IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 7 years ago

Has anyone seen the black trim on the LE? Torn between green or black?

#352 7 years ago

look for MMR in black, its kind of a matt black sheen.

Neil.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

It's fun for a few months or in this case a year I guess but the same modes over and over I just can't take it any more.

and ur not going to get that with AFM? I love the game but after a few months the call outs and same shots and stuff like any pinball became stale.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

and ur not going to get that with AFM? I love the game but after a few months the call outs and same shots and stuff like any pinball became stale.

Afm has outlasted my acdc luci, imve, twd, met and many others . Theres something just really great about it that never seems to get old like many other pins ive owned.

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I get that games have the same code of course. Many games have lasted in my collection with the "same" code. Something about GBLE that just makes the game really stale for me. I wanted it to be a keeper but not so for me.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afm has outlasted my acdc luci, imve, twd, met and many others . Theres something just really great about it that never seems to get old like many other pins ive owned.

That's the great thing about pinball. It's sort of like music. Some music I can listen to over and over for decades. Other music I like very much....for about six weeks, then I'm done with it forever! (P.S. I actually like IMVE more than AFM) That being said I've considered selling my IM to get into and AFMr....you know...just for the change up. Probably won't do it though.

#357 7 years ago

I'm one of the rare weirdos that think The Shadow is Brian Eddy's best game.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not weird at all. The Shadow is a masterpiece of a game.

#359 7 years ago

No thanks. Game was fun 10 years ago... moved on since then. Color or no color. Not an overly deep pin.

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Game was fun 10 years ago

Way waaaay back in the year 2007...the moldy oldie days. Ah, yes, pinball has changed a lot since then

#361 7 years ago

Has there been any info on how Strobe multiball will look?

#362 7 years ago

In ... LE with black trim!

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

It doesn't black-out the backbox lights if that's what you mean. There are a few videos from TPF that show this.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Not weird at all. The Shadow is a masterpiece of a game.

I agree It is one of the few games I wish I hadn't sold.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

I agree It is one of the few games I wish I hadn't sold.

Me too. I have a playfield on the CPR list for Shadow even though I don't have one at the moment because I plan to eventually get another one, and the sanctum is almost always blown out. Buying parts for a machine you don't have is the definition of pinball addiction.

#366 7 years ago

I'm in too. LE with black trim.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

It doesn't black-out the backbox lights if that's what you mean. There are a few videos from TPF that show this.

It seems like this wouldn't be too difficult for PPS/CGC to add as software option.

#368 7 years ago

Im in Green trim LE #25

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

x2.... Is it the same as the original?

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

Im in Green trim LE #25

Can you even request a number with a specific trim type?

#371 7 years ago

No

#372 7 years ago

Martian Green for me!

#373 7 years ago

Im in too, i dont know if i know the trim green or black.

And, i have another difficult, here in Spain no have distributors for Chicago Gaming Company ......

#374 7 years ago

I want to put that lit back board mod from pinball decals in my AFMr LE when I get it. I'm hoping it won't be an issue, it's probably the only mod I'll do besides maybe PDI glass since it already has so many mods as it is.

2 weeks later
#375 6 years ago

I'm in, I put money down on the Le as well as MMR. Waiting is always the hardest part, I feel like if I don't go green I'm dropping the ball

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I want to put that lit back board mod from pinball decals in my AFMr LE when I get it. I'm hoping it won't be an issue, it's probably the only mod I'll do besides maybe PDI glass since it already has so many mods as it is.

Can you post a link to this mod, LTG any thoughts on if it will work on AFMr?

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LTG any thoughts on if it will work on AFMr?

If it's just lit, not the idol lights, I'd install it with a separate power source.

LTG : )

#378 6 years ago

I played it at Allentown. The aliens barely had any "pop" to their jumping when active.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I played it at Allentown. The aliens barely had any "pop" to their jumping when active.

This wasn't an issue at TPF. Somethings going on, maybe weaker power at Allentown ?

LTG : )

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Both afmrs played very odd compared to the original one there thats for sure........

#381 6 years ago

I just got back from Allentown and thought the AFMr played awesome. Flippers could have used a little more power but I know that is a simple adjustment in settings. Can't wait to get my LE.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Both afmrs played very odd compared to the original one there thats for sure........

