(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #394 Photo of boards in backbox Posted by bigd1979 (7 years ago)

Post #942 Video of AFMr LE gameplay from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #950 More gameplay video of AFMr from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #983 Video of the AFMr LE Topper in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #1157 Statement on pricing rules for AFMr from a dealer Posted by hassellcastle (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I own an original and I'm perfectly fine with them doing a remake. It's a great game and the more out there, especially on location, the better for everyone.
The LE is super uggo though.

I'm fine with a remake too but remember what we learned about Churchill being fully in charge with MMr... you WILL keep what comes in the box no matter what.

A whole lot of MMr customers got stuck with factory second faded insert PF's and now have a machine worth less than the next customer. I know I wouldn't buy one with the faded inserts on the secondary market.

I won't mount some vocal campaign about it this time as if people didn't learn all they needed to know about this company LAST time... well it's hopeless.

But good luck to everybody regardless... (not sarcasm)

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

non-issue in my view.

Yup. That's because you didn't get stuck with a defective PF on a MMr. People don't care until it happens to them.

That's how they got past the entire thing.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The speakers look rather weird IMO. Like cheap upgraded car speakers mounted in a hacked up rear parcel shelf.
Style is totally out of keeping with the rest of the machine. They look so out of place that they catch the eye more than anything else - especially being so brightly LED lit.

I agree the lit speakers really catch the eye and not in a good way. They probably thought this was a good idea to "add value" but maybe let the owners decide if they want that same, omnipresent cheap chinese color changing LED effect that is on even the cheapest kid's toys these days. Why compete with the color display in an dead area?

I'm strange anyways as I seem to be the only person who doesn't see the purpose of drawing the eye to a game's speakers.
Unless you simply MUST show off some badass speaker inserts you've found (understandable) then why bring attention to an area where there is absolutely nothing going on?

Never mind the extra glass reflection they add - to me this even hinders the gameplay but I'm the odd man out on this issue.

And I like LED mods generally... I'm hardly an anti-LED Luddite.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

To pull off his big boy pants?

Hopefully you meant "pull UP"...otherwise his threats have gotten considerably kinkier

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yup .. speakers are to be heard, not seen.

Thank you - there's a whole two of us then!

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Cool! I may order one and mod it with incandescent lights just like the original.

lol wise guy...maybe you could also put back the high voltage strobe board and bulb

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

And maybe they can touch up the woman above the flippers.
She's hideous.

I've grown to appreciate her manly jaw. I think she was ahead of her time...if you know what I mean.

#665 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

You won't buy a game based on whether a mod works or not? This modding shit has gotten way out of hand.

Then you've never seen it in action. I couldn't go back to one without it either. Sure the gameplay is the same but without it... it's somehow well... sadder

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Have you seen the new one with the tri and bi colored LEDs worked into the gameplay?

No but I'll give it a chance. To be fair I'm not their target audience.

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

It means i will just find an original, i would not bag on pps or cgc as i think they are doing great for our pin community.

I dunno... they screwed quite a few people with the Mmr remake. Shipping faded factory second PF's to "valued customers" for *months* after being found out was pretty egregious. They only quit shipping them when they ran out or were shamed into stopping. "Valued customers" were forced to keep these inferior machines also.

It may not bother anyone else but I would never buy a product from this company. Not after seeing that behavior.

#794 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The game has not yet been played by you, or anyone else outside CGC...
The prices haven't been announced yet...
The game hasn't been placed on location yet...
We've only seen videos of the display so far...
We haven't heard the sound system yet..
But thank you for continuing the Pinside tradition of assumptions!

Well we *have* seen the CC and art already chipped off the PF on the FIRST day it was displayed

I don't think I've ever seen that on a machine's first reveal.

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd love to see how an original AFM looked like after a few days on location.
Probably exactly the same.

I was around when AFM came out and it took a long time for those holes to get chewed up... and they got a lot of play. Nothing like these new chip 'n peel PF's.

In fact I've still never seen an *original* MM have the CC cracking off in slabs like the one MMr that is a year old in the arcade.

I've seen them played down to the paint but 100,000 plays can do that.

But I doubt they are deliberately making them shitty... it may indeed be a newly-regulated CC formula they have to use (though nobody can point to the regulation or offer more than conjecture).

