(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1296 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

So is it confirmed that AFMr will ship with the 'cliffy' protectors at the two scoops? All versions of the game?

No one knows but it was mentioned that some kind of protector will be on at least the front of the scoop on the le. If i were a afmr preorder buyer i wld go ahead and order the motorized drop target bank protector and the mothership drop target /scoop protector as that area gets beat up even on originals. I cld see the new thick clearcoat just chipping away in them areas rather quickly.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No one knows but it was mentioned that some kind of protector will be on at least the front of the scoop on the le. If i were a afmr preorder buyer i wld go ahead and order the motorized drop target bank protector and the mothership drop target /scoop protector as that area gets beat up even on originals. I cld see the new thick clearcoat just chipping away in them areas rather quickly.

This one?

http://cliffysprotectors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=11&zenid=3u2jpa5h938oau0eaavaocc5d6

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

unlikely. a BK machine is better than NIB. I don't see them dropping in price.
A standard player's quality sure... but not a recently BK restored AFM.

Exactly. This is what I've been saying all along. If you have a fully restored game...and I mean FULLY restored to a "better than factory" state, I'm not sure how that's not more desirable to people who value originals over remakes. And there's not many that are that nice out there.

#1254 2 years ago

Earlier this year, a BK full restore AFM with lots of mods was up for sale here asking $11k, for two weeks.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

$11k, for two weeks.

10k by Christmas

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Earlier this year, a BK full restore AFM with lots of mods was up for sale here asking $11k, for two weeks.

I'm pretty sure it sold for around 9k when it did.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm pretty sure it sold for around 9k when it did.

If we are talking about Bronco's game I'm pretty sure it sold for more that 9k.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If we are talking about Bronco's game I'm pretty sure it sold for more that 9k.

Yea that thing was amazing to say the least....

2 weeks later
#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well of course you'd get screwed with something like that. I would think you could still find nice originals being sold by private sellers floating around out there. And what they are asking is not what they are going to get... you negotiate. You have to be patient... watch Mr Pinball, all that stuff.
In the old days that's what we called the "thrill of the chase"

By "In the old days" did you mean back before one idiot sold his machine for 3 times what it was worth. And someone else saw an idiot buy and so that idiot did the same thing and baited another idiot and eventually the entire market overpriced their old pins to a point to where they are the same price as a brand new car?

Those old days?

I hope they remake every single pin in existence and flood the market. So maybe eventually people will stop thinking they own gold bars and then some of us can actually get some pins in our collections without selling our kids and organs to afford them. It has gotten rather ridiculous in the last decade. Inflation is one thing... but pinball inflation jumped 100 years worth.

And I get supply and demand, but I assure you eventually the demand will slow. All hobbies have periods where they are hot commodities. I just wouldn't want to be the one who bought that 10k machine right before they start plummeting in price.

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from g0nz0:

By "In the old days" did you mean back before one idiot sold his machine for 3 times what it was worth. And someone else saw an idiot buy and so that idiot did the same thing and baited another idiot and eventually the entire market overpriced their old pins to a point to where they are the same price as a brand new car?
Those old days?
I hope they remake every single pin in existence and flood the market. So maybe eventually people will stop thinking they own gold bars and then some of us can actually get some pins in our collections without selling our kids and organs to afford them. It has gotten rather ridiculous in the last decade. Inflation is one thing... but pinball inflation jumped 100 years worth.
And I get supply and demand, but I assure you eventually the demand will slow. All hobbies have periods where they are hot commodities. I just wouldn't want to be the one who bought that 10k machine right before they start plummeting in price.

Nope, Those "old days" was when no one wanted a pinball machine(2000-2010) and you could go buy a pinball of your local operator, they were giving them away.... WH2O $1.5k, JY $1.8k TOM $2.4k ToTAN $1k ect..ect

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from g0nz0:

That's just supply and demand at work. Willing buyers and willing sellers create the "market price." "Overpriced" just means you disagree with the current price consensus, which is fair enough. If another other potential buyers join you on the sidelines, prices will come down. If not, at least you'll keep your kids and organs intact.

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Nope, Those "old days" was when no one wanted a pinball machine(2000-2010) and you could go buy a pinball of your local operator, they were giving them away.... WH2O $1.5k, JY $1.8k TOM $2.4k ToTAN $1k ect..ect

The good old days

I got IJ & CFTBL for $3,800. $1,100 JP. $2,000 TZ and not one but two TAF for under $2k

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

That is actually around the time I originally wanted one and saw those prices. Then I got older, finally had some means to buy one and came back to notice the insane price change.

I feel bad for those holding a 7k pin when the demand drops and the trend dies down.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's just supply and demand at work. Willing buyers and willing sellers create the "market price." "Overpriced" just means you disagree with the current price consensus, which is fair enough. If another other potential buyers join you on the sidelines, prices will come down. If not, at least you'll keep your kids and organs intact.

