(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.
#351 7 years ago

If I was interested in a new pin the last thing I would do is come to Pinside to read about it. So much hate and negativity from a well-known vocal minority of members here. And not just one post, more like 10 or more from many. Sad, petty stuff.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I played afm on location once. Seemed so easy and not much to it. I never understood the hype. And I'm not a pro player. Just average.

I never really understood it either by as an owner of one now it has grown on me and I realize there is a lot more to AFM than meets the eye at first glance! If I didn't already own an AFM I would bet buying one of these remakes most likely.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I played afm on location once. Seemed so easy and not much to it. I never understood the hype. And I'm not a pro player. Just average.

Yeah, I played one on location - easy peasy, slow slings, dead rubbers.

Play one set up with new rubbers, decent pitch, waxed, good flippers and different universe!

On my second AFM and not come close to ruling the universe.

And it is the only game out of tons that wife and kids will play

#354 7 years ago

I'd consider for the right price, agree metal production at the scoop would be a good idea from the factory.

#355 7 years ago

Can't wait to play one at Allentown!

#356 7 years ago

This is so awesome. I'm glad that people are getting the chance to pick up a copy of the best pinball ever made NIB!! What a time to be in the pinball hobby. If I didn't already have one I'd have sent my deposit in already.

I much rather have one of these masterpieces than the half coded overpriced junk Stern's been peddling lately.

#357 7 years ago

Game looks really nice, that topper is sweet and the wide LCD is a really cool touch. I don't have much else to add besides agreeing that I'm not into the green. Clashes with the red. I'd personally dig a matte black or maybe a red/orange fade look. Could always just get the armor powder coated though.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

If I was interested in a new pin the last thing I would do is come to Pinside to read about it. So much hate and negativity from a well-known vocal minority of members here. And not just one post, more like 10 or more from many. Sad, petty stuff.

Yep. I always just hope I can get the info I am looking for before the insanity starts. Wish they had the prices ready with the first post, haha.

#359 7 years ago

It's always great to read level-headed, factual responses from the manufacturer or designer. It speaks volumes that they don't respond to trolling or vitriol, but rather address valid concerns.

I wish Stern would do that, too, but kudos to CGC! I hope you sell a million games.

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It's always great to read level-headed, factual responses from the manufacturer or designer. It speaks volumes that they don't respond to trolling or vitriol, but rather address valid concerns.

Oh yeah. Just like last time around. They're there when it's time to make money alright.

#361 7 years ago

There may be some negativity but IMO a lot of that is imagined. Complaining about complainers though... that seems to happen a bit

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

There may be some negativity but IMO a lot of that is imagined. Complaining about complainers though... that seems to happen a bit

Now, now, now, Complaining about people complaining about complainers. That's a lot of complaining!

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah. Just like last time around. They're there when it's time to make money alright.

Not exactly a fair statement. CGC has never really used pinside for anything other then when they need to make a mass announcement. My MMr had a switch go out early on. Went onto the webite and started my repair ticket. Got a call from CGC a few days later to make sure I had diagnosed the issue correctly and they promptly sent out a new switch. Talked with Doug at Expo the year before last and he was very approachable and extremely open with his disappointment in production delays and how long it was taking to get the preordered games shipped. Seemed like a really good person and I've heard nothing from anyone that has dealt with him that contradicts this.

Why would a company be active on pinside? They can get market feedback without ever posting a thing. Nothing good is ever going to come out of a company having a presence here. It's completely toxic for them.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not exactly a fair statement. CGC has never really used pinside for anything other then when they need to make a mass announcement.

Not a fair statement? I pay attention. Them and their cohorts PPS were there until people started having problems with their games or it came time to pony up for the color display. The only time I saw either one respond to any issues with the game is when PPS said to blame the shipping company for damage that was done in transit.

I only trust companies that are there not only to sell their product, but also to respond in a positive way, when one or more people have issues with what they have spent their hard earned money on.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

It's fun, approachable, and easy to play, but difficult to master.

#366 7 years ago

So I have been reading some of the topper criticism in all of the AFM threads and not quite sure why all the hate. I think it is pretty awesome myself. Does anyone else like the topper?

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

So I have been reading some of the topper criticism in all of the AFM threads and not quite sure why all the hate. I think it is pretty awesome myself. Does anyone else like the topper?

I do. +1

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I think it fits well...it's got an old school B/W vibe to it - like Fish Tales or Dr. Who. The martian is going to move or bounce, and the saucers look like they have lighting FX. I wonder if you can fit one of the FT/DW/WH20 plastic domes over it for the full "classic" look.

#369 7 years ago

I really need to see these in person and get a better look at the larger LCD screen. Tempted to just go classic and pay the extra for the color upgrade. Luckily TPF is next week!

#370 7 years ago

I, for one believe in voting with my dollar. Rick has proved to be a pretty shitty person to all us Pinside guys. When I bought my mmr, all pps did was bash cgc in respect to my issues. They would constantly refer me to Doug and tell me that it was his fault for this or his fault for that. Suprisingly I found Doug to be awesome and helpful. If this was a cgc and not a pps game I'd be in. Living near San Jose I'd had a handful of personal experiences with Rick and his staff and they never missed an opportunity to be rude to me directly or bash "Pinsiders." I find it amusing that so many people are clamouring to buy a game from someone who literally hates them and will publicity say so. Want to buy a nib pin from a customer service oriented company who holds themselves accountable on Pinside(the largest online gathering of collectors/players), call spooky
/endrant

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

I, for one believe in voting with my dollar. Rick has proved to be a pretty shitty person to all us Pinside guys. When I bought my mmr, all pps did was bash cgc in respect to my issues. They would constantly refer me to Doug and tell me that it was his fault for this or his fault for that. Suprisingly I found Doug to be awesome and helpful. If this was a cgc and not a pps game I'd be in. Living near San Jose I'd had a handful of personal experiences with Rick and his staff and they never missed an opportunity to be rude to me directly or bash "Pinsiders." I find it amusing that so many people are clamouring to buy a game from someone who literally hates them and will publicity say so. Want to buy a nib pin from a customer service oriented company who holds themselves accountable on Pinside(the largest online gathering of collectors/players), call spooky
/endrant

Do you blame Rick for responding to some of the pinsiders in that manner. I have spoken to both Rick and Doug and they have always been great guys to talk to. Like anyone, if you are rude then expect to get that back.

Pinside can be a cruel place to hang out in. It's the only place where you get people going out of their way to make you feel bad about your new pin purchase. It's a place where they slam a new machine that is being released as well as the company releasing it and pick the pettiest of things to dwell upon. A beautiful AFMr is released and people dwell on green trim? Lets face it, there are certain individuals that make it an art form at being rude and obnoxious for absolutely no reason at all other than to be rude and obnoxious. The Pinside purge can't come soon enough.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not a fair statement? I pay attention. Them and their cohorts PPS were there until people started having problems with their games or it came time to pony up for the color display. The only time I saw either one respond to any issues with the game is when PPS said to blame the shipping company for damage that was done in transit.
I only trust companies that are there not only to sell their product, but also to respond in a positive way, when one or more people have issues with what they have spent their hard earned money on.

lol. Says the owner of batman66.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Do you blame Rick for responding to some of the pinsiders in that manner. I have spoken to both Rick and Doug and they have always been great guys to talk to. Like anyone, if you are rude then expect to get that back.
Pinside can be a cruel place to hang out in. It's the only place where you get people going out of their way to make you feel bad about your new pin purchase. It's a place where they slam a new machine that is being released as well as the company releasing it and pick the pettiest of things to dwell upon. A beautiful AFMr is released and people dwell on green trim? Lets face it, there are certain individuals that make it an art form at being rude and obnoxious for absolutely no reason at all other than to be rude and obnoxious. The Pinside purge can't come soon enough.

Pardon me while I grab my rose colored diffuser.

#374 7 years ago

Your inference is that I was rude and that they were rude back but that's not how the interaction went. Last interaction with Rick was me showing up in Campbell to pick up an item they "forgot" to ship me. When I showed up after calling and letting them know I was coming by, Rick told me he was too busy to look for my item and slammed the door in my face. That was the whole of our interaction. I literally didn't even have a chance to be rude. Rick is a business owner and needs to deal with customers with a certain level of respect, he tends to forget that. Don't believe me? Just look up his post history here

#375 7 years ago

Lets face it, there are certain individuals that make it an art form at being rude and obnoxious for absolutely no reason at all other than to be rude and obnoxious. The Pinside purge can't come soon enough.

Agreed, #purgerick

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Pardon me while I grab my rose colored diffuser.

You're excused, now go get your glasses.

Quoted from Damon:

Your inference is that I was rude and that they were rude back but that's not how the interaction went. Last interaction with Rick was me showing up in Campbell to pick up an item they "forgot" to ship me. When I showed up after calling and letting them know I was coming by, Rick told me he was too busy to look for my item and slammed the door in my face. That was the whole of our interaction. I literally didn't even have a chance to be rude. Rick is a business owner and needs to deal with customers with a certain level of respect, he tends to forget that. Don't believe me? Just look up his post history here

If that happened then that really sucks, he should have handled it better than that. I wonder what happened to him that day. Maybe he had a bad day?

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

lol. Says the owner of batman66.

And what does that mean? I didn't see Stern come on here selling games and then bailing at the first sign of trouble.

And my experience with that company so far, is they take care of problems, even some not under warranty, including replacing playfields at no charge.

#378 7 years ago

If that happened then that really sucks, he should have handled it better than that. I wonder what happened to him that day. Maybe he had a bad day?

Seems to be a very normal occurrence with him, other northern cali collectors are more than welcome to chime in and disagree if they feel like I'm painting an unfair picture of what he's like. It seems, however, most of the people that stick up for Rick haven't actually ever met him. I've had other issues with both him and Sarah, this was just one example, believe me, I have more.

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And my experience with that company so far, is they take care of problems, even some not under warranty, including replacing
playfields at no charge.