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Think about where you are, and the current economic situation surrounding you.
European and overseas markets are not the USA, which I clearly stated.
I am not evaluating your market at the present time because I am not living overseas like I did for nearly 12 years, including serving side by side with several of the British regiments and in your own country.
I knows others that are, and are buying machines as quality permits and much lower prices that the United States.
The problem is that the reimport era dried up a lot of the early BLY/WMS games from the 1990s at the end of 2005.

Man I miss those "re-import" days... I snagged some gorgeous machines from some undoubtedly chagrined Europeans but nobody forced them to sell I suppose. Sure a lot were in sketchy shape with their penchant for drilling ashtrays on to the sides but finding a flawless gem in a warehouse full of smoky machines is a memory I want to hang on to.

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Not only did they send out populated playfields the pricks who got them refused to return the populated original playfields, so I doubt they will do that again

Is this what they call "revisionist history"??? Point us to the posts from now-happy owners that received populated PF's please.

#810 7 years ago

Why they know who they are, just stating a fact

lol Yeah that's a "fact" Figured that would be the response.

Glad we got that out of the way... hey I'd love to be proven wrong btw.

#816 7 years ago

I am sure Doug will tell you who the people were

Yeah I'm sure he'd tell me anything I'd like to hear.

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm happy to oblige.
Here is a guy who got a new playfield for $250 for his "I can't see my insert ink" complaining. He later sold the MMr for full price saying that there was no problem with it then went on to sell the playfield for $900.

Well that is indeed proof...that all the others got screwed. I assume that is your point. Sure one poor guy had to actually PAY for an unpopulated PF. That particular character did post all kinds of contradictory stuff starting from when he was told that they had a "perfect" fix for the PF problem. Turned out later that was the cheap plastic sheet. We have NO idea what he got for his machine but if you think people would pay the SAME price for the obviously faded factory second ones that they would for a *decent* mmr you'd be mistaken. In fact any smart aftermarket buyer wouldn't buy a faded one at all... they would simply wait to get one of the unaffected ones. That's what I'd do anyways.

I don't blame him for selling it though.

Also I could care less about value comparisons between originals and remakes. Who would ever want to sell a nice original? I never would so I was delighted they made a remake because there were hardly any available for people that wanted one. And the quality was initially fine.

Then I watched a large group of their customers get stuck with machines worth less than what the first batch got and not ONE of them ever posted they got a "populated PF' swap.

What *really* said it all was the way they KEPT sending customers these faded PF's for MONTHS after it was reported by unhappy customers. Think they would keep shipping game after game if they knew they would then have to send out populated PF's to make things right? Of course not. The thin piece of plastic over the LED's was their idea of a fix.

But look obviously people are still going to buy even after that fiasco and I wish them well... hopefully the company got shamed enough by the incident and they won't ship that kind of product to customers again.

But people should be fully aware of the company's history and can look back in the threads to learn more. You don't want me ranting about it again so please quit baiting me... please

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Manic we have had this conversation before. I know that what happened to you sucked but you are the exception not the norm to the experiences that MMr owners have.

Never said it was the norm... just a large group that got stuck with them. If you watched that thread for months and months you know this.

I also didn't get screwed I bought mine back in 1997 and it's set in the same spot in my dining room ever since. Yeah the rugs ruined from the weight of it

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So let me get this straight: original, working clean AFM games will sell for $8500 - $11,500 now?? I totally disagree.

I bought mine 16 years ago when the prices were reasonable... do people actually PAY this much for them even now or is that just what buyers like to try to ASK for them? I've learned in this hobby there is a big difference.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:You did not read the thread properly or completely.
That question was referring to MM versus MMr pricing and value, not AFM, as the person asked.
At no time did I specify a price range for AFM being over $11K for non-HEP examples.
They do sell for $8500 regularly in CQ condition.
There were convoluted questions that I attempted to clarify based on equal condition AFM for trades, but I will let market speculators do their own thing at this point, because it hopeless, and PinSide is full of people that wish to argue every single point made.
It is no wonder most of the people of the industry refuse to participate in these forums or already left.
Good luck folks.
“The problem with forums is there is a lot of disinformation, and a lot of uninformed opinions affecting what people actually believe. It is normal for forums. In any kind of hobby, go to their forums and blogs, and you will see something very similar. It is the nature of those environments, and it does not even have to be related to pinball machines.”
- George Gomez

Hmmm G Gomez talking about "disinformation"... Mr "code every two weeks"??? Bet he wishes he could take that one back.

