(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 26.
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Sure, let's get this up and down, but don't confuse my premise. From what I've seen, the evidence easily shows that PPS/CGC did not *knowingly* ship faded PF's to valued customers, and certainly no more than Stern *knowingly* shipped bad pf's to valued customers. Where is this evidence??? The faded insert MMR PF's were made early and shipped out before they were eventually discovered, and in small enough batches that most owner's have no significant issues. As you yourself say, both earlier and later owners report no significant faded MMR inserts. I guess I find like most things in life, things aren't black and white as you appear to make it be. My "apologist" attitude may not not ideal, but it reflects reality, which is not black and white.

I assume they are not blind and have *some* quality control. But even if they didn't... the moment people started squawking about the inserts they said "we'll have a fix". This was early on... people waited for news as Churchill KEPT shipping these PF's. Then even though people groaned about the silly "fix" to hide the problem... they then KEPT shipping these PF's for months until they ran out of them or were shamed into stopping.

I was there from the start - you may not like it but it WAS "black and white". You want to muddy it up dragging in other companies and now you want to muddy up the timeline. I'd think you were a shareholder if they had them.

Like I've said repeatedly... they were good before this and good after this. I'd think my unbiased view would make you happy.

I'm perfectly happy with the hypocrite and apologist labels so I'm glad to let it go.

In fact I'm missing a shitty episode of "Bar Rescue" right now for this. Shame on you

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I assume they are not blind and have *some* quality control. But even if they didn't... the moment people started squawking about the inserts they said "we'll have a fix". This was early on... people waited for news as [they] KEPT shipping these PF's. Then even though people groaned about the silly "fix" to hide the problem... they then KEPT shipping these PF's for months until they ran out of them or were shamed into stopping.

This sounds like Stern, except it seems that Stern has kept it up for over a year at this point, and on worse issues as well. Where have you been on the recent AS, BM66, GB, SMVE, GOT, Met, etc. threads? No repeated warnings for their issues as well?

All the major manufacturers have made some nice pins, as well as having some issues within production at times. Look at the forest, not just a tree.

I'm missing a good movie right now... shame on you.

Sorry for harping. Get to that show or something better!

#1153 7 years ago

FUN! is taking orders NOW, ATTACK FROM MARS REMAKE is NOW available to order :
- Classic Edition : $ 6,499
Standard sized Color LCD score display, that can be set to any single color, can be upgraded to Full Color DMD for additional cost. All LED lighting throughout machine. Stainless steel cabinet trim. Shaker motor can be added at additional cost. Includes 6 month electronics warranty & 3 month mechanical warranty. $ 250 Deposit.
- Special Edition : $ 7,299
Extra large FULL Color LCD score display, Enhanced Sound System, Metallic Saucers, Tri-color LED on main saucer, stainless steel cabinet trim, multicolored backbox speakers, and shaker motor included. Includes 12 month electronics warranty & 6 month mechanical warranty. $ 250 Deposit
- Limited Edition (1000 units total) : $ 7,999
***We are almost sold out of LE's, a few remaining. Don't delay***
Extra large FULL Color LCD score display, Enhanced Sound System, Metallic Saucers, and Tri-color LEDs on ALL saucers. Cabinet trim options are : Black, Martian Green, and Stainless Steel. Cabinet mirror blades, multicolored backbox speakers, and shaker motor included. Custom designed Interactive mechanical martian topper designed by AFM artist Doug Watson. Martian moves up and down, his eyes light up, and multicolored Leds around topper. Numbered LE Medallion. Includes 24 month electronics warranty & 12 month mechanical warranty. $ 1,000 Deposit
* Original MMR LE owners can request the same LE#, at no additional charge. However order and number request must be submitted by April 14th.
* No additional monies due until games are ready to ship from factory.
* Shipping cost is additional.
* TX residents pay TX sales tax and is additional.
* Games to begin shipping early May.
Contact Craig Hassell at [email protected] to order.

#1154 7 years ago

This has been asked in this thread and no would be buyers haven't answered: is there a street price on these games or are they being sold across the board at MSRP? PM me if you aren't comfortable answering in thread!

#1155 7 years ago

MSRP is all I could find at the show.

#1156 7 years ago

MSRP is all you'll find right now, while demand is high. I suspect that you won't find lower prices until distributors have some inventory, and have an incentive to sell below MSRP.

#1157 7 years ago

This price is MAP. (Minimum advertised price). Not msrp. There is absolutely no reason for any distributor to sell for any less. I think CGC knocked it out of the park with the pricing of these titles. Per distributor agreement any distributor that is selling for less, their will be consequences. From a distributor stand point why sell yourself short? These games are selling themselves and a priced right. No other pinball manufacturer is offering as much for a brand new LE at this price point. So many were expecting $9500+ on the LE before pricing was announced and CGC came in so much better.

#1158 7 years ago

Hasslecastle, LE 's are almost sold out? Seems hard to believe. Or is it that you are almost sold out of the allotment you were given.

#1159 7 years ago

Big day, joined Pinside and put a deposit down on an LE. Thanks to all who posted in this thread. It helped me make the leap!

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

There is absolutely no reason for any distributor to sell for any less.

maybe not right this moment when hype is high, but they have every reason to be competitive and offer deals to bring in the non-hype customers.

I have to imagine with so many great options out their, cost is a big factor in any pinheads purchase.

#1161 7 years ago

How is the clearcoat finish on the this remake? Is it comparable to MMr or does it dimple like recent sterns?

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

This price is MAP. (Minimum advertised price). Not msrp. There is absolutely no reason for any distributor to sell for any less. I think CGC knocked it out of the park with the pricing of these titles. Per distributor agreement any distributor that is selling for less, their will be consequences. From a distributor stand point why sell yourself short? These games are selling themselves and a priced right. No other pinball manufacturer is offering as much for a brand new LE at this price point. So many were expecting $9500+ on the LE before pricing was announced and CGC came in so much better.

Can you get a MMr under the advertised price? It was announced years ago and been in production for a while now.

#1163 7 years ago

Please have in mind the AFMr's that we're at the Amoa Show and TPF we're prototype games. Stroke of luck hole wear has been addressed and all variations of AFMr production models will have a cliffy type of protector installed on them. Besides the edge wear that was seen on the classic AFMr model. The other models did not exhibit this issue and clearcoat other wise looked fine without issue.

Correct we are almost sold out of our allotment. However speaking with other fellow distributors at TPF we were having no problems selling the LE's from our allotment. Was informed by CGC while at the show that some distributors have already sold out.

Bottom line they will sell out. I'm impressed with the models myself, especially all the bells and whistles on the LE. I'm looking to make room for one in my personal gameroom at home.

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they have every reason to be competitive and offer deals to bring in the non-hype customers.

I think that's up to CGC, they have "rules" on the price + shipping from what I've heard so you'll see no wiggle room from an "official" distributor unless they say so.

#1165 7 years ago

arent the leds on the mini saucer single controlled ?? It looks like that they lit all at the same time. I like the way they cycle on the billung mod, but maybe i couldnt see that from the short video

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think that's up to CGC, they have "rules" on the price + shipping from what I've heard so you'll see no wiggle room from an "official" distributor unless they say so.

I contacted 2 distributors and got 2 different prices. Just sayin...

Distributors get a cut and some are willing to deal; even if that means selling for slightly less cut but selling more games. One was offering add-ons to sweeten the deal and of course there are shipping fees that are always negotiable.

#1167 7 years ago

Curious about mylar on these. Do they install it on most of the playfield or just the high traffic areas?

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

2 different prices.

a lower price?

#1169 7 years ago

The martians have landed and I couldn't resist their charm.....I'm all in on an LE in green!

#1170 7 years ago

call around

#1171 7 years ago

Thanks all for pics and videos. Just couldn't resist with the extra features.
I went in on a LE Black.

#1172 7 years ago

more curious than anything since CGC supposedly throws you to the back of line getting games if you don't follow their "rules".

If I buy, I'd buy local from game exchange and not have to pay shipping.

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

more curious than anything since CGC supposedly throws you to the back of line getting games if you don't follow their "rules".

I absolutely agree.
Dont risk shipping if you dont have to, pick up and save the money and avoid the risk.

#1174 7 years ago

Could be with and without shipping?

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

plenty of ways to avoid the 'rules'. People just need to be smart enough to not share publiclly where to go and get those willing to work with customers in some 'trouble'

#1176 7 years ago

Just ordered my AFMr in black powdercoat this AM - stoked! They nailed the price point for the LE.. so many awesome features for the $$. Makes BM66 SLE look way overpriced IMO

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I noticed the blinking problem as well. Not sure if you can adjust the fade effect or not, like you can with LED OCD.

You absolutely can. On MMr, you can change the fade speed of the inserts from Slow, Medium, Fast or Off. Medium looks just like incandescent. Off looks like LED conversions without OCD. Perhaps the one you played was on the OFF setting

#1178 7 years ago

I ordered my LE on Friday with SS trim. Will be getting the matching number to my MMR LE. Can't wait to get it!

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from PDFVT:

Big day, joined Pinside

Welcome to the Fracas (circus?) !
Congrats on the new game!

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from PDFVT:

Big day, joined Pinside and put a deposit down on an LE. Thanks to all who posted in this thread. It helped me make the leap!

Yes, welcome to Pinside! Great choice on the new game!

#1181 7 years ago

For the AFMr LE quantites available, Some are saying 500 units others are stating 1000.

I think the correct number is 1000 (of assorted colors of course).

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You absolutely can. On MMr, you can change the fade speed of the inserts from Slow, Medium, Fast or Off. Medium looks just like incandescent. Off looks like LED conversions without OCD. Perhaps the one you played was on the OFF setting

Good to know. It was more like medium or low. The fade was was so slow that the blinking effect was too subtle. So probably fast would work better.

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yeah but taxes are more then shipping.

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I guess they had to color in the clear cut outs around the lettering on the translite, since there aren't individual bulbs back there to see.

It's also entirely possible they don't have the ability to do it. The new translites they do aren't printed the same way as the old ones, which is why they don't look quite as nice.

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah but taxes are more then shipping.

Taxes will be few hundred, shipping is certainly in line...plus the non shipping risk value and supporting a local pinball business of which there are very few in U.S.

#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

For the AFMr LE quantites available, Some are saying 500 units others are stating 1000.
I think the correct number is 1000 (of assorted colors of course).

With the pricing and feature list, I'd bet that the classic model will become the true limited edition. When you add a shaker and colour display to the cost of a classic your almost at the price of the SE, and the SE has better lights and sound, not to mention the larger display. Most of the sales will come from SE and doubt very many classics will be made.

#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

They definitely need protectors on the SOL hole. The holes were showing wear on all AFMr there. (The Alien and Houdini I played show the same wear on their scoops. As someone said above it seems modern clear coat needs protection on edges).

I had a chat with Doug Skor from CGC about this, and he mentioned they are working on how to protect the SOL hole against chipping and the plan is to have a factory installed protector. He didn't have details whether it would be 'cliffy' or 'mantis' type protector, but they are aware of this so hopefully there'll be one once it starts shipping

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I had a chat with Doug Skor from CGC about this, and he mentioned they are working on how to protect the SOL hole against chipping and the plan is to have a factory installed protector. He didn't have details whether it would be 'cliffy' or 'mantis' type protector, but they are aware of this so hopefully there'll be one once it starts shipping

Considering how bad the problem was with AFM and MB when they were made by WMS/BLY, the VUK protector would have been the first part of the game I would have built. Then I would have built the rest of the game around the protector.

#1189 7 years ago

AFM is one of my favorite games that I own. For a simple game it is just fun. Kind of like a rock ballad that becomes a classic across all generations.

I look what they did to the LE and I think it looks like a home run.

The topper looks awesome. The LEDs in the mini saucers, shaker motor, and large screen dmd are great add ons the originals didn't have. The shaker motor adds immersion, while the other mods just help make the machine look bad ass.

#1190 7 years ago

I'm in.

Black LE bought yesterday.

Rob

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

I'm in.
Black LE bought yesterday.
Rob

You got it home already?

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You got it home already?

Now how did you arrive at that? He said "bought" not "brought home".

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

*David Cross voice*

I’m going to go ahead and admit that Levi did not believe what Rob just said, it was what’s described as a 'joke.' He'll probably be telling other ones later in this thread

#1194 7 years ago

Plus, buying something usually involves exchanging goods for currency, so it isn't really bought until it is received.

#1195 7 years ago

steps.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:*David Cross voice*
I’m going to go ahead and admit that Levi did not believe what Rob just said, it was what’s described as a 'joke.' He'll probably be telling other ones later in this thread

The quotation marks around "joke" were well earned in this instance.

#1196 7 years ago

I really wish they offered lollipop rails for the LE. That means I have to match the green and order those separately.

#1197 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I really wish they offered lollipop rails for the LE. That means I have to match the green and order those separately.

I know what you mean. That means I have to remember to take my ring off before playing. The lollipop rails removes that worry.

#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

won't that mean you are going to have to pay taxes? that's the main reason I don't buy local, well that and the main place to buy local here inflates the price a little bit. if the machine cost 7000 @ 8.1 tax rate, I pay $567. if shipping is only 250, it would mean I saved about 300. Cash money

maybe your tax rate is lower

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh, so he pre-ordered one!

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I know what you mean. That means I have to remember to take my ring off before playing. The lollipop rails removes that worry.

Not if you don't want your "Hi-Gloss LE Lollipop rails" scratched up! FWIW I've seen it happen - but better than the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 21.50
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/24?hl=cosmojoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.