(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 26.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I hope your sources are not correct. Really $1000 difference between the bottom and next tier is crazy to me. Assuming $6500 is correct for the standard I don't think I am to happy with that price...It should be more like add $500 for the middle tier and add $600 on top of the middle tier price for the top tier game.

Not sure how you are coming up with this. The color upgrade alone is $400.

If the pricing listed above is accurate people should be dancing in the street.

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I like this look..

I like the backboard a lot.
Im not sold on the side artwork, it seems to much of the same...

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

And maybe they can touch up the woman above the flippers.
She's hideous.

I've grown to appreciate her manly jaw. I think she was ahead of her time...if you know what I mean.

#505 7 years ago

You might be the tappee.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

And maybe they can touch up the woman above the flippers.
She's hideous.

She's not that bad if you don't look at her face

#508 7 years ago

The op should ad a poll to decide which armour colour looks the best on the LE.
I personally think the red looks the best followed by the black.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I just heard, unofficially, $6500/$7500/$8500.
I wouldn't post this here if it wasn't from a credible source, but consider this info far from the official word.
Please don't PM me asking for more details.

that sounds great!

#510 7 years ago

I think $6500 is too high. Players condition games sell for $5k. I can get that and a new play field/decals and still be under $6500. Price for the base model needs to be more like 5-$5500 shipped. If they want to gouge folks on a premium/LE model that is fine. They all play the same

Everyone complains about high prices. But with every release people are ready to throw money at it.

I get it's a "new" machine but the game is not. To me it only makes sense that if I am going to spend new pinball prices I am looking for a new game. And even those prices are getting ridiculous.

Will be interesting to see how they price it. If prices are fair they will sell plenty for sure.

#511 7 years ago

its a new game to many

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I think $6500 is too high. Players condition games sell for $5k. I can get that and a new play field/decals and still be under $6500.

You are not the market for this game. There are people who don't know how to take the glass off. They're not going to buy a used game. They're not going to put on new decals. Shit, I've been doing this for a decade and I've never put on new decals!

It's a proven classic and there are people who will want a new one. Look at video game arcade sales. I can go pick up a used original Pac-Man for $300 all day long....but Namco makes NEW Pac-Man arcade games and sells them for thousands. There is another market besides DIY hobbyists.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure how you are coming up with this. The color upgrade alone is $400.
If the pricing listed above is accurate people should be dancing in the street.

It's not $400 extra to them right?

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You are not the market for this game. There are people who don't know how to take the glass off. They're not going to buy a used game. They're not going to put on new decals. Shit, I've been doing this for a decade and I've never put on new decals!
It's a proven classic and there are people who will want a new one. Look at video game arcade sales. I can go pick up a used original Pac-Man for $300 all day long....but Namco makes NEW Pac-Man arcade games and sells them for thousands. There is another market besides DIY hobbyists.

Shit, I've been doing this for almost 30 years and never installed new decals. I've even bought a set once but sold the game.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its a new game to many

I have only ever played this game one time. So to me it is a new game. And I started playing back in 1970's. Just got out of playing around the time of the big B/W era. Actually, I've never played most of the B/W DMD games.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I think $6500 is too high. Players condition games sell for $5k. I can get that and a new play field/decals and still be under $6500. Price for the base model needs to be more like 5-$5500 shipped. If they want to gouge folks on a premium/LE model that is fine. They all play the same
Everyone complains about high prices. But with every release people are ready to throw money at it.
I get it's a "new" machine but the game is not. To me it only makes sense that if I am going to spend new pinball prices I am looking for a new game. And even those prices are getting ridiculous.
Will be interesting to see how they price it. If prices are fair they will sell plenty for sure.

Will this game you are building have every single part and wire brand new, and include LED's?

#516 7 years ago

Hmmm, $6500 for a used game with lots of used parts or $6500 for a new game. Many many many people will choose new. It just makes sense.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

It's not $400 extra to them right?

This is what is expected.

#517 7 years ago

I just played a few games of this game today.

I gotta say Afm is my favorite game and this plays good. They are gonna sell a lot
Of em because it's a great game.

I could do without the tacky noisy topper and the mega display but I'm sure many will take them up on it.

#518 7 years ago

"Limited" is a relative notion.

There are only 510 SEGA Godzilla machines, so yeah, mega mega limited there.
If they sell like 9000 Standard editions, sure the LE is relatively limited.

#519 7 years ago

Stern only made 250 XM Magnetos with a beautiful mirror backglass, and outstanding artwork on the cab. It did not do much for the value or demand.

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

"Limited" is a relative notion.
There are only 510 SEGA Godzilla machines, so yeah, mega mega limited there.
If they sell like 9000 Standard editions, sure the LE is relatively limited.

In today's world LE just means super bling, bling model. 200, 500 or 1000. These numbers don't really mean a thing.

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just played a few games of this game today.
I gotta say Afm is my favorite game and this plays good. They are gonna sell a lot
Of em because it's a great game.
I could do without the tacky noisy topper and the mega display but I'm sure many will take them up on it.

Topper is obnoxious, but the jumbo screen is great! I haven't seen it in person but in pics it looks good to me. $1000 good, probably not. Standard edition is the way to go, but you have to add $400 for the color. Bummer. I'm still out at $6500...$6000 I'm in.

#522 7 years ago

I have also heard from two very credible sources:
Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500

If that is the pricing, I think it is pretty good.

Probably nailed it right at the market sweet point.

rd

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I could do without the tacky noisy topper and the mega display but I'm sure many will take them up on it

I agree, although I love the jumbo color display and am getting used to the speaker LED's.
I dont need or love the topper.

Definitely want black trim it matches the back box better from a front view.

#524 7 years ago

One thing I don't like is the strobing of the inserts. They are "off" only slightly to the point where it can be hard to tell if a insert is in fact solid or blinking. Maybe something that can be addressed in code

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

One thing I don't like is the strobing of the inserts. They are "off" only slightly to the point where it can be hard to tell if a insert is in fact solid or blinking. Maybe something that can be addressed in code

I noticed that too.

Maybe a diffuser to even out the brightness of the LED's? We will definitely have to wait and see.

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would be pretty sure they can sort that out. Voltage needs to be zero to the LED boards when they are off.

Worse case, they'd need to add a resistor to the LED boards.

rd

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
rd

Maybe a few might be coming to NZ then

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Maybe a few might be coming to NZ then

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if we can easily switch them to 230v.

If so, I can ship you guys a few pins back, no problems.

rd

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
rd

$6,500 for the base...they will sell a lot of games at that price.

I'd take a brand new NIB game for $6,500 over a 20+ year old players condition for $5,000.

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
rd

At $6500 even my tight, broke ass might buy one. Would have to let go of a few low dollar games but would be worth it.

#531 7 years ago

Yellow FTW! Surprisingly it really grew on me and my wife likes it so that's an added bonus! Congrats to all the new pinballers entering the AFM club!

IMG_20170317_222838 (resized).jpgIMG_20170317_222838 (resized).jpg

#532 7 years ago

I saw these in person today. The wide vision LCD display totally rocks. It makes the game look new and not dated. In fact the display is wider than the new stern display is tall so they are very comparable. Only JJP does it bigger.

The lights on the saucers are integrated with gameplay and change colors.....very cool effect.

I can't explain it but this game feels like AFM to me. The MMR felt slightly different than the original for some reason.

Ken

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

At $6500 even my tight, broke ass might buy one. Would have to let go of a few low dollar games but would be worth it.

you still have my number?

Ill be in Pittsburgh in July and currently room to bring home 1 (maybe 2) more.

just sayin...

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Quoted from Whysnow:

you still have my number?
just sayin...

I'll be in Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks, I'll be happy to take a few of those classic Sterns!

Just sayin ...

rd

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
rd

That's $8.5 Aussie. Add the usual $1k shipping premium and it could be around $9600 here for the base. I'm there all day at that price. Bring it. Shit, I'm up to four machines already this year. I was supposed to be having a year off!

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's $8.5 Aussie. Add the usual $1k shipping premium and it could be around $9600 here for the base. I'm there all day at that price. Bring it. Shit, I'm up to four machines already this year. I was supposed to be having a year off!

Don't forget $400-450 customs charges and your 10% GST tax on top.

So more like $11,500.

rd

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Base $6500
Mid $7500
Super LE $8500
rd

Quoted from Whysnow:you still have my number?
just sayin...

Quoted from rotordave:

I'll be in Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks, I'll be happy to take a few of those classic Sterns!
Just sayin ...
rd

I'm on the other side of PA.

#538 7 years ago

curious to know what the differences are between the models. besides the topper and trim

#539 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm on the other side of PA.

I can drive a lot of miles ... I'm used to it

rd

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Shit, I'm up to four machines already this year. I was supposed to be having a year off!

You need to make me a good price on those aprons so I can help you sell some here in the states to help fund those machines.

#541 7 years ago

Not trying to be the buzzkill here, guys, but I'd dial it back until the official release on pricing comes out. Last thing I'd want to see is this community "chanting it to the point of believing it" and then the real pricing comes out that is way different, and everyone gets all bent out of shape.

Yes, I am an owner, and I couldn't care less if my game drops to $500 in value. I want to see everyone be able to get one, but let's "keep it real" until we know for sure what the pricing will be...

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I noticed that too.
Maybe a diffuser to even out the brightness of the LED's?

Well, they shouldn't have any problem scraping up a few diffusers.

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not trying to be the buzzkill here, guys, but I'd dial it back until the official release on pricing comes out. Last thing I'd want to see is this community "chanting it to the point of believing it" and then the real pricing comes out that is way different, and everyone gets all bent out of shape.
Yes, I am an owner, and I couldn't care less if my game drops to $500 in value. I want to see everyone be able to get one, but let's "keep it real" until we know for sure what the pricing will be...

I hope CGC price AFMr at
$5999 Standard
$6999 SE
$7999 LE

No reason they can't, they make the cabinets and playfields so that's a big advantage over Stern with cost.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't forget $400-450 customs charges and your 10% GST tax on top.

Damn. If only I had a pinball related business where all my pinball machines were actually R&D assets so that I could negate the GST. Oh, wait!

#545 7 years ago

Those are the numbers I heard today.

If the standard is below 6K, a lot of business will swing their way.

Looks like its Aliens or Aliens or Alien (Steven Tyler)!.
this year....

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Damn. If only I had a pinball related business where all my pinball machines were actually R&D assets so that I could negate the GST. Oh, wait!

You'd have to pay back the GST when you sold the game though, eh?

Unless you sold it to "someone" for $1500, say ... minimising the GST amount ...

rd

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I hope CGC price AFMr at
$5999 Standard
$6999 SE
$7999 LE
No reason they can't, they make the cabinets and playfields so that's a big advantage over Stern with cost.

Exactly. It's basically a pro level Stern...should be able to get it out the door with an MSRP of $5999. They might not be able to keep up with demand at that point! Plus, they'll get another instant $400 for each color upgrade. Money in the bank!

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Hmmm, $6500 for a used game with lots of used parts or $6500 for a new game. Many many many people will choose new. It just makes sense.

This is what is expected.

Nothing is directly obvious.

If a person is a hardcore collector, "new" does not make anything more lucrative. It actually works in reverse. They see through the veil. There is no pettiness, it is much more direct.

"New" pushes us away like poles on magnet. It is not exclusive to current or future values. Collectors will take a used original game in excellent condition, all the time, every day of the week for the equal cost of a remake, minor flaws included.

It only makes sense of you are player, simply want to own the game, or not willing to put effort, time, or skill into a restoration. Quite typical at the current moment, especially when some blame older collectors being the source of the problem by "hoarding" games.

Remakes are marketed to a different type of buyer, predominating new enthusiasts, and not a viable sales product in times of market stagnation as they fail or marginally successful, as senior collectors do not want them, new buyers are not around, and operator sales are small.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Nothing is obvious.
If a person is a hardcore collector, "new" does not make anything more lucrative. It actually works in reverse.
"New" pushes us away like poles on magnet. It is not exclusive to current or future values. Collectors will take a used game in excellent condition, all the time, every day of the week for the equal cost of a remake, minor flaws included.
It only makes sense of you are player, simply want to own the game, or not willing to put effort, time, or skill into a restoration.
Remakes are marketed to a different type of buyer, predominating new enthusiasts, and not a viable sales product in times of market stagnation as they fail, as senior collectors do not want them, new buyers are not around, and operator sales are small.

Thankfully most people want to play their games, not "collect" them. Very few want to restore their own games. That's expensive and takes serious time. I just want to play them. Bring on the remakes!

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thankfully most people want to play their games, not "collect" them. Very few want to restore their own games. That's expensive and takes serious time. I just want to play them. Bring on the remakes!

U can b both lol.... i play alot but also collect very nice originals or restored originals.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/11?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.