856F8BF9-FD07-4923-AF1C-1B8FD3CA87C4 (resized).jpeg
EDBA0EDD-F8DC-4085-9FE3-5AA6CDFB6C15 (resized).jpeg
2F6A43C7-DC4D-424E-9E9E-2AC8C26C3F70 (resized).jpeg
98E02F99-BE2C-4AB6-8A9C-7E28C85247D6 (resized).jpeg
Shooter Lane Ramp(1).pdf (PDF preview)
20211029_125131 (resized).jpg
20210506_170307 (resized).jpg
20210416_183443 (resized).jpg
There are 545 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Kinda hoping to see what someone else’s LE board/cable looks like before I do something I can’t undo.

Here is one, same as yours. It's too late to open mine up. I cut the pin on mine.

You are safe to do either. Cut the pin or pull the plug in the connector.

I do tech support for the remakes. So you are safe to do this.

LTG : )

amfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpgamfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpg

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Kinda hoping to see what someone else’s LE board/cable looks like before I do something I can’t undo

Here is the one in my game. I cut the pin.

DSC00494 (resized).JPGDSC00494 (resized).JPG

DSC00495 (resized).JPGDSC00495 (resized).JPG

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks for the confirmation!

I wonder what this does since the topper seems to shake and light up without it.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I have also experienced the under powered flippers thing once or twice. I can't say for sure but it seems like it was because I was playing with the flippers during the power on boot and testing sequence before playing. Powering the machine off then back on seemed to make it go away. It would write it off as placebo effect but it was very obvious when it was happening. I was actually worried the flippers had gone bad or burned up.

A couple people have reported this, but i don't think we've seen anything specific around it. Could be the end of stroke switches coming in early. You can always open a support ticket with CGC (link in first post), they might have some suggestions on troubleshooting. You'll probably just hear from LTG first though

#205 6 years ago

Following up on the "limp flipper" issue: CGC said that the power coil automatically cuts out after 20ms (the internet says 40ms, so maybe that was a typo in their reply), and that this matches the behavior of the original Fliptronics II hardware. I.e., the EOS switches are a backup only, unlike with pre-fliptronics boards. I either never knew this, or knew it and forgot it. Hence the "finger test" behavior I described.

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't misadjusted EOS switches - they look plenty wide, and don't contact until very near the actual end of stroke.

Anyway, I've got a ticket open with them - but being such an intermittent issue, and one that's hard to observe when you're not playing, I'm not sure how I'll narrow it down.

w.r.t. the MMr flipper issue I'd made vague reference to: "I believe the issue you referenced with the Medieval Madness flippers was someone on pinside thought they found a variance in flipper timing that we introduced. However, the flipper variance existed on the original as well, as it only polls the flipper switches every 4ms, meaning on both the Medieval Madness remake and original, there can be a 0-4ms delay in the flipper firing."

#206 6 years ago

Pulled the plug on my input wire for the topper and plugged it in. Everything seems to be working. But it all seemed to be working before too. So honestly not sure what difference it actually makes to have that wire plugged in.

Still curious if both the martians eyes in the backbox art (not the topper) are supposed to light up or just the left eye.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

just the left eye.

Just the left.

#208 6 years ago

Not sure if this is the right thread for this,.. but noticed something odd with the Right flipper on my AFMR LE. Once a game starts, the flipper seems to ride up about 4 mm (1/8 inch ??) and stay there after each flip. I wasn't able to get a pic of the flipper at its most misaligned, but this included pic gives you the idea. It will settle back a little after the ball drains. Doesn't actually affect game play in any way I can notice,.. but the 2 flippers are certainly a little askew of each other. Game start or game over the flipper settles back in line with the pinhole. Left flipper stays aligned with the pinhole all the time.

SOL 2.0 installed, and flippers on -2,.. I've had them on -4 and basically same behaviour. Is this a simulation of original behaviour?, a quirk? or possibly sign of something sinister and I should raise a ticket?

