856F8BF9-FD07-4923-AF1C-1B8FD3CA87C4 (resized).jpeg
EDBA0EDD-F8DC-4085-9FE3-5AA6CDFB6C15 (resized).jpeg
2F6A43C7-DC4D-424E-9E9E-2AC8C26C3F70 (resized).jpeg
98E02F99-BE2C-4AB6-8A9C-7E28C85247D6 (resized).jpeg
Shooter Lane Ramp(1).pdf (PDF preview)
20211029_125131 (resized).jpg
20210506_170307 (resized).jpg
20210416_183443 (resized).jpg
There are 545 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LTG I have the remake. I think you mentioned a bulletin on getting the ball launched smooth into the top. Mine rattles and doesn’t make it up top on launch. Could you let me know where to find the bulletin if it exists?

Is this what you're looking for? It fixed my issue identical to what you describe.

Shooter Lane Ramp(1).pdfShooter Lane Ramp(1).pdf
#502 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Is this what you're looking for? It fixed my issue identical to what you describe.
[quoted image]

PinballCoug Thanks so much that is it!!!

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea if it exists. Watch the ball, if it's hitting the bottom of the wireform, raise it a bit. Be sure the plunger hits the center of the ball.
LTG : )

LTG so your correct. Plunger is hitting the right side of the ball. Looks like I am going to have to remove some wood if I want it to hit the center of the ball. Bracket is tight against the playfield as the photo shows. Out comes the sawzall!

Thoughts?

2F6A43C7-DC4D-424E-9E9E-2AC8C26C3F70 (resized).jpeg2F6A43C7-DC4D-424E-9E9E-2AC8C26C3F70 (resized).jpeg98E02F99-BE2C-4AB6-8A9C-7E28C85247D6 (resized).jpeg98E02F99-BE2C-4AB6-8A9C-7E28C85247D6 (resized).jpegEDBA0EDD-F8DC-4085-9FE3-5AA6CDFB6C15 (resized).jpegEDBA0EDD-F8DC-4085-9FE3-5AA6CDFB6C15 (resized).jpeg
#504 2 years ago

Don't cut anything.

Is the ball setting on the shooter lane switch crooked ?

Loosen the coil/plunger bracket, try moving it to aim better. Be sure coil sleeve isn't worn.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't cut anything.
Is the ball setting on the shooter lane switch crooked ?
Loosen the coil/plunger bracket, try moving it to aim better. Be sure coil sleeve isn't worn.

No I pulled the switch down to remove the pressure from it. Sitting perfectly in the ball grove. How do I check the coil sleeve for wear. This machine has had plunger issues it whole life. LOL just getting fixed now.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How do I check the coil sleeve for wear.

Remove it. Look it over for wear or cracks.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove it. Look it over for wear or cracks.

I am just looking closer at my pics and you can see the black round thing (maybe sleeve) is clearly to the off to the right by a significant amount.

#508 2 years ago

I tried taking this photo as close to center from above.

856F8BF9-FD07-4923-AF1C-1B8FD3CA87C4 (resized).jpeg856F8BF9-FD07-4923-AF1C-1B8FD3CA87C4 (resized).jpeg
#509 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I tried taking this photo as close to center from above.

Have you tried loosening the bracket and moving the coil/plunger to the left a little ?

#510 2 years ago

One more pic. I bottomed out the shooter rod so the back is flush against the bracket holding the solenoid and you can see it is clearly to the right.

Hmmm how should I align it?

Thanks in advance.

8D609965-D59B-48A7-B598-37A5E365C87A (resized).jpeg8D609965-D59B-48A7-B598-37A5E365C87A (resized).jpeg
#511 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have you tried loosening the bracket and moving the coil/plunger to the left a little ?

Yes sir loosened up all three nuts and am pushing it tight against the playfield wood.

0D6FD4C8-2B46-492D-AAF5-F0FE65583833 (resized).jpeg0D6FD4C8-2B46-492D-AAF5-F0FE65583833 (resized).jpegE4C194BA-CC6A-439C-B07E-ECA77F10C560 (resized).jpegE4C194BA-CC6A-439C-B07E-ECA77F10C560 (resized).jpeg
#512 2 years ago

Remove the bracket and make larger the mounting holes with a round file so you have more room to move the bracket to the left. Your off center. Ever since I centered my plunger I have not had a single ball not make the super skill shot loop around.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Remove the bracket and make larger the mounting holes with a round file so you have more room to move the bracket to the left. Your off center. Ever since I centered my plunger I have not had a single ball not make the super skill shot loop around.

