(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1296 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

the other one locked in their basement on mute

eating his chicken nuggets...

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Interesting to hear everyone's opinion--some on every AFMr related thread, even people that have no intention of buying a new game or even a game from the last few decades It all helps us make informed decisions...Thanks!
Then again, maybe a little...something something..lil bit? just a lil bit?

For the record, my hatchet is for chopping wood only...

(chopping wood = playing pinball the hard way)

As for AFM: I like the game, but there are several in my area to play. Don't need one.

MMr: Was interested for a bit, but there are other games to get first... (other pins would likely have to leave first)

Rick: I've emailed him with a couple of questions over the years; first time about 3 years ago to ask about potential coding positions; recently about how much longer the'd like to make MMr. Didn't receive an answer to either email.

#403 3 years ago

so nice! what about a red trim? with the cab so red/orange, and for next up! please please please BBB, actually take that back, I would probably go after one of those LE's and be broke, neon green trim on that one with sparkles! but the AFM would have been super sweet if they had made the cab decals with greens instead of reds then those green rails would look bad to the bone and the game would be that much more special!

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

eating his chicken nuggets...

Cute basement.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I played afm on location once. Seemed so easy and not much to it. I never understood the hype. And I'm not a pro player. Just average.

One play and you're judging? It's not as tough as some games, but getting to RTU is tougher than getting to BFTK in MM. RTU itself is much easier than beating BFTK though.

The rules are pretty similar to MM and it plays faster, but I don't like it's frequent video mode and the constant SOL hole entering (front and back).

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

» YouTube video
Cute basement.

They really should have cut the wifi to the basement before this video could get out.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Give us through the end of TPF to reassess trim options.
Thanks for the feedback!

Green may well work if it was toned down a smidge..... it's just too bright lime.. darker green wouldn't clash as much.
Heck, even red might work better with the cabinet color scheme.
Black would be a winner for sure.

#408 3 years ago

Basement? The Wifi is still active.
Look up #TheNewJared hashtag

#409 3 years ago

jared is a nice guy, he made us feel at home when we visited Stern. I think his video is funny

#410 3 years ago

I am loving the old style W/B cabinet! If pricing is reasonable in Australia we may be in.

#411 3 years ago

I love that wide LCD - machine looks sick!

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I love that wide LCD - machine looks sick!

dood! good to see you

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I owned one of their Arcade Legends games and it was a top quality product. No complaints at all.

I'm sorry, but that product is garbage. The input lag is unbearable, makes games like Robotron nigh impossible to play properly.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Is there a distributor for international customers ?

There's one in Australia if that helps..

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm sorry, but that product is garbage. The input lag is unbearable, makes games like Robotron nigh impossible to play properly.

I only had it for a little while and it seemed solidly built and the games on it were much better than the emulated 50-1 machines.

However, the controls were very cramped and not very ergonomic to use so I sold it. But the games I played on it were good.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

There's one in Australia if that helps..

Ministry of Pinball is a bit closer

#417 3 years ago

I think a good idea would be to have the LE with decals with Attack From Mars letters in green along with the green rails. That way it blends with both the cab and the playfield. That would make it special and distinct from the other 2 offerings.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If I can get metallic saucers and the tri colour leds in the saucers on the classic as an upgrade ill bite

At those prices ill take 10!

Imagine if their already built.

#419 3 years ago

The green does not flow well in my opinion

#420 3 years ago

Just wanted to clarify an error I made in earlier post. There will be 1,000 LE models.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

There will be 1,000 LE models.

Do you think they will sell all those once they are made?

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Just wanted to clarify an error I made in earlier post. There will be 1,000 LE models.

1000 is limited?

#423 3 years ago

Will depend on the price I guess...

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It's always great to read level-headed, factual responses from the manufacturer or designer. It speaks volumes that they don't respond to trolling or vitriol, but rather address valid concerns.
I wish Stern would do that, too, but kudos to CGC! I hope you sell a million games.

It's because they know that's a losing battle.

If they hush the trolls, they come across as rude, "too" to the point, and dictators. They don't, and everyone starts thinking they have something to hide.

But to address questions without answering the trolls: that is the happy medium, and they know it.

Like it or not, this is going to sell well, and the prices are going to keep going up, and do you (everyone here) know why?

Because................................we.............................KEEP.........................BUYING.

It's that simple, and I'm part of the problem.

#425 3 years ago

Not really...500 seemed like a smart "magic number" to get a few people to jump off the fence. 1000 makes people say "Eh, I can wait".

#426 3 years ago

I have to imagine there are more MMR LEs at 1000 units than there are of MMR standards that have been built.

#427 3 years ago

The 1000 MMR LE's sold out around 1.5 hrs after they were officially offered.

'
'

Quoted from Rarehero:

1000 makes people say "Eh, I can wait".

And if so they are probably happy with that. Production is expected to be slow and steady.

