(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 26.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Like that matters in this hobby ..... look at bat 66 and the fact u cld get a met pro or AS that has better value for half the price. Also i believe a alien with shipping and the upgrades u mentioned will be quite a bit more than 7k ? People want what they want and i think the price point of afmr will sell well .... especially the le.....

Alien SE with 27" LCD, shaker, PDI glass, and blade lighting is $8K shipped.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Before people start bombarding PPS with balled up wads of cash on this one remember this is a whole new "gate". The manufacturing performance that you came to know (and somewhat love) on the last game was 100% courtesy of Gary Stern and his pinball factory. Chicago Gaming is building this one in-house, on an assembly line that nobody has even seen pictures of, from a team that has only built one very low production game on 15 years ago. I love you guys but you need to focus less on toppers and more on how this is going to work as pinball machines are STILL very hard to manufacture. The setup for another 3 or 4 years of JJP-style whining about where is my game is all over this announcement. Instead of worrying about rail color you guys need to be asking for pictures of the assembly line, and the 150 or so employees they would have needed to hire to crank these out as quickly as Gary did...

True.. but CGC is not an upstart from zero like JJP or others. CGC has been manufacturing for a long time.. just not full pins. And of the most parts that can't be fixed easily afterwards (cabinets, playfields, inserts) they are the grand-daddys of. For other bits.. like sourcing, engineering, etc they've already done it before. It's just getting the games physically built. Software they've already shown whomever they used did a reasonable job.

To me, QA, output rate, and of course 'Do I want a 2017 playfield and PCBs' is the only real things to question. If they can't build fast enough.. that's a great problem to have. I'd be more worried about spotty, inconsistent building.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

At exactly 14:00 today I contacted my dist who is at TPF and ordered a classic and a black LE (route and home).

Way to go Larry. AFM is selling fast as I myself only have 2 LEs left to sell.
Thanks everyone and thanks PPS Churchill
Buddy

#904 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pricing is slightly better than I expected, but not aggressive enough to move the market.

Not a market disruptor, but cheap enough to get all the 'gotta buy the next game' people to buy in I'm sure. I think the manufacturers will take notice... 5-8k? People will buy... and say "at least its not xyz". 8k+? People start moaning and tougher to justify.

Personally I think 6k+ is too much for the toys, but the number of "i'm in" buyers seems to be there for the 7k+ prices still.

#905 7 years ago

I want to see where the NIB market is and AFMR will be an interesting barometer.

#906 7 years ago

So, 1000 units is "limited?"

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So, 1000 units is "limited?"

Limited to 1000.

#908 7 years ago

Put my deposit down for a se model. Ghostbusters Premium is going to have to wait again.

#909 7 years ago

good lord here we go with the limited numbers. I could care less than nothing how many they make. It seems silly marketing ploy hurry they will sell out bs. If the SE is the same game, why not say the LE is able to sell whatever the market will bear and it's $700 for the so and so extra features.

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

$6500 for a brand new AFM considering this is the typical "asking price" for an original seems like a very good deal. I hope the playfield issues are resolved, that would be the only thing stopping me.

It's actually $6900 + shipping if you want it in color, right? Which everybody does. So more like $7100-7200 I reckon. Seems like they priced it to encourage folks to go with the higher two tier models.

I think they'll sell a decent amount for sure, as it's a great game, and should do well at retail outlets. Collectors and players would probably be as happy with an original at that price but I guess we'll see.

And is this the same "pre-order" model as before? You pay for the game and wait a year or so for it to roll out of the factory? Or do they have hundreds of these built already?

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

good lord here we go with the limited numbers. I could care less than nothing how many they make. It seems silly marketing ploy hurry they will sell out bs. If the SE is the same game, why not say the LE is able to sell whatever the market will bear and it's $700 for the so and so extra features.

Yeah, you're essentially paying $700 for the topper, colored trim, blades, and mini-UFO color changing lights. That's about what Stern's LE upcharge used to be but with a few more things. Metallica LE was $800 more than the Prem and you got the platinum trim, MOP art package, and mirrored backglass.

I wonder if they'll sell the multi-color mini-UFOs or topper separately as a mod for the SE. If not, those features are the key extras for the Limited aspect.

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And is this the same "pre-order" model as before? You pay for the game and wait a year or so for it to roll out of the factory? Or do they have hundreds of these built already?

They are ONLY taking deposits and claim to have enough parts to make 500 now and you pay when it's ready

#913 7 years ago

Anybody dealing at all on the LE or is it just $7999 + Shipping at all distros? Anyone offering $7999.00 shipped?
PM me if you have any leads

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anybody dealing at all on the LE or is it just $7999 + Shipping at all distros? Anyone offering $7999.00 shipped?

I was told the price was + shipping...from the guy I got my MMr from.

