IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes it can add up quick....still a better "bang for your buck" IMHO.
You can also get one for $6450 ($6800 shipped to your door).

True and that is a good deal.

#202 7 years ago

The wide DMD/LCD is really awesome. I really hope this pin is priced realistically so I can buy one. Just hard for me to justify spending more money on a Pin than what I paid for my truck lol.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I really hope this pin is priced realistically so I can buy one. Just hard for me to justify spending more money on a Pin than what I paid for my truck lol.

True but the value of your truck will decline over the years a lot quicker and if kept long enough will require more money to maintain. Plus your truck doesn't have flippers

#204 7 years ago

When can we expect to see the game start shipping?

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

So if you (not you personally) don't want one click "no" and continue on with your life... posting multiple times about what you'd (again, not you) rather have is pointless... and boring...

Who is posting that?

#206 7 years ago

I'm not. If this came out a year ago, it would have been an easy buy. Attack from Mars is in my top 3 pins. But since I've seen Alien by Heighway, I decided to pre-order Alien instead.

#207 7 years ago

I voted on the fence. I contacted a distributor and will make a decision once pricing has been set. I'm only interested in the SE, and if the deposit is reasonable and the price doable, I might be in. We shall see.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Who is posting that?

Nevermind. It was taken to PM, I apologised for being a douche, and we've cuddled and made-up!

It's only pinball!

#209 7 years ago

Maybe with the larger display they modified the code to implement 12 digit scoring... I've seen it rolled, only once, but witnessed it myself in person.

-Steve

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm not. If this came out a year ago, it would have been an easy buy. Attack from Mars is in my top 3 pins. But since I've seen Alien by Heighway, I decided to pre-order Alien instead.

There are a lot of great pins to choose from this spring/summer.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

There are a lot of great pins to choose from this spring/summer.

And I'm buying every.. single.. one of them. Fuck it man, change up the whooole collection. 2017 is gonna rock with fresh pinball. Who wants to buy all my old shit?

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And I'm buying every.. single.. one of them. Fuck it man, change up the whooole collection. 2017 is gonna rock with fresh pinball. Who wants to buy all my old shit?

I'll take your Simpsons and Metallica!! Just need to find someone with a boat...

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Rock on!

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes it can add up quick....still a better "bang for your buck" IMHO.
You can also get one for $6450 ($6800 shipped to your door).

Not just picking on you, just trying to figure out how all of these people know AFMr pricing.... and how the can make these determinations.

I am a dealer, and I guess I was very happy with how competitive the pricing was.....even though I have not yet seen it. That doesn't make sense does it.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Not just picking on you, just trying to figure out how all of these people know AFMr pricing.... and how the can make these determinations.
I am a dealer, and I guess I was very happy with how competitive the pricing was.....even though I have not yet seen it. That doesn't make sense does it.

They are talking about the Alien pin (not AFM) and the great value it offers.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

They are talking about the Alien pin (not AFM) and the great value it offers.

Fair enough, I am simply saying we don't yet know the best bang for the buck. Once pricing is available then we know what's worth it and not. What if they come in $1000 less than everyone was thinking? I truly don't know, but certainly anxious.

#217 7 years ago

Supposedly the AFMr prices leaked out and start at $6500. That sounds pretty tempting to me. I see no comparison with Alien, though. Both are pins that are fun I guess. I have never seen Alien but do know I have never had a bad time playing AFM. I also know that Alien price shoots up when you get the stuff you pretty much need like cool lighting and large display. I cancdo without the extras like topper and lighted speakers on AFM. Either way, everyone seems to have fun pins in the lineup this year. Wish I could go to TPF to check them all out.

#218 7 years ago

Alien is a widebody and allows you to swap new titles, including art, in to the game in 5 minutes. You get the original game and whatever extras, 27" screen etc. for "normal" pinball prices, but the you already have that stuff for your future play fields which cost $4300. Completely different game, best value out there. I have a Full Throttle so I'll be getting Alien for $4300.

A new Afm at 6k would be a huge seller though.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Supposedly the AFMr prices leaked out and start at $6500. That sounds pretty tempting to me. I see no comparison with Alien, though. Both are pins that are fun I guess. I have never seen Alien but do know I have never had a bad time playing AFM. I also know that Alien price shoots up when you get the stuff you pretty much need like cool lighting and large display. I cancdo without the extras like topper and lighted speakers on AFM. Either way, everyone seems to have fun pins in the lineup this year. Wish I could go to TPF to check them all out.

Really, just $6,500? I would have thought the AFM pricing would be in line with the Medieval Madness remake (which was circa $8K)?

#220 7 years ago

~$5k- $5500 for the standard including (smaller) color dmd would be decent. $6k- $6500 for standard then having to pay for color...I'd be out.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Meh....I would MUCH rather have an Alien (and cash left over) than this remake being made by a company with a horrendous reputation. Even if this was being made by a great company I would still much rather have something new and exciting with way more features and a lower cost. Call me crazy.

I'm with you. With afm being my grail pin of that era I still refuse to pay what their going for. What you get does not equate to the cost. If mr heighway can make a profit on his (everything including the kitchen sink pin) @ $6450 then this pin should be priced waaaaaayyyy less. Only chance I'm on board......
$4995
$5995
$6995
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I'm right. If not I have no interest.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

You're right....I was "assuming" a little bit. But even if it is $6500 base I'd personally rather go for Alien that provides so much more (IMHO). And if the base model comes out at $6000-$6500 then they will sell a TON of them. It would be great for pinball.

#223 7 years ago

The good news is there are three models and the LE is "limited" to 1000 machines which is more than enough to avoid the fear of not getting one if you don't get in early. I ordered a LE Alien a few weeks ago. Now I plan to see how AFM progresses from prototype to production machines. There's plenty of time to sit on the sidelines and watch the early drama as it occurs. I think it's a exciting time for pinball as a whole. There are Lots of announcements coming in the next few weeks that will definitely keep pinside activity up for quite a long while!

#224 7 years ago

In my opinion to buy an AFMR, if you have the money and like the game (best after MB for me), is a no-brainer. Because I want to enjoy it the next 20+ years I would never buy an original one.

#225 7 years ago

I know they haven't posted prices, but a LE at $15,000 ? The highest price I've paid for a game was a original CC at 10k, it was the last piece to my collection. I'm going with spooky, Domino's, Jetsons,
We as collectors are taking it up the Ass !, No.More
I have money but not to throw away.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I know they haven't posted prices, but a LE at $15,000 ?

No where near that for AFMR.

LTG : )

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

In my opinion to buy an AFMR, if you have the money and like the game (best after MB for me), is a no-brainer. Because I want to enjoy it the next 20+ years I would never buy an original one.

Nothing wrong with getting a remake but your line of reasoning makes no sense. My original still looks and plays like new after 15 years and all aspects of it are easily fixable and well-known. Who knows how robust or easily fixable these new boards are?

Probably fine but I expect my machine to outlast me... we have no data on these new ones.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Nothing wrong with getting a remake but your line of reasoning makes no sense. My original still looks and plays like new after 15 years and all aspects of it are easily fixable and well-known. Who knows how robust or easily fixable these new boards are?
Probably fine but I expect my machine to outlast me... we have no data on these new ones.

Well we're a few years in on MMR. Have there been any board problem reports? Mine has been fine. Sounds like location ones are doing fine.

#229 7 years ago

Mine are fine.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well we're a few years in on MMR. Have there been any board problem reports? Mine has been fine. Sounds like location ones are doing fine.

Well get back to me in 15 to 20 years then

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hopefully that continues. My question would be how hard/easy will these be to fix vs the original? Especially if you run into board issues. Do you just replace the whole board? I expect them to hold up better than the originals....just wondering what you're looking at when issues eventually appear.

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hopefully that continues. My question would be how hard/easy will these be to fix vs the original? Especially if you run into board issues. Do you just replace the whole board? I expect them to hold up better than the originals....just wondering what you're looking at when issues eventually appear.

Everything is repairable. All I know is that almost every B/W game I've ever owned has had burnt connectors, battery damage, and other issues ...I know these games won't have those issues, at least!

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's all standard parts and the board guys can do SMD soldering if needed. There's not much to go wrong on the big boards, and the driver boards have thru-hole transistors, so, I'm not too concerned.

#234 7 years ago

If it's like the automotive industry ,Nothing gets repaired these days, just replace it

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

If it's like the automotive industry ,Nothing gets repaired these days, just replace it

Dealer wanted to replace my entire heater control assembly because the dash controls didn't work. I took it apart and soldered in new wired connections, done.

Cargument alert!!

#236 7 years ago

Anyone want to venture to guess how long it will take for the 1st machines to start shipping?

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

My offer for Aprons is still on the table.

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Here you go....some data
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-the-entire-life-of-a-medieval-madness-remake

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Anyone want to venture to guess how long it will take for the 1st machines to start shipping?

Next tues.

#240 7 years ago

Yeah I saw that PF after what, a year? Holy crap

So I guess we can indeed learn SOME things with a year or two of "data".

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'm out.
Will never buy a remake again.

DeeGor,
Just wondering (and not wanting to provide fodder for inflammatory discussion), I am curious to know why no remakes...

#242 7 years ago

I CANT WAIT!!!!!! SE OR LE DEPENDING ON PRICE!!!!!!!

#243 7 years ago

few differences the warranty period is alot longer on the le. I know with all my other NIB's the warranty saved me a lot of money so. might not be bad to think about.

le vs se vs ce (resized).pngle vs se vs ce (resized).png

#244 7 years ago

Who would be our distributors in Michigan, or closest in neighboring states?

#245 7 years ago

I'm in. I just wish you could get the Special Edition with a regular sized display. I am not a fan of the oversized display. If I'm going to get a remake, I want it to look like the original.

#246 7 years ago

02e (resized).jpg02e (resized).jpg

#247 7 years ago

Really thinking about getting a AFMr but I already have a really clean RFM. Anyone else own both? I feel like you just own one or the other, otherwise they compete with each other?

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Really thinking about getting a AFMr but I already have a really clean RFM. Anyone else own both? I feel like you just own one or the other, otherwise they compete with each other?

Dump RFM and get an AFM.....thank me later.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

If I'm going to get a remake, I want it to look like the original.

Uhhh.....there's a version for that.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Dump RFM and get an AFM.....thank me later.

Cant, RFM Is a keeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remakewho-is-in/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.