#428 3 years ago

Either way they are taking a gamble making 1000 LEs with the two cheaper options available and all the originals still out there.

Anyway GLWS!

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anyway GLWS!

How close do you wish you were?

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

That was before we knew all the facts.

The MMRLE became the de facto standard and I'd be surprised if anyone who wanted one didn't eventually get one.

No chance in you know where the AFMr LEs sell out anywhere near that fast.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

How close do you wish you were?

I'm real close to my friends Kelly restored original. I hear he might want to sell it. Tough call on which to buy...

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That was before we knew all the facts.
The MMRLE became the de facto standard and I'd be surprised if anyone who wanted one didn't eventually get one.
No chance in you know where the AFMr LEs sell out anywhere near that fast.

I didn't say that AFMR will sell out anywhere near that fast. Probably better that they don't either because production will be slow and steady. So still, based on MMRs success and AFMR rating and popularity it sounds reasonable to me that they can sell 1000 LE's over the period they are manufactured, which will probably be a year or two. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

#433 3 years ago

I read that only the LE will have the Martians moving ??? No Sens! Already AFM is a simple game without artifice in removing the Martians moving that it remains?

For my part, I prefer by far the original to repro. I can repair the original but the surface mount impossible. I saw the MMr not for me, i passed ...

BBB is overrated for the gameplay. Beautiful machine, a collector's piece without more...

CC unless the release in CCC is worth nothing and in addition CCEE is a much better version. And who knows CC? Who will pay for this title? Several have been taken with MM. They did not know the game and were disappointed with their purchase. They bought comments and ranking.

MB, there is a license to pay and this game will cost more to build than AFM. I cann't wait to see the prices, bet that MB would be higher especially if we want the version with Frankenstein and Dracula moving ))))))

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm real close to my friends Kelly restored original. I hear he might want to sell it. Tough call on which to buy...

Yes buy the original, put Colordmd with it you sure have complete gameplay with the Martiens moving

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from rsss:

I read that only the LE will have the Martians moving ???

No way. All games will at least have all the features of the original. The LE has a moving TOPPER.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

That was 2013. Different times. Restored MMs were selling for $20,000...people hadn't lost tons of money to failed boutiques yet.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way. All games will at least have all the features of the original. The LE has a moving TOPPER.

Thank you, I'm reassured.

#438 3 years ago

I'm oblige to buy new title in surface mount cheaper quality. If have a choice between original and repro, i prefer by far the strong original machine, better quality and easy to repair.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from rsss:

Yes buy the original, put Colordmd with it you sure have complete gameplay with the Martiens moving

The one thing you can't get with the remake or even mod it so it will be like the original is lighting. I've done some LEDs myself, but am finding going back to incandescants more appealing.

In the end I like the option to be able to set it up to my own liking or change it at any time if I so desire. That option seems to be going away with every new game including this one.

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The one thing you can't get with the remake or even mod it so it will be like the original is lighting. I've done some LEDs myself, but am finding going back to incandescants more appealing.
In the end I like the option to be able to set it up to my own liking or change it at any time if I so desire. That option seems to be going away with every new game including this one.

totally agree with you

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That was 2013. Different times. Restored MMs were selling for $20,000...people hadn't lost tons of money to failed boutiques yet.

Yes. Though that does not materially change a word of what I said.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from rsss:

totally agree with you

yeah well, I'm sure there are a hand full of members on here that would be intent on calling it a troll post. I'm used to them by now. They are just like the rest of the insects or rodents in this world.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The green does not flow well in my opinion

CGC was on the right track with the green. They just needed to match the cabinet to the trim which already goes with the playfield.

All we are saying........Is give green a chance....

afm green (resized).jpg

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

CGC was on the right track with the green. They just needed to match the cabinet to the trim which already goes with the playfield.

Then you'd hear bitching that they ruined the classic logo lol ...maybe green looks OK in person. It probably looks better from the players POV since it matches the green on the playfield. Worse comes to worse if you love the LE but hate the green, you can order it with stainless and call it a day.

#445 3 years ago

AFM is a great pinball machine. GLWS

Green does look good from that perspective

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then you'd hear bitching that they ruined the classic logo lol ...maybe green looks OK in person. It probably looks better from the players POV since it matches the green on the playfield. Worse comes to worse if you love the LE but hate the green, you can order it with stainless and call it a day.

They already have 2 versions that satisfy the traditionalists. They can afford to go different on the third.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Can you do a pic with the trim changed to red?

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It's funny people actually believe that...I bought my black MMRLE 4 months before the black trim production started and was one of the first to get it......

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It's funny people actually believe that...I bought my black MMRLE 4 months before the black trim production started and was one of the first to get it......

I bought mine last week . I see a non-sequitur. It did initially sell out with pre-orders crazy fast.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can you do a pic with the trim changed to red?

Ask and ye shall receive.

afm red (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
There are 1296 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside