856F8BF9-FD07-4923-AF1C-1B8FD3CA87C4 (resized).jpeg
EDBA0EDD-F8DC-4085-9FE3-5AA6CDFB6C15 (resized).jpeg
2F6A43C7-DC4D-424E-9E9E-2AC8C26C3F70 (resized).jpeg
98E02F99-BE2C-4AB6-8A9C-7E28C85247D6 (resized).jpeg
Shooter Lane Ramp(1).pdf (PDF preview)
20211029_125131 (resized).jpg
20210506_170307 (resized).jpg
20210416_183443 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Very much appreciate you starting this thread as the other one had gone off the rails, in my opinion.
I’ve had a few issues with my LE, but Doug has been in touch with me and I feel confident they’ll be fixed. I’ll post the issues and corresponding fixes once I have them ironed out.
Thanks again for starting this thread.
Loving my AFM remake!

Flippers locking up also? (sorry, I had to pry)

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This has happened to us a few times now. Patience is the key.

The flipper died on you a few times?

#27 6 years ago

You're all not alone in the flipper debacle. I too had a left, and right flipper go dead on me. Simultaneously.

Cats out of the bag now. I'll post up about my experience once it comes to a conclusion. For now, I will leave emotions out of it, and let the chips fall where they may.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sucks to see some of the issues but it still seems to be a small percentage overall.
If anyone has the post for the shooter lane please post/link here. I’ll look for it later if I can.
Current firmware/software is still 1.0.0 I believe as well. I’ll update the first post with that and a link to the software page. Really want to have a kind of master post with fixes listed. I’ve seen that on other forums for other things and it works well.

I believe we are about to find out exactly how "small of a percentage" this is, very shortly.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Put in my ticket for the Topper and ball launch issues last night. Already got back to me. Said they’ve seen this issue on recent machines and are sending me a new PIC 2.0, whatever that is. Also sent PDF on ball alignment and bending that metal part.

PIC 2.0 is their software update?

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK so I just received and installed a new Controller Board (AFMrLE) my game settings with my old board had the flipper coils at -2. That setting was just right to prevent the overpowered flippers causing crazy air balls at default.
The new board had all the coil adjustments set to default ( to be expected) As I played my first game I noticed the flippers felt weak had trouble getting the ball to go up the ramps with any speed So I bumped up the flipper coils to +2 Perfect! This is what I would consider normal behavior for the coil adjustment!

What was your experience prior to the board blowing?

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Lots of bending going on here........ Its so funny how many people are still complaining about the shooter but I have only heard from two other pinsiders that tried the fix i mentioned and they are having zero issues now. Ill keep playing my game and making that super fast skill shot every time. Go figure.

Bending is a half assed fix. I can't believe they released that as a "repair"

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If CGC did as you suggest, guess what? Many of you would still have to bend it for it to hit the black chute in the proper place. Many of them mechanisms used by CGC are the original mechs! They haven't been reengineered and suffer from many of the same idiosyncrasies. The folks building these machines should be verifying it all comes together and works properly as a whole.
snaroff

Don't mind me...just a bit jaded.

1 month later
#173 6 years ago
Quoted from psivo:

(New to this website so apologies in advance)
Brand new AFMr out of the box (#747 out of 1000). Anyone had an issue with a right flipper being energized as soon as power is turned on, blowing fuse F115? Left flipper has no issues. To help in troubleshooting, we removed the J119 "Lower Flipper" cabling from the Solenoid Power Board and that helped; powering on did NOT energize the flipper and blow the fuse.
We visually inspected for any shorts around the coil and back and found nothing. As per CGC, we then replaced the coil with a brand new one, still occurs. At this point, we are thinking it's a transistor on the Solenoid Power Board but given this is a brand new machine, we are going to request an entirely new board.
I also find it interesting that the manual states F115 is the fuse for the Lower Flipper Left but ours seems reversed; it is supporting (and blowing) the right flipper.
On a side note, we did update the 40pin PIC2 chip to fix a Topper issue (in hopes it would solve the flipper issue but no luck). Thanks for any advice.

Are they fucking serious??? They can't be this fucking dumb. The driver board is finished. They know what needs to be done: Send you another driver board, the PIC chip, and you're done. Why are they wasting time again with flipper coils?

I'm so blown away by AND furious by this post.

#176 6 years ago

I apologize for my reaction in advance to anyone that may have been offended by it. I have been personally effected by this issue, and felt like our diagnosis was ignored. All along it had zero to do with the flipper coils, which they harped on for the LONGEST time.

Just understand my frustration, and i apologize again for my over reaction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread?tu=pinlen83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.