AFMRleftNormal (resized).jpgAFMRleftNormal (resized).jpg

AFMRleftHi (resized).jpgAFMRleftHi (resized).jpg

#209 6 years ago

Check your return spring. Mine was doing the same thing and had broken.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Check your return spring. Mine was doing the same thing and had broken.

Bazinga,.. exactly the problem!! The ring end of the spring has broken, and it is sitting there doing nothing. Now to get it sorted out.

1 week later
#211 6 years ago

Is the allen wrench required to remove the back box hinges included in the table somewhere?

Support has tried to explain to me where I should be able to find it but I just cannot find it. :/

I had to remove the back box to get the machine through my front door.

#212 6 years ago

No, it is not included.

1 week later
#213 6 years ago

I was taking out the metal shooter ramp at the top of the shooter lane to fix my ball launch issue. I ended up having to take off the right side wire ramp. When I put it back together I found this metal piece laying on the pf. I think it goes where the wire ramp attaches to the cow ramp? Does it go : cow ramp, wire ramp, and then this piece on the bottom? Or does it go in between the cow ramp and wire ramp?

20180317_233441 (resized).jpg20180317_233441 (resized).jpg

20180317_233451 (resized).jpg20180317_233451 (resized).jpg

#214 6 years ago

You’re right about location. It is sandwiched between the metal and plastic ramps on the cow side. On top of the metal, beneath the plastic.

#215 6 years ago

Thanks! I'm still getting balls not launching up to the rollovers about 25% off the time. It looks like the ball is hitting the metal ball guide that protects the pop bumper. That means the ball is too far to the left. I think I have the ball plunger centered. Any idea if this is a ramp or plunger issue? Either? Or is there something else to check?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Thanks! I'm still getting balls not launching up to the rollovers about 25% off the time. It looks like the ball is hitting the metal ball guide that protects the pop bumper. That means the ball is too far to the left. I think I have the ball plunger centered. Any idea if this is a ramp or plunger issue? Either? Or is there something else to check?

Hey,

Please open a ticket with CGC and indicate what you’ve outlined above. They’ll be able to help you out.

Marc

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Or does it go in between the cow ramp and wire ramp?

Yes

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Hey,
Please open a ticket with CGC and indicate what you’ve outlined above. They’ll be able to help you out.
Marc

And please report back to the group here because I have the exact same issue on my brand new LE and I haven't had time to troubleshoot. I'm just "putting up with it" as I enjoy the game.

#219 6 years ago

I am a super fan of AFM. The game is on my grail list.

I played AFMr at a friend. Is it just me or are the flippers strange? I feel that all the shots I make is off. The end of the flipper feels powerless. I have played many different AFM and know my pinball geometry. To make the shots I have to time them nearer the start of the flipper.

The flipper bats are aligned correctly.

Just me?

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from psivo:

And please report back to the group here because I have the exact same issue on my brand new LE and I haven't had time to troubleshoot. I'm just "putting up with it" as I enjoy the game.

Hi — please open a ticket for yourself and work with CGC. They had posted a while ago that anyone who is not remedied by the ramp fix should reach out for help to get squared away.

Marc

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Hi — please open a ticket for yourself and work with CGC. They had posted a while ago that anyone who is not remedied by the ramp fix should reach out for help to get squared away.
Marc

Will do, thank you! It's good to hear that others (might have) had the same issues and it's not just me.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I played AFMr at a friend. Is it just me or are the flippers strange? I feel that all the shots I make is off. The end of the flipper feels powerless. I have played many different AFM and know my pinball geometry. To make the shots I have to time them nearer the start of the flipper.
Just me?

Many NIB pins require "dialing in" the flippers. Sounds like your friends flippers may need some love...

snaroff

#223 6 years ago

I opened a ticket on my shooter lane issue and will report back. I'm hoping it's just a fuse

#224 6 years ago

I just picked up a AFMr LE (black) over the weekend at TPF. I was told it has the latest "chip" installed. Does that make since? Any issues I need to be on the watch for? I have seen posts here about a flipper issue and perhaps a topper issue. Have these things been addressed with the later builds or is the jury still out on that?