Thanks thats I have no trouble with, except the bracket is pushing tight to the playfield on the left so I also would have to sand or sawzall some of the playfield off on the playfield to move it left.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks thats I have no trouble with, except the bracket is pushing tight to the playfield on the left so I also would have to sand or sawzall some of the playfield off on the playfield to move it left.

You shouldnt have to do anything too extreme. Only a slight adjustment is needed.

I just gripped the whole mech, while it was bolted down, and bent it slightly to center it on the ball.

The steel is pretty soft and bends easily.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You shouldnt have to do anything too extreme. Only a slight adjustment is needed.
I just gripped the whole mech, while it was bolted down, and bent it slightly to center it on the ball.
The steel is pretty soft and bends easily.

Thanks worked perfectly, bent that b itch in and working perfect.

Thanks soooooo much!!

No sawzall or sander needed!!

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks worked perfectly, bent that b itch in and working perfect.
Thanks soooooo much!!
No sawzall or sander needed!!

Your welcome!

As an early adopter, I had to bend and tweak a few things on my game to make it perfect.

This is kinda normal though.

I have never received a NIB game that didnt need to be tweaked and dialed in to make it perfect.

2 months later
#517 2 years ago

I have had my AFM SE for about a year and the SOL popper has never worked correctly. The ball comes out and either goes down the middle or drops down on the right flipper (not the left flipper like everyone says it should) I have tried the different power settings and it only gets worse (Max is the best). If you look at the picture of the marks on the scoop, you can see what the ball is doing. It really just hits straight up and then flops straight out. It doesn't follow the curve of the scoop, so when it hits the scoop it bounces off and slows down. I am the second owner and it has always done this. It does have a cliffy on the hole which could matter although it doesn't look like it is hitting it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_3926 (resized).jpegIMG_3926 (resized).jpeg
#518 2 years ago

Try adding some washers to the screws on the left side of the popper, underneath the playfield, so that the SOL leans more to the left. I had to do this with mine when I first got it and I've had no issues with it since.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

Try adding some washers to the screws on the left side of the popper, underneath the playfield, so that the SOL leans more to the left. I had to do this with mine when I first got it and I've had no issues with it since.

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the tip!

1 month later
#520 2 years ago

I'm hoping someone here can help me troubleshoot an issue with the center scoop and lock scoop.

Setup: Locks are lit and two balls are locked. The saucer scoop is open and ready for the jackpot shot.

When I shoot it into the center scoop it starts multiball when I expected it to award the saucer jackpot. When the multiball starts, the saucer is still open (so it's not awarding both shots).

This only happens occasionally. Do you have any ideas of what could be going on? Where should I start with troubleshooting? I haven't been able to reproduce it with the glass off.

4 months later
#521 1 year ago

I just had a new issue pop up with my CE. My right flipper was acting up, so I replaced the coil. I played about 5-10 games with the new coil and had no problems. Then all of a sudden I got an LED problem. After a multiball, the right loop arrow never turned off. I've turned the game off and on, and even left it unplugged overnight. The right loop arrow is constantly lit. I run through the LED test, and all of the LED's turn on and off, except for the right loop. It never turns off. Any thoughts on what is going on?

#522 1 year ago

Just got a Classic edition last weekend. When I was moving, some of the pins for the backbox light got bent. I straightened them out and all the backbox lights appear ok, but I'm getting some flickering. Anyone else have flickering issues or is something possibly still screwed up on my connection?

1 week later
#523 1 year ago
Quoted from SgtPin18:

Just got a Classic edition last weekend. When I was moving, some of the pins for the backbox light got bent. I straightened them out and all the backbox lights appear ok, but I'm getting some flickering. Anyone else have flickering issues or is something possibly still screwed up on my connection?

Just wanted to tell the fix. I went in the CGC menu and set the backbox lighting to always on and Max brightness and that fixed my issue.

1 month later
#524 1 year ago

The screen in my SE has a white glow in bottom right corner. Anyone else have this issue arise? Its new to me.

1 month later
#525 1 year ago

Having an issue with my speaker lights, they only display the color blue. Anyone know if there are settings to adjust? At one time they rotated colors. Thanks

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Having an issue with my speaker lights, they only display the color blue. Anyone know if there are settings to adjust? At one time they rotated colors. Thanks

There's a setting in the CGC menu.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

There's a setting in the CGC menu.

Thanks, just confirmed it is set to interactive doesn't appear to be the issue. Just for kicks I the setting to red and nothing happened. For what ever reason my light are locked to blue.

Very strange.

