(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #394 Photo of boards in backbox Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #942 Video of AFMr LE gameplay from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #950 More gameplay video of AFMr from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #983 Video of the AFMr LE Topper in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #1157 Statement on pricing rules for AFMr from a dealer Posted by hassellcastle (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 7 years ago

Meh, I don't care about the green trim and prefer no mirror blades. I don't see me getting a LE, the topper looks cool, but I am not really a topper guy. It's like Stern sells BM pim with a topper and all the sudden they think this is a value added feature (like mirror blades) that should be a person preference feature. So likely the middle edition looks to be the way to go. See about pricing.

I think it's gay that they don't all have the same warranty and whoever came up with that policy should be shot.

#354 7 years ago

I'd consider for the right price, agree metal production at the scoop would be a good idea from the factory.

#644 7 years ago

How often does the Video mode get played? Looks annoying as all get out.

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just heard 5500 plus shipping for the standard?
Great choice if so!!!! Competing in the Stern Pro market is the way to go! You will sell 3000 of them at that price is my bet!

If so, this will sell a crap ton. $6000 with color + shipping.

Price will be key for me, I'd probably even spring for a LE/SE if the price was good.

#706 7 years ago

I'm not optimistic on the price, but this is an opportunity to move the needle (I mean big sales if the price is correct and it's a popular pin like AFM) hopefully let JJP see that $9000 is not the new normal. I'm pesimistic meaning that this will likely be priced in the $7-8-9K range.

#842 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

No idea. I'm not a distributor, nor do I work from one. I'm a cube monkey bored on my lunch break.
But now I can see that it won't be contending against the MET Pro I'm probably going to order in a few weeks. At Pro level pricing, it would've been a much more difficult decision.

I was going to comment on this exact point. Met pro (particularly) but ST pro etc.. at a pro price point ($5200 delivered) or HUO for $4600 the AFM pro is $2K+ more expensive it's basically at/near premium price.

Fine if anyone dying for AFM but the price is a bit higher than I'd go especially with the issues they had with PF and how MMr had bad printing on the PF no way I'd be the lab rat for these games QC speaking.

Good for those who are dying for AFM but to me Met pro (IMO) is a better game or equal.

#846 7 years ago

I can't blame them for charging high, as they will sell look at BM66 price.

It's not horrible when people would have paid $6600-$6700 although 4 years ago for lesser games like TAVLE or XMLE at least AFM is quite proven. I'd surely rather have got AFMr instead of XMLE.

I feel the great bang was in the $4700 pro range I was able to get TWD, IMVE, Tron, Met but looks like no one will sell anything for less than Stern pro which I expect to keep going up or eliminated altogether.

#847 7 years ago

what's the difference between the SE and LE

$700

get black trim (if you want it)
topper
more color changing lights on saucers
better warranty

is there anything else I forgot?

Not sure if I think the topper is worth that much. I don't generally get all jacked up about a topper but this does look cool.

#850 7 years ago

thanks. I forgot that, not a fan myself. If I would pick one up, probably wait for HUO discount on a SE.

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I still can't believe $5200 for a Stern Pro is now being discussed as a "good deal"

better when they were $4700, but Met pro is really as good as most pins IMO.

#853 7 years ago

Just as well, it's a mixed blessing (being high priced) like when DI came in at $9K it just didn't exist on my radar any more.

I don't need to sell anything or convince my wife I need another pin.

I am not kicking myself for buying a mint SM last month.

#909 7 years ago

good lord here we go with the limited numbers. I could care less than nothing how many they make. It seems silly marketing ploy hurry they will sell out bs. If the SE is the same game, why not say the LE is able to sell whatever the market will bear and it's $700 for the so and so extra features.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We still have LE slots and can put deposits down on site ... anyone near Northern Nevada can come by and play the one we have here. The Saucer lights with the red/green are something to see with the animations triggered by all the various events.
A couple of other notes:
- all the games will have plywood (upgraded bottom)
- playfield GI lamps have brightness settings (as do the controlled)
- at least the US games come with coin mechs this time
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GAME

Any scoop protection?

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

This thread gets you so pumped up to buy one I may unbolt my Tron from the floor and buy an SE

Too bad I got SM last month, oh well still love SM. It'd be a different decision if I had the cash instead of the pin. But as we all know, so many great pins can't own them all.

#1058 7 years ago

Prolly need to start a whole new Top100 list just for remakes.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

SM is better than AFM.

I was going to ask, it's been asked a lot before. People are all over the place. Seems like majority is like AFM over SM but like 55:45

while back when MM was being remade, I went to a Pinsider's house and got to play all three SM, AFM and MM back to back. I loved them all and thought they were all great. I ended up getting SM at that time as it was $3000 less than MMr

I think overall they are fine, one thing I really love the Venom shot for SM. I sold it and was OK with that, but of all the things I missed was the Venom shot. I just got a better condition SM than the one I sold. Also, now has color DMD which didn't have last time. I really don't like SM dots, but with color they are much better. Still not fantastic dots but passable.

#1072 7 years ago

I'd keep your OG AFM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.