(Topic ID: 183784)

Attack from Mars (Remake) has landed in Dallas, Texas - with pics!

By hassellcastle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,296 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170525-132527 (resized).png
grain (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557848624 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490557842319 (resized).jpg
20160902_042121 (resized).jpg
20160902_042153 (resized).jpg
20161008_114109 (resized).jpg
20170201_044004 (resized).jpg
20161008_114151 (resized).jpg
LargeDMD_AFMR_remake (resized).JPG
ColorDMD_AFM (resized).JPG
screen shot 2017-01-26 at 093258 (resized).png
mmrow (resized).jpg
don-quixote (resized).png
wear (resized).jpg
afm-TracCowAfter-lg (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Spot on....they must change the letters if they go green and they need to do the side hinges in color powdercoat.

Nice job!

#452 7 years ago

Red for sure if they don't change the lettering,,,,,,

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Spot on....they must change the letters if they go green and they need to do the side hinges in color powdercoat.
Nice job!

It IS the red planet, after all.

#454 7 years ago

After much years in the hobby, my experience the chrome gives wealth, makes less toy. It's a sure bet that joins more people. I don't understand that this option is not available???

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Better than the green. But I still think glossy black would be best (or traditional stainless)

#456 7 years ago

It blows my mind that anyone, let alone multiple people, approved that green for the LE.... are you kidding me?

Aside from that, this game looks great. Glad to see it be remade. Never liked it myself, but it's a classic and it's loved.

#457 7 years ago

Always had a soft spot for AFM - there was one in the pizza place next to my apartment in college. Would love to get a remake in the future. Anyhow, time to put my Photoshop skills to good use: here's the LE with gloss black or matching red trim for everyone's viewing pleasure. I also made the speaker lights glow red. Maybe this will help inform the final decision.

AFM_Trims (resized).jpgAFM_Trims (resized).jpg

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Anyhow, time to put my Photoshop skills to good use: here's the LE with gloss black or matching red trim for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Once you go black you never go back

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Always had a soft spot for AFM - there was one in the pizza place next to my apartment in college. Would love to get a remake in the future. Anyhow, time to put my Photoshop skills to good use: here's the LE with gloss black or matching red trim for everyone's viewing pleasure. I also made the speaker lights glow red. Maybe this will help inform the final decision.

Man I dig the red and the black. A friend of mine likes the green and it just might grow on me as well. Different strokes for different folks.

#460 7 years ago

Thought that I would create a quick mock-up, too... hope that this image helps!

AFM_Remake_color test.jpgAFM_Remake_color test.jpg

#461 7 years ago

The speaker lights change with the gameplay...so, no one should be worried about how they match the trim.

Red looks hot in those mockups. If CGC changes from green to red - instant sales boost.

#462 7 years ago

Red and black look excellent

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Always had a soft spot for AFM

3 different locations had one near me on route back in the day. It and No Fear kept me winning games all day long.

#464 7 years ago

Black is HOT. I might have to upgrade if they offer it

#465 7 years ago

what the heck.......I'll take one of each!

#466 7 years ago

Black FTW

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Once you go black you never go back

Your talking about coffee right?

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Your talking about coffee right?

Of course

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Black is HOT. I might have to upgrade if they offer it

Going back to your old girlfriend will cost in the divorce.

#470 7 years ago

Just like a seller that wants you to contact them for a price, if the price was what we wanted to hear it would have been announced already. If they could be bragging on the price, they would be.

Just my prediction.

#471 7 years ago

I have to say initially I wasn't so sure about AFM- but if they're avail at Pinfest....she shall be coming home w/me !

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just like a seller that wants you to contact them for a price, if the price was what we wanted to hear it would have been announced already. If they could be bragging on the price, they would be.
Just my prediction.

I am optimistic on the price, 7 mote days and we will all know!

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am optimistic on the price, 7 mote days and we will all know!

Not that I think it will happen but just food for the thought. If they price these to compete with Stern pro on up there will be some heads exploding. It would turn the market upside down. Could you imagine a NIB AFMR basic at $5500. Crazy man, just a crazy thought.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not that I think it will happen but just food for the thought. If they price these to compete with Stern pro on up there will be some heads exploding. It would turn the market upside down. Could you imagine a NIB AFMR basic at $5500. Crazy man, just a crazy thought.

One game every three years at a decent price isn't going to turn the market upside down.

#475 7 years ago

Heads will be safe, rest assured the basic won't be $5500.

Quoted from arcademojo:

#476 7 years ago

What are the chances that CGC would do a remake like TOM, MB, or AF?

Looks like from the first two, that they're aiming the games on the top 10 list here.

#477 7 years ago

TAF would sell VERY well.