2 months later
#528 1 year ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

I'm hoping someone here can help me troubleshoot an issue with the center scoop and lock scoop.
Setup: Locks are lit and two balls are locked. The saucer scoop is open and ready for the jackpot shot.
When I shoot it into the center scoop it starts multiball when I expected it to award the saucer jackpot. When the multiball starts, the saucer is still open (so it's not awarding both shots).
This only happens occasionally. Do you have any ideas of what could be going on? Where should I start with troubleshooting? I haven't been able to reproduce it with the glass off.

I am having same issue did you ever get this resolved? Would love to know so I can fix mine too!

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdhops:

I am having same issue did you ever get this resolved? Would love to know so I can fix mine too!

I just fixed this issue on my dad's game. The microswitch that the ball rolls on when it goes in the saucer scoop needed to be bent so it would activate the switch earlier. As it was it would only activate when the top of the wire was even with or just past the switch cutout so the saucers would often not be rewarded and it would count as a lock or sometimes get lost until a ball search brought it back up.

You can pull down on the switch and you'll hear a tiny click when it gets activated, just have to make sure it clicks before the top of the wire gets past the cutout. I think I removed the two screws and pulled out the switch to bend it but you might not have to. I took a pic when I was in there showing the switch you'll have to adjust. Hope this helps.
85DB1F63-208B-4831-B60C-DD52F5143828 (resized).jpeg85DB1F63-208B-4831-B60C-DD52F5143828 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#530 1 year ago

Nice game Id plate from PINBALL PLATES.
I like them, I thought placing it on the lockdown bar made it more prominent than on the backbox.
Plus the Jim, the owner of the company is a super nice guy.

IMG-5816 (resized).jpgIMG-5816 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#531 1 year ago

Hello everyone,
Is this the only AFM remake thread there is?
Google foo is failing me.

Have a technical question about afm classic and not sure it this is the right thread to do so.

Edit: looks like it is the right thread so this is my question:

Can Afm remake classic be upgraded to the xl screen?
If so, who sells the screen?
I only see the screen for Mmr and not Afm

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Hello everyone,
Is this the only AFM remake thread there is?
Google foo is failing me.
Have a technical question about afm classic and not sure it this is the right thread to do so.
Edit: looks like it is the right thread so this is my question:
Can Afm remake classic be upgraded to the xl screen?
If so, who sells the screen?
I only see the screen for Mmr and not Afm

It can. I believe the XL assembly is sold out everywhere right now. Hopefully, CGC will pump some out to distributors soon.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

It can. I believe the XL assembly is sold out everywhere right now. Hopefully, CGC will pump some out to distributors soon.

Oh thanks.
Is it possible to use the MMr version?

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My new used AFMr has been a bit of a pain, but I wanted to post a couple solutions that helped.
The first issue was that the VUK wasn't popping the ball consistently to the left wireform. While this seems to be a common problem, my solution wasn't what most people did to fix it. The ball drops into the mech from above it, in my game the ball wasn't popping because the ball wasn't making it into the VUK mech. I bent the lip on the VUK where the ball rolls into the mech up giving it a little steeper angle so the ball rolls into the VUK a little quicker and that fixed it.
The second issue I had is the ball flying off the right wireform. Some suggestions that were made were lowering the flipper power, bringing the front of the ramp higher via washers, a small rubber ring on the wireform to slow the ball down, none of these solutions worked. The key to fixing the issue was bending the wireform, but specifically, pulling up on the top wire bending it upward. By bending the top wire up, it keeps the ball down and doesn't let it ride up and over it. I'll attach a pic on where I bent, but the right side has a lot more welds and is a lot harder to bend. The parts I bent were the only parts that both made sense and parts that I could.
Maybe this will help someone down the line, but my ball hits the left hibitrail every time, and full speed shots to the lock shot stay on the wireform now.
[quoted image]

I just acquired a new to me AFMr Classic with very low plays and it suffers from the balls falling off the right wire from. This is actually my favourite shot in the game, and if I get a clean fast shot, the ball falls off the habit rail 100% of the time, and drains.

I really do not want to bend the wire form by hand, as in my experience, it is REALLY hard to bend this and with the wrong tools things get scratched and chewed up in a second.

Has anybody else come up with a good solution to this that does not involve bending the wireform, or if it does, well... looking for recommendation to prevent any damage to the wireform.

#535 1 year ago

Increase playfield pitch or lower flipper strength in the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual.

#536 1 year ago

I just acquired a new to me AFMr Classic with very low plays and it suffers from the balls falling off the right wire from. This is actually my favourite shot in the game, and if I get a clean fast shot, the ball falls off the habit rail 100% of the time, and drains.
I really do not want to bend the wire form by hand, as in my experience, it is REALLY hard to bend this and with the wrong tools things get scratched and chewed up in a second.
Has anybody else come up with a good solution to this that does not involve bending the wireform, or if it does, well... looking for recommendation to prevent any damage to the wireform.