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I just picked up a AFMr LE (black) over the weekend at TPF. I was told it has the latest "chip" installed. Does that make since? Any issues I need to be on the watch for?

New chip lets you properly turn down the flipper strength without damaging the boards. I recommend -3 or -4. Default settings are a bit too strong and you get crazy airballs when you hit the saucer.

Other issue, when you hold a flipper to make a skill shot upon launch, the ball should go all the way around to the flipper. If it gets stuck in the pops they have a fix you can reach out and apply.

Otherwise congrats... play it and have fun!!!

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

New chip lets you properly turn down the flipper strength without damaging the boards. I recommend -3 or -4. Default settings are a bit too strong and you get crazy airballs when you hit the saucer.
Other issue, when you hold a flipper to make a skill shot upon launch, the ball should go all the way around to the flipper. If it gets stuck in the pops they have a fix you can reach out and apply.
Otherwise congrats... play it and have fun!!!

Awesome, thank you!

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Just me?

Flipper power is adjustable on the CGC menu (hold service button for like 5 seconds to activate). It sounds like they just need to be adjusted a bit. HOWEVER, before you or him adjust ANYTHING, make sure he has the PIC2.0 chip installed. If he doesn't have it on the board in the backbox, adjusting the flipper power can damage the driver board.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I was told it has the latest "chip" installed. Does that make since?

Easy to check. Open back box, and compare to these pictures with the latest "chip"

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPG

DSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

before you or him adjust ANYTHING, make sure he has the PIC2.0 chip installed.

Last time i visited I installed the PIC2.0 chip.
Very important before you do anything with the coils. +1 for reminding about it.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have the same exact plug issue
Game #755

1 week later
#231 6 years ago
Quoted from psivo:

Will do, thank you! It's good to hear that others (might have) had the same issues and it's not just me.

Not just you. My LE has the same problem, but I fail about 80% of the time. No clue how to fix it, I have tried the ramp bend, adjusting the plunger, and taking the overhead ramp off.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not just you. My LE has the same problem, but I fail about 80% of the time. No clue how to fix it, I have tried the ramp bend, adjusting the plunger, and taking the overhead ramp off.

Open a ticket with CGC. They may have additional support they can provide for you.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Open a ticket with CGC. They may have additional support they can provide for you.

In fairness I did do that. I have not heard anything back yet.

#234 6 years ago

Follow up again - they should get back to you with other suggestions.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

In fairness I did do that. I have not heard anything back yet.

Please PM me the ticket number.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Follow up again - they should get back to you with other suggestions.

Again, in fairness, I just opened the ticket 1st thing this morning and was not complaining. I was just saying I had not heard anything back yet. I have been fighting this issue for some time trying to solve it myself, but I decided last night it was beyond any changes I could make with what I have on hand.

#237 6 years ago

An update about the flippers feeling off on my friends AFMr. With the pic2.0 installed. Adjusted the flipper strength to +4. The feel was perfect. Such a great looking and playing game now.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I had the same issue even after performing the ramp bend fix, elevating the wire ramp, changing the plunger strength. In talking with another tech, props to Nathan in Columbia, I moved the metal ball guide to the left closer to the pop bumper and that solved it for me.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Again, in fairness, I just opened the ticket 1st thing this morning and was not complaining. I was just saying I had not heard anything back yet. I have been fighting this issue for some time trying to solve it myself, but I decided last night it was beyond any changes I could make with what I have on hand.

OK, I will give props the folks at Chicago Gaming for a quick resolution on this issue. They shipped a fix to me that showed up almost overnight. I installed it today, and the ball is no longer smacking the guard and rolling back into the playfield. I still get a small percentage that seem to rattle through the lane, but i get those on other games I own too. Overall a million times better than it has been, and the response was amazingly quick, especially coming into the holiday weekend. I have been on the fence about buying a MMr......I think I just made up my mind.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

OK, I will give props the folks at Chicago Gaming for a quick resolution on this issue. They shipped a fix to me that showed up almost overnight. I installed it today, and the ball is no longer smacking the guard and rolling back into the playfield. I still get a small percentage that seem to rattle through the lane, but i get those on other games I own too. Overall a million times better than it has been, and the response was amazingly quick, especially coming into the holiday weekend. I have been on the fence about buying a MMr......I think I just made up my mind.

Awesome! Glad that did the trick. Have fun ruling the universe.

#241 6 years ago

I never ended up adjusting my shooter ramp yet. Cranked the plunger strength to max got me at least 80% successful super skill shots.

#242 6 years ago

Anyone have any tips for removing stripped screw on the shooter lane ramp? Mine was stripped from the factory, I opened a ticket and CGC promptly sent me replacement screws and the directions for bending the ramp, but i'm not quite sure how to get the screw out. I don't want to drill it given how tiny it is.

Curious if anyone else had to remove one and how they did it?

Thanks!

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Anyone have any tips for removing stripped screw on the shooter lane ramp? Mine was stripped from the factory, I opened a ticket and CGC promptly sent me replacement screws and the directions for bending the ramp, but i'm not quite sure how to get the screw out. I don't want to drill it given how tiny it is.
Curious if anyone else had to remove one and how they did it?
Thanks!

Yes. You need to get a really good screwdriver with a really hard metal end, put a lot of downward pressure on the screw to get it to turn a few times. Once it’s up a little bit, you can use pliers or other tools it get it the rest of the way out, but, most of the time, once it’s up a little they just come right out. I helped a buddy with his ramp and ran into this. The screw was not stripped from the factory, but it started to as I removed it.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

CGC sent me a new metal ball guide that fixed the issue. Easy to follow instructions and took under 30 minutes.

#245 6 years ago

Found this threaded cylinder laying on the bottom of the cabinet.
Anyone have ideas what it is or where it’s supposed to be affixed?

0DE14DB6-2F47-43B4-858B-B639AEE8D13A (resized).jpeg0DE14DB6-2F47-43B4-858B-B639AEE8D13A (resized).jpeg

#246 6 years ago

Looks like it is a cabinet part to support the play field / hinge area. 2 per side (4 total)
Surplus part ?

9E4F02E3-55FC-42F0-B340-153780823261 (resized).jpeg9E4F02E3-55FC-42F0-B340-153780823261 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#247 6 years ago

Sorry to ask such a noobish question, but here goes:

I got a set of green Titan rubbers, and went to put them on today. There are a couple that I'm finding especially hard to get to without removing ramps.

The dumb question: Are the screws at the bottom of the Tractor Beam ramp just biting into wood, or is there a nut of some sort underneath? I am VERY nervous about removing anything that is lagged in, and those screws look pretty easily damaged to boot.

If so, what's the safest way to get them out? I figure I've got to be missing something, replacing rubbers shouldn't involve repairing wood.

Thanks!

2018-04-15 16.53.51 (resized).jpg2018-04-15 16.53.51 (resized).jpg

#248 6 years ago

They are into the wood only. They are small #6 wood screws. You need a really, really hard tip philips #2 bit and a lot of downward pressure. If they strip a little coming out, you should be able to replace them at a local hardware store.

Marc

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

They are into the wood only. They are small #6 wood screws. You need a really, really hard tip philips #2 bit and a lot of downward pressure. If they strip a little coming out, you should be able to replace them at a local hardware store.
Marc

Good to know, I will proceed accordingly.

Thanks very much!

#250 6 years ago

There are a lot of recommendations for custom settings on the game. Do any of the support people have any recommendations for the game settings now that chip 2.0 is available?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 210.00
There are 545 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread/page/5?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.