IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, I'm gonna chill on it. Right now the $400 color price is irritating me, but that's fine, ordering now seems stupid anyways. Plenty of time later after other people have tested the build process for me.

Yeah, Standard and SE are "unlimited" ...no reason to jump on it unless you wanna be first.

#302 7 years ago

Nice pricing.. should sell a lot of units. Now we'll see how well CGC's new pinball line can keep up with demand!

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

unless you wanna be first

Being first in ordering new games isn't high on my list of things to do, that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, much love to everyone who pre-ordered Alien! And by all means, get AFMr, I want to see the tires kicked. Just ain't gonna be me.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You misunderstand. I don't care if you love it or want to chop it up with an axe....I just want some honesty. To say RFM has "video modes" is flat out wrong. A video mode is when the game stops...and you play a game on the display. Zero pinball happens during this time. That never happens on RFM, it's constantly physical pinball action. This game has had that misconception for years, and it's baffling....people still think it's the same as Baby Pac-Man....sometimes video, sometimes pinball - that's not the case with RFM. SWEp1? Sure, that game blows lol ...but RFM is pure PINBALL. If you don't like the game, that's fine.

Yeah I never mentioned it had "video modes" . And neither did you when you quoted me. I see now Vic did but you knew it was just an expression as he's played the game.

I didn't realize some people thought the game was all video modes. I suppose that's interesting... naaah

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I never mentioned it had "video modes" nor did Vic. And neither did you when you quoted us both. Now I *am* confused.
Maybe you got yer meds mixed up today? No biggie

Quoted from PinMonk:

Ugh. RfM is fun, but the video modes got old for me very fast

My meds, eh? Awaiting your apology.

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I never mentioned it had "video modes" but looking back I see Vic did.

Yeah I don't like video modes generally in pinball either.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I don't like video modes generally in pinball either.

Fantastic. RFM has zero. AFM has one.

#308 7 years ago

Sooooooo...these are available now?

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sooooooo...these are available now?

To order. Production in May.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fantastic. RFM has zero. AFM has one.

Sorry dude... I *tried* to edit it when I looked back t Vic's comment but you were too damn fast.

Hey I can barely follow my *own* comments... don't ask me to remember somebody else at the same time

#311 7 years ago

I just ordered my LE in black from Rick. Absolutely can wait for it (counting the days...).

$7999 + Shipping (if any)

This is what you get on the used market right now (really no offense to the seller glwts...)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46819

Please read the description, its a fairly good deal to some people for what it is. Just not for me.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I just ordered my LE in black from Rick. Absolutely can wait for it (counting the days...).
$7999 + Shipping (if any)
This is what you get on the used market right now (really no offense to the seller glwts...)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46819
Please read the description, its a fairly good deal to some people for what it is. Just not for me.

I tried to buy that AFM earlier this week. He won't budge a penny despite the "obo". Have a feeling it will be a difficult sale now.

#313 7 years ago

Do we know who is making the playfields on these?

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do we know who is making the playfields on these?

You would assume Churchill themselves.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You would assume Churchill themselves.

Ok cool. Seems like Churchills latest playfields for Stern have been pretty solid.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

RFM has a good base, but complete lack of ANY stacking makes for boring, linear games after a while.

I had Cliffy's RFM for quite a while at me house, and originally thought about buying one. But after about 9 months, I thought...this thing needs to go so I can put a Spider-man in that space.

Robert

#317 7 years ago

AFMr LE #34 is on order...(well, as soon as I send in a check)!

Robert

#318 7 years ago

I figure by mid summer we'll see some 5k originals, I'll just hang out til then.....

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I figure by mid summer we'll see some 5k originals, I'll just hang out til then.....

Wont be mine or many others that i know lol. Good luck but not sure why some think they will fall like this. Plenty of people perfer original mm and pay 10-12 k all the time when there were nib available for 8k....

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wont be mine or many others that i know lol. Good luck but not sure why some think they will fall like this. Plenty of people perfer original mm and pay 10-12 k all the time when there were nib available for 8k....