Robert

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Per a dealer, CGC has rules that require specific price plus shipping...who knows if guys will find a way around that.

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Per a dealer, CGC has rules that require specific price plus shipping...who knows if guys will find a way around that.

Yes, but unless someone blabbed, who would know?

Robert

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I have a hard time thinking that you actually believe that.
In purchasing power parity terms (no other measure is relevant in the current discussion re: pricing of machines in different markets), the UK's GDP has fallen 15-20% in the past 18 months. Inflation is likely to surge. Wage growth looks like it will be heavily negative, in real terms. A crude measure of GDP is 'up'? Well, forecasts were revised up. Almost entirely sustained by obscene consumer credit expansion and subsequent or simultaneous spending. Something that isn't sustainable. If you believe that growth has exceeded what it would have been had there been neither a referendum in the first place, nor a vote to leave, I have no words for you.
If you want to use crude measures, then our economy was ~19th fastest growing in the EU last year. Given the huge devaluation, a potentially enormous divorce bill from the EU (depending on what happens, potentially over €100Bn) and a cloud hanging over our terms of trade not just with the EU, but virtually every large trading partner, this seems less than fantastic.
But go on, I'm sure blind optimism will keep the country "open for business", as people in the Government keep repeating ad nauseum.
Anyway, for said reasons, I don't see raising margins in the UK market as particularly likely at the moment, for CGC or PH their UK distributor.

no idea where you get this stuff!

screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).pngscreen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

The setup for another 3 or 4 years of JJP-style whining about where is my game is all over this announcement. Instead of worrying about rail color you guys need to be asking for pictures of the assembly line, and the 150 or so employees they would have needed to hire to crank these out as quickly as Gary did...

Hey Viper, looks like I might finally collect on our $20 bet from 2014! If you've been putting aside 50 cents a month as planned, you're going to need to scrounge up a whopping $5.50 before these babies start shipping. Of course this assumes they actually hit their May shipping date ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/52#post-2133981

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Before people start bombarding PPS with balled up wads of cash on this one remember this is a whole new "gate". The manufacturing performance that you came to know (and somewhat love) on the last game was 100% courtesy of Gary Stern and his pinball factory. Chicago Gaming is building this one in-house, on an assembly line that nobody has even seen pictures of, from a team that has only built one very low production game on 15 years ago. I love you guys but you need to focus less on toppers and more on how this is going to work as pinball machines are STILL very hard to manufacture. The setup for another 3 or 4 years of JJP-style whining about where is my game is all over this announcement. Instead of worrying about rail color you guys need to be asking for pictures of the assembly line, and the 150 or so employees they would have needed to hire to crank these out as quickly as Gary did...

Would you stop all the "voice of reason" shit????

We have green trim vs red trim and price points to bitch about...!

#920 7 years ago

One thing i hope they did on afmr that wasnt done on mmr is turn off the backbox lighting like the blackout mod does for the original. Its one of my favorite mods on my wpc95 pins but is really really is a great addition afm , in particularly during strobe mb . Still curious how the strobe mb looks with the newer technology also. Anyone know much about this? Some things on the newer are better and then some things on original are better ......glad to have choices tho.

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

One thing i hope they did on afmr that wasnt done on mmr is turn off the backbox lighting like the blackout mod does for the original.

I bet they could add that as a feature in the CGC menu. While they're emulating the original software, they do have their own software doing game choreography things like shaker motor, the new UFO lights, & topper animation. Probably wouldn't be too hard to code the backbox to turn off like the blackout mod.

#922 7 years ago

I am almost in on the LE, I just have one question.. Am I stuck with the Green armor?

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I am almost in on the LE, I just have one question.. Am I stuck with the Green armor?

No they changed that since everyone hated the green. Now you can pick green/black/SS on the LE.

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bet they could add that as a feature in the CGC menu. While they're emulating the original software, they do have their own software doing game choreography things like shaker motor, the new UFO lights, & topper animation. Probably wouldn't be too hard to code the backbox to turn off like the blackout mod.

I hope so... its such a great effect especially in a dark playing environment ...

#925 7 years ago

"What is being done with AFMR LE for existing MMR LE customers is to give them the ability to have the same LE# that they had for MMR LE and prioritize them in line for a game from Chicago Gaming. The stipulation is that a deposit be received by April 15th ... that is new as of this morning and had come from a conference call with all the resellers."

awesome!!!!

#926 7 years ago

Eagerly awaiting local pricing...

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would rather get a loaded Aliens for less.

The problem is you can't buy an Alien anytime soon. Like it's a year from now probably if you order now. This may not be any better either though. Either way, you're waiting, might as well buy something you might get in a month or two.

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The problem is you can't buy an Alien anytime soon. Like it's a year from now probably if you order now. This may not be any better either though. Either way, you're waiting, might as well buy something you might get in a month or two.

Bingo. Hilton got his Alien so he's all gung-ho...but his is essentially a "sample model". Alien isn't a mainstream purchase choice yet. Heighway hasn't shown they can ship in large numbers yet...so as a "what can I buy now" choice for a customer, they're out of the running.

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Like it's a year from now probably if you order now. This may not be any better either though.

So the ones ready to ship shortly are just the top of the line models right?

I'm looking at one of the other two models. What do you guys think is the likely wait if you plunk your name down today for the mid range model?

#930 7 years ago

maybe wait until cgc actually ships these games before declaring them capable of large volume shipping...if it starts to trickle out instead of being by the truckload then they are right on par with the other stern competitors

Somebody with more money than me should order a standard Alien and a "classic" AFMr and have a race!

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I put a $1000 deposit down with Andrew a couple weeks ago and he's guestimating I'll have my SE Alien by late April/early May of this year.

#932 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I put a $1000 deposit down with Andrew a couple weeks ago and he's guestimating I'll have my SE Alien by late April/early May of this year.

OK. Now we need someone with money in on AFMr and spot them 2 weeks and we have a contest...March Madness!

#933 7 years ago

WooHoo I am in on #669 to match my MMr LE! Sweet

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

OK. Now we need someone with money in on AFMr and spot them 2 weeks and we have a contest...March Madness!

LOL. It's a win-win IMO.

I'm just glad AFMr wasn't $5500... my wife would have killed me more.

#935 7 years ago

Planetary Pinball have AFMR LE slots available - as well can put deposits with credit card or paypal via the webstore.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GAME

Thx.

#936 7 years ago

Is that English?

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

better shooter,

You can easily argue a lot of things but I struggle to see how you can argue that alien is a better shooter than afm! And no, posting a picture of all the available shots doesn't mean it's a good shooter.
I could do the same thing for the hobbit and have 15 more shots mapped out but I am the first to admit that the worst attribute of the hobbit is the way it shoots. Probably the same with Alien.

#938 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You can easily argue a lot of things but I struggle to see how you can argue that alien is a better shooter than afm! And no, posting a picture of all the available shots doesn't mean it's a good shooter.
I could do the same thing for the hobbit and have 15 more shots mapped out but I am the first to admit that the worst attribute of the hobbit is the way it shoots. Probably the same with Alien.

Williams Swinger is the best shooter of all! Infinite shots with that swinging target!

And stop calling games "shooters" you all sound stupid.

Hey did I miss something? Are people pre-ordering AFM with non refundable $1000 deposits?

People did that last time around and were still waiting for their MMs while anybody could have just brought one home from Replay FX where they were just sitting there NIB on the floor. Why do people continue to do this?

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

ATTACK is BACK!
Pricing for AFM Remakes have been released:
- Classic Edition (CE) $6499 + freight*
- Special Edition (SE) $7299 + freight*
- Limited Edition (LE) $7999 + freight*
Deposits to reserved your game with PPS:
- $250 for CE/SE
- $1000 for LE
Deposits are fully refundable up to pre-ship notification (which is set to be approx 30 days before game shipment)
$399 for the High Def Color upgrade for Classic Edition (included in SE and LE)
Shipping is Capped by PPS at $300 (or less if shipping is less) - from Chicago USA

Just to clarify I assume the deposit/full payment on pre-ship notification/$300 shipping is good only as to orders placed through PPS as distributor? There was (very understandable) confusion about this with MMR and people that ordered through other distributors (e.g. JJP) paid in full months or a year+ before they actually got their game.

#940 7 years ago

Just finished playing this game at TPF. It looked and played great. The LEDs really make the game pop. I bet they sell a bunch of them.

#941 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Agreed afm plays fast and furious..... watching the alien videos .... not real impressed so far with it and especially the lack of pop bumper and sling action. This was also my issue with full throttle. I spent alot time trying to help a friend get more action out of the slings and pop bumpers with the final conclusion that it is what it is ......

#942 7 years ago

Here's some video I shot

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Just finished playing this game at TPF. It looked and played great. The LEDs really make the game pop. I bet they sell a bunch of them.

The bill ung type leds or the game leds in general?

#944 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Here's some video I shot
» YouTube video

Thx for the vid!

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Here's some video I shot
» YouTube video

So nice to see afm being enjoyed bc every show ive been to there is never any there..... exciting times in pinball ......

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Because Andrews estimates are so trustworthy, lol.

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

WooHoo I am in on #669 to match my MMr LE! Sweet

Im in on #218 to match my MMr LE! Party time

#948 7 years ago

I cant wait until PPS does the large color screen for my MMrLE to match my AFMrLE ! Double party!

#949 7 years ago

Need some more

#950 7 years ago

Here's some more HD vid with topper shown.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/19?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.