image_(resized).jpg
4065_20010_4284_(resized).jpg
image-10_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
lucky-1_(resized).jpg
finger-1_(resized).jpg
captain_obvious_(resized).jpg
20050808-010e_(resized).jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you should bring it inside then restore it.

Wise ass. I work in my unheated garage.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

proof of poor design?
ummmm.... Anyone can tell you that mounting boards with regularly used coils firing directly through the holes cut in the boards is a bad design. Exposed boards is a bad design. There is a reason we dont see this in games over the past 30 years

It's not a bad design. It's exactly what Stern has gone to. It's what Williams would have gone to if they were still around.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wise ass. I work in my unheated garage.

Do what I do - if your garage is attached to the house - turn up the furnace and open the garage door!

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's not a bad design. It's exactly what Stern has gone to. It's what Williams would have gone to if they were still around.

I dont know of ANY Sterns with coils actually firing in the middle of game specific boards. Examples please.

From what we have seen with spike, there are multiple non game specific boards set to the side and in regions of the pf. No mechs going through these, nothing game specific about them, and they are readily interchangeable with a few dip switch changes if you have one of the handful of correct node boards.

From what I can see these are not even remotely similar designs.

Stern has attempted to do something to make it easier to replace a board and made sure the nodes are small enough that they dont have mechs pounding them about.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you should bring it inside then restore it.

The game or his butt?

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Do what I do - if your garage is attached to the house - turn up the furnace and open the garage door!

Detached garage.

Quoted from Crash:

The game or his butt?

Wow. You think a guy is your friend...

#207 8 years ago

Bbb = 8k
Kingpin = 8k
MB = 8k

AFM= 7k
TAF = 6k

CC= no idea based on no CCC

So what are the other 2-3 titles planned?

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I didn't know TAF was planned, or possible. The Raul Julia estate is the problem.

LTG : )™

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Bbb = 8k
Kingpin = 8k
MB = 8k
AFM= 7k
TAF = 6k
CC= no idea based on no CCC

Isnt TAF the most produced pin of all time? Why would they have to do a remake?

#210 8 years ago

^licensing

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Isnt TAF the most produced pin of all time?

Ballyhoo killed it.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Detached garage.

Don't be a cheap ass like me...

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't know TAF was planned, or possible. The Raul Julia estate is the problem.

It isn't but they have told people it is on the list of possible remakes just to try and have an impact on any secondary market.

#214 8 years ago

If these remakes happen below, I'll be expanding my game room...

AFM: $6000 to $6500
Fathom, Centaur and EBD: $4500 to $5000

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's possible.

It's in The Pinball Arcade.

Farsight said "We've agreed upon terms with all of the major licenses and clearances we need to FINALLY do a Kickstarter to recreate the highly anticipated ADDAMS FAMILY™ pinball table!!! "

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Don't be a cheap ass like me...
newjersey.craigslist.org link

Um...not good to have big temperature fluctuations when you're doing a restoration. Sure...that'll keep me toasty when I'm working, but at some point, you have to turn it off and go back into the house. And knowing me, I'll end up lighting shit on fire with that thing. God hates me, you know.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's possible.
Farsight said "We've agreed upon terms with all of the major licenses and clearances we need to FINALLY do a Kickstarter to recreate the highly anticipated ADDAMS FAMILY™ pinball table!!! "

and CPR is doing a PF...

Marc

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It isn't but they have told people it is on the list of possible remakes just to try and have an impact on any secondary market.

Why would PPS care to have a negative effect on the secondary market? If originals lower in value it makes spending big $$$ on remakes less compelling for potential buyers. Expensive used games is the reason remakes can exist.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Um...not good to have big temperature fluctuations when you're doing a restoration. Sure...that'll keep me toasty when I'm working, but at some point, you have to turn it off and go back into the house. And knowing me, I'll end up lighting shit on fire with that thing. God hates me, you know.

I hear your car is more efficient than your furnace. Have you tried leaving the car running while you are working?

Unless you [quite possibly] have a sissy electric car, no fun there.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would PPS care to have a negative effect on the secondary market? If originals lower in value it makes spending big $$$ on remakes less compelling for potential buyers. Expensive used games is the reason remakes can exist.

PPS wins in both cases. Demand for new games and parts for both.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I hear your car is more efficient than your furnace. Have you tried leaving the car running while you are working?

Carbon

Monoxide

Kills

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Carbon
Monoxide
Kills

That
Was
The
Point

(Thought you knew he likes being teased, BBoob is slow but he would have gotten it)

#223 8 years ago

L
M
A
O
!

