image_(resized).jpg
4065_20010_4284_(resized).jpg
image-10_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
lucky-1_(resized).jpg
finger-1_(resized).jpg
captain_obvious_(resized).jpg
20050808-010e_(resized).jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#300 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Once you've Ruled The Universe, you tend to view the pin differently.
» YouTube video

Going from 100 pts on old EM to 5 billion. Crazy!

#301 8 years ago

Yesterday at the Sieverville TN auction a fairly nice attack from Mars with no fade, color DMD LEDs and little wear on the PF went for over 8K it wasn't like NIB but fairly nice so AFM seems to have a market at $8k especially if they include the color software at lunch

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Yesterday at the Sieverville TN auction a fairly nice attack from Mars with no fade, color DMD LEDs and little wear on the PF went for over 8K it wasn't like NIB but fairly nice so AFM seems to have a market at $8k especially if they include the color software at lunch

An original does.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Absolutely not. As an owner the craftsmanship is top notch. Everyone has opinions on the inserts but having a MMR the issue is the original design using no white under combined with the super clear inserts on MMR and super bright LED.

Irrelevant. I shoved the brightest 555 you can buy under my original and there was no light bleed. The brightness of the lamp is not a factor on the originals.

Make all the excuses you want, but those transparent MM playfields are junk.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Irrelevant. I shoved the brightest 555 you can buy under my original and there was no light bleed. The brightness of the lamp is not a factor on the originals.

Did not say it was just the brightness but a combination of frosting/facet and LED. Like I said my castles are super dark black so the transparent is not the sole issue.

Do you own a MMR? If not you should not comment on something you have no clue about. And yes probably feels good to bash MMR since you own a MM.

#305 8 years ago

This is my AFM. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My AFM is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my AFM is useless. Without my AFM, I am useless. I must fire my AFM true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me.

Build all the AFMRs you can. More Martian killing those who want it.

Mine won't be leaving in the foreseeable future so I don't care about value. And my AFM can beat up your AFM or any remake :p

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Do you own a MMR? If not you should not comment on something you have no clue about. And yes probably feels good to bash MMR since you own a MM.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Quoted the wrong post, never mind.

7 months later
#309 7 years ago

So did this get announced at Expo or did they announce another title? Trying to get caught up, but didn't see a current thread about it.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

So did this get announced at Expo or did they announce another title? Trying to get caught up, but didn't see a current thread about it.

No announcement from PPS.

#311 7 years ago

The announcement was postponed.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The announcement was postponed.

Let's hope they aren't rethinking the price point.

#313 7 years ago

8 AFMs came up FS in 32 days...literally 1 every 4 days...

There's obviously a lot of speculation going on here...!

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Let's hope they aren't rethinking the price point.

A rumor posted on another thread suggested they were rethinking who was going to do the contract manufacturing.

Quoted from Deep_Throat:

PPS/CGC and Stern are having issues and Stern is not willing to continue the remake manufacturing. There were many factors that contributed to this but with Stern having their own issues as well they decided it was time for PPS/CGC to find there own facility. There will be a long delay as PPS/CGC are still in talks with Stern to continue with remake # 2 which is AFM. PPS/CGC will have to figure out who will build the next and all future remakes. It will be a long process but you will probably not hear it from anyone at Stern or PPS/CGC. They agreed to keep it quiet so they can make the AFMR announcment hopefully before the end of this year and start taking preorders and they do not want this news to hurt the pre ordering process. Be prepared for a long wait. And be prepared for a denial regarding this news. This comes from a source close to Stern.

It was subsequently denied by Rick...

Quoted from PPS:

Totally not true, so your 'inside information' is not ... Stern is available to do whatever runs of whatever games make sense ... trust me, PPS have a great relationship with the principals of Stern and there is none of that going on ... jeesh everyone thinks they know what is going on ...
rick

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

8 AFMs came up FS in 32 days...literally 1 every 4 days...
There's obviously a lot of speculation going on here...!

For sure! My AFM is bolted to the floor!

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

For sure! My AFM is bolted to the floor!

I'm with you for sure. I'll burn mine to 4 crsipy twisted chrome legs before I sell it.

I guess I shouldn't say I would NOT sell it, but the price is going to the "Someone's wallet will remember my name for the rest of its life" price.

#317 7 years ago

i was wondering about that reveal...
Too much going on at expo this year.. whatever remake they would reveal would get walked by quickly.

so, unless they make their own assembly facility, or contract a non pinball machine assembler, there are only 3 options: Stern, JJP, Spooky.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

With AFMR being the next CGC/PPS title and due to be announced early this year, what price would be be willing to pay for it?
I heard it will be around $6500-$7000. If they can sell it for that then that's about on par in my part of the world for a restored AFM.

Early this year, huh?

#319 7 years ago

If it shares the same boards with stern, likely the new spike system will allow an LCD , rather than DMD.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

If it shares the same boards with stern, likely the new spike system will allow an LCD , rather than DMD.

It wont use stern boards bc well its not a stern....

#321 7 years ago

Has it be confirmed that Stern will continue to manufacture/assemble remakes for CGC/PPS?

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Has it be confirmed that Stern will continue to manufacture/assemble remakes for CGC/PPS?

Nope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake/page/7?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.