^ This guy is EXTREMELY interested in knocking AFMr every chance he gets. I wonder why?
LOL!

I'm waiting for him to mention the blackout mod again...shouldn't be long now.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The one I played was smooth as silk, and lightening fast!
The big LCD is amazing.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

^ This guy is EXTREMELY interested in knocking AFMr every chance he gets. I wonder why?
LOL!
I'm waiting for him to mention the blackout mod again...shouldn't be long now.

Y? Its my favorite pin in excellent original condition that i dont have much into and will never sell . Just giving a review of it after playing it alot. Many other's that we were playing were also less than impressed with certain aspects of the remake so it wasnt just me. Im glad it was remade and most people will never notice the differences . I have no issues with more great pinball being made but they are different in many ways.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Y? Its my favorite pin in excellent original condition that i dont have much into and will never sell . Just giving a review of it after playing it alot. Many other's that we were playing were also less than impressed with certain aspects of the remake so it wasnt just me. Im glad it was remade and most people will never notice the differences . I have no issues with more great pinball being made but they are different in many ways.

It's not that you noticed differences and voiced your opinion...it's that you KEEP repeating it over and over about how the remake is inferior for whatever reason. We get it. You like your original better. That's cool. Personally I'd go with the brand new game with the extra large screen (that has 4x the resolution and improved color animations), shaker motor, uncompressed sound, and interactive tri-color ship LEDs over a 22 year old machine.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The one I played was smooth as silk, and lightening fast!
The big LCD is amazing.

Yea that was not the issue at all. A bunch of us cldnt quite put our finger on it but the differences in play /feel between the 2 remakes and original at the show were very noticable. Not a bad thing at all but most people i played with perfered the play/feel of the original but liked the lights/upgrades and newness of the remake. Overall they did a good job on these remakes and its awesome people get to own these great titles.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's not that you noticed differences and voiced your opinion...it's that you KEEP repeating it over and over about how the remake is inferior for whatever reason. We get it. You like your original better. That's cool. Personally I'd go with the brand new game with the extra large screen (that has 4x the resolution and improved color animations), shaker motor, uncompressed sound, and interactive tri-color ship LEDs over a 22 year old machine.

Ahh ok ? I havent posted anything like that or repeated anything in this thread? The post from earlier today was my first in this thread mentioning the difference in gameplay between the 2 ? ..... bc well i just played yesterday? I sure havent said its inferior to the old one and im just pointing out the differences as i notice them. Settle down there man.......

#388 6 years ago

One thing I've noticed year after year with Pinfest is weak flippers on games that are not usually week. Seems it can be from one line of plugs to the next. Meaning a row of game can play weaker plugged into one place because of power issues. I'm a fan of both the remake and original. This year afmr played weaker then the original. Last year the mmr played stronger then the original.

#389 6 years ago

Does it have this great mod?

Franck did an amazing job! Congrats

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I've been in the hoby for about 5 years. I have always wanted a MM, MB or AFM. But they have always been out of reach due to high prices. Even MMr at $8000 is too much for me. But the standard version of AFMr suits me just fine. I've never played a pin with a color DMD and if it's up to me I never will. I would never personally spend $400 on a color display and right now I don't know what I'm missing.
I would definitely consider selling my Met pro or IMVE and coming up with a little extra cash to own a brand new standard AFMr at $6499. If it's the closest to an original AFM, and many say the original is one of the best pins ever made, then that's a decent deal compared to current pin prices. All I know is this is the first time in 5 years I have considered owning one of these 3 pins.

I take trades and could meet you again.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One thing I've noticed year after year with Pinfest is weak flippers on games that are not usually week. Seems it can be from one line of plugs to the next. Meaning a row of game can play weaker plugged into one place because of power issues. I'm a fan of both the remake and original. This year afmr played weaker then the original. Last year the mmr played stronger then the original.

Definitely true sometimes but i was able to make all shots on both afmr and afm on fri so that wasn't a issue.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does it have this great mod?

That looks friggen pimp.

