(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #394 Photo of boards in backbox Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #942 Video of AFMr LE gameplay from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #950 More gameplay video of AFMr from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #983 Video of the AFMr LE Topper in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #1157 Statement on pricing rules for AFMr from a dealer Posted by hassellcastle (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kiwipinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing-
$8,999 classic
$10,999 SE
$14,999 LE

My guess
$6,999 classic
$7,999 SE
$8,999 LE

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So the jumbo screen...is it gonna be like when you parents can't figure out how to work the aspect ratio? Are the aliens all going to appear to be short and fat?

Sorry, but just like when MMr came out if you own an original you are not allowed to comment on the re-make, and if you do you will be called a Troll.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have also heard from two very credible sources:
Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
If that is the pricing, I think it is pretty good.
Probably nailed it right at the market sweet point.
rd

Maybe a few might be coming to NZ then

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not trying to be the buzzkill here, guys, but I'd dial it back until the official release on pricing comes out. Last thing I'd want to see is this community "chanting it to the point of believing it" and then the real pricing comes out that is way different, and everyone gets all bent out of shape.
Yes, I am an owner, and I couldn't care less if my game drops to $500 in value. I want to see everyone be able to get one, but let's "keep it real" until we know for sure what the pricing will be...

I hope CGC price AFMr at
$5999 Standard
$6999 SE
$7999 LE

No reason they can't, they make the cabinets and playfields so that's a big advantage over Stern with cost.

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is AFM $1500 less complex than MM? How much does the portcullis, drawbridge and 2 trolls cost? (since it's the same game otherwise)

When you take the King down. There is only one way to go

#682 7 years ago

Pricing 12pm Friday, Shipping starts May 1st

#690 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just heard 5500 plus shipping for the standard?
Great choice if so!!!! Competing in the Stern Pro market is the way to go! You will sell 3000 of them at that price is my bet!

I think Stern may have pissed CGC off a little, I'm in at that price point

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

may be the case.
I mean lets be honest. If Stern can pump out new games at 5100 delivered... seems like someone like CGC can pump out a remake at 5500 plus shipping.
They of course have the advantage of saving on all the cabinet costs since no mark up for your own product. They also have all the assembly line knowledge. They also have some of the development issues worked out from MMr stuff.
Only seems logical to hit at that 5500 price point. Also seems like the way to really take market share and establish yourself as a player.
This of course also hedges on the ability to produce games in a reasonable time frame.

Totally agree, CGC will want to keep their new pinball line busy and if 5.5k is the pro price I will say they will be very busy.

#730 7 years ago

Let's not forget there is a lot of tax in the UK prices

6995 pounds = $8754.24 US

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Didn't CraziLevi and rd play it at the show last week in Texas?

Yes

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Really? I had no idea CGC set up a program to return and replace those defective playfields. I only heard of one, and that was for one guy that did a lot of kicking and screaming and it was an unpopulated one at that and he still had to pay for it..
If you can tell me of the program where CGC sent out populated playfield to those that were damaged due to sloppy assembly or bad ink print, I'm all ears.

Not enjoying the new B66 code?

#1087 7 years ago

No Strobe Multiball yet? Or has this been taken out?

3 weeks later
#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from g0nz0:

By "In the old days" did you mean back before one idiot sold his machine for 3 times what it was worth. And someone else saw an idiot buy and so that idiot did the same thing and baited another idiot and eventually the entire market overpriced their old pins to a point to where they are the same price as a brand new car?
Those old days?
I hope they remake every single pin in existence and flood the market. So maybe eventually people will stop thinking they own gold bars and then some of us can actually get some pins in our collections without selling our kids and organs to afford them. It has gotten rather ridiculous in the last decade. Inflation is one thing... but pinball inflation jumped 100 years worth.
And I get supply and demand, but I assure you eventually the demand will slow. All hobbies have periods where they are hot commodities. I just wouldn't want to be the one who bought that 10k machine right before they start plummeting in price.

Nope, Those "old days" was when no one wanted a pinball machine(2000-2010) and you could go buy a pinball of your local operator, they were giving them away.... WH2O $1.5k, JY $1.8k TOM $2.4k ToTAN $1k ect..ect

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kiwipinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics?tu=kiwipinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.