(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

My guess
$6,999 classic
$7,999 SE
$8,999 LE

My guess:
Classic - too damn much
SE - way too damn much
LE - whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?

#152 7 years ago

Pics are nice... price ultimately dictates what will happen with this pin.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So the jumbo screen...is it gonna be like when you parents can't figure out how to work the aspect ratio? Are the aliens all going to appear to be short and fat?

DMD's are long and wide...the jumbo looks to be the same aspect ratio.

Looking at the pics again - I'll say this about the green trim...it matches the green color that's on the playfield...so, there's that...it's not a total mismatch.

If I were a customer, I'd probably go with the "Special Edition", as I like the big screen and some of the extras. Hopefully you could buy a lit saucer kit to get the fully lit saucers of the LE, as I like that feature as well.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Is Stern assembling these games?

No. CGC built an assembly line to make these.

LTG : )

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Sorry, but just like when MMr came out if you own an original you are not allowed to comment on the re-make, and if you do you will be called a Troll.

there have been lots of owners of an original commenting in this thread. maybe it depends what you say?

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

MBR ain't happening!

Well, not today.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing-

$8,999 classic
$10,999 SE
$14,999 LE

Guessing too high.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I would say because of too much licensing.

One license, Universal. Who seem to be easy to work with.

#159 7 years ago

$6500.
$8000.
$10,000.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm looking forward to seeing the eight different versions of the next remake.

MBr Standard
MBr LE - six different, once for each monster
MBr Ultimate Monster (Rick) edition

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What am I missing?

A chance to have a brand new game that isn't 20 years old.

Great for pinball. Great for AFM fans. May not be for everybody, but these will sell well.

#162 7 years ago

I own an original and I'm perfectly fine with them doing a remake. It's a great game and the more out there, especially on location, the better for everyone.

The LE is super uggo though.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I suspect by TPF... a large number of us will be very disappointed in the pricing.

No.

Quoted from Zitt:

Its really the only reason why they didn't provided pricing with the hype train in my opinion.

PPS/CGC didn't make this announcement.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great for pinball. Great for AFM fans. May not be for everybody, but these will sell well.

Yup. If I was in the market for a NIB game, this might be the most attractive. Timeless theme, known and beloved classic gameplay, COMPLETE CODE. Price compared to other options will probably be the ultimate factor on how well it sells.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remakes are known quantities too, code, quality and gamewise. They typically won't need as much tweaking, adjusting or plain old fixing as the new theme new releases. Proven machines and highly rated. I wouldn't even consider touching Alien until late summer 2018, and hopefully they aren't still shipping out preorders like JJP, lol.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. If I was in the market for a NIB game, this might be the most attractive. Timeless theme, known and beloved classic gameplay, COMPLETE CODE.

Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, charging for the color update was a greedy dick move for short term dollars while ignoring the long-game value of customer loyalty. They got my $200, but will forfeit future thousands. I was also considering buying some of those 3D translites...but decided to close my wallet.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

DMD's are long and wide...the jumbo looks to be the same aspect ratio.
Looking at the pics again - I'll say this about the green trim...it matches the green color that's on the playfield...so, there's that...it's not a total mismatch.
If I were a customer, I'd probably go with the "Special Edition", as I like the big screen and some of the extras. Hopefully you could buy a lit saucer kit to get the fully lit saucers of the LE, as I like that feature as well.

agreed. I liked all the saucers being lit with color changing LEDs. In the video, it looks like that's only on the LE. On the SE, just the main saucer has color changing LEDs. I hope that could be added to the SE.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I own an original and I'm perfectly fine with them doing a remake. It's a great game and the more out there, especially on location, the better for everyone.
The LE is super uggo though.

I'm fine with a remake too but remember what we learned about Churchill being fully in charge with MMr... you WILL keep what comes in the box no matter what.

A whole lot of MMr customers got stuck with factory second faded insert PF's and now have a machine worth less than the next customer. I know I wouldn't buy one with the faded inserts on the secondary market.

I won't mount some vocal campaign about it this time as if people didn't learn all they needed to know about this company LAST time... well it's hopeless.

But good luck to everybody regardless... (not sarcasm)

#169 7 years ago

Price the classic like a Stern Pro and one will come to the cafe for sure.