#824 7 years ago

technical difficulties - do not adjust your TV

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Manic has been grinding his axe against MMR vociferously and for what seems like forever. I hope if some PPS/CGC faded inserts are such a disaster that he is equally dismissive of Stern issues, lest he be a hypocrite, such as
-shipping out mis-spelled playfields (even for replacements, lol),
-a laundry list of pf fixes in two of the most recent Stern releases (GB and BM66),
-xfassa's GB pf chipping after 20 plays and being denied replacement, not "defective" as you describe it,
-and the many other owners with chipped recent new Stern pf's who are not "qualifying" for the program, or as you describe it again, not "defective", and
-ridiculously early code and ridiculously late code.
Anyone seen him railing against Stern?

Fortunately for me TWD Prem has been perfect out of the box so no need for me to be "vociferous" about it (good word btw).
With the sky high prices of these things I figure this would be the last one for me anyways. I got lucky as I've always stated that it's a gamble when you open the Stern box. In several posts actually...and this was *before* the GB PF mess. I think TWD was the last Stern title that *didn't* have a boatload of issues to contend with.

I remember being apprehensive opening that box... not exactly the NIB experience you hope for.

Back in the day Stern DID send me an unpopulated PF for TSPP as mine was the last run and the silkscreen was giving out and leaving splotches on the PF. So they did do that... didn't charge me a penny for it either. So there's that anyways.

Thank god I didn't have a hard on for the GB theme. If I had gotten bit by a bad one EVERYBODY would have me on ignore by now Others did get vociferous (gotta use that word now) about it though and good for them for holding their feet to the flame.

Yeah I wouldn't risk a Stern right now myself but they are apparently sending out full PF swaps for their customers. Not even charging them $200 either. Personally I wouldn't want the hassle or anxiety going through this anyway after spending all that money.

I'd like them ALL to up their game and send out a quality product or at least fully stand behind it. I don't want to have to rely on the "benevolence" of a company to make me happy. I'd hate to hear what so many heard when they called about their faded PF... "falls within specs". Now *that* is something no unhappy customer wants to hear.

You have a good point but I don't think the whole "this company may be bad but this other one is worse" really inspires much confidence for the new buyer.

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Just for the record $8600 for the pin and $600 for the PF. After the MMR fiasco I'm out on all nib and in on older SS and 90s B/W maybe a few second owner proven sterns but definitely no more nib it's just not worth it better off waiting

No offense but you posted all kinds of contradictory stuff, fought about it with everybody and then deleted most (if not all) of your posts. Ahh good times huh?

And after initially raving about how good their solution was going to be then you promptly sell it.
So I'm gonna stick with "we'll never know". It's not you in particular I just know how people like to puff up what they get when they sell something.

I don't blame you for avoiding the NIB hassle/pain... you were the first in the frying pan on that one.

I just wanted people to know the history of the company by doing a little research - I didn't mean to rehash the entire episode yet again. I'm sure most people will be fine.

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Vociferous

(good points cut for brevity)
And yes, Drewblood is full of toxic hypocrisy.

I absolutely agree about smaller, fix it yourself stuff. Heck you have to *expect* that right out of the box. But when I saw the machine I found the faded inserts immediately apparent and I couldn't imagine others not seeing this as well (if you ever had to sell the machine for example).

Like being stuck trying to sell a multi-ghosted GB.

So some got stuck with machines worth less than the "next guy" and there wasn't a thing they could do about it except hear it "fell within quality tolerances" (or some variation of this buzz-speak).

But most did get a quality machine for home use (the clear chipping right off of the one in the arcade thread is eye-opening though)
and I'm hoping most will be fine with this one. It's a fun machine indeed...

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I am in on this too, going green myself.
The green is a little crazy looking for sure but I like it.
The LE is a blast, if you every wanted a AFM its time to jump in.
Now off to play it a few more times.

Hey why not get the green trim... with the saucers constantly flashing between green and red it looks like Christmas every time you play. Good or bad thing depending on how festive a person you are.

It wouldn't bother me as it would remind me of Xmas with my kids every time I'd fire it up.

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think if you haven't owned AFM before, the classic is definitely the go value wise (if you're happy with the blinking and the translite.)

I'm still amazed that people are happily sending in their money on a product that had the CC and art chipping off the very *first time it was shown* ??? Good luck with that... you'll need the 10 part Cliffy set and some faith.

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yeah, I didn't like that either, but I have the faith. going to install a playfield protector and pimp it out to make my money back
I have to many projects to try to fix another 20 year old machine. I'm definitely not going to pay 12k for a completely restored machine either.

I still find it hard to believe *anybody* would pay close to that much for an AFM. I have a damn near perfect unfaded one I bought 15 years ago and I wouldn't think it would go for anywhere near that. And it's fully LED'ed with the Bill Ung kit, etc.

Silly market indeed if what you say is true...

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yes, it is the same reason I am uncomfortable purchasing a NIB from Stern.

Me too.

One difference is at least they are attempting to send out full PF swaps.

Plus their particular problem is that their PF's usually didn't show the problems until shortly after the owners started playing them.

This is in contrast to continuing to build and ship machines with a PF you *know* your current customers are unhappy about and knowing you won't be accepting any back for a return or swap.

Oh well...

#1101 7 years ago

Well of course you'd get screwed with something like that. I would think you could still find nice originals being sold by private sellers floating around out there. And what they are asking is not what they are going to get... you negotiate. You have to be patient... watch Mr Pinball, all that stuff.

In the old days that's what we called the "thrill of the chase"

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Dude! We get it already, you own an original and don't like the remakes. You already made your statement in 28 posts in this thread. Time to move along and quit TROLLING.

I was a big fan of Mmr when the first batch went out. Read the thread to see what happened next.

post #29

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

He's a broken record in ever CGC thread with the same post over and over.

And you're a guy that WORKS for Churchill... unless you just collect users ticket #'s for fun. Come clean dude

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So I have not caught up on this thread and this may have been posted already. I played the remake and it is nice. One observation was the screen printing on some of the inserts was not good. Same issue that some of the MMR play fields had. Hard to read the insert when lit. Other than that the game played and looked great. The black writing in the inserts looked pretty faint....needs to be much darker. Hopefully this can be brought to their attention. I am not always the most observant person but it stood out like a sore thumb to me. I can see why owners of MMR that had this issue were upset. Hopefully this is brought to their attention and corrected. Other than that it looked and played great.

Man I wouldn't ever BOTHER bringing this up to this crowd. They don't want to hear it... just want to send $$$ in without really seeing them first. Some will have to learn the hard way I suppose.

If it's like last time some will get "good" ones... others will get the one's that will be worth less. All will end up having to keep them.

Hey I HOPE this will not be the case but like yeah - I'm being a broken record I suppose. Good luck guys.
I actually mean that.

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Inserts look great on this release CGC has done an excellent job on this.
I looked all over the PF with 2X magnification and I can tell you, from what I saw the PF is top quality.
Have no worries, its beautiful.

You brought a magnifying glass to the show?

Hey man I wish you the best of luck - seriously. You can try to protect the edges... they sure aren't alone in the chipping dept but let's hope you don't get the "fade". That's a little harder to fix...but you'll probably be fine.

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Can you name a manufacturer, let alone a pin, on pinside that wasn't hated-on by a vocal bunch when released, over the last many many years too... frankly? That hate is nothing new and is no different than what happened to the pins you've enjoyed and purchased in your history here. Trust the overall ownership feedback, some may be expected to rah rah, but as many will be honest. And in the end, MMR is no different than any other new pin released and owned; it's enjoyed by the majority, and in MMR's case probably even more so.

32 upvotes and counting.

It's totally different with Mmr. Stern's problems showed up AFTER people received and played the machines. Churchill claimed they would "fix" their PF problem but kept assembling and shipping machines with the faded PF for MONTHS after that. Unbelievable.

Knowing full well they would refuse to replace any of them. If you don't see the difference in ethics here I don't know what more to say.

I was a fan of the MMr project from the start as my posts show... I was hardly a "hater" (like some competing retailers may have been). I only got upset when they KEPT shipping faded PF's to customers.

You guys may think that's great business... fine. And yes MOST Mmr's were fine. I've never said otherwise.