I've always seen "market" price and "hype" price as seperate. I buy and sell old retro consoles. It seems every 5 years or so original Nes's go from 30 bucks to 150. Sometimes trends pick up and create "artificial" prices. I personally believe these high prices will scare a lot of new pinheads from even getting into the hobby.

Then demand will fall and the more realistic "market" price will return. That is the reason I can't buy anything at the moment. One I can't afford them and two if I could I wouldn't. I don't want a pin I have to take a loss on later to flip.

I just hope it drops soon so I can enjoy the hobby like those who got in early get to enjoy.

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from g0nz0:

I don't want a pin I have to take a loss on later to flip.

Pinball for financial investment purposes is not a good idea.
Pinball as an investment in an amazing hobby, and in fun is where its at, IMHO...

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from g0nz0:

I've always seen "market" price and "hype" price as seperate. I buy and sell old retro consoles. It seems every 5 years or so original Nes's go from 30 bucks to 150. Sometimes trends pick up and create "artificial" prices. I personally believe these high prices will scare a lot of new pinheads from even getting into the hobby.
Then demand will fall and the more realistic "market" price will return. That is the reason I can't buy anything at the moment. One I can't afford them and two if I could I wouldn't. I don't want a pin I have to take a loss on later to flip.
I just hope it drops soon so I can enjoy the hobby like those who got in early get to enjoy.

Still just seems like simple supply and demand to me, I'm not sure what "artificial/hype" prices mean other than prices higher than what they were at some arbitrary point in the past that you're thinking back to. Isn't it more accurate to say that "market" prices fluctuate in any market, and pinball is in an extended upswing now, which you believe is unsustainable? It could be a result of many more people getting interested in pinball ownership over the past few years (count me among them), or maybe it's the same old buyers engaging in speculation buying, but either way prices are up because demand is up. If you're right and higher prices drive people away from the hobby, that should self correct and prices should come down as demand falls.

Until then, pinball ownership remains a relatively rich man's game. Luckily, unlike with stamps or bottle caps, you can fully enjoy pinball at the local arcade or a fellow pinhead's house for a handful of quarters or a six pack of beer. What a great hobby!

#1267 1 year ago

off subject, but what does a new in package Bill Ung mod kit go for? Are they still avail?

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

off subject, but what does a new in package Bill Ung mod kit go for? Are they still avail?

http://www.ufopinball.com/

Looks like he's still selling them. 205 shipped to the US.

1 week later
#1269 1 year ago

Does anyone have an idea as to when CGC might be fulfilling orders? My local shop said that they're expecting shipment this summer, but I'm highly doubting that. Just curious if anyone has a rough idea.

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone have an idea as to when CGC might be fulfilling orders? My local shop said that they're expecting shipment this summer, but I'm highly doubting that. Just curious if anyone has a rough idea.

CGC posted an update:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update

#1271 1 year ago

So CGC will be giving reseller an estimated date come June, but from there, how long do you guys think it will take to actually start shipping them out to the shops? I'm actually hoping that this is further out, as I have a pin to sell before acquiring AFM that I'm in no rush to do that.

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm actually hoping that this is further out, as I have a pin to sell before acquiring AFM that I'm in no rush to do that.

I'm guessing you will be very happy with the delivery date then. With setting up a new line from scratch folks are going to be expecting the same delivery timetables that they saw with MMr and I'm doubtful that will happen, at least at the beginning.

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

I'm guessing you will be very happy with the delivery date then. With setting up a new line from scratch folks are going to be expecting the same delivery timetables that they saw with MMr and I'm doubtful that will happen, at least at the beginning.

Good, this will give you time to keep saving toward the $20 you'll owe me when they actually start shipping this baby!

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So CGC will be giving reseller an estimated date come June, but from there, how long do you guys think it will take to actually start shipping them out to the shops?

They'll be rolling by then, as in games coming down the line. So they'll be able to let resellers know when they games they ordered will arrive.

If you looked at the pictures, you saw games on the line. It takes a little bit to train new people, check every part and be sure it is assembled right. They'll be picking up speed as they go.

LTG : )

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

They'll be rolling by then, as in games coming down the line. So they'll be able to let resellers know when they games they ordered will arrive.
If you looked at the pictures, you saw games on the line. It takes a little bit to train new people, check every part and be sure it is assembled right. They'll be picking up speed as they go.
LTG : )

Sweet! As I mentioned to you in my PM, you've definitely got my attention with these awesome remakes

#1276 1 year ago

really hoping to see CGC hit the ground running on their own assembly line showing that it can be done with the right organisation and leadership

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good, this will give you time to keep saving toward the $20 you'll owe me when they actually start shipping this baby!

So what exactly was our bet? I will pay up if I made one, I don't think I remember saying AFMr wouldn't happen. I just don't believe they are going to roll as quickly as people will expect them to. But I would love to be wrong, maybe setting up a pinball factory is easier now than it has been in the past?

