856F8BF9-FD07-4923-AF1C-1B8FD3CA87C4 (resized).jpeg
EDBA0EDD-F8DC-4085-9FE3-5AA6CDFB6C15 (resized).jpeg
2F6A43C7-DC4D-424E-9E9E-2AC8C26C3F70 (resized).jpeg
98E02F99-BE2C-4AB6-8A9C-7E28C85247D6 (resized).jpeg
Shooter Lane Ramp(1).pdf (PDF preview)
20211029_125131 (resized).jpg
20210506_170307 (resized).jpg
20210416_183443 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

It would be helpful to know how many people are having the flipper, shooter and topper issues. And if and what they did to fix them.
I have never had a topper issue or a coil adjustment issue. Mine machine is on -2 where it has been since day 1.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I want to know about communications from CGC and other technical issues people are having and how they are being solved.

The communications for a small issue I have had with CGC have been outstanding!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

(AFMr-0196 Aug 2017).

Yeah my game is also an early build. 8-1-2017

#18 6 years ago

Quoted from snaroff:My game was built on 12/6 and received on 12/11. Flippers were wildly strong...game played awful. Dialed the flippers down to -23 and it was more playable (but still not great). Shooter lane was wonky and had some success adjusting it, however it was never 100%.
On 12/15 (game #19), the right flipper died resulting in a blown Solenoid board. CGC sent me a new board, flipper coils and harness. Arrived 7 days later, despite being promised 2-day shipping.
While installing the coils/harness, noticed the coil sleeve was melted into the right flipper coil housing (common when bad things happen). Unfortunately, didn't have a spare coil sleeve. Drove to a pinball buddy to snarf a coil sleeve.
After installing the new board on 12/22, noticed topper functions weren’t working (color changing LED’s and martian moveme

Wow! That is..... Wow! Thank you for posting this. There apparently is a problem with new Solenoid boards based on what you have said here. They are not enabling the topper. Good Info. Well Done!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

totally unclear if it's the Solenoid boards. I guess it's conceivable I happened to get 2 bad boards, but I'm skeptical (since many other folks are blowing solenoid boards). You'd think the 2nd board would have received testing? Again, J109 was DOA.
My gut says it's something upstream that's zapping the boards. As I've said in other posts, why do so many folks have to dial down the flippers to -23? Makes no sense. The power management just seems wonky. During the debug process, CGC questioned my AC voltage which I proved was spot-on using a cool measuring device I posted about (116-120, depending on the time

It will be really interesting to see how they get you squared away. Please keep us updated!

#25 6 years ago

lights, no martian motor or interaction with game. Still waiting for a hopeful solution to show up. CGC has changed their mind three times on what to send out to try to resolve this. No blown solenoid boards here.
Shooter lane issue maybe 25-35% of shots. Sounds like people are solving this so about to start reading up.
Have a few consistent minor issues like ball flying off wire into outlanes, but that should be a matter of slightly bending or re-positioning wire forms.

I think we also need to keep in mind that CGC Pinball is a new company and they are learning as they go along too.

#60 6 years ago

OK so I just received and installed a new Controller Board (AFMrLE) my game settings with my old board had the flipper coils at -2. That setting was just right to prevent the overpowered flippers causing crazy air balls at default.
The new board had all the coil adjustments set to default ( to be expected) As I played my first game I noticed the flippers felt weak had trouble getting the ball to go up the ramps with any speed So I bumped up the flipper coils to +2 Perfect! This is what I would consider normal behavior for the coil adjustment!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

What was your experience prior to the board blowing?

I didn't have the flipper coil issues that a lot of these guys are seeing. My game responded to coil adjustments just fine. The board was replaced for a separate issue. I just thought it was significant that the flippers were weak at default instead overpowered. ( I have an early build date 8-1-2017)

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I think it’s interesting that changing the controller board would have that affect. The coil power and code really comes from the Solenoid Driver Board. The controller board is just sending on and off messages. But if you’re happy and the game is working then all good!

