IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Really thinking about getting a AFMr but I already have a really clean RFM. Anyone else own both? I feel like you just own one or the other, otherwise they compete with each other?

I had both and sold AFM. RFM is cooler.

That being said, I'm intrigued by AFMr. I love the giant display and new animation.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had both and sold AFM. RFM is cooler.
That being said, I'm intrigued by AFMr. I love the giant display and new animation.

Ugh. RfM is fun, but the video modes got old for me very fast. Same deal on the other Pin2K. I would never have a Pin2K back again. I might have an AfM again some day, but not the remake.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I'm in. I just wish you could get the Special Edition with a regular sized display. I am not a fan of the oversized display. If I'm going to get a remake, I want it to look like the original.

...uh, then get the classic. Oh, you DON'T want it just like the original? Got it.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ugh. RfM is fun, but the video modes got old for me very fast. Same deal on the other Pin2K. I would never have a Pin2K back again. I might have an AfM again some day, but not the remake.

Dude, have you played RFM? There are literally zero video modes. Zero. It's pure pinball and all projections from the monitor are interactive targets. AFM has a video mode!!!!

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude, have you played RFM? There are literally zero video modes. Zero. It's pure pinball and all projections from the monitor are interactive targets. AFM has a video mode!!!!

Yeah...whaaaaa? I think he means that lame AFM video mode. That one gets old real quick.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not only have I played it, I've completed it. So, specifically, I was referring to the modes where video is overlaid on the screen in the form of comedic scenes with targets, where the comedy wears very thin very quickly due to the repetition. Didn't like it.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not only have I played it, I've completed it. So, specifically, I was referring to the modes where video is overlaid on the screen in the form of comedic scenes with targets, where the comedy wears very thin very quickly due to the repetition. Didn't like it.

Oh, so you mean the entire game? The holograms?

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh, so you mean the entire game? The holograms?

RfM doesn't have holograms. It has reflections of video on the glass that overlay the playfield, but that's it. I wasn't a fan of the implementation and repetition, but it doesn't mean other people can't be. That said, the going prices in the mid 2's shows pretty clearly pin 2k is not that desirable. Compare that to $6,500-$8,000 for its predecessor, AfM.

#259 7 years ago

While rfm isnt horrible and is kinda neat, its not in the same ball park as far as gameplay imo. Both have their place in collection's .

#260 7 years ago

All pins can be repetitive and boring, you need to find the right titles for you.
RFM is a fantastic pin with incredible innovations
I played AFM recently and i find RFM the same (or maybe more) fun but for less money !!

#261 7 years ago

Hoping to do this on the AFMr someday instead of just on the pinball arcade. Such a neat completion where the game just goes dead when you rule the universe.

BCCCD3EE-67B7-486D-AF24-47277FCAB4A2 (resized).PNGBCCCD3EE-67B7-486D-AF24-47277FCAB4A2 (resized).PNG

B73A5064-64B7-4589-9A59-A2EBAE650569 (resized).PNGB73A5064-64B7-4589-9A59-A2EBAE650569 (resized).PNG

#262 7 years ago

RFM is "neat" for being different but it wore on me very quickly. Felt like the games went on forever.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

RFM is "neat" for being different but it wore on me very quickly. Felt like the games went on forever.

Yeah despite how clever and impressive the "floating" animations looked... it lost the general "randomness" pinball can seem to have and the scenes (modes) got repetitive real quick. "oh no it's the bar scene again"... that kinda deal.

#264 7 years ago

I would be shocked if I could sell my lotr add 500 dollars and own an brand new afmr. That would be awesome although I doubt it will be sub 6000

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah despite how clever and impressive the "floating" animations looked... it lost the general "randomness" pinball can seem to have and the scenes (modes) got repetitive real quick. "oh no it's the bar scene again"... that kinda deal.

Such a weird complaint. Every pinball machine has the same "scene" because it can't do anything otherwise. The late 90's B/W games tried to make one toy (MM castle, AFM ship, CP's boxer) into multiple characters through sound clips ...but you were always seeing the same toy. RFM gets you tons of characters and scenarios due to the hologram animation. You get the bar scene....then another, then another, then another! It has more variety on the playfield than any other game.

Quoted from PinMonk:

So hitting the same ship in AFM or the same castle in MM isn't repetition? Just such an odd complaint that is at odds with the reality of these games. Oh well, enjoy that AFM video mode lol.

I'm glad RFM is still cheap. It's a hidden gem...people can get a great game at a great price due to some odd prejudices by "purists" who don't even understand what the game is, even if they've played it. Meanwhile, people lost their shit over GB's Ecto goggles, which is a mini version of RFM's effect....yet pretty much does nothing lol.

#266 7 years ago

Have they released the pricing info yet? It's supposed to be today, right?

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RFM gets you tons of characters and scenarios due to the hologram animation.

Quoted from PinMonk:

RfM doesn't have holograms. It has reflections of video on the glass that overlay the playfield, but that's it.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So hitting the same ship in AFM or the same castle in MM isn't repetition? Just such an odd complaint that is at odds with the reality of these games. Oh well, enjoy that AFM video mode lol.
I'm glad RFM is still cheap. It's a hidden gem...people cat get a great game at a great price due to some odd prejudices by "purists" who don't even understand what the game is, even if they've played it. Meanwhile, people lost their shit over GB's Ecto goggles, which is a mini version of RFM's effect....yet pretty much does nothing lol.

Yeah I was excited about the platform and played it quite a bit when it was first released. I'm no Luddite when it comes to pinball. Still think the concept is cool.
I didn't expect to get tired of it before I could snag one but that's what happened.

It seems like you're upset with people that don't love it even after they've played the thing... which is odd. But like you said... "more gems for you"

#269 7 years ago

MSRP's are up.

$6,799 = Classic
$7,599 = Special
$8,299 = LE
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/products.asp?page=2&categoryId=30

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

MSRP's are up.
$6,799 = Classic
$7,599 = Special
$8,299 = LE

Haha, yeah right. Alien it is!

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

MSRP's are up.
$6,799 = Classic
$7,599 = Special
$8,299 = LE

Ok so these are the MSRP's so what the REAL prices? $1000 less?

#273 7 years ago

From CGC:

AFM – Classic Edition $6,499 + freight
AFM – Special Edition $7,299 + freight
AFM – Limited Edition $7,999 + freight

Robert

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It seems like you're upset with people that don't love it even after they've played the thing... which is odd. But like you said... "more gems for you"

You misunderstand. I don't care if you love it or want to chop it up with an axe....I just want some honesty. To say RFM has "video modes" is flat out wrong. A video mode is when the game stops...and you play a game on the display. Zero pinball happens during this time. That never happens on RFM, it's constantly physical pinball action. This game has had that misconception for years, and it's baffling....people still think it's the same as Baby Pac-Man....sometimes video, sometimes pinball - that's not the case with RFM. SWEp1? Sure, that game blows lol ...but RFM is pure PINBALL. If you don't like the game, that's fine.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

From CGC:
AFM – Classic Edition $6,499 + freight
AFM – Special Edition $7,299 + freight
AFM – Limited Edition $7,999 + freight
Robert

Too high...my wallet is closed.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Too high...my wallet is closed.

I actually think the pricing is quite fair considering today's market. People said after MMr there's no way they'd sell AFMr for less....and look, they are! ...and the LE is essentially the same price as MMr but you get way more stuff...the topper, the upgraded saucer lights, the giant screen, blades (I think?), etc...

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I actually think the pricing is quite fair considering today's market. People said after MMr there's no way they'd sell AFMr for less....and look, they are! ...and the LE is essentially the same price as MMr but you get way more stuff...the topper, the upgraded saucer lights, the giant screen, blades (I think?), etc...

Meh, they'll sell. Not to me though. It's an ok price and right where I expected to be honest. I'd rather buy a RFM and have the other $4000 in the bank.

#278 7 years ago

It's a great time to be in pinball. More choices are always a good thing.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People said after MMr there's no way they'd sell AFMr for less

Who said that? They're idiots. Only people who made any sense were the ones who said no f**king way they could sell it for the same price as MMR.

What's freight like now? I figure around $400, is that ballpark? And what? Another $400 if you want to upgrade to color animations on the low end model? So $7300 shipped or so?

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Meh, they'll sell. Not to me though. It's an ok price and right where I expected to be honest. I'd rather buy a RFM and have the other $4000 in the bank.

It's weird, I've had an AFM, wasn't overly thrilled with it...sold it...still have/love my RFM. I'm strangely intrigued by AFMr LE. I'm not going to rush out and order one, mind you....but I'll be watching.

#281 7 years ago

If only PPS was able to, or did, include a new ruleset with their remakes It would be awesome if a new ruleset existed in additional to the original with the ability to choose either one in settings.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who said that? They're idiots.

People who assumed CGC/PPS would be greedy and not go lower in price than their first game. Like you said....idiots. lol

Quoted from Aurich:

Only people who made any sense were the ones who said no f**king way they could sell it for the same price as MMR.
What's freight like now? I figure around $400, is that ballpark? And what? Another $400 if you want to upgrade to color animations on the low end model? So $7300 shipped or so?

Yeah, it just makes more sense to get the SE then, unless you really really don't want color dots!

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If only PPS was able to, or did, include a new ruleset with their remakes It would be awesome if a new ruleset existed in additional to the original with the ability to choose either one in settings.

What other ruleset would you want with AFM? Most people claim it to be perfection.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What other ruleset would you want with AFM? Most people claim it to be perfection.

NO VIDEO MODE!

