(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #394 Photo of boards in backbox Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #942 Video of AFMr LE gameplay from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #950 More gameplay video of AFMr from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #983 Video of the AFMr LE Topper in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #1157 Statement on pricing rules for AFMr from a dealer Posted by hassellcastle (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago

this entire announcement is useless without prices and unless the standard is 6500 or less then it is silly IMO.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Source of picture? Is this on a remake?

yes, that is on a brand new remake. From the industry show in TX today.

Pic from RD

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might want to call a distributor. It's not 2014 anymore. Pros are $5200 shipped now.

you may want to call a different distributor. the MOST I have been quoted for delivered is $5100.

A few have been under that.

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

At $6500 even my tight, broke ass might buy one. Would have to let go of a few low dollar games but would be worth it.

you still have my number?

Ill be in Pittsburgh in July and currently room to bring home 1 (maybe 2) more.

just sayin...

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

At $6500 even my tight, broke ass might buy one. Would have to let go of a few low dollar games but would be worth it.

I'm on the other side of PA.

Easy drive over when i am down there already.

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

pricing is communicated to everyone at 2pm Friday (not 12pm) CST

I just heard 5500 plus shipping for the standard?

Great choice if so!!!! Competing in the Stern Pro market is the way to go! You will sell 3000 of them at that price is my bet!

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I think Stern may have pissed CGC off a little, I'm in at that price point

may be the case.

I mean lets be honest. If Stern can pump out new games at 5100 delivered... seems like someone like CGC can pump out a remake at 5500 plus shipping.

They of course have the advantage of saving on all the cabinet costs since no mark up for your own product. They also have all the assembly line knowledge. They also have some of the development issues worked out from MMr stuff.

Only seems logical to hit at that 5500 price point. Also seems like the way to really take market share and establish yourself as a player.

This of course also hedges on the ability to produce games in a reasonable time frame.

#851 7 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

CGC official pricing is as follows:
AFM – Classic Edition $6,499 + freight
AFM – Special Edition $7,299 + freight
AFM – Limited Edition $7,999 + freight
Games will start shipping in May 2017

SE and LE are where I thought. Too bad the classic is not the 5500 I had been told.

Glad we grabbed a nice decked out original for way less.

#886 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

a brand new afm for 6500 but after shipping (300- 400?) and the color upgrade ((which is a must imo) im guessing that will be 400 again? Nib afm to your door for 7300-7500 is not bad at all for such a great game.

I would rather get a loaded Aliens for less.

Sorry, but new technology, better shooter, better code, deeper and more challenging ruleset, more mechs and cool feature, WAY better theme, art package, sound package, etc... I could go on and on, but in short for that scratch Ill support the new company that is pushing pinball into the future rather than over charging to look backwards.

AFMr is 1000 over priced and no reason it should not be selling in a competitive market with a Stern Pro.

Heck, Ill take Aerosmith Pro over a AFMRclassic give the cost savings

* I already own AFM, Aliens, and Aerosmith so yes I have the perspective on this.

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like with shipping and the mods u mentioned it puts alien over 8k ? I just went to the page and added it up?

you should reach out and get a real price form Heighway or Cointaker if you want to compare apples.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You have the required upgraded CPU and new cab for EL lit blades?

new CPU is being worked out by Heighway (I am guessing at cost or under). EL lit blades are an add-on and by no means a requirement for game play.
I actually already looked into routing out my fullT cab if desired and it will be easy due to the way it is constrcuted.
I am pretty sure Andrew is also coming up with some sort of option that will likely satisfy the majority of FullT owners.

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So website isnt correct?

contact either a distributor or direct to ask for eact prices for exact model and options you want.
*I think Andrew is at TPF so if you are going, just talk to him directly. He is a super nice guy.

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

So it isn't $4300.

I dont beleive they have published an exact price but could actually be cheaper...

Do you have a FullT you are looking for a kit to? If so, reach out to Heighway and just ask for your specific price. It really is that simple.

I am guessing you will have to wait for specific numbers. I know last I asked, they did not have everything worked out just yet (I think they are finalizing the CPU conversion plans and the shipping/storage box plans for the kit???)

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bingo. Hilton got his Alien so he's all gung-ho...but his is essentially a "sample model". Alien isn't a mainstream purchase choice yet. Heighway hasn't shown they can ship in large numbers yet...so as a "what can I buy now" choice for a customer, they're out of the running.

didn't it take over 2 years for people to get MMrs?

Quoted from FalconPunch:

You can easily argue a lot of things but I struggle to see how you can argue that alien is a better shooter than afm! And no, posting a picture of all the available shots doesn't mean it's a good shooter.
I could do the same thing for the hobbit and have 15 more shots mapped out but I am the first to admit that the worst attribute of the hobbit is the way it shoots. Probably the same with Alien.

well... I own and play both on a weekly basis. AFM cant even come close to the flow and great geometry of Aliens. I know you are just basing things on watching some videos this far, but go get some games on Aliens and check it out for yourself.

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I was at expo and put 10+ games into it.

very different game now, as you can see form the videos. I played it at expo also.

Quoted from dzoomer:

Dude, didn't you totally vouch for Predator over and over as well? Now, you've hitched your cart to the Alien horse. Please step back, at least for Andrew's sake.

Dude, do you always try to continually pigenhole people and degrade an actual pinball conversation into personal attacks? Predator was far from a good shooter; and I never said it was. It shows the intent of your attacks when you change a conversation from the merits of a game to "but you supported Predator, WHAAAAAAA" I have no vested interest in Aliens, just like the game and think it silly when anyone continually bashes on a game you have yet to play. If you want to ask personal questions; I am curious how you are affiliated with MMr/AFMr/PPS/CGC. Care to share? You have 'hitched your horse' to their product and unlike me just being a pinhead that likes a game, you have an obvious financial bias and potential gain from selling these games. Are you a dealer? distributor? reseller? employee? Your defense of your company affiliation is obvious and your credibility evaporates when you continually attack all other companies/games and even worse just regular pinheads showing their opinion on a game they like. It honestly turns people off from your entire brand.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Irrelevant to 2017. They had a lot to figure out and it took longer than they thought. They delayed the announcement of AFM until all ducks were in a row. They have all the parts and the setup to build. Color dots are done. It's ready. MMr wasn't ready at announcement.

If that is the case, then it will be great that anyone ordering now will get their game in the next 3-6 months. I find that hard to believe but would be great news for those interested in buying. I think it is expected that things will go better for #2 game, but also expected that this is once again a completely new thing and new manufacturer than Stern contract build, and that alone will cause some delays with the learning curve. don't you think?

#1002 7 years ago

how does the strobe multiball look?

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

There is absolutely no reason for any distributor to sell for any less.

maybe not right this moment when hype is high, but they have every reason to be competitive and offer deals to bring in the non-hype customers.

I have to imagine with so many great options out their, cost is a big factor in any pinheads purchase.

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think that's up to CGC, they have "rules" on the price + shipping from what I've heard so you'll see no wiggle room from an "official" distributor unless they say so.

I contacted 2 distributors and got 2 different prices. Just sayin...

Distributors get a cut and some are willing to deal; even if that means selling for slightly less cut but selling more games. One was offering add-ons to sweeten the deal and of course there are shipping fees that are always negotiable.

#1170 7 years ago

call around

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

more curious than anything since CGC supposedly throws you to the back of line getting games if you don't follow their "rules".
If I buy, I'd buy local from game exchange and not have to pay shipping.

plenty of ways to avoid the 'rules'. People just need to be smart enough to not share publiclly where to go and get those willing to work with customers in some 'trouble'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.