I put a piece of dead foam on the plastic part and has worked for me 100%.

23849114-65F7-4806-9015-9EE912BD5A15 (resized).jpeg23849114-65F7-4806-9015-9EE912BD5A15 (resized).jpeg
#537 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Increase playfield pitch or lower flipper strength in the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual.

got my official first ever LTG official help! lol where is my batch.
Thank you Sir.

That said, pitch looks very good to me, it plays brutally fast and it is about 6.7 - 7 degrees, I am not sure I want to bring it up more, I do not like how games play when they are steep (they are too easy sometimes) and not a big fan of lowering flipper strenght but I might give this is a try just to see, I like the flipper power I am getting as is.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I put a piece of dead foam on the plastic part and has worked for me 100%.
[quoted image]

I see, do you find the ball slows down A LOT with this little mod? I really like this shot and the speed that goes with it, I feel it is the most rewarding shot in the game so I do not want to make it super slow either.

#538 1 year ago

Having an issue where the ball isn’t coming back out once you destroy the saucer. It’ll work for hours then stop kicking the ball out. Thoughts?

#539 1 year ago

got my official first ever LTG official help! lol where is my batch.
Thank you Sir.
That said, pitch looks very good to me, it plays brutally fast and it is about 6.7 - 7 degrees, I am not sure I want to bring it up more, I do not like how games play when they are steep (they are too easy sometimes) and not a big fan of lowering flipper strenght but I might give this is a try just to see, I like the flipper power I am getting as is.

I see, do you find the ball slows down A LOT with this little mod? I really like this shot and the speed that goes with it, I feel it is the most rewarding shot in the game so I do not want to make it super slow either.

It slows the ball down just enough so it doesn’t fly off the ramp wire form. Try it.

#540 1 year ago

I didnt want to slow down the ball.

I put a couple washers under the wireform foot to bank it a bit as well as bending and warping it in places.

I generally use a small crescent wrench that "just fits" over a terry cloth rag across the lower wires to help with bending.
I had to "bank" the wireform in a couple places.

Filming the action really helped define what areas needed attention.

Adding washers under a couple of the feet and small bends fixed this problem.

I also worked on the playfield pitch and adjusted the flipper power a bit.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loyd, I have a similar issue but in the ball trough. The contact point is towards the back of the ball, not dead center which causes it to frequently fail and fall back. On occasion it will land on top of the next ball in line and then eject two. It doesn’t look like there is much room for adjustments as it is two pieces of metal, both threaded. Any advice on aligning the contact point with the center of the ball? I have tried to bend the deflection flaps on the exit and play around with the strength a bit. At this point I think it is the contact alignment with the ball that may be the issue. Thanks Bud.
9B6B9514-15ED-42EB-99F9-16394B36F955 (resized).jpeg9B6B9514-15ED-42EB-99F9-16394B36F955 (resized).jpeg

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

causes it to frequently fail and fall back.

If you look at it from the side, is it hitting the flap on the right and going back down instead of to the shooter lane ? If so bend the flap out a little.

If not that, coil sleeve in the coil in good shape ?

If not that, the whole coil assembly is held on the end of the ball trough, 4 screws, loosen them and slip some washers between trough and bracket and retighten them, that should bring it out a little and contact the ball better.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you look at it from the side, is it hitting the flap on the right and going back down instead of to the shooter lane ? If so bend the flap out.

I can try to bend out a bit more. Was concerned about applying the pressure to the metal and playfield. Thanks

1 week later
#544 1 year ago

Hello, I know this thread is a bit inactive.

Did a quick search but didnt find anything…

Anybody experienced airballs off the ramp posts?
I am getting bounces that makes the ball jump up, not an extreme airball but sufficient to be annoyed.
Martian green targets next to the mothership might do it also, but it is definitely prominent on the ramp post.

Flipper strength is 0, no + nor -

The game came with a pf protector which at first I sought was the cause of this but after further testing I am not so sure.

Is this common with this game?

7 months later
#545 5 months ago

There's one of these at a location I help out at. It feels nothing like the original. The autoplunger rarely makes the super skillshot and sometimes doesn't make the top lanes. We've tried adjusting it's alignment, new sleeve etc. the game in general feels floaty even at 7degrees+

Yesterday I noticed the SOL kickout is weak too which makes me wonder if it's a coil power issue.
Is it adjustable on these games? I couldn't find anything in the menu.

I've got an original AFM at home and it's lightning fast, the sol feeds the left flipper with vengeance making great opportunities for a drop catch. The one at the location is horrible.

Advice please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 545 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.