I felt the same way. Im surprised that it affected the machine that way. It just seems more normal now with a +2 on the flipper coil. Go figure....

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The instructions are to have your flipper power set to default until the software update. It is clear. You could be risking your solenoid board again.

Don't think so here... It's clear that my situation did not involve the solenoid board It involved the controller board for a different reason

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

My 12v power supply failed day 1 had i think 8 games with wife and KAPOOT I have a sheet covering it and pretending its not there we enjoyed the games we played though

Man that stinks! Please let us know how CGC gets you going again!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sucks. fyi...when the warranty expires, you can buy the exact part on Amazon.

Thanks for that snaroff! As always you are on it!

#79 6 years ago

I did the CGC fix mine works perfect everytime at any setting.

#81 6 years ago

If they did the factory fix and it didn’t work, they need to open a ticket and say whats next!

#83 6 years ago

Wow. That many huh! There has to be a solution for you so that you dont have to use that. Once they have the software update out you should be able to dial down the flipper coils and eliminate the airball to some degree.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Bending is a half assed fix. I can't believe they released that as a "repair

What did you have in mind? I guess they could have sent out new ramps.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The folks building these machines should be verifying it all comes together and works properly as a whole.
snaroff

This is the truth we will probably never truly see. (unfortunately) even though it may happen and should, if the remake brand will be successful long term.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Telling folks to put their flipper power back to "default" for 3 weeks (resulting in nonstop airballs) is equivalent to telling folks to turn the game off for 3 weeks while they figure this out. Not optimal...to be polite

Amen There! But it can be forgivable if it occurs only once and there is learning involved( making so it wont happen again) The board failures are also a forgivable issue if the problem is located and rectified in a timely fashion. Whether these boards will be available for sale in ten years is an entirely different matter! Which might make us hug our original W/B games!

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s how mine looks

If It Aint Broke Don’t Fix It!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

GC sent a replacement chip for my topper. Even came with the tool to pull it out. I thought it’d take 30 secs but that sucker is in there tight. The chip so flush with the socket it’s hard to know what is chip and which is the socket which I’m afraid to pull too hard on. Why isn’t anything easy

Let us know if it gets you going!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Dodgey:

Ok the reason: my right loop switch has been getting slightly more bent every few hundred games. The ball now gets diverted to the left (slightly) causing it to " jiggle" and then knock off the bumper jet guard rather than follow the smooth (right rail)trajectory up to the bumper jets or the loop. This is causing increasing failed shots on the right loop. This right loop s

OK maybe it is broke lets fix it!

#130 6 years ago

Open a ticket with CGC on that motor noise. The air balls should be rectified once you are allowed to dial down your flipper power some (waiting on software upgrade)

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The topper is loud;

Shouldn't be so loud that it drowns out the alien speech, sounds like a problem there.

#133 6 years ago

I have him on strong and I just here the motion noise not the motor.

#135 6 years ago

I was under the impression it was PICs.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The topper is loud; you can turn his intensity down in the CGC menu of settings, but, yeah, he's loud

I am glad you brought this up. I have never played with the topper strength til now. I have discovered that my topper strength will NOT adjust at all. It appears that it is strong all the time on off light or strong. I even rebooted the game after changing the adjustment. Have any of you guys changed your topper settings? How did that work out for ya?

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Ok, tried again and took the board out and laid it on the table and did it! Much easier for me and now my topper is working like it should.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I am glad you brought this up. I have never played with the topper strength til now. I have discovered that my topper strength will NOT adjust at all. It appears that it is strong all the time on off light or strong. I even rebooted the game after changing the adjustment. Have any of you guys changed your topper settings? How did that work out for ya?

OK I got it to adjust. I had to reboot the machine again

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I run mine on light.

Yeah I discovered that yesterday and yes I turned mine down to light as well!

3 weeks later
#161 6 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

It feels like something that's going to get worse

That does not look good. I would open a ticket on that before it gets worse.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

seem to have their heart in the right place.

Lets hope so! I guess we will see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.