I look forward to the day that Chicago Gaming gets all these A List titles out of the way, and can then lower their price and build me my FHr for about $4500.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

So what exactly was our bet? I will pay up if I made one, I don't think I remember saying AFMr wouldn't happen. I just don't believe they are going to roll as quickly as people will expect them to. But I would love to be wrong, maybe setting up a pinball factory is easier now than it has been in the past?
I look forward to the day that Chicago Gaming gets all these A List titles out of the way, and can then lower their price and build me my FHr for about $4500.

A FHr with super size color DMD!!!! I'd like that.

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

We bet on MSRP (no payment due unless/until games actually ship): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/52#post-2133981

#1280 1 year ago

Yep, that appears to be my fumbling fingers. Well as soon as these ship which I'm sure they will I will take care of you. You'll have to at least let me know what you did with your winnings.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

Yep, that appears to be my fumbling fingers. Well as soon as these ship which I'm sure they will I will take care of you. You'll have to at least let me know what you did with your winnings.

The results of the bet are a little ambiguous though...

- I'm in for $20 for MSRP for XXrLE #2 being at least $7995!

AFMrLE MSRP is $7999 isn't it? The classic and SE are below $7995 though.

1 week later
#1282 1 year ago

I have to say that the green trim in person looks great. I have to eat crow as the reveal I was like "What are they thinking?". Everything about the remake is awesome to me! The large Screen, the lighted speaker panels. WOW! I wish the machine at PAGG had the topper on it as I wish to see that in person. My only little tiny complaint is strobe multi ball but I am sure this could be fixed.

#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from T7:

The results of the bet are a little ambiguous though...
- I'm in for $20 for MSRP for XXrLE #2 being at least $7995!
AFMrLE MSRP is $7999 isn't it? The classic and SE are below $7995 though.

Fair point!

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

My only little tiny complaint is strobe multi ball but I am sure this could be fixed.

Can you elaborate? This may have been discussed, so apologies...

Is it just a white, bright, LED flasher?

#1285 1 year ago

So am I off the hook? If so I plan on going nuts with that $20 windfall on this holiday weekend...

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes - in the original it's an actual strobe light flasher. But a mod could be made to improve this, and make it more of a true strobe light (extra bright) flash.

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

So am I off the hook? If so I plan on going nuts with that $20 windfall on this holiday weekend...

Yep, looking back at the posts we were clearly talking about different things, so the bet's off! With beer prices these days that $20 should be good for a six pack and a bag of chips.

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from T7:

Yes - in the original it's an actual strobe light flasher. But a mod could be made to improve this, and make it more of a true strobe light (extra bright) flash.

Ok. I used to have an AFM - the pinbits strobe was awesome! Spent 3yrs restoring that one - then sold it for TWDLE...

#1289 1 year ago

Its very dim and looks to just b a 3 led strip facing down under the ship area. Its has very little light spead past the mother ship area.

#1290 1 year ago

Doug from CGC did state in the other thread that they've added to the software which now allows the backbox lighting to be turned off during strobe multiball. That may help a bit?

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Doug from CGC did state in the other thread that they've added to the software which now allows the backbox lighting to be turned off during strobe multiball. That may help a bit?

Not the issue as the one i saw/ played it on had backbox lights off and it was still very dim and almost unnoticeable. Im sure it will be easily modded to make it better but man the high voltage strobe on the original is pretty sweet especially in a dark room.

#1292 1 year ago

The flashing is not bright which is surprising as some of the LED's in some games blind you. If I recall they were not white but amber also.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The flashing is not bright which is surprising as some of the LED's in some games blind you. If I recall they were not white but amber also.

I'm really suprised that they let this through. I would think the folks that are testing these would have taken notice to the strobe light being inadequate and made some adjustments. Either way, if mine sucks, I will be putting in a better flasher.

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm really suprised that they let this through. I would think the folks that are testing these would have taken notice to the strobe light being inadequate and made some adjustments. Either way, if mine sucks, I will be putting in a better flasher.

Maybe it will be fixed on production pins. I think just mounting it differently cld make a big difference.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe it will be fixed on production pins. I think just mounting it differently cld make a big difference.

True. However, I would rather the strobe light be cool vs warm. I get they are trying to emulate the original flasher. But for the LE, what's the point of keeping to the original since we have an extra large color display, color changing saucer LED's, topper. It's not really going to be like the stock original anyway.

#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

True. However, I would rather the strobe light be cool vs warm. I get they are trying to emulate the original flasher. But for the LE, what's the point of keeping to the original since we have an extra large color display, color changing saucer LED's, topper. It's not really going to be like the stock original anyway.

The one i saw was more cool white than warm but just not intense and not spreading the light well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 248.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Prairie Village, KS
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 239.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 3.70
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 79.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1296 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside