pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbutler6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

LE # 034 arrives Wednesday between 3 & 6.
Robert

Hi Robert, how did you get notified of your delivery date. (any others for that matter) My distro said mine is coming from CGC direct today(or yesterday).

Does the truck company just call us initially or is shipping info sent another way?

1 week later
#355 6 years ago

I have it on the second bubble. Plays great to me. Have made it to jack $&! Haha. Not exactly true. Had a small two other couples come by the house last night. Left at 4 am. Feeling it now but everyone loved Attack from Mars.

IMG_3125 (resized).JPGIMG_3125 (resized).JPG

#358 6 years ago

In earlier posts you will see a more in depth explanation...but i will try.

All of the leads plug into the topper board except the two blk/yl power leads and the big main one. The topper board should be completely "used up" with the connections

You need to pop out the plug in your harness with a pin or paper clip from the back side. Or, snip the pin on the board. The toppers were tested at CGC but there were some that should have had plugs removed or the third pin cut.. better explaination with pics earlier in this tread i believe or in the unboxing theead

#365 6 years ago

Loop shots smooth and fast here. Occasionally balls are rejected from the lock diverter shot, maybe 1 out of 20 times. Havent messed with it, don't plan on it. I hope you get yours playing how you want it to

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Did you get a resolution on your ticket with CGC about the cracks in the plastics? I have the same issue and was planning to open a ticket. Thanks!

I have them too. I was going to give my machine a few months to see what little things are discovered by CGC or the community, but yes they are there. We have a full year for playfield/mechanical issues

#376 6 years ago

You made a good choice. Keep the hype down so you are excited when it shows up, but everyone that has played it here has been blown away.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Revisiting the scoop.....looked close today, and I've got Mylar right up to the scoop hole ( both sides), where the mantis comes up nicely. Do I really need the Cliffy? I've put them in many of my machines, but this one looks pretty tight as is....am I missing something?

There is no chance I will install that cliffy. As you said not only does the machine a flush-ish mantis. They put mylar on. Not that it would not have a beneficial effect

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I submitted a ticket this morning with CGC for replacing several plastics because of cosmetic cracks. As others have already mentioned, I received a phone call from Doug Skor. Not only did he inform me that my new plastics will be shipped out next week, he spent another 20 minutes with me talking pinball, assembly of their games and future CGC projects. He couldn't have been a nicer guy.
Hats off to Doug and CGC's employees for excellent customer service and one hell of a game.

Definately a class act over there. What other plastics were cracked? I have small cracks (visible only with GI on) on the two at the base of the lanes leading to the flippers but the other plastics are perfect (and thick).

#409 6 years ago

175-ish plays here. Last night lower pop bumper would not respond with initial launch/skill shots, only direct "wacks" from other bumpers. Quickly fixed by adjusting the leaf switch gap, there was quite a large gap. Also adjusted flippers to more closely align with the lanes. Fun game!

#412 6 years ago

I would be doing the same thing you are doing. They should act as a light show in the default attract mode too.

I would grab a beer (or whatever you like) and trace every single one of those wires for the ships... They do act independently at times, meaning they should not all be in series...Any updates?

#459 6 years ago

It slips between the flipper steel shaft and the bushing mounted through the playfield to put space between the parts. When I realigned my flippers I left that tool in place while I tightened everything down.

1 week later
#578 6 years ago

Maybe thats my problem, i need to switg from beer to wine!!! I am not even going to mention my high scores as I still have a factory GC on the board... Shameful but I will work on it. Once i start clearing ramp shots and orvits for Total Ann. I panic with too many options...i.e. Light locks for multiball, SOL....end up draining!!!!

1 month later
#980 6 years ago

They are decals. But I am at the mainstave of a strip club as i write this and I am now on pinside thinking about discussing my feat of obtaining GC on my machine. They are that good and this stripper my me irritated....

561546D5-364D-43E2-BDBB-D85BF0992456 (resized).jpeg561546D5-364D-43E2-BDBB-D85BF0992456 (resized).jpeg

#984 6 years ago

Great game. Buy it, you will not be disappointed. Simple layout, but there are alot of things to do to. I.E. stroke of luck, ball locks for multiball, or ship shots. Then if martian attack is in play or whatever!!!!! Great quality, code, callouts, blah blah blah.

2 months later
#2684 6 years ago

This is decal failure due to it being wrapped or "overstretched" and wrapped around the edges. Nothing more. We saw this on the SE's when this thread first started as people began to unbox. Not a good situation with the decals, as mine has some very small cracking on the right side, but its not cabinet failure. No chance.

1 month later
#4655 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Attack remake Question???
I cant remember where I saw a picture of a Attack with lights on side of cabinet (upper) is this a mod ??
Thanks

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/attack-from-mars-powerpanels-bally-williams-pinball

#4687 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Honestly, it's more for her pleasure.

That’s freakin funny right there! I just checked my holes and i don’t seem to have any wear or damage anywhere.... on LE095

1 month later
#5082 5 years ago

That VUK bldg looks excellent.

#5092 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Play field condition update: Anyone care to guess how many plays to date? The machine was opened march 13, this year. No protective Cliffys.

1600? What wax you using? Clear looks flawless.

1 month later
#5358 5 years ago

I like the shakers in almost everything, but in this game it adds nicely to the thrill of a good game. Everytime that thing fires off on the ship or the gate you know that you are that much closer to a drain. And when the lockbar shakes for the blowup sequence it tells your hand to go from the game to the beer.

#5359 5 years ago

As for them playing different, yes. They are all going to do that. Some of us have the flippers turned down from unnecessarily high default power. Others have changed sling power and outlane gaps. You can turn it into a slob or a finely turned big green machine.

#5391 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Great choice. I decided to keep mine after posting it recently for a DILE trade. Couldn't let go of one grail game for another! Will find a way to get and keep both

Same here. Was going to list mine to offset some ACNC and moving expenses... as i was taking the pics i just stopped. Play it too much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,400 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbutler6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.