On the flippers, they are using the same flippers mechs as MMR, so unless current MMR owners are complaining, I think there's nothing to worry about.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea that was not the issue at all. A bunch of us cldnt quite put our finger on it but the differences in play /feel between the 2 remakes and original at the show were very noticable. Not a bad thing at all but most people i played with perfered the play/feel of the original but liked the lights/upgrades and newness of the remake. Overall they did a good job on these remakes and its awesome people get to own these great titles.

A new machine will play different than a 20 year old machine thats seen 10's of thousands of plays.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Definitely true sometimes but i was able to make all shots on both afmr and afm on fri so that wasn't a issue.

Talk about broken record?? Just give it up already. Everyone already knows you don't like the remake because you collect originals. Just move along, move along.

#395 6 years ago

I find a lot of games play different from one example to the next. New and old. I always like to play games I own on location to compare how different they are. Some shots just seem more easy or difficult. Probably all in my head because all the parts are the same. Maybe flippers are slightly higher or lower.

I definitely want to check out AFMr before getting serious about buying one. I figure they play good but worried about the lighting. Not real happy about the use of mounted leds on light boards but really not going to be happy if they don't look good. Lighting looked good enough on MMr so expecting the same in AFMr.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

yes - very firmly I do. There is no business case for them to build them and sell them any cheaper! They will justify the price with some new bells and whistles, LEDs, ColorDMD, whatever but 100% yes - you wont see this machine for less than $8000-$9000 no matter what.

hmmmmm????

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

... im just pointing out the differences as i notice them. Settle down there man.......

I'm still trying to find out what those differences are so I can make an informed decision as a potential AFM buyer. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you seem to keep saying things like "can't put my finger on it" or "just feels different" (sorry, paraphrasing) and then followup with comments that most people won't notice and that you could make all the shots.

Very confusing indeed. As others have said, a 20 y/o game won't play like a new one. Heck, I've played probably half a dozen AFM's before and no two have felt the same to me.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Talk about broken record?? Just give it up already. Everyone already knows you don't like the remake because you collect originals. Just move along, move along.

X2 FFS BigD go start an "AFMr sucks but my original AFM is incredible" thread. In case you forgot this is the "AFMr who is in" thread not the BigD broken record bash thread.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

- Special Edition : $ 7,299
Extra large FULL Color LCD score display, Enhanced Sound System, Metallic Saucers, Tri-color LED on main saucer, stainless steel cabinet trim, multicolored backbox speakers, and shaker motor included. Includes 12 month electronics warranty & 6 month mechanical warranty.

Features quoted for reference - I'd be in for the SE at some point if I could get it with the black trim (I don't want the other LE upgrades enough for the extra money and who knows if any will be left when I'm ready to buy). Between seeing a friend's beautifully restored AFM with black powdercoat trim, and what the new speaker panel design on the SE looks like, I feel like black is the look I would want. I know I could have the stainless trim converted to black after the fact but I would much rather not have to go through the trouble and expense of removing it and sending it out.

That would be my feedback to CGC, make the SE available in black trim and they'll sell lots of them.

That aside I really liked the way the new speaker panel and larger display looked much more than I expected from pictures. Even the green LE trim looked better in person. Before Allentown I would have said it the classic edition is the one I would want but now I'm sold on the SE upgrades.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Features quoted for reference - I'd be in for the SE at some point if I could get it with the black trim (I don't want the other LE upgrades enough for the extra money and who knows if any will be left when I'm ready to buy). Between seeing a friend's beautifully restored AFM with black powdercoat trim, and what the new speaker panel design on the SE looks like, I feel like black is the look I would want. I know I could have the stainless trim converted to black after the fact but I would much rather not have to go through the trouble and expense of removing it and sending it out.
That would be my feedback to CGC, make the SE available in black trim and they'll sell lots of them.
That aside I really liked the way the new speaker panel and larger display looked much more than I expected from pictures. Even the green LE trim looked better in person. Before Allentown I would have said it the classic edition is the one I would want but now I'm sold on the SE upgrades.

The side rails and lockdown bar are easy to remove.
Just get the SE and think about color after the fact.
Pinballplating will trade your brand new parts for colored ones and you will have very little downtime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remakewho-is-in/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.