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Also Pugsley is also causing problems, not sure why though. He literally does nothing in the hollywood world and is just causing problems.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You're a dick.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Carbon
Monoxide
Kills

Thanks for getting my back.

Quoted from Taxman:

That
Was
The
Point
(Thought you knew he likes being teased, BBoob is slow but he would have gotten it)

You're a dick.

You're a dick, too.

#226 8 years ago

Sorry man. Its a 4 part post but I can give you only one thumbs up

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I used to get annoyed by those who loathe Pinside and leave...I'm getting there. The troll/liar factor is getting a bit out of control.

Don't forget about the drama queens

#228 8 years ago

AFMr won't be less than $7k. At that price I'll seriously consider it. Everyone keeps saying how many are out there but I keep looking on here and mr. Pinball classifieds and there aren't that many and the decent ones are way more than $7k.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

AFMr won't be less than $7k. At that price I'll seriously consider it. Everyone keeps saying how many are out there but I keep looking on here and mr. Pinball classifieds and there aren't that many and the decent ones are way more than $7k.

There aren't that many "for sale." They are out there, just as keepers.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

At $7k, the release will be miserable. I obviously don't know the following statement 100% for sure, but I'd be willing to bet there are not a lot of us out there ready to be $7000 for a game that has no where NEAR that much into it.

$5000 - $5500 - you'll have MANY of us ready to vote with our wallets open and our attention fixed.

$6500+: I will pass and not think twice about it.

#231 8 years ago

They will sell as many AFMRs as they can produce. I think that people are forgetting that if every single original AFM were to suddenly go on sale, they would all change hands. There is demand and folks who own it already aren't selling them easily. They come up for sale, but not often.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

At $7k, the release will be miserable. I obviously don't know the following statement 100% for sure, but I'd be willing to bet there are not a lot of us out there ready to be $7000 for a game that has no where NEAR that much into it.

I sold my AFM this Friday just three days after listing it for the full asking price which was $6900. There was a line of 3 people after the buyer that wanted a chance at it. Seems like there is plenty demand for it to me. Of course I know just because this was the case with me does not mean it is the standard just sharing my experience.

I would be shocked if an AFMR was sold for under $7500 but the cheaper for us the better so I hope I'm wrong. AFM is without question one of the greats IMO. It may not have a ton mechanisms all over but it has a great layout combined with art/design that gives it so much character which makes it enjoyable to play.

#233 8 years ago

No doubt there would be demand even at a premium price. There are only a few pins I would pay a premium for and AFM is one of them. Still, I have my limits so I hope they don't get greedy.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I hope they don't get greedy.

Good luck on that.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

God hates me, you know.

Everyone hates on you brother - so why would God be any different?

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Everyone hates on you brother - so why would God be any different?

Because I was an altar boy for three years.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Exactly why he hates you!

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Spotlight?

#239 8 years ago

My jaw is still sore.

1 week later
#240 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

God hates me, you know.

god hates no one, he simply thinks you're a douchebag...

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

god hates no one, he simply thinks you're a douchebag...

Tell him to take a number and get in line.

#242 8 years ago

The Super Bowl will mark exactly a year since I picked up my Attack From Mars.

Keep waiting, chumps. You know how many people have died since then?!

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

on it. we have a 4:30...

#244 8 years ago

Exactly CrazyLevi, I have had mine for 2 years and heard the whole time of a re-make. I have more games on this machine than all the other 53 games i have owned. This is a one more game machine for sure.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Isn't the whole point of taking a number that you don't have to wait in line??

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's possible.

Christopher Lloyd didn't agree to his likeness either. The Uncle Fester looks different on TPA as a result.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Isn't the whole point of taking a number that you don't have to wait in line??

I guess you've never been to a bakery on Christmas Eve. It's a virtual line, and it usually goes out the door. But you knew that, troll.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I guess you've never been to a bakery on Christmas Eve. It's a virtual line, and it usually goes out the door. But you knew that, troll.

LMAO. Just cranky because the devils pulled ahead

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Exactly CrazyLevi, I have had mine for 2 years and heard the whole time of a re-make. I have more games on this machine than all the other 53 games i have owned. This is a one more game machine for sure.

I think I am going on 10 years and paid under $3K. I win.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I think I am going on 10 years and paid under $3K. I win.

Had you invested that $3000 ten years ago today in Apple stock it would be worth $28,234.27 today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,500 (OBO)
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.