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it just makes more sense to get the SE then, unless you really really don't want color dots!

I'm just not sure I'm feeling the look. Maybe if the speakers didn't look so stupid the display would feel better. But yeah, if you pay for the color upgrade and it's actually $400 again that does close the delta.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I'm in. I just wish you could get the Special Edition with a regular sized display. I am not a fan of the oversized display. If I'm going to get a remake, I want it to look like the original.

Why don't you get the standard then? Add speaker lights if its a must but has the standard display and, to me the display is the only real huge benefit of upgrading.

#287 7 years ago

PinballSTAR is taking orders NOW, ATTACK FROM MARS REMAKE is NOW available to order :

- Classic Edition : $ 6,499
Standard sized Color LCD score display, that can be set to any single color, can be upgraded to Full Color DMD for additional cost. All LED lighting throughout machine. Stainless steel cabinet trim. Shaker motor can be added at additional cost. Includes 6 month electronics warranty & 3 month mechanical warranty. $ 250 Deposit.

- Special Edition : $ 7,299
Extra large FULL Color LCD score display, Enhanced Sound System, Metallic Saucers, Tri-color LED on main saucer, stainless steel cabinet trim, multicolored backbox speakers, and shaker motor included. Includes 12 month electronics warranty & 6 month mechanical warranty. $ 250 Deposit

- Limited Edition (1000 units total) : $ 7,999
Extra large FULL Color LCD score display, Enhanced Sound System, Metallic Saucers, and Tri-color LEDs on ALL saucers. Cabinet trim options are : Black, Martian Green, and Stainless Steel. Cabinet mirror blades, multicolored backbox speakers, and shaker motor included. Custom designed Interactive mechanical martian topper designed by AFM artist Doug Watson. Martian moves up and down, his eyes light up, and multicolored Leds around topper. Numbered LE Medallion. Includes 24 month electronics warranty & 12 month mechanical warranty. $ 1,000 Deposit

* No additional monies due until 30 days prior to shipping.
* Shipping cost is additional.
* PA residents pay PA sales tax and is additional.

Contact Joe Newhart at [email protected] to order.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I jacked up the legs, made the game brutal. As well made it more enjoyable.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

can be upgraded to Full Color DMD for additional cost.

Is that cost still some kind of secret? Don't get why it's not spelled out, seems like something you'd want to know before you order.

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is that cost still some kind of secret? Don't get why it's not spelled out, seems like something you'd want to know before you order.

It's listed as $399 on PPS announcement

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok so these are the MSRP's so what the REAL prices? $1000 less?

LOL it doesn't work that way.

$6900 + freight will be the actual price on the low end model with color. Still much cheaper than MMR so obviously they thought about this a bit.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

It's listed as $399 on PPS announcement

Okay, so same $400 like we figured. Guess they think as long as that's what a ColorDMD costs they can get away with it. Probably right too, it looks great, hard to not get it on principle. But yeah, base price is really $6900 then as far as I'm concerned.

Eh. It's not terrible, but it's not great either.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But yeah, base price is really $6900 then as far as I'm concerned.

But to people like me it's 6500 and that's very respectable especially considering the non stop price increases going on now a days.

#294 7 years ago

Are the LEs limited at all?

#295 7 years ago

Haven't fallowed this thread, but the pricing seems reasonable. Maybe having more of them out their will increase my chances of getting a players used machine. I do hope this announcement doesn't take away money that would have otherwise gone to a new design.

#296 7 years ago

Doesnt it seem that AFMr is a better value than MMr. At least looking at the actual mechs and included hardware?

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But to people like me it's 6500 and that's very respectable especially considering the non stop price increases going on now a days.

Hey cool, you do you. All my DMD games have always been ColorDMD'd, going back to monochrome isn't something I care to do personally. If I buy it's with the color.

I dunno, I'm gonna chill on it. Right now the $400 color price is irritating me, but that's fine, ordering now seems stupid anyways. Plenty of time later after other people have tested the build process for me.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey cool, you do you. All my DMD games have always been ColorDMD'd, going back to monochrome isn't something I care to do personally. If I buy it's with the color.
I dunno, I'm gonna chill on it. Right now the $400 color price is irritating me, but that's fine, ordering now seems stupid anyways. Plenty of time later after other people have tested the build process for me.

I just like that it's an option and not 6900 and comes with it. This is great for operators too. I expect to see standards all over locations.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Amen. RFM has a good base, but complete lack of ANY stacking makes for boring, linear games after a while. SWep1 is just a trainwreck.

Quoted from bigd1979:

While rfm isnt horrible and is kinda neat, its not in the same ball park as far as gameplay imo. Both have their place in collection's .

RFM *had* a place in my collection, but couldn't pull muster and was summarily ejected. I like the tech but the game just got boring.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Are the LEs limited at all?

To 1000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remakewho-is-in/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.