(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #394 Photo of boards in backbox Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #942 Video of AFMr LE gameplay from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #950 More gameplay video of AFMr from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #983 Video of the AFMr LE Topper in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #1157 Statement on pricing rules for AFMr from a dealer Posted by hassellcastle (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 7 years ago

Cool glad there will be more of this awesome pin for people to get and maybe now people wont keep trying to buy mine every week lol. Definitely not fan of green trim and still not sure about large screen but i suppose it will look nice with upgraded graphics. Also curious what the tri color lightning on the ships do exactly . Glad the game play is the same as many others were talking about prototype features which i figured wldnt be added. Now it comes down to pricing of course and i think if they can have it at 7500, 8500 and 9500 it will sell pretty well considering a minty original sells for 8-11k depending on the restore and mods. More pinball is good pinball especially of such a fun pin...

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hmm....the lit speakers and large LCD look kind of goofy to me.
Since they went with green trim, I wonder why they went with blue lights on the speakers instead of green, yellow, red, or orange.

Pretty sure the speaker kits are rgb adjustable?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wonder if the warranty will cover any premature playfield clearcoat or wear issues.

Wow my original reimport looks better lol..... these new thick clearcoats look great but sure do chip around edges easily....

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

it's a random "original" afm pic isn't it? Not one of the remakes...

I dunno ..just saying while any new clearcoat looks great and thick...they all seem to chip around edges rather easily.... look at the new sterns and mmr .

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

it's a random "original" afm pic isn't it? Not one of the remakes...

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Source of picture? Is this on a remake?

Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, that is on a brand new remake. From the industry show in TX today.
Pic from RD

Well there u go.... yes new one

#185 7 years ago

Wait till you see the scoops at the end of the show... they will be chipped away. It sld have mantis or cliffys from factory imo.... like stern is doing now.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Way quicker than that. Balls kicking out and rolling in ( which was the main wear issue on MB's kickout ) showed up right away on my AFM with the diamond plate chipping.
LTG : )

While i agree .. this newer thick clear seems to chip at edges really really easily and breaks off in pieces with art work.... as to where the older games it just gradually wore down slowly over time. This is a known wear area on afm as is in front of drop target bank and scoop behind mothership. Some sort og protection sld be there from factory imo....

#195 7 years ago

Im really curious how they went about doing the strobe as its a huge part of afm.....

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Depending on how much price is I'll pick it up. Afm has always been overpriced hopefully standard won't be too crazyv

Well i can tell u the new one will be more than u can pick up a nice used one for. I thought afm was one of the more fairly priced used pins considering how many were only made, popularity of it, its ranking and how awesome it is.

#394 7 years ago

Pic of some boards....FB_IMG_1489692165745 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1489692165745 (resized).jpg

#462 7 years ago

Red and black look excellent

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I just heard, unofficially, $6500/$7500/$8500.
I wouldn't post this here if it wasn't from a credible source, but consider this info far from the official word.
Please don't PM me asking for more details.

Not bad if true but after shipping and adding upgrades to classic it will b more like 7200-7400? Still not bad imo for a nib afm with upgraded color and shaker..... cheaper than a original in most cases

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think this game needs backboard decals.
What options are available? What did the prototype look like etc...
I saw the PDI illuminated backboard, Im not impressed with the colors.

I like this look..20161008_114151 (resized).jpg20161008_114151 (resized).jpg

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

And maybe they can touch up the woman above the flippers.
She's hideous.

Yea well not everything can be perfect lol

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thankfully most people want to play their games, not "collect" them. Very few want to restore their own games. That's expensive and takes serious time. I just want to play them. Bring on the remakes!

U can b both lol.... i play alot but also collect very nice originals or restored originals.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So when are the official details to be released?
How long after that was MMR actually shipping?

March 24th

#576 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is AFM $1500 less complex than MM? How much does the portcullis, drawbridge and 2 trolls cost? (since it's the same game otherwise)

But afm has the 4 moving Martians and 3 target motorized drop bank and drop target behind it. . I dont think theres much difference in the cost between the 2 really. The castle is little more complex but overall they both use about the same amount of stuff.

#579 7 years ago

I have mm and afm basically beside one another and from a b.o.m standpoint they are very very similar as far as coils and mechs and parts. Afm has some cool lighting with the mothership leds and strobe tho.