The recent Pinside MM market place archive info shows that two HEP MMs sold in the 10-12k MM price range, which is a much higher standard than most pins. Just saying.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

The recent Pinside MM market place archive info shows that two HEP MMs sold in the 10-12k MM price range, which is a much higher standard than most pins. Just saying.

I have yet to see any nice original mm sell for less than 9k. I know of one recently fresh off route that sold for 7600 and had a line of people waiting.....and it was rough. Most nice ones sell for 9-10k and go up from there depending on restoration level and upgrades. Pinside is just a small percentage of pin sales and even then many on here are off the books /archive.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just not sure I'm feeling the look. Maybe if the speakers didn't look so stupid the display would feel better. But yeah, if you pay for the color upgrade and it's actually $400 again that does close the delta.

Hmm. Side by side I think the original speaker panel looks pretty dumb. Not a fan of the wpc95 look but to each his own.

#324 7 years ago

possibly yes if Wayne in Aus can keep the classic around $8500

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

possibly yes if Wayne in Aus can keep the classic around $8500

It's 11,500.

#326 7 years ago

wow that is depressing - doubt will sell many, hate to see the price of the collectors and LE's

pricing released at Texas Pinball Festival
Classic - $6499 USD
Special - $7299 USD
LE - $7999 USD (500 total)

and a comparison to a Stern Aerosmith in the USD
MSRP prices
January / 2017 / Aerosmith / Pro / $6199
January / 2017 / Aerosmith / Premium / $7899
January / 2017 / Aerosmith / LE (500) / $8999

and then (Aus Distributor) AMD's pricing of
Aerosmith / Pro / $8350
Aerosmith / Premium / $10650
Aerosmith / LE (500) / $12350

so then Mr Pinball will be selling these at
Classic - $11000
Special - $?
LE - $?

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

so then Mr Pinball will be selling these at
Classic - $11000
Special - $?
LE - $?

#328 7 years ago

he can have it at that price charging $3k more that what AMD can bring in and sell a game for

but thanks for the prices....

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

he can have it at that price charging $3k more that what AMD can bring in and sell a game for

Yep, it's total BS. Then he sends me an unsolicited email trying to start a fight with me because I have no idea what it costs to import blah blah blah. I'm a freaking CUSTOMER. Guy is a carny. Rick needs to reign in his global distributors.

#330 7 years ago

that's no good, but not surprising.

they aren't helping themselves when you look at those prices.

I was on the fence on the poll but fell off to the "NO" side

#331 7 years ago

I've been in the hoby for about 5 years. I have always wanted a MM, MB or AFM. But they have always been out of reach due to high prices. Even MMr at $8000 is too much for me. But the standard version of AFMr suits me just fine. I've never played a pin with a color DMD and if it's up to me I never will. I would never personally spend $400 on a color display and right now I don't know what I'm missing.

I would definitely consider selling my Met pro or IMVE and coming up with a little extra cash to own a brand new standard AFMr at $6499. If it's the closest to an original AFM, and many say the original is one of the best pins ever made, then that's a decent deal compared to current pin prices. All I know is this is the first time in 5 years I have considered owning one of these 3 pins.

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yep, it's total BS. Then he sends me an unsolicited email trying to start a fight with me because I have no idea what it costs to import blah blah blah. I'm a freaking CUSTOMER. Guy is a carny. Rick needs to reign in his global distributors.

Same as me, you should read his reply emails to me. Wayne really doesn't have a personality and doesn't know how to speak to a customer.

Was going to Charge me $300 for delivery, I asked him why as other distros charge me $220 - $250 and off he went in a rant.

How can someone mark up the prices like he has and expect people to buy them.

#333 7 years ago

I was crazy enough to pre-order the LE... eeek!

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I was excited at the possiblility of getting an AFMr until i saw the prices he put up. Will save my money for another pin later this year.

