IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_1720 (resized).JPG
Dots2 (resized).jpg
Dots (resized).jpg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#152 7 years ago

What model?

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Slightly off topic but is MMr still in production? Will CGC be producing more of the standards now they have their own production line, as well as running AFMr?

From what I heard it is still being produced at this time but will cease production soon.

#154 7 years ago

LOL at people who need to crap in all three new AFMR threads. Can't wait for the pinside purge!

#155 7 years ago

I'm out, but only because I have a restored original. If the price point is good, they're going to sell a lot of these. AFM is a fantastic game, and the opportunity to own a spotless one is going to be too attractive for this game to bomb.

For those getting one, enjoy it. AFM is as close to perfect as you can get in pinball.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

For those getting one, enjoy it. AFM is as close to perfect as you can get in pinball.

Undeniably the best pinball ever produced. Don't listen to the haters.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

LOL at people who need to crap in all three new AFMR threads. Can't wait for the pinside purge!

This one has a poll!

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Undeniably the best pinball ever produced. Don't listen to the haters.

One of the best!!

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bad estimating.
Please wait for the official announcement.
LTG : )

I'm not sure I get the big secret on pricing? At least stern has the balls (no pun intended) to give us the prices straight up.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm not sure I get the big secret on pricing? At least stern has the balls (no pun intended) to give us the prices straight up.

Maybe we are setting the price as we try to assume.. $5999 shaker+color DMD
Dreaming again..

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Doug from CGC explained in one of these threads that pricing will be revealed on March 24

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Doug from CGC explained in one of these threads that pricing will be revealed on March 24

Thanks found it!!

Let me try to address a few common questions.
Regarding the delay in announcing pricing on AFM, we want to afford all of our dealers the opportunity to start selling AFM at the same time. The art assets for dealer websites are being distributed early next week which should provide enough time for dealers to complete webpages before the start of TPF. We had somewhat wrongly assumed that dealers would be unable to take orders without pricing. ALL DEALERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM TAKING DEPOSITS BEFORE PRICING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.
Pricing and product details will be released at 5pm CST on March 24th. I believe most people will be pleasantly surprised.
Regarding the XL Display,
1) It is in fact exactly the same aspect ratio as the original display.
2) Diagonally, it measures roughly 19” which provides almost twice the viewable area.
3) As for MMR, Athyrio Games was contracted to created all new artwork at 4x the resolution of the original. They did an amazing job.
4) The huge display with the Athyrio graphics is really striking. I’m looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback at TPF.
5) If you don’t like the RGB illuminated speakers, there is an operator setting the allows you to turn the LEDs off.
Chicago Gaming will be assembling the games. In the seventeen years I have been with CGC, Churchill and CGC have assembled over 50,000 arcade games. In addition to our own proprietary products we have done full arcade game assembly for Konomi, Sega, Namco, Global VR and Raw Thrills. Recognizing the unique challenges of pinball assembly, we have spent the last four months setting up our line, designing production fixtures and staffing up with a core of employees with extensive pinball experience.
I don’t think a game can be accurately assessed from a handful of cellphone photos. Please come to Texas Pinball Festival and see for yourself. Even if you don’t come to see AFM, TPF is always a blast! Plus, I’ll buy you a beer if you tell me you like the green trim (you have to seem sincere). I hope to see you in Texas!
--Doug Duba

AFM LE (resized).jpg

AFM-CE (resized).jpg

AFM-SE (resized).jpg

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

And up and up and up again.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pricing and product details will be released at 5pm CST on March 24th. I believe most people will be pleasantly surprised.

The color animations on this larger screen are amazing, the game play is smooth and flawless.

I hope to get the larger DMD for my MM to match if they re-do the graphics.

The new sound with sub-woofer is great, lots of control.

What about headphone jack support in the front?

Definitely get the Cliffy for the stroke of luck, just like the earlier version.

Im in 100% !

Maybe we can get black or dark red (Mars is the red planet...) powder coating if we ask as a group?

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The color animations on this larger screen are amazing, the game play is smooth and flawless.
I hope to get the larger DMD for my MM to match if they re-do the graphics.
The new sound with sub-woofer is great, lots of control.
What about headphone jack support in the front?
Definitely get the Cliffy for the stroke of luck, just like the earlier version.
Im in 100% !
Maybe we can get black or dark red (Mars is the red planet...) powder coating if we ask as a group?

I like the sound of "Mars Red"!!
Maybe a "Hammered Mars Red".

#166 7 years ago

I thought this would have looked better than this?

IMG_9375.PNGIMG_9375.PNG

#167 7 years ago

Pic of some boards...FB_IMG_1489692165745 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1489692165745 (resized).jpg

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I thought this would have looked better than this?

Meh....I would MUCH rather have an Alien (and cash left over) than this remake being made by a company with a horrendous reputation. Even if this was being made by a great company I would still much rather have something new and exciting with way more features and a lower cost. Call me crazy.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pic of some boards...

What is the deal with the translight box?

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I would still much rather have something new and exciting with way more features and a lower cost.

CGC hasnt released the price yet..

But that said, I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised, as stated by CGC in the last few hours.

They also have plans to do some other colors or chrome on the armor, if people are interested .

I really want the black, but a good dark red with glowing red speaker LED's could change my mind.
I just dont like the "Circus" colors.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Same as the original. Albeit with less lights...which is fine as most people remove some to dim it and balance it out. I do anyways.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

All WPC'95 games have it to hold the lights instead of having a 'swing-out' light board like the earlier WPC games.

#173 7 years ago

I'm not sure how anyone can say they're in or out at this point. I'm in at $6k, out anywhere above that.

#174 7 years ago

I would tend to agree with you, but my price point is 6,500. I would rather by the newer technology at a similar price as an original. I can buy a pretty nice original for that kind of money.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm in at $6k, out anywhere above that.

