(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 26.
#801 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

in your opinion.

Think about where you are, and the current economic situation surrounding you.
It is not particularly that beneficial right now.
European and overseas markets are not the USA, which I clearly stated.
I am not evaluating your market at the present time because I am not living overseas like I did for nearly 12 years, including serving side by side with several of the British regiments and in your own country.

I knows others that are, and are buying machines as quality permits and much lower prices that the United States.
The problem is that the reimport era dried up a lot of the early BLY/WMS games from the 1990s at the end of 2005.

mmrow (resized).jpgmmrow (resized).jpg

#802 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pricing has been released in the UK.
£6995
£7995
£8695
For reference, MMr standard is £8295 standard, £8695 with colour for the DMD.
Obviously going to be quite a bit cheaper than MMr in the US, but ~$6000-6500 looks likely.

Where?

#803 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I am not evaluating your market at the present time.
I knows others that are, and are buying machines as quality permits and much lower prices that the United States.

I'm not just talking about Europe/UK which is different owing to supply for sure. Looking at the US market as I have the ability to import if I chose to I don't see what you are seeing.

If someone wants a remake badly enough they will pay for it, if someone wants an original badly enough, they will pay for it, on MM I wanted a remake but didn't want to wait for it to be built, I do agree that NIB in stockrooms limits the upper price for the remakes.

CGC are focusing on the games that have limited supply for a good reason, they know that people will take the easy route of having a NIB without having to kick the tyres on an original and the pain it takes to find a good one.

However, there is as much of an art of knowing how to sell and when, thats why we see Star Trek:TNG's going for silly money here in the UK now. I think its easy to see patterns in things like this, however when you dig deep the patterns don't always (but I agree sometimes) stand up to scrutiny. At the end of the day though, you spend your money and you take your choices. I've got a MB and I'll happily sell it and buy a remake just because the remakes have fantastic build quality in my view. My local distributor tells me he has had the lowest level of pain from MMR than any other game for almost ten years, a lot of people value that (I certainly do .

The market is changing as more people want machines; i wouldn't call them collectors in the traditional sense but collectors they are.

Cheers,
Neil.

#805 7 years ago

I am not evaluating your market at the present time because I am not living overseas like I did for nearly 12 years, including serving side by side with several of the British regiments and in your own country.
The problem is that the reimport era dried up a lot of the early BLY/WMS games from the 1990s at the end of 2005.

Man I miss those "re-import" days... I snagged some gorgeous machines from some undoubtedly chagrined Europeans but nobody forced them to sell I suppose. Sure a lot were in sketchy shape with their penchant for drilling ashtrays on to the sides but finding a flawless gem in a warehouse full of smoky machines is a memory I want to hang on to.

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Really? I had no idea CGC set up a program to return and replace those defective playfields. I only heard of one, and that was for one guy that did a lot of kicking and screaming and it was an unpopulated one at that and he still had to pay for it..
If you can tell me of the program where CGC sent out populated playfields to those that were damaged due to sloppy assembly or bad ink print, I'm all ears.

Not only did they send out populated playfields the pricks who got them refused to return the populated original playfields, so I doubt they will do that again

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Not only did they send out populated playfields the pricks who got them refused to return the populated original playfields, so I doubt they will do that again

Is this what they call "revisionist history"??? Point us to the posts from now-happy owners that received populated PF's please.

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pricing has been released in the UK.
£6995
£7995
£8695
For reference, MMr standard is £8295 standard, £8695 with colour for the DMD.
Obviously going to be quite a bit cheaper than MMr in the US, but ~$6000-6500 looks likely.

Nobody knows the cost, so they are either under selling or over selling, no distributor knows the pricing till 12 midday Friday.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Is this what they call "revisionist history"??? Point us to the posts from now-happy owners that received populated PF's please.

Why they know who they are, just stating a fact

#810 7 years ago

Why they know who they are, just stating a fact

lol Yeah that's a "fact" Figured that would be the response.

Glad we got that out of the way... hey I'd love to be proven wrong btw.

#811 7 years ago

I feel the 'classic' is the way to go on this. The other 2 models look silly from a backbox perspective, and don't get me started on the GBLE leftover armor. As the great Teekee once said...that dude should be fired....yesterday.

#812 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

and don't get me started on the GBLE leftover armor.

Black and stainless are also available

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I feel the 'classic' is the way to go on this. The other 2 models look silly from a backbox perspective, and don't get me started on the GBLE leftover armor. As the great Teekee once said...that dude should be fired....yesterday.

Yes, you said, you feel.

I look the new dmd very very very cool...

but, thats what i fell of course.

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I feel the big screen with the steel or black trim is the way to go.

I would also request a play field that will not require a diffuser.

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

lol Yeah that's a "fact" Figured that would be the response.
Glad we got that out of the way... hey I'd love to be proven wrong btw.

I am sure Doug will tell you who the people were

#816 7 years ago

I am sure Doug will tell you who the people were

Yeah I'm sure he'd tell me anything I'd like to hear.

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

hey I'd love to be proven wrong btw.

I'm happy to oblige.

Here is a guy who got a new playfield for $250 for his "I can't see my insert ink" complaining. He later sold the MMr for full price saying that there was no problem with it then went on to sell the playfield for $900.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mmr-playfield-for-sale

It has the been said that the originals will always be more than the remakes but that statement may not be accurate. I do not have statistics that people on pinside love to put out there but I do know a thing or two about economics. One of the major forces that affect prices is supply and demand. Here is a poll showing the demand side of the MMr vs MM.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-mmr-vs-average-original-mm

If the demand for MMr is more than the MM original and the supply is the same, it stands to reason that the MMr will ultimately be higher in price compared to the original. The reason MMr has not appreciated rapidly is because it is still in production. How can a pin be worth more if you can buy it brand new for MSRP? The demand is still being met. Since production will be stopping in the very near future that is when you typically see the price increase. At that point prices for an MMr will ultimately be higher than an original based on supply and demand.

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm happy to oblige.
Here is a guy who got a new playfield for $250 for his "I can't see my insert ink" complaining. He later sold the MMr for full price saying that there was no problem with it then went on to sell the playfield for $900.

Well that is indeed proof...that all the others got screwed. I assume that is your point. Sure one poor guy had to actually PAY for an unpopulated PF. That particular character did post all kinds of contradictory stuff starting from when he was told that they had a "perfect" fix for the PF problem. Turned out later that was the cheap plastic sheet. We have NO idea what he got for his machine but if you think people would pay the SAME price for the obviously faded factory second ones that they would for a *decent* mmr you'd be mistaken. In fact any smart aftermarket buyer wouldn't buy a faded one at all... they would simply wait to get one of the unaffected ones. That's what I'd do anyways.

I don't blame him for selling it though.

Also I could care less about value comparisons between originals and remakes. Who would ever want to sell a nice original? I never would so I was delighted they made a remake because there were hardly any available for people that wanted one. And the quality was initially fine.

Then I watched a large group of their customers get stuck with machines worth less than what the first batch got and not ONE of them ever posted they got a "populated PF' swap.

What *really* said it all was the way they KEPT sending customers these faded PF's for MONTHS after it was reported by unhappy customers. Think they would keep shipping game after game if they knew they would then have to send out populated PF's to make things right? Of course not. The thin piece of plastic over the LED's was their idea of a fix.

But look obviously people are still going to buy even after that fiasco and I wish them well... hopefully the company got shamed enough by the incident and they won't ship that kind of product to customers again.

But people should be fully aware of the company's history and can look back in the threads to learn more. You don't want me ranting about it again so please quit baiting me... please

#819 7 years ago

This is inaccurate, but common wishful thinking by new owners.
Original MM games in equal condition sell between $2-5K more based on regional markets. No sparkle required. Just solid, working, complete, and clean.
Remakes are not worth more than original either, unless they are junk, and even partial games can sell for over $4-5K, as a competent dealer knows how to do a playfield swap with replacement parts, and slap new decals on a cabinet. They do it with glee and double their money.
Values of originals are slowly on a return rise. Remake values are falling, as NIB remain available for those who wish to purchase.
This is not unique to MMr or future game remakes, but applies to all remade games until flatline collector value is reached, with a handful of exceptions based on extreme rarity and collectibility.
People do not buy remakes to collect, they buy them to exclusively play. It is a different type of owner in the current market.
It has nothing to do with quality of construction, extra features, or bling. It also does not mean originals are not played and kept as coveted objects either.

So let me get this straight: original, working clean AFM games will sell for $8500 - $11,500 now?? I totally disagree.

#820 7 years ago

Manic we have had this conversation before. I know that what happened to you sucked but you are the exception not the norm to the experiences that MMr owners have.

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Manic we have had this conversation before. I know that what happened to you sucked but you are the exception not the norm to the experiences that MMr owners have.

Never said it was the norm... just a large group that got stuck with them. If you watched that thread for months and months you know this.

I also didn't get screwed I bought mine back in 1997 and it's set in the same spot in my dining room ever since. Yeah the rugs ruined from the weight of it

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So let me get this straight: original, working clean AFM games will sell for $8500 - $11,500 now?? I totally disagree.

You did not read the thread properly or completely.
That question was referring to MM versus MMr pricing and value, not AFM, as the person asked.
At no time did I specify a price range for AFM being over $11K for non-HEP examples.
They do sell for $8500 regularly in CQ condition.

There were convoluted questions that I attempted to clarify based on equal condition AFM for trades, but I will let market speculators do their own thing at this point, because it hopeless, and PinSide is full of people that wish to argue every single point made.

It is no wonder most of the people of the industry refuse to participate in these forums or already left.

Good luck folks.

“The problem with forums is there is a lot of disinformation, and a lot of uninformed opinions affecting what people actually believe. It is normal for forums. In any kind of hobby, go to their forums and blogs, and you will see something very similar. It is the nature of those environments, and it does not even have to be related to pinball machines.”

- George Gomez

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I bought mine 16 years ago when the prices were reasonable... do people actually PAY this much for them even now or is that just what buyers like to try to ASK for them? I've learned in this hobby there is a big difference.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:You did not read the thread properly or completely.
That question was referring to MM versus MMr pricing and value, not AFM, as the person asked.
At no time did I specify a price range for AFM being over $11K for non-HEP examples.
They do sell for $8500 regularly in CQ condition.
There were convoluted questions that I attempted to clarify based on equal condition AFM for trades, but I will let market speculators do their own thing at this point, because it hopeless, and PinSide is full of people that wish to argue every single point made.
It is no wonder most of the people of the industry refuse to participate in these forums or already left.
Good luck folks.
“The problem with forums is there is a lot of disinformation, and a lot of uninformed opinions affecting what people actually believe. It is normal for forums. In any kind of hobby, go to their forums and blogs, and you will see something very similar. It is the nature of those environments, and it does not even have to be related to pinball machines.”
- George Gomez

Hmmm G Gomez talking about "disinformation"... Mr "code every two weeks"??? Bet he wishes he could take that one back.

#824 7 years ago

technical difficulties - do not adjust your TV

#825 7 years ago

Mr. logorrhea is a poster child for hasty generalizations and cherrypicking history, aka confirmation bias. Yes, there will be a few big dollar collector MM's that a few people will want, low play and super minty (that will have to remain so to keep the high price). But the vast majority of MM pins fall below that. Let's actually look at facts (a relatively novel idea on Pinside). The Pinside marketplace and archive show us how prices have been going in the last 6-9 months or so.

MM prices are all over the place, both higher and lower than MMR. Recently, it has taken some big coin restores to get somewhat higher than MMR prices. Two recent HEP MM's fetched $10.5k and $11.5k. Many many higher priced MM's are archived unsold. Described as "fully restored" MM's are recently offered for less than $10k.

With MMR production ending and a few NIB still available in the marketplace, the original MSRP still provides the current focus for used prices. Even at that one sold for $11k showing the potential for a higher price ceiling. Lots of unsold litter the older archived posts. As the few remaining relatively available MMR NIB options disappear, the last thing that will happen is prices falling (it's basic economics of supply and demand).

#826 7 years ago

For correction, I did not say "like new". I would provide it more equitably to CQ condition, which is still comparative.
I cannot properly estimate the number and provide the answer to that question due to:
1 ) How many games have been lost (all possible reasons, including cannibalism)
2 ) How many games have been restored (or fully restored)
3 ) How many games were purchased for home use (exclusively or light routed)
4 ) How many games have been built using parts (homebrew)
When numbers are calculated for losses yearly, it is just an estimate as well.
It is getting harder to calculate due to reproduction parts, which has greatly improved.
Most collectors would say "like new" at 5-10% (~250-350), not considering any games that had playfields and components replaced, or homebrew.
This dramatically raises the number.
The game was quite popular with those who were collectors buying NIB games at the time.
There was NO closeout of this title.
AFMs before the latest market insanity were even sold by dealers from homeowners to operators and placed BACK on routes, due to functional popularity to make income.
That of course leads to problems.
The game is not going to be "like new" condition anymore.
There are plenty of superb condition AFMs in collector hands, if sold, could easily finance a new AFMr (standard), not that a lot of collectors are preparing to run to buy another one. At least not any of the one's I know.
Every game is evaluated on its own merits, individually, in the market.
Like I said, if owners want to "trade up" there are plenty of people that are willing to buy, and want the original not a remake.
Different part of the market.
I don't give opinions of which (game) an owner should buy (original or remake), but considerations of WHY are they are buying the game.
That is the basic question.
I don't give answers to that question either, but it is quite important.

As an example I wouldn't swop my original AFM for any of the AFMR models. Why? Original game, original playfield 9/10, original non faded screen printed cabinet, and game plays like new.

#827 7 years ago

Manic has been grinding his axe against MMR vociferously and for what seems like forever. I hope if some PPS/CGC faded inserts are such a disaster that he is equally dismissive of Stern for their issues, lest he too be a hypocrite, such as
-shipping out mis-spelled playfields (even for replacements, lol),
-a laundry list of pf fixes in two of the most recent Stern releases (GB and BM66),
-xfassa's GB pf chipping after 20 plays and being denied replacement, not a "factory second" as he describes it,
-and the many other owners with chipped recent new Stern pf's who are not "qualifying" for the program, or as he describes it again, not a "factory second",
-ridiculously early code and ridiculously late code, and
-how about the GOT orbit "fix".

Anyone seen him railing against Stern?

#828 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

there is no squeeze from Brexit, infact exactly the opposite. There is an exchange rate difference but thats it. Trade is up, growth is up, life is good.

I have a hard time thinking that you actually believe that.

In purchasing power parity terms (no other measure is relevant in the current discussion re: pricing of machines in different markets), the UK's GDP has fallen 15-20% in the past 18 months. Inflation is likely to surge. Wage growth looks like it will be heavily negative, in real terms. A crude measure of GDP is 'up'? Well, forecasts were revised up. Almost entirely sustained by obscene consumer credit expansion and subsequent or simultaneous spending. Something that isn't sustainable. If you believe that growth has exceeded what it would have been had there been neither a referendum in the first place, nor a vote to leave, I have no words for you.

If you want to use crude measures, then our economy was ~19th fastest growing in the EU last year. Given the huge devaluation, a potentially enormous divorce bill from the EU (depending on what happens, potentially over €100Bn) and a cloud hanging over our terms of trade not just with the EU, but virtually every large trading partner, this seems less than fantastic.

But go on, I'm sure blind optimism will keep the country "open for business", as people in the Government keep repeating ad nauseum.

Anyway, for said reasons, I don't see raising margins in the UK market as particularly likely at the moment, for CGC or PH their UK distributor.

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Manic has been grinding his axe against MMR vociferously and for what seems like forever. I hope if some PPS/CGC faded inserts are such a disaster that he is equally dismissive of Stern issues, lest he be a hypocrite, such as
-shipping out mis-spelled playfields (even for replacements, lol),
-a laundry list of pf fixes in two of the most recent Stern releases (GB and BM66),
-xfassa's GB pf chipping after 20 plays and being denied replacement, not "defective" as you describe it,
-and the many other owners with chipped recent new Stern pf's who are not "qualifying" for the program, or as you describe it again, not "defective", and
-ridiculously early code and ridiculously late code.
Anyone seen him railing against Stern?

Fortunately for me TWD Prem has been perfect out of the box so no need for me to be "vociferous" about it (good word btw).
With the sky high prices of these things I figure this would be the last one for me anyways. I got lucky as I've always stated that it's a gamble when you open the Stern box. In several posts actually...and this was *before* the GB PF mess. I think TWD was the last Stern title that *didn't* have a boatload of issues to contend with.

I remember being apprehensive opening that box... not exactly the NIB experience you hope for.

Back in the day Stern DID send me an unpopulated PF for TSPP as mine was the last run and the silkscreen was giving out and leaving splotches on the PF. So they did do that... didn't charge me a penny for it either. So there's that anyways.

Thank god I didn't have a hard on for the GB theme. If I had gotten bit by a bad one EVERYBODY would have me on ignore by now Others did get vociferous (gotta use that word now) about it though and good for them for holding their feet to the flame.

Yeah I wouldn't risk a Stern right now myself but they are apparently sending out full PF swaps for their customers. Not even charging them $200 either. Personally I wouldn't want the hassle or anxiety going through this anyway after spending all that money.

I'd like them ALL to up their game and send out a quality product or at least fully stand behind it. I don't want to have to rely on the "benevolence" of a company to make me happy. I'd hate to hear what so many heard when they called about their faded PF... "falls within specs". Now *that* is something no unhappy customer wants to hear.

You have a good point but I don't think the whole "this company may be bad but this other one is worse" really inspires much confidence for the new buyer.

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

We have NO idea what he got for his machine but if you think people would pay the SAME price for the obviously faded factory second ones that they would for a *decent* mmr you'd be mistaken.

Just for the record $8600 for the pin and $600 for the PF. After the MMR fiasco I'm out on all nib and in on older SS and 90s B/W maybe a few second owner proven sterns but definitely no more nib it's just not worth it better off waiting

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Just for the record $8600 for the pin and $600 for the PF. After the MMR fiasco I'm out on all nib and in on older SS and 90s B/W maybe a few second owner proven sterns but definitely no more nib it's just not worth it better off waiting

No offense but you posted all kinds of contradictory stuff, fought about it with everybody and then deleted most (if not all) of your posts. Ahh good times huh?

And after initially raving about how good their solution was going to be then you promptly sell it.
So I'm gonna stick with "we'll never know". It's not you in particular I just know how people like to puff up what they get when they sell something.

I don't blame you for avoiding the NIB hassle/pain... you were the first in the frying pan on that one.

I just wanted people to know the history of the company by doing a little research - I didn't mean to rehash the entire episode yet again. I'm sure most people will be fine.

#832 7 years ago

Vociferous

Quoted from Manic:

I'd like them ALL to up their game and send out a quality product or at least fully stand behind it. I don't want to have to rely on the "benevolence" of a company to make me happy. I'd hate to hear what so many heard when they called about their faded PF... "falls within specs". Now *that* is something no unhappy customer wants to hear.

You have a good point but I don't think the whole "this company may be bad but this other one is worse" really inspires much confidence for the new buyer.

I'm not saying one company is bad but the other is worse, rather, these companies are reasonably good overall, though inevitable smaller issues pop up (which are addressed). It's a few people that latch onto the smaller issues and freak out, over and over, and over and over and over and over. Total broken record stuff.

It would be great to get PERFECT pinball games, but life isn't perfect and, like it or not, minor pinball issues happen consistently and universally. Look at all the recent releases, including GB, BM66, TWD, GOT, WOZ and TH, FT, TBL, etc (all had various minor issues). I see a pattern... that pretty much every new pinball release has had some minor issues, and consistently so. And frankly most all of those recent releases had more issues that MMR.

I do keep the major Stern playfield issues of large-scale ghosting and chipping (on a small number of pins) separate as that is not minor, but as expected they are fixing that with full replacements. And they should as it isn't a minor issue of faded ink on some inserts.

If anyone wants perfection, buy a known low play resale pin and skip the minor issues that may appear with NIB pins.

I've had great NIB experiences, including both Stern and PPS/CGC. I'd buy NIB from most every manufacturer, though I try to make an effort to buy later production run NIB machines. Let the early adopters find the inevitable issues and the manufacturers fix it. Frankly, PPS/CGC have the advantage of rebuilding a known product and these games have had even less issues than "new" new games.

In the end, the PPS/CGC experience is frankly no different than Stern, JJP, DP, Heighway, etc. People can do whatever they want, but at least be consistent about it.

And yes, Drewblood is full of toxic hypocrisy. He flushed his rep down the toilet and his insert story has to be seen to be believed.

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Vociferous

(good points cut for brevity)
And yes, Drewblood is full of toxic hypocrisy.

I absolutely agree about smaller, fix it yourself stuff. Heck you have to *expect* that right out of the box. But when I saw the machine I found the faded inserts immediately apparent and I couldn't imagine others not seeing this as well (if you ever had to sell the machine for example).

Like being stuck trying to sell a multi-ghosted GB.

So some got stuck with machines worth less than the "next guy" and there wasn't a thing they could do about it except hear it "fell within quality tolerances" (or some variation of this buzz-speak).

But most did get a quality machine for home use (the clear chipping right off of the one in the arcade thread is eye-opening though)
and I'm hoping most will be fine with this one. It's a fun machine indeed...

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's not you in particular I just know how people like to puff up what they get when they sell something.

No reason to puff it up at this point, it sounded like you wanted to know so I put the info out there. Everything was fully disclosed to the buyer and that's how it just ended up. The playfield was eventually sold to kruzman so if you feel the need to confirm the sale price you're welcome to do that.

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

And yes, Drewblood is full of toxic hypocrisy.

That's strong words for someone to use towards another that you've never met or dealt with. Be carful personal attacks could put you in the crosshairs of the pinside purge....

#836 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

He flushed his rep down the toilet and his insert story has to be seen to be believed.

My "Rep" is perfectly fine with anyone I have actually spoken with/dealt with. Maybe not so good with over opinionated under informed know it all keyboard warriors but hey that's just how some can be on pinside I guess....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-help-in-knoxville-tn#post-3669689

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I absolutely agree about smaller, fix it yourself stuff. Heck you have to *expect* that right out of the box. But when I saw the machine I found the faded inserts immediately apparent and I couldn't imagine others not seeing this as well (if you ever had to sell the machine for example).
Like being stuck trying to sell a multi-ghosted GB.
So some got stuck with machines worth less than the "next guy" and there wasn't a thing they could do about it except hear it "fell within quality tolerances" (or some variation of this buzz-speak).

Quick painless adjustments aren't the issue. Just to reiterate specifically, there are parts updates and changes, adjusting ramp depths in playfields, avoiding physical fixes and deactivating coding, unfixable errors, and playfield damage (chipping and ghosting) that have met "factory tolerances". The faded insert fix appears (haha) to have addressed the issue enough that affected machines have lost minimal value, whereas many issues suffered by "acceptable" machines (aka within tolerance) with other other manufacturers are more significant.

I've belabored the point enough and it sounds like we're on a similar page . And TWD rocks!

Quoted from Drewblood419:

That's strong words for someone to use towards another that you've never met or dealt with. Be carful personal attacks could put you in the crosshairs of the pinside purge....

Meh, it's simply an observation. Your posts, behaviour, and revisionism were "toxic" in that MMR thread and contained a lot of hypocrisy. People are welcome to read it and decide for themselves. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed

Funny after that thread and all those posts, your machine with faded inserts sold for more than MSRP and you separately sold the PF for far more than you paid for it. At least Manic quoted you here so you can't revise/delete that.

#838 7 years ago

$6,799 = Classic
$7,599 = Special
$8,299 = LE

http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/products.asp?page=2&categoryId=30

#839 7 years ago

Is this a fixed price or varied based on vendor?

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is this a fixed price or varied based on vendor?

No idea. I'm not a distributor, nor do I work for one. I'm a cube monkey bored on my lunch break.

But now I can see that it won't be contending against the MET Pro I'm probably going to order in a few weeks. At Pro level pricing, it would've been a much more difficult decision.

#841 7 years ago

All done with preorders. Thanks. Manufacturer should shoulder the sales risk, not the customer. Build them, get the pf/electronic/delivery dates worked out, THEN I will see. Not buying into that artificial short supply crap anymore.

#842 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

No idea. I'm not a distributor, nor do I work from one. I'm a cube monkey bored on my lunch break.
But now I can see that it won't be contending against the MET Pro I'm probably going to order in a few weeks. At Pro level pricing, it would've been a much more difficult decision.

I was going to comment on this exact point. Met pro (particularly) but ST pro etc.. at a pro price point ($5200 delivered) or HUO for $4600 the AFM pro is $2K+ more expensive it's basically at/near premium price.

Fine if anyone dying for AFM but the price is a bit higher than I'd go especially with the issues they had with PF and how MMr had bad printing on the PF no way I'd be the lab rat for these games QC speaking.

Good for those who are dying for AFM but to me Met pro (IMO) is a better game or equal.

#843 7 years ago

So $7200 for the classic with the color dmd?

Killer deal.

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So $7200 for the classic with the color dmd?
Killer deal.

Isn't the SE $7600?

#845 7 years ago

CGC official pricing is as follows:
AFM – Classic Edition $6,499 + freight
AFM – Special Edition $7,299 + freight
AFM – Limited Edition $7,999 + freight

Games will start shipping in May 2017

#846 7 years ago

I can't blame them for charging high, as they will sell look at BM66 price.

It's not horrible when people would have paid $6600-$6700 although 4 years ago for lesser games like TAVLE or XMLE at least AFM is quite proven. I'd surely rather have got AFMr instead of XMLE.

I feel the great bang was in the $4700 pro range I was able to get TWD, IMVE, Tron, Met but looks like no one will sell anything for less than Stern pro which I expect to keep going up or eliminated altogether.

#847 7 years ago

what's the difference between the SE and LE

$700

get black trim (if you want it)
topper
more color changing lights on saucers
better warranty

is there anything else I forgot?

Not sure if I think the topper is worth that much. I don't generally get all jacked up about a topper but this does look cool.

#848 7 years ago

Manufacturing isn't cheap... pretty cool you can get a brand-new AFM for $6500. Pretty amazing, actually. Congrats to CGC and Planetary on hitting that price point.

For folks that love Stern games, the $5200 price point for a Pro is probably palatable... but, you really can't compare Stern Pros to Williams games as apples to apples. Yes, both are Pins... but everyone has something different they're looking for in their collection or playing interests. Frankly, I still can't believe $5200 for a Stern Pro is now being discussed as a "good deal"

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what's the difference between the SE and LE
$700
get black trim (if you want it)
topper
more color changing lights on saucers
better warranty
is there anything else I forgot?

Side mirrors

#850 7 years ago

thanks. I forgot that, not a fan myself. If I would pick one up, probably wait for HUO discount on a SE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/17?hl=doug_duba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.