#1120 7 years ago

All of the new clearcoat is as hard as a diamond, and just as brittle.
Its a sign if the times.
Edge protection easily solves any chipping worries. If all the raw edges are covered the diamond hard coating will outlast anything we have had in the past and also has UV inhibitors built in to resist fading of the undercoat.
I just bought a 2016 car and the dealer HEAVILY recommended clear-bra and door guard tape.
I said no but they were so serious they put it on for free. It had to do with the lack of chip resistance on the new coatings.
Basically new clearcoat can chip fairly easily on the edges, so protect the edges with mylar or steel.

This sounds believable but my TWD from a year ago has zero chipping - even in the unprotected shooter lane or outhole. I also haven't heard of chipping on the Hobbit or RZ.

I also haven't heard any of the PF restorers complaining of having to use "new" super chipping CC.

You may be correct but it would be NICE to have someone VERIFY that there is a new regulation and that all the old products from just a couple years ago are now gone off the shelf and unavailable.

Not trying to be combative... I'm genuinely interested myself. Between the MMr chipping we saw in the arcade thread and Stern's recent troubles it makes you wonder.

#1121 7 years ago

see above
Please remeber this thread is about AFMr...

Yeah - manufactured by the same people.

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Incorrect. I love my MMR and I've been helping Doug and Rick out in my spare time since I like embedded OSes. I live and work in California and I'm absolutely not on their payroll. I'm a software guy.
I collect ticket numbers because I was having fun trying to fix the date and time bug. I was being helpful. You should try it sometimes; it feels pretty good to try to help the community in a positive way.
Marc

Warning people about the MMr buyers that got stuck with faded PF's IS being positive. You going into hiding in that thread during that entire time was not.

Pretending it never happened doesn't help the community does it? That's my only point... I don't expect to scare people off as they don't want to hear it and simply want to send cash now. And yes I expect MOST (again) will be fine.

But maybe... just maybe... (spoken like Louis CK) ...they just *might* want to go slow and see how happy the first batch of owners are after they open the box? Why not a little patience after the last go-round? (crickets I know)

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Dude, use some common sense. MMR playfields, like every other pin made, were produced in batches and the problem ones were a subset of that. It went up and down over production. The problem was identified and for the number sold only a relatively small amount were identified and addressed (and maybe not perfectly, but no major manufacturer I've seen does including Stern, JJP, Heighway, etc). Stern has had even more significant pf issues and it has been over multiple titles and runs, even after it was identified. That's the inferred reason Stern has taken its time to ship replacement pf's. Fix the issue, then send it. Faded inserts, over a small run and with a fix provided, don't compare. Sorry, but Stern's issues were and remain worse.
Stern is literally still shipping GB playfields even recently with a spelling error. Don't show hipocrisy. . And I still love and will buy Stern machines as even their issues are still more the exception than the norm. BTW.... TWD rocks!

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. You keep trying to bring in other companies as if it makes Churchill seem the norm.

Knowingly shipping those faded PF's for months to customers even AFTER people had initially complained bitterly about them told me all I needed to know about the company. The "fix" (a thin piece of plastic to dim all the LED's to hide the mess) just reinforced it.

"reinforced"...hmmm Isn't that the word Stern couldn't spell?

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think he believes that you went silent when people were complaining about the print quality found on their inserts on their new MMR. Did you spend any time helping the folks with the lousy play field or just worked on the date/time bug?

I'm sure he knew what I meant

It's all good - everyone by at least now knows the history of the company (obviously a lot here didn't) and can buy with a little more insight behind them.

I'm sure most will do fine. Believe it or not I hope *everybody* does fine. AFM's a great game and if it's quality matches the earlier and later MMr's then I think people will be happy.

Now unless someone else wants to convince me that it's just dandy to keep sending out lesser-quality products to customers for months... I will bid thee all a fond farewell.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

And Stern has been even worse. Pot, kettle, black. You are literally holding PPS/CGC to a higher standard than JJP, Stern, etc. Please stop the hypocrisy.
And I would buy from all of them at this time (and expect to at some point).

Man please quit this "hypocrisy" BS. I'm hardly a defender of any of the company names you keep bandying about.

But I can say at least Stern is doing full PF swaps for their affected customers... something Chuchill wouldn't even consider for their obvious factory second PF's.

So I'll be the hypocrite (somehow) and you'll be the classic apologist...deal? So life can go on? You guys are wearing me out (which I suspect is the plan)

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Personally witnessed at least two different, non-consecutive plays of Strobe Multiball. Is the backglass supposed to darken? The DMD too? Neither of those things happened. The playfield is (of course) mostly dark during that multiball, but the three center targets were flashing on the visor. I have a brief video of it somewhere (either on phone or camcorder).

The center targets are supposed to flash so you can nail 'em. Yeah it would be nice if the backglass would also go dark during this cool mode but the original doesn't either

It would also be nice if you could earn this rather than a random award. Otherwise when you try to show it to a friend it's "wait...wait...we'll get it! I'm sure it'll happen!" And then you lose the last ball.

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Sorry, still hypocrisy. Stern did full pf swaps for only a portion of affected customers. Many ghosted inserts and pf chipping examples weren't deemed "significant enough". From Met through BM66 and now AS. Let's post this list again, which you seem to have avoided acknowledgement.
Stern recent recent history
-shipping out mis-spelled playfields (even for replacements, lol),
-a laundry list of pf fixes in two of the most recent Stern releases (GB and BM66),
-xfassa's GB pf chipping after 20 plays and being denied replacement, not a "factory second" as he describes it,
-and the many other owners with chipped recent new Stern pf's who are not "qualifying" for the program, or as he describes it again, not a "factory second",
-ridiculously early code and ridiculously late code, and
-how about the GOT orbit "fix".
And from you with recent PPS/CGC history
-faded inserts on a small batch of playfields, and for which a fix was provided.

I'm just surprised anyone would actually argue against my only point: That it's bad business ethics to keep *knowingly* shipping faded PF's to your "valued" customers knowing full well you wouldn't replace them and that those customers would have a lesser example of a great title.

No one disputes that's what happened and you want to argue that?

I really don't understand your confusing apologist tactics to be honest... for one thing I've never defended ANY of your Stern laundry list and if some people ended up with ghosted PF's and refused replacements I would say that's JUST AS BAD.

Does that make you happy? I already said this earlier anyways... but I'll keep saying it if you like.

In case you didn't notice... I'm *trying* to quit talking about this.

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Strobe Multiball isn't really a random award. It's normally the third Stroke of Luck award, at least if Tournament Mode is not enabled. (I believe there's an exception if you get Super Jets between the 2nd and 3rd SoL's.)

Well I'll know what to do next time I attempt to show it off then - thanks!

Last time I DID manage to get it going with a friend another guy then walked in (not knowing what was happening)
and then TURNED THE LIGHT ON in the room. Doh!!

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Get the 35.00 blackout mod for your wpc 95 pins especially afm.....

Yeah and I have to rewire the flipper and rear PF strips I have currently wired to 12v. Unlike the spotlights I have they obviously don't turn off with the GI for strobe multiball and they truly do their best to ruin the mood.

I hadn't played the game for a while so when I LED'ed the heck out of it I obviously didn't think that one through.

#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Sure, let's get this up and down, but don't confuse my premise. From what I've seen, the evidence easily shows that PPS/CGC did not *knowingly* ship faded PF's to valued customers, and certainly no more than Stern *knowingly* shipped bad pf's to valued customers. Where is this evidence??? The faded insert MMR PF's were made early and shipped out before they were eventually discovered, and in small enough batches that most owner's have no significant issues. As you yourself say, both earlier and later owners report no significant faded MMR inserts. I guess I find like most things in life, things aren't black and white as you appear to make it be. My "apologist" attitude may not not ideal, but it reflects reality, which is not black and white.

I assume they are not blind and have *some* quality control. But even if they didn't... the moment people started squawking about the inserts they said "we'll have a fix". This was early on... people waited for news as Churchill KEPT shipping these PF's. Then even though people groaned about the silly "fix" to hide the problem... they then KEPT shipping these PF's for months until they ran out of them or were shamed into stopping.

I was there from the start - you may not like it but it WAS "black and white". You want to muddy it up dragging in other companies and now you want to muddy up the timeline. I'd think you were a shareholder if they had them.

Like I've said repeatedly... they were good before this and good after this. I'd think my unbiased view would make you happy.

I'm perfectly happy with the hypocrite and apologist labels so I'm glad to let it go.

In fact I'm missing a shitty episode of "Bar Rescue" right now for this. Shame on you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics?tu=Manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.