I think your in the ball park for the classic model maybe.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If PPS wants to string everyone along

Except neither they or CGC announced this.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm not sure I get the big secret on pricing?

No secret. When PPS/CGC make their announcement, you'll know it.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Except neither they or CGC announced this.

Its like a bunch of kids waiting 8 days for Christmas, and its killing them

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Williams used it on pins from AFM to Cactus Canyon.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pic of some boards...

Would it be possible to get a picture of the display removed from the game?

Trying to understand how it is mounted.

And curious as I imagine others are, could this display be retrofitted to a MMr?

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pic of some boards...

Looks like they are going to a new board architecture than that used on MMr. That is kind of a big deal, wondering why no mention of that? Is the Beaglebone platform one and done?

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Looks like they are going to a new board architecture than that used on MMr. That is kind of a big deal, wondering why no mention of that? Is the Beaglebone platform one and done?

No, I think it's still there on the left? The right board drives IO and is in the bottom of the main cab in MMr. Same setup, but different location for that board.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

And curious as I imagine others are, could this display be retrofitted to a MMr?

Big DMD panels have been out for awhile with only the big dots:
http://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/gd.htm

But in this case at PPS, it looks like you can have either big dots or small or even mix them with a little programming. The display in color for the AFMr looks great in person.

So the panel will most likely be a drop in replacement for most williams/bally games.
Im curious how it would look also.

Color as always is another issue, but Color-DMD has sorted this out quite nicely in their product lines.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All WPC'95 games have it to hold the lights instead of having a 'swing-out' light board like the earlier WPC games.

Thanks , I never went inside a medieval madness remake before .

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks , I never went inside a medieval madness remake before .

It's not just MMr, they're copying the original design of WPC'95 games. Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Scared Stiff, etc....all of those original games have these "light tubs" attached to the backglass.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not just MMr, they're copying the original design of WPC'95 games. Monster Bash, No Good Gofers, Scared Stiff, etc....all of those original games have these "light tubs" attached to the backglass.

Thanks , looks like a pain with the wires and all..

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

That is kind of a big deal, wondering why no mention of that? Is the Beaglebone platform one and done?

Beaglebone is still there, on the left. CGC went to a single driver board in the head instead of the three identical driver boards attached to the huge board under the playfield. For easier service, if needed.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks , looks like a pain with the wires and all..

It is, but you can unplug it and get it out of your way unlike the swing out wooden board.
So, I kind of prefer it now.

#189 7 years ago

CGC hasnt released the price yet..
But that said, I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised, as stated by CGC in the last few hours.
They also have plans to do some other colors or chrome on the armor, if people are interested .
I really want the black, but a good dark red with glowing red speaker LED's could change my mind.
I just dont like the "Circus" colors.

Even at $6500 I'd rather have an Alien....but that's me. The added bonus would be that Andrew and Highway would profit and not Rick/PPS.

#190 7 years ago

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere for people *not* interested in buying an AFMr...

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere for people *not* interested in buying an AFMr...

To be fair, this thread has a yes/no/maybe poll

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The added bonus would be that Andrew and Highway would profit and not Rick/PPS.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

To be fair, this thread has a yes/no/maybe poll

So if you (not you personally) don't want one click "no" and continue on with your life... posting multiple times about what you'd (again, not you) rather have is pointless... and boring...

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

So if you (not you personally) don't want one click "no" and continue on with your life... posting multiple times about what you'd (again, not you) rather have is pointless... and boring...

Is it? Is it really? Maybe (just maybe) someone hops into this thread not knowing about other options (unlikely....but possible). Maybe someone knows they like AFM....but if they knew more about other (new) games they might do some additional research and change their mind.......maybe. Maybe some don't know much about PPS and their history or owner.....maybe they should find out. Then again they probably don't give a shit and only care about what they want. Either way it's just pinball.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Even at $6500 I'd rather have an Alien....but that's me. The added bonus would be that Andrew and Highway would profit and not Rick/PPS.

A standerd Alien with a few must have option adds up to 8K fast!! At least the machine I would build would.. Alien LE 8.2k

#196 7 years ago

It is, but you can unplug it and get it out of your way unlike the swing out wooden board.
So, I kind of prefer it now.

That makes the difference. Still seems odd but we will get over it!!

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

That makes the difference. Still seems odd but we will get over it!!

Shrug, it's not odd. That's how those games are and always have been.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Either way it's just pinball.

Right on!! Though, to be fair, there are 2 or 3 dudes just burning up their mouse clicking between every AFMr related thread to rag any and every way possible(literally ALL DAY!!). I think people get it at this point and it's becoming white noise and sometimes total bullshit. Apparently some people got rubbed the wrong way...even though they never bought anything from pps! Rick was a troll to people that were trolling him--that's a big % of the issue, probably less % than people with actual product problems. But, like you said, it's just pinball!

Heighway games ARE a screaming deal compared to almost every other NIB especially when you can put endless titles in the same cab for $4k.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Is it? Is it really? Maybe (just maybe) someone hops into this thread not knowing about other options (unlikely....but possible). Maybe someone knows they like AFM....but if they knew more about other (new) games they might do some additional research and change their mind.......maybe. Maybe some don't know much about PPS and their history or owner.....maybe they should find out. Then again they probably don't give a shit and only care about what they want. Either way it's just pinball.

Maybe there's some people who fall into all of the "maybes" here... maybe.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

A standerd Alien with a few must have option adds up to 8K fast!! At least the machine I would build would.. Alien LE 8.2k

Yes it can add up quick....still a better "bang for your buck" IMHO.

You can also get one for $6450 ($6800 shipped to your door).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remakewho-is-in/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.