image_(resized).jpg
4065_20010_4284_(resized).jpg
image-10_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
lucky-1_(resized).jpg
finger-1_(resized).jpg
captain_obvious_(resized).jpg
20050808-010e_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I would pay this price as well, but I think it will be the same price as MMR or pretty close to it.

I agree. Probably 8k, If and when they get to it. Are all the MMr's even done yet? Last I knew still a lot of those to go before I would think they even consider AFM. I think Restored AFM's are closer to 8k anyway, 6500-7k would be a good players I would think.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#167 8 years ago

I don't think there are 10 titles that would support an 8k price tag. CC, BBB, Kingpin, maybe... CV is still below 8k, SS, etc. You may want a MB remake , but that has a license issue and you'd need Universal to sign off on it. AFM is really on the borderline... before MMr, AFM's were more expensive. The price did drop in anticipation that they were gonna be spiting out remakes a few times a year. I'm actually surprised that AFM hasn't rebounded up a bit since we've seen what the reality has been. For those who got a MMr and are happy, I'm glad for ya, but I've played MMr and own an Original, and I have to say I prefer the original. MMr feels more like the lighter cheaper new stern cabinets. These cabinets aren't bad for a game that only every came in them, like Star trek. I love the new stern Star Trek, but I like the feel of the old Williams cabinet for MM. The Slings on the remake make a more "clicky" sound, than the sound of the original. I really don't like the lighting on the remake, or the Display. It just feels cheap to me. Now, for someone who never had an original, or got a lot of time on one, they may not notice, and feel happy with the remake, but not me. I also own an original AFM. It has some playfield wear, but plays great, and I wouldn't trade it for a NIB AFMr ever given what I've seen with MMr.

2 weeks later
#274 8 years ago

I won't argue AFM would be something people want repro'd, I still don't see it fitting the pricing model. I don't see them lowering the pricing on remakes. AFMr would have to be 6k or less to make it a comparable option with an original. If I were them, I'd be doing Cactus Canyon next. Originals are over 10k. Come out with an 8k remake and boom, people are buying. Same goes for BBB, or King Pin, maybe MB if they can get the universal licensing done. Remaking anything where originals are under 8k just doesn't make sense to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 21.50
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake?tu=grr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.