#170 7 years ago

The green trim looks better from the side IMO.

#171 7 years ago

Excited to see this rebooted for sure.
Some of those upgrades are pretty sweet looking.
The green trim tho..... man, not a good choice, makes me want to pass on the LE.

#172 7 years ago

Wonder if the warranty will cover any premature playfield clearcoat or wear issues.

wear (resized).jpgwear (resized).jpg

#173 7 years ago

Got to agree that the green trim is hideous. Gloss black would be so much better on an LE.

Building them in house doesn't give me warm fuzzies. Will have to see the prices to see if an AFMr discussion is even entertained in my house though...

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wonder if the warranty will cover any premature playfield clearcoat or wear issues.

that area needs a cliffy for sure, but even without, shouldn't be chipping quite like that.. typically they would just wear down

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow my original reimport looks better lol..... these new thick clearcoats look great but sure do chip around edges easily....

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

these new thick clearcoats look great but sure do chip around edges easily....

it's a random "original" afm pic isn't it? Not one of the remakes...

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Source of picture? Is this on a remake?

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Is this on a remake?

no ...?? Can't be already

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

yes, that is on a brand new remake. From the industry show in TX today.

Pic from RD

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I dunno ..just saying while any new clearcoat looks great and thick...they all seem to chip around edges rather easily.... look at the new sterns and mmr .

#182 7 years ago

OutRAGEous!

Outrage (resized).jpgOutrage (resized).jpg

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, that is on a brand new remake. From the industry show in TX today.
Pic from RD

Well there u go.... yes new one

#184 7 years ago

Holy shit... what a pile of junk... lime green junk...

#185 7 years ago

Wait till you see the scoops at the end of the show... they will be chipped away. It sld have mantis or cliffys from factory imo.... like stern is doing now.

#186 7 years ago

Not sure, but didn't the originals have a slightly beveled edge around those holes? Not seeing it on this remake. A cliffy or mantis might prevent further chipping in that spot but makes me wonder about the longevity of the rest of the playfield.

Were all the replacement MMR playfields they sent out any better?

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure, but didn't the originals have a slightly beveled edge around those holes?

No. And like the original, that spot needs a Cliffy.

#188 7 years ago

Does Cliffy make a full play field protector?

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And like the original, that spot needs a Cliffy.

Looks that way. The original had to go near 15 years without one. Imagine this one 15 years without one.

#190 7 years ago

The Mantis protector is better for that scoop.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The original had to go near 15 years without one.

Way quicker than that. Balls kicking out and rolling in ( which was the main wear issue on MB's kickout ) showed up right away on my AFM with the diamond plate chipping.

#192 7 years ago

Man I wish this clear coat issue would get resolved!

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Man I wish this clear coat issue would get resolved!

It will if buyers stop buying but since many will SEND MONEY NOW! why should any of these issues get resolved?

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Way quicker than that. Balls kicking out and rolling in ( which was the main wear issue on MB's kickout ) showed up right away on my AFM with the diamond plate chipping.

While i agree .. this newer thick clear seems to chip at edges really really easily and breaks off in pieces with art work.... as to where the older games it just gradually wore down slowly over time. This is a known wear area on afm as is in front of drop target bank and scoop behind mothership. Some sort og protection sld be there from factory imo....

#195 7 years ago

Im really curious how they went about doing the strobe as its a huge part of afm.....

#197 7 years ago

I think they would sell like hotcakes if they came in at $6500 for a standard. That price being below the current Stern premium price makes me think its not going to happen.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im really curious how they went about doing the strobe as its a huge part of afm.....

I imagine an LED can replicate that strobe effect.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

I think they would sell like hotcakes if they came in at $6500 for a standard. That price being below the current Stern premium price makes me think its not going to happen.

Curious to see what the pricing is on these, if they price the standard below a Stern Premium that will make it very hard to pass up.

It would also be good to see them adopt a similar model to Heighway, by offering LE buyers the usual LE exclusivity, while offering up the LED saucers and blingy extras as additional kits, be a way for them to keep overall game costs a touch lower offsetting it against "extras" like Heighways model.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

$6500.
$8000.
$10,000.

Sensible from a customer perspective. But we know just how sensible this hobby is from a business standpoint, right? Add 1.5K to all of those and you'd be closer IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.