Something really needs to be done to sort out a distributor who is costing a company sales and driving away customers by completely ripping us off.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I was excited at the possiblility of getting an AFMr until i saw the prices he put up. Will save my money for another pin later this year.
Something really needs to be done to sort out a distributor who is costing a company sales and driving away customers by completely ripping us off.

Yep, happy with my Aerosmith, Alien arriving soon (A$650 AIR FREIGHTED TO MY DOOR), then Star Wars later. Was totally in on this until the Australian Gouge-o-matic was applied.

#336 7 years ago

there must be a great potential for a Aus dealer for American Pinball, JJP, MMr & AFMr's as Mr Pinball is over charging.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

there must be a great potential for a Aus dealer for American Pinball, JJP, MMr & AFMr's as Mr Pinball is over charging.

PPS should just ship globally like Heighway does.
US$6500 = A$8550. Plus $400 import duty, plus $855 GST, plus $650 freight.
A$10,455.
And that's with the standard distributor fee already in the US$6500 starting price, which they can keep.

#338 7 years ago

Wondering if PPS knows the mark up price our distro has placed on there pins

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Wondering if PPS knows the mark up price our distro has placed on there pins

Probably. Just PM Rick and tell him.

#340 7 years ago

I would be all over a classic if I could upgrade the saucer leds to the tri colour leds and get metallic saucer finish. Shame there isn't an upgrade list similar to how Heighway offer every as an upgradable extra.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would be all over a classic if I could upgrade the saucer leds to the tri colour leds and get metallic saucer finish. Shame there isn't an upgrade list similar to how Heighway offer every as an upgradable extra.

Actually it would be nice if you could install the Bill Ung kit and get that mean red look. I appreciate what they tried to do with the saucers but flashing green and red looks like a Christmas display. Hardly AFM-like.

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Actually it would be nice if you could install the Bill Ung kit and get that mean red look. I appreciate what they tried to do with the saucers but flashing green and red looks like a Christmas display. Hardly AFM-like.

I agree... i really like alot of things they did but also i like lots of things about the original also. Im still curious about how strobe mb looks and if u can dim the backbox like the blackout mod does. Also i have the dual lights on my mothership that id green but when u hit the ship it turns red....such a great effect and does the new one do this? .

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The metallic is very easy to do and im curious of the mothership leds work like the gozmod upgrade for the original.

1 week later
#344 7 years ago

Sold my GBLE and getting and AFMrLE. Couldn't be happier. Owning GBLE since new the code is so stale and honestly I don't care what they do I don't think it is going to improve much. Just like KISS, GBLE will likely never see the code most wanted or expected.

No surprises on this one! And going 100% with green!

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sold my GBLE and getting and AFMrLE. Couldn't be happier. Owning GBLE since new the code is so stale and honestly I don't care what they do I don't think it is going to improve much. Just like KISS, GBLE will likely never see the code most wanted or expected.

Just curious as I haven't played, but why does the new code make the game stale?

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I agree, waiting for possibly non-existant code updates, is like watching paint dry. Boring as hell.
Still I like GB but not as much as I like AFM.
Getting a brand new AFM is like a dream come true to a lot of us, Its been on my radar for years, all I have ever come across is routed trash with rotten cabinets in my area.

Im also really excited to get mine ordered!

#347 7 years ago

LE with the same number as my MMR

ITS GREEN!

Its_green (resized).jpgIts_green (resized).jpg

#348 7 years ago

Put down deposit last week on an LE with matching MMR number also!!

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Medfly:

Put down deposit last week on an LE with matching MMR number also!!

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just curious as I haven't played, but why does the new code make the game stale?

Not the "new" code just the code in general. My post said "I have owned since new". I have the latest code and still you just have to work through the modes and there is literally nothing else to shoot for. It's fun for a few months or in this case a year I guess but the same modes over and over I just can't take it any more. I have done everything there is to do on it and it really just falls flat for me now. And the mutiball where th flippers reverse every time u hit the captive ball?? WTF were they thinking? Worst experience ever especially having to work so hard to get to it.

So looking forward to AFMrLE. Basically the same money as my GBLE was and 10x the game IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remakewho-is-in/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.