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

AFM martians.. target bank is one motor.. one drop target.. kicker for ship and the plastic ships.. two poppers. 3 plastic ramps, 2 habit trails. Saucer assembly, (I wouldn't even count the aliens). 20+2 coils.. 51 switches.. 1 motor.
MM.. catapult.. motorized drawbridge.. castle gate.. actuated castle.. two trolls.. partial subway. 2 plastic ramps, 3 habit trails.. 2 troll assemblies, the gate and drawbridge assemblies.. castle assembly. 19+4 coils, 52 switches.. . 1 motor
I think MM has it beat by a long shot. More coils, more assemblies, more formed plastic, more habitrails, more assembly.

Thats not much difference really and u forgot the special things on afm like strobe /board and mothership pcb with leds.. Afm has more elaborate metal scoop and subway system compared to the plastic tub/moat on mm . The castle is super cool on mm and definitely more to it tho. Id bet they were fairly close b.o.m wise back in the 90s tho. Both have some better things than one another and are also fairy similar. Im just glad im able to have both beside one another.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone who's seen the game in person (unless its been announced and I have missed it) confirm if the strobe and mothership leds are on these remakes? Just wanted to ask and get it confirmed. thanks.

They actually added to the mothership leds and added 2/3 colors depending on model. Not sure about how they did the strobe but id guess they just used leds this day in age? I guess it will have same effect as a actual strobe light?

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How often does the Video mode get played? Looks annoying as all get out.

I really like the video mode and u only get it once every 5 games or so.... at least on mine. Theres also a special version of the video mode but never got it.

#649 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

EVERY game...it's the reason why MM is the better game. Hate that mode. And you have to play since it's worth a lot.

Really ? I dont get it every game? Is there a setting for it or something?

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If you could turn that off with a setting that would be awesome!

If in tournament mode the sol awards just points..... so theres that....

#653 7 years ago

Sometimes when you shoot the Big-O-Beam, a cow is displayed and a female voice says: "Would you look at the size of that cow?!" and a moo is heard.
Sometimes when you shoot the Tractor Beam, a cow is beamed up. (View animation).DOHO is also seen in this animation.
Whenever one of these animations appears, hit the Launch button repeatedly for lots of mooing sounds. Do this for both of the ramps and then the next Video mode will be Cow Attack Video mode, where the
saucers has been replaced with mooing cow....

#698 7 years ago

As much as i love having originals.... if these prices are true i may sell my original and get a le as its my favorite pin ever to play..

#703 7 years ago

Even with shipping , color upgrade and shaker you wld still be under 6500 which wld be very nice.

#771 7 years ago

Original mm are still selling for fairly more then mmr. Nice restored ones with color dmd and some other mods are still regularly selling for 9500-12k . A mmr with color upgrade and shipping was around 8800. Depending on thr price of afmr (6500 plus shipping and color upgrade) i dont think it will effect original afm to much considering a nice one with color dmd and other mods is usually only around 7-7500. . Guess will see what happens tho once prices are released....

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

If this is a fact it surly makes me feel better being a current AFM owner. So if I fall in love with the bliing of a new one. (I love the new features) I should be able to sell my very nice example AFM original game and buy a new one without out of pocket loss right?
Rob

Really depends on the price of new ones (after shipping and color upgrade) id guess and how nice yours is and if it has any upgrades. A nice original unfaded one with color and some other mods was not really that mu ch to begin with (7k give or take). I see no reason u sldnt be able to get around that back for a very nice original . Even know mmr is available i just paid more for a restored original with mods than i cld of gotten a nib for. There are still lots of people that collect and prefer original ones believe me.

#790 7 years ago

One thing i hope they did on afmr that wasnt done on mmr is turn off the backbox lighting like the blackout mod does for the original. Its one of my favorite mods on my wpc95 pins but is really really is a great addition afm , in particularly during strobe mb . Still curious how the strobe mb looks with the newer technology also.

#865 7 years ago

a brand new afm for 6500 but after shipping (300- 400?) and the color upgrade ((which is a must imo) im guessing that will be 400 again? Nib afm to your door for 7300-7500 is not bad at all for such a great game.

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It really is bad...that's a lot of scratch for a AFM.

Then you dont know the afm market..... 8k for a le with all the extras is a great deal. Was thinking of selling my nice original to get one but dont tbink i will

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It seems like a pretty "OK" deal if you specifically want an AFM. My kids go nuts for this game so I'll pick up some version at some point. Glad to have more options.
That said, Heighway blows away these prices in terms of value. Widebody swappable playfield system game for $6k...add in 27" LCD and fiber optic ramp lighting and you approach $7k. New games for $4300 or so. If you have to pay NIB prices, those are as good as it gets.

Like that matters in this hobby ..... look at bat 66 and the fact u cld get a met pro or AS that has better value for half the price. Also i believe a alien with shipping and the upgrades u mentioned will be quite a bit more than 7k ? People want what they want and i think the price point of afmr will sell well .... especially the le.....

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It seems like a pretty "OK" deal if you specifically want an AFM. My kids go nuts for this game so I'll pick up some version at some point. Glad to have more options.
That said, Heighway blows away these prices in terms of value. Widebody swappable playfield system game for $6k...add in 27" LCD and fiber optic ramp lighting and you approach $7k. New games for $4300 or so. If you have to pay NIB prices, those are as good as it gets.

Looks like with shipping and the mods u mentioned it puts alien over 8k ? I just went to the page and added it up?

#889 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I paid $5950 base for Full Throttle, add in 27" LCD is $500, Fiber Optics are $600...that's $7k plus ship for a widebody with 27" LCD and Fiber! Rock solid build quality, basically something like premium+ features. Next game you buy to drop in is $4300 or so. Best NIB deal in pinball.
These are fair prices for the AFM either way(fair in current pinball world). They'll do really well at these prices.

Alien seems to be more than that? 6450 for base game and 550 for 27in screen and 800 for fiber optic ramps? I believe shipping is around 350-400 . Im curious bc im interested also

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you should reach out and get a real price form Heighway or Cointaker if you want to compare apples.

So website isnt correct?

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Alien will only be $4300 for me!
"List" prices on their website would bring it in just under or at $8k for all the extras with ship included. I listed what I paid going straight through Andrew and paying in full. He brought my game to a show as well so no shipping! Go to TPF and buy an Alien floor model
These are good prices for AFM though.

Good to know ...thanks

#920 7 years ago

One thing i hope they did on afmr that wasnt done on mmr is turn off the backbox lighting like the blackout mod does for the original. Its one of my favorite mods on my wpc95 pins but is really really is a great addition afm , in particularly during strobe mb . Still curious how the strobe mb looks with the newer technology also. Anyone know much about this? Some things on the newer are better and then some things on original are better ......glad to have choices tho.

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bet they could add that as a feature in the CGC menu. While they're emulating the original software, they do have their own software doing game choreography things like shaker motor, the new UFO lights, & topper animation. Probably wouldn't be too hard to code the backbox to turn off like the blackout mod.

I hope so... its such a great effect especially in a dark playing environment ...

#941 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You can easily argue a lot of things but I struggle to see how you can argue that alien is a better shooter than afm! And no, posting a picture of all the available shots doesn't mean it's a good shooter.
I could do the same thing for the hobbit and have 15 more shots mapped out but I am the first to admit that the worst attribute of the hobbit is the way it shoots. Probably the same with Alien.

Agreed afm plays fast and furious..... watching the alien videos .... not real impressed so far with it and especially the lack of pop bumper and sling action. This was also my issue with full throttle. I spent alot time trying to help a friend get more action out of the slings and pop bumpers with the final conclusion that it is what it is ......

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Just finished playing this game at TPF. It looked and played great. The LEDs really make the game pop. I bet they sell a bunch of them.

The bill ung type leds or the game leds in general?

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Here's some video I shot
» YouTube video

So nice to see afm being enjoyed bc every show ive been to there is never any there..... exciting times in pinball ......

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I thought both looked great. I'm a sucker for LED's since I think they add a lot to appeal of a game.

O yea for sure ..all my pins must have leds in them.

#987 7 years ago

Anyone get strobe mb yet? How does it look and does the backbox lights go off during it?

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not like you'll be able to tell in that room. There are so many lights; it won't matter.

Wasn't sure if they turned lights down or had a after party like pintastic .....

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Didn't think about that. Then again, I never get to go to cool stuff like this ): ....
Next year, I'm going to TPF 2018. Unless Cuba, Iraq, Russia, China, and Korea all invade at once, I am SO going....tired of missing out.

Im actually planning to also as it seems to be the best show in the country....

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Right, but even a warm white LED at full brightness gives off a different hue than a cool white LED. I'm just trying to figure out if even at full brightness if it still looks like bright incandescent lighting or if it looks like cool bright LED lighting? Thanks for following up.

That is one thing i dont like also.... i like to color match my inserts or sometimes even change clear omes to color as it looks better in some cases. My current afm inserts look very nice and vibrant now and much better than the warm white leds the prior owner had in all them.

#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

If anyone at TPF can find out or already knows what style of LEDs they used please share. As crazy as it sounds I think I'd be in on an LE if the LEDs are cool white. If they used warm white I'd prefer an original that I could then customize to my liking.

The gi lights are standard leds that can be changed easily but not the inserts....not sure about the flashers eaither as i really like different color alien ship flashers also.

#1033 7 years ago

Yea a le for 8300 delivered is a very fair deal.... even has me thinking of ordering one even know im a huge collector if original stuff. I have a very nice unfaded modded one and am really thinking of selling it to get a le . Ugh .... decisions lol

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Call me crazy, but that would be crazy. You have a nice unfaded good playing original and you would toss it out the door to get a reproduction?? I just think that would be nuts.
I'm not saying anything against the repro. I think it is awesome they are making them. Crisp new unfaded games fresh out of the box. But at its peak, the best you could hope after a month is having a game as nice as yours sounds. Bird in the hand...

Yea your probably right.... plus there are things on the original i much prefer over the remake. It was just a idea to get a nice new afm (my favorite pin) but i did just pay more for a restored original mm over mmr bc i do perfer it. Ill probably just get my afm powdercoated black , add bill ung kit, and paint my ships. Still wondering how strobe is on new one and if the backbox can be programmed to dim when gi does (Really great effect on afm). Also are the flashers able to be changed on playfield and backbox? Hopefully they have a few in allentown so we can find out . I like my color matched inserts and different flasher colors. Also i love the mothership gozmod that has green leds but turn red when ship is hit... wonder if new one does that as its a great effect? 20161008_114109 (resized).jpg20161008_114109 (resized).jpg20170201_044004 (resized).jpg20170201_044004 (resized).jpg20161008_114151 (resized).jpg20161008_114151 (resized).jpg

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Dude...your game is awesome! I wouldn't dump it for an AFMr.

Thax ... i just had a bad moment of judgement for a few day's lol, bc i had a bunch of pm's with some nice offers that basically cld of gotten me a nib new one .

#1071 7 years ago

Best part is the original screen printed cab ......20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd keep your OG AFM.

Yea i think i will ...im just gonna upgrade some more things on it. It just plays to well to let go....

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The colors on that cab are stunning!

Yea it was in storage for most its life and then in a dark basement for the other . Shes a beauty and has a well above average playfield for a original afm. Plays very fast now....

#1078 7 years ago

Interesting....im keeping my original lol.... wldnt know where to start working on this if i had a issue.....FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg

#1079 7 years ago

Also looks like the flashers are pcbs which i dont like bc i like different color ones for different areas especially the ships....

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Personally witnessed at least two different, non-consecutive plays of Strobe Multiball. Is the backglass supposed to darken? The DMD too? Neither of those things happened. The playfield is (of course) mostly dark during that multiball, but the three center targets were flashing on the visor. I have a brief video of it somewhere (either on phone or camcorder).

Theres a blackout mod for wpc95 pins. I was hoping they programmed the backbox to cut out when the playfield gi does but i guess not. Its a really great effect in a dark environment especially on afm. The playfield sld be all dark except the strobe under the mothership....

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm confused by people mentioning this, because it sure looked like there were still clear cut outs in the translite of the new AFMrs at TPF and you could see the individual bulbs that in them. At one point I saw the translate pulled out on one of the machines so they could show someone the electronics and it looked like a standard tub with individual bulbs in sockets.

I believe afmr uses led strips inside the tub and uses pcb flashers.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The center targets are supposed to flash so you can nail 'em. Yeah it would be nice if the backglass would also go dark during this cool mode but the original doesn't either
It would also be nice if you could earn this rather than a random award. Otherwise when you try to show it to a friend it's "wait...wait...we'll get it! I'm sure it'll happen!" And then you lose the last ball.

Get the 35.00 blackout mod for your wpc 95 pins especially afm.....

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Strobe Multiball isn't really a random award. It's normally the third Stroke of Luck award, at least if Tournament Mode is not enabled. (I believe there's an exception if you get Super Jets between the 2nd and 3rd SoL's.)

Not all the time ....i rarely get strobe mb whiich makes it that much better.... maybe different roms give strobe and video mode more often but i don't get eaither much. Mostly start attack wave, start lock, points ....

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

So I've been looking for an Attack from Mars for awhile now and just haven't been able to find one at a decent price anywhere near fly-over country. I also previously said my cut off price for an MMR would be around 6K...okay so given the market conditions and ever rising cost of new machines, this price point may have been a little low. Regardless of all of that, I got in touch with Mike at pinballs.com (aka Automated Services), and put down my $250 deposit for the $7,599 SE version with free shipping, since this will come with the color display and shaker motor, I felt it was a decent price ... but it better damn well come with coin mechs!!!

Not really free shipping bc they are 7300 without shipping so your paying the 300 shipping. Awesome pin enjoy....

#1232 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

So I played the AFMr 's at the Festival and compared to my Original they played like crap but I was shocked about the lighting on all 3 models. Ghosting LED's and flashing when it shouldn't of been. I have a chance to buy a regular MM vs. an MMr and now am so confused. I played an MMr a few years back at TPF and it played like crap and the lighting was again sub par. If you had a chance to buy an original mint game vs. an MMr would you take the original ? What about AFMr vs. all of the simple problems I noticed ? I know this has been discussed but any help would be appreciated. Dazed and confused...

I always perfer original but thats just me. I do like some the features on the remakes but perfer things on the original over them .

#1237 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I had just the opposite experience.
6 months ago I was in the market for an AFM.
Played a very good condition AFM at a friends house.
Lights were dim, flippers were slightly weak for the angle of 6.8 on the PF.
Inserts were a little dim from the #44 bulbs, and the flashers were also dim.
Sound from the speakers was a little fuzzy being 20 year old speakers I think, plus no Sub or mid range speakers, just old standard sound.
DMD had a little burn-in and was a little ghosted.
Some warping on the plastics and a little fade from the #44 bulbs.
Slight cabinet wear and red was faded.
But over-all a very good better than average game from the 90's.
The game was very well maintained, but stock in all ways.
The game could be rebuilt and modernized for about $6000 + $5500 to buy the game.
I was really thinking of buying it from him.
A few weeks back I was invited to play an AFMr at PPS the game was vibrant and bright.
Flippers were strong and crisp, playfield was as smooth as butter, played fast and strong.
Fully adjustable coils for great play at any PF angle.
Enhanced sound system just ROCKED!
Inserts were like glowing jewels.
The big LCD screen and hi resolution color animations were lightyears ahead of the old classic game.
The insert flashing can be adjusted slow or fast or emulate incandescent bulbs. Slower flashing is really good on this.
The game played fast and solid.
Its stunning in person, if you can, look at it with the glass off, It's absolutely beautiful.
Brand new Stunning NIB game $7999 (picked up), Its a Steal!
I immediately bought it that day.

The original one u played sounded like a mess and its probably good u passed on it for the price lol.

#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

So is it confirmed that AFMr will ship with the 'cliffy' protectors at the two scoops? All versions of the game?

No one knows but it was mentioned that some kind of protector will be on at least the front of the scoop on the le. If i were a afmr preorder buyer i wld go ahead and order the motorized drop target bank protector and the mothership drop target /scoop protector as that area gets beat up even on originals. I cld see the new thick clearcoat just chipping away in them areas rather quickly.

#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If we are talking about Bronco's game I'm pretty sure it sold for more that 9k.

Yea that thing was amazing to say the least....

1 month later
#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Can you elaborate? This may have been discussed, so apologies...
Is it just a white, bright, LED flasher?

Its very dim and looks to just b a 3 led strip facing down under the ship area. Its has very little light spead past the mother ship area.

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Doug from CGC did state in the other thread that they've added to the software which now allows the backbox lighting to be turned off during strobe multiball. That may help a bit?

Not the issue as the one i saw/ played it on had backbox lights off and it was still very dim and almost unnoticeable. Im sure it will be easily modded to make it better but man the high voltage strobe on the original is pretty sweet especially in a dark room.

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm really suprised that they let this through. I would think the folks that are testing these would have taken notice to the strobe light being inadequate and made some adjustments. Either way, if mine sucks, I will be putting in a better flasher.

Maybe it will be fixed on production pins. I think just mounting it differently cld make a big difference.

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

True. However, I would rather the strobe light be cool vs warm. I get they are trying to emulate the original flasher. But for the LE, what's the point of keeping to the original since we have an extra large color display, color changing saucer LED's, topper. It's not really going to be like the stock original anyway.

The one i saw was more cool white than warm but just not intense and not spreading the light well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.