(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #394 Photo of boards in backbox Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #942 Video of AFMr LE gameplay from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #950 More gameplay video of AFMr from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #983 Video of the AFMr LE Topper in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #1157 Statement on pricing rules for AFMr from a dealer Posted by hassellcastle (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 7 years ago

$6500.
$8000.
$10,000.

#217 7 years ago

Chicago Mexico

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from MoonwalkerArcade:

If Chicago Gaming is gearing up their own production line could the cost come down since you don't have so many hands in the cookie jar?

Probably not since now you have setup cost of the line.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

There may be some negativity but IMO a lot of that is imagined. Complaining about complainers though... that seems to happen a bit

Now, now, now, Complaining about people complaining about complainers. That's a lot of complaining!

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am optimistic on the price, 7 mote days and we will all know!

Not that I think it will happen but just food for the thought. If they price these to compete with Stern pro on up there will be some heads exploding. It would turn the market upside down. Could you imagine a NIB AFMR basic at $5500. Crazy man, just a crazy thought.

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

One game every three years at a decent price isn't going to turn the market upside down.

Your missing the whole point with your statement. Yeah 1 game every three years isn't going to be the killer. But if you look at it from another point of view. there will be a lot more games coming to the second hand market from people selling off to get this game.
At $7500 not a chance in hell for me. At $6500 it would be very tempting but I would hold off for the next one. At $5500. It would be SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! Must have it!

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, and if I could get a Ferrari for $500 I totally would too.
I'm not going to speculate on prices. Everyone will find out in a week and then everyone can spaz out either way.

But, but, this is Pinside! We speculate, criticize and argue on everything!

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You are not the market for this game. There are people who don't know how to take the glass off. They're not going to buy a used game. They're not going to put on new decals. Shit, I've been doing this for a decade and I've never put on new decals!
It's a proven classic and there are people who will want a new one. Look at video game arcade sales. I can go pick up a used original Pac-Man for $300 all day long....but Namco makes NEW Pac-Man arcade games and sells them for thousands. There is another market besides DIY hobbyists.

Shit, I've been doing this for almost 30 years and never installed new decals. I've even bought a set once but sold the game.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its a new game to many

I have only ever played this game one time. So to me it is a new game. And I started playing back in 1970's. Just got out of playing around the time of the big B/W era. Actually, I've never played most of the B/W DMD games.

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

"Limited" is a relative notion.
There are only 510 SEGA Godzilla machines, so yeah, mega mega limited there.
If they sell like 9000 Standard editions, sure the LE is relatively limited.

In today's world LE just means super bling, bling model. 200, 500 or 1000. These numbers don't really mean a thing.

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have also heard from two very credible sources:
Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
If that is the pricing, I think it is pretty good.
Probably nailed it right at the market sweet point.
rd

At $6500 even my tight, broke ass might buy one. Would have to let go of a few low dollar games but would be worth it.

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have also heard from two very credible sources:
Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
If that is the pricing, I think it is pretty good.
Probably nailed it right at the market sweet point.
rd

At $6500 even my tight, broke ass might buy one. Would have to let go of a few low dollar games but would be worth it.

Quoted from Whysnow:you still have my number?
Ill be in Pittsburgh in July and currently room to bring home 1 (maybe 2) more.
just sayin...

Quoted from rotordave:

I'll be in Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks, I'll be happy to take a few of those classic Sterns!
Just sayin ...
rd

I'm on the other side of PA.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is AFM $1500 less complex than MM? How much does the portcullis, drawbridge and 2 trolls cost? (since it's the same game otherwise)

You know as well if not better then anyone that complexity or even BOM has anything to do with the price difference. The only two things different are:
1) they are building in-house
2) charging what they fell people will pay.

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Me too. Fingers crossed, though. Can you imagine what that would do to the secondary market on originals?

That's what I said earlier. There will be a lot of low to medium dollar pins on the market.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Not that I think it will happen but just food for the thought. If they price these to compete with Stern pro on up there will be some heads exploding. It would turn the market upside down. Could you imagine a NIB AFMR basic at $5500. Crazy man, just a crazy thought.

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just as well, it's a mixed blessing (being high priced) like when DI came in at $9K it just didn't exist on my radar any more.
I don't need to sell anything or convince my wife I need another pin.
I am not kicking myself for buying a mint SM last month.

Same here, was hoping it would fall around the Stern pro prices. So I can wait another year to see how the game goes. But I'm sure there will be many others that will jump on the price.

#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm still amazed that people are happily sending in their money on a product that had the CC and art chipping off the very *first time it was shown* ??? Good luck with that... you'll need the 10 part Cliffy set and some faith.

Dude! We get it already, you own an original and don't like the remakes. You already made your statement in 28 posts in this thread. Time to move along and quit TROLLING.

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

more curious than anything since CGC supposedly throws you to the back of line getting games if you don't follow their "rules".
If I buy, I'd buy local from game exchange and not have to pay shipping.

Yeah but taxes are more then shipping.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You mean the cling mylar protectors, yes they will pull right off.
I hear its an ok product for home use.

Cling Mylar protectors? Never heard of them. Where do you get them?

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I had just the opposite experience.
6 months ago I was in the market for an AFM.
Played a very good condition AFM at a friends house.
Lights were dim, flippers were slightly weak for the angle of 6.8 on the PF.
Inserts were a little dim from the #44 bulbs, and the flashers were also dim.
Sound from the speakers was a little fuzzy being 20 year old speakers I think, plus no Sub or mid range speakers, just old standard sound.
DMD had a little burn-in and was a little ghosted.
Some warping on the plastics and a little fade from the #44 bulbs.
Slight cabinet wear and red was faded.
But over-all a very good better than average game from the 90's.
The game was very well maintained, but stock in all ways.
The game could be rebuilt and modernized for about $6000 + $5500 to buy the game.
I was really thinking of buying it from him.
A few weeks back I was invited to play an AFMr at PPS the game was vibrant and bright.
Flippers were strong and crisp, playfield was as smooth as butter, played fast and strong.
Fully adjustable coils for great play at any PF angle.
Enhanced sound system just ROCKED!
Inserts were like glowing jewels.
The big LCD screen and hi resolution color animations were lightyears ahead of the old classic game.
The insert flashing can be adjusted slow or fast or emulate incandescent bulbs. Slower flashing is really good on this.
The game played fast and solid.
Its stunning in person, if you can, look at it with the glass off, It's absolutely beautiful.
Brand new Stunning NIB game $7999 (picked up), Its a Steal!
I immediately bought it that day.

So the people that are actually in the market to buy a AFM are saying the AFMr is a great playing game. And the people that already own a AFM are saying it's a dog. Who do you believe????? I won't know until I get to play one at Allentown Pinfest.

pinballinreno to date every original AFM I have played were in the same condition you are describing.

#1256 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Earlier this year, a BK full restore AFM with lots of mods was up for sale here asking $11k, for two weeks.

I'm pretty sure it sold for around 9k when it did.

1 month later
#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

So what exactly was our bet? I will pay up if I made one, I don't think I remember saying AFMr wouldn't happen. I just don't believe they are going to roll as quickly as people will expect them to. But I would love to be wrong, maybe setting up a pinball factory is easier now than it has been in the past?
I look forward to the day that Chicago Gaming gets all these A List titles out of the way, and can then lower their price and build me my FHr for about $4500.

A FHr with super size color DMD!!!! I'd like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.