Only issue I've ever had with stern was responded to by Gary stern and john bascugoli (spelling?) in a professional and curtious manner. i have 20 plus sterns and minus the recent missteps with kpgs playfield I can't think of a time they didn't at least acknowledge problems. They've certainly never gotten on pinside and started actively bashing pinsiders at least so they have that on pps

#380 7 years ago

Pinball is fun, and pinball is people!

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And what does that mean? I didn't see Stern come on here selling games and then bailing at the first sign of trouble.
And my experience with that company so far, is they take care of problems, even some not under warranty, including replacing
playfields at no charge.

It is funny that you think that replacing defective playfields, is going above and beyond.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And my experience with that company so far, is they take care of problems, even some not under warranty, including replacing playfields at no charge.

Yes, Stern reps were never on Pinside then left.

Lots of people have experience with PPS that is good, and a few bad. Just like Stern.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

They've certainly never gotten on pinside and started actively bashing pinsiders at least so they have that on pps

No but employees have done it on web streams.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

i have 20 plus sterns and minus the recent missteps with kpgs playfield I can't think of a time they didn't at least acknowledge problems

Sometimes it takes time for sure, but they usually come thru.

If I was one of those that paid $8000 for a remake marketed as a collectors item for high end collectors and waited two years for it, I would have really been pissed off if they had sent me slingshot kits or diffusers as the only way to address a playfield that was defective or damaged by no fault of my own.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was one of those that paid $8000 for a remake marketed as a collectors item for high end collectors and waited two years for it, I would have really been pissed off if they had sent me slingshot kits or diffusers as the only way to address a playfield that was defective or damaged by no fault of my own.

Slings damaged my playfield, their response was basically "tough shit call cgc"

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes it takes time for sure, but they usually come thru.

Not defending PPS for anything but sending a buyer clear and a brush for shooter lane chipping on a new game is pretty much the same thing.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

It is funny that you think that replacing defective playfields, is going above and beyond.

Going above and beyond what these guys seemed willing to do.

#388 7 years ago

Not defending PPS for anything but sending a buyer clear and a brush for shooter lane chipping on a new game is pretty much the same thing.

Completely 100 percent agree, not a stern fan boy or anything, if that's what stern is doing these days perhaps we should all boycott. I just believe if I'm buying a 5 to 10k luxury item I don't really need that there is a certain level of customer service that should be expected. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another luxury item where customers are treated so poorly

#389 7 years ago

The big lcd looks cool! Love that topper..
The green trim sucks.. Should be red or black glossy.
Either way these prices are ridiculous.. pass.

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Completely 100 percent agree, not a stern fan boy or anything, if that's what stern is doing these days perhaps we should all boycott. I just believe if I'm buying a 5 to 10k luxury item I don't really need that there is a certain level of customer service that should be expected. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another luxury item where customers are treated so poorly

Oh I completely agree.

#391 7 years ago

sending a buyer clear and a brush for shooter lane chipping on a new game is pretty much the same thing.

Wonder where they got the idea.

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

The big lcd looks cool! Love that topper..
The green trim sucks.. Should be red or black glossy.
Either way these prices are ridiculous.. pass.

Have they released official pricing yet?

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wonder where they got the idea.

Stern is suppose to show people how it is done.

They are the big boys. However, they haven't shown that in the past few years, with QC issues and a lack of communication.

#394 7 years ago

Pic of some boards....FB_IMG_1489692165745 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1489692165745 (resized).jpg

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pic of some boards....

That's interesting...does this new board in the backbox mean there aren't boards under the playfield anymore? Just light boards, maybe?

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What exactly is your experience with CGC? Or do you have any at all? You bashed away at stern and their playfields, art, themes, QC, etc relentlessly until they made something you wanted.

If you think stern didn't come on here trying to build a sales presence then quickly bail you obviously are not paying attention.

#397 7 years ago

They are the big boys. However, they haven't shown that in the past few years, with QC issues and a lack of communication.

Agreed. There seems to be a lot of that going on these days. Sorry to interrupt this happy thread.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What exactly is your experience with CGC? Or do you have any at all?

I owned one of their Arcade Legends games and it was a top quality product. No complaints at all. The only point I'm trying to make is if you use this forum to sell anything, how bout stick around and address people's issues and concerns after the games are delivered. Didn't happen with the last one. That's all.

#399 7 years ago

Interesting to hear everyone's opinion--some on every AFMr related thread, even people that have no intention of buying a new game or even a game from the last few decades It all helps us make informed decisions...Thanks!

Then again, maybe a little...something something..lil bit? just a lil bit?

AxGrind (resized).jpgAxGrind (resized).jpg

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I owned one of their Arcade Legends games and it was a top quality product. No complaints at all. The only point I'm trying to make is if you use this forum to sell anything, how bout stick around and address people's issues and concerns after the games are delivered. Didn't happen with the last one. That's all.

Fair enough. Just don't go looking for Jared. One is in prison and stern has the other one locked in their basement on mute.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.