#478 7 years ago

Stern Pros aren't $5,500. They MSRP for $5,500 and you usually pick them up for $4,700 shipped.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Could you imagine a NIB AFMR basic at $5500. Crazy man, just a crazy thought.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Stern Pros aren't $5,500. They MSRP for $5,500 and you usually pick them up for $4,700 shipped.

MSRP $6,199 for a Aerosmith pro. MET pro and GB pro are MSRP $6,099. I have heard now the lowest is $5199 shipped. If you have a lead on where I could get one for any pro NIB cheaper then $5199 please pm me!

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.54.07 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.54.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.54.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.54.20 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.54.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-17 at 9.54.35 AM (resized).png

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

They MSRP for $5,500 and you usually pick them up for $4,700 shipped.

Please show me anywhere I can get a production-line-model NIB for $4,700 shipped. And no, WWE Pro is not on the production line anymore.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You might want to call a distributor. It's not 2014 anymore. Pros are $5200 shipped now.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might want to call a distributor. It's not 2014 anymore. Pros are $5200 shipped now.

you may want to call a different distributor. the MOST I have been quoted for delivered is $5100.

A few have been under that.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

TAF would sell VERY well.

Easy to say if you don't know the price ...

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The speakers look rather weird IMO. Like cheap upgraded car speakers mounted in a hacked up rear parcel shelf.
Style is totally out of keeping with the rest of the machine. They look so out of place that they catch the eye more than anything else - especially being so brightly LED lit.

I agree. I am thinking classic just to avoid the gaudy add ons

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you may want to call a different distributor. the MOST I have been quoted for delivered is $5100.
A few have been under that.

Yea, I think us west coast guys get screwed - maybe it's the shipping costs? It's usually $5195 from all 4 of the distributors I contact. But if CA guys are getting better prices than that for single NIB games, feel free to pm me.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

if the price was what we wanted to hear it would have been announced already.

This wasn't the PPS/CGC announcement, someone posted photos. That is yet to come. And I do believe it will be in line with what people want to hear.

LTG : )

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

One game every three years at a decent price isn't going to turn the market upside down.

Your missing the whole point with your statement. Yeah 1 game every three years isn't going to be the killer. But if you look at it from another point of view. there will be a lot more games coming to the second hand market from people selling off to get this game.
At $7500 not a chance in hell for me. At $6500 it would be very tempting but I would hold off for the next one. At $5500. It would be SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! Must have it!

#488 7 years ago

At $5,500 it would be "SOLD!! SOLD!! SOLD!!

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

At $5,500 it would be "SOLD!! SOLD!! SOLD!!

Yeah, and if I could get a Ferrari for $500 I totally would too.

I'm not going to speculate on prices. Everyone will find out in a week and then everyone can spaz out either way.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, and if I could get a Ferrari for $500 I totally would too.
I'm not going to speculate on prices. Everyone will find out in a week and then everyone can spaz out either way.

But, but, this is Pinside! We speculate, criticize and argue on everything!

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

But, but, this is Pinside! We speculate, criticize and argue on everything!

All while we swear we're not doing that!

#492 7 years ago

I just heard, unofficially, $6500/$7500/$8500.

I wouldn't post this here if it wasn't from a credible source, but consider this info far from the official word.

Please don't PM me asking for more details.

#493 7 years ago

If first run AFMr's are without QC issues & priced right I'd prolly buy one NIB this year during run #2.

If the AFMr price sucks I'll just wait a year or so from now when a HUO Aerosmith Pro has decent code, PF's proven good/bad & have a cost in the 4's.

Life is easy if you're patient

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I wouldn't post this here if it wasn't from a credible source, but consider this info far from the official word.

Not bad if true but after shipping and adding upgrades to classic it will b more like 7200-7400? Still not bad imo for a nib afm with upgraded color and shaker..... cheaper than a original in most cases

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This wasn't the PPS/CGC announcement, someone posted photos. That is yet to come. And I do believe it will be in line with what people want to hear.
LTG : )

They are sending me a free game?

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I hope your sources are not correct. Really $1000 difference between the bottom and next tier is crazy to me. Assuming $6500 is correct for the standard I don't think I am to happy with that price...It should be more like add $500 for the middle tier and add $600 on top of the middle tier price for the top tier game.

#497 7 years ago

I think this game needs backboard decals.

What options are available? What did the prototype look like etc...

I saw the PDI illuminated backboard, Im not impressed with the colors.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think this game needs backboard decals.
What options are available? What did the prototype look like etc...
I saw the PDI illuminated backboard, Im not impressed with the colors.

I like this look..20161008_114151 (resized).jpg20161008_114151 (resized).jpg

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I like this look..

And maybe they can touch up the woman above the flippers.

She's hideous.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

And maybe they can touch up the woman above the flippers.
She's hideous.

Yea well not everything can be perfect lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-has-landed-in-dallas-texas-with-pics/page/10?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.