pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#387 6 years ago

AFMrLE #218 reporting for duty.

AFMrLE 218 (resized).jpegAFMrLE 218 (resized).jpeg

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Excellent SuperPinball, congratulations!

My Brother and me we're waiting for ours too, did you got yours in Mississauga P1/Cineplex? I hope that you did so ours will be delivered soon X 2!

Regards

Yes, I picked it up from Player 1. It was only 1 of 5 that were picked up by Player 1 from Chicago and part of the CGC numbered loyalty program. You are looking at another month for the non numbered program ones. The wait is well worth it. No issues at all right out of the box. Like an original AFM on steroids. Absolutely stunning!!

1 week later
#535 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have any MMr owners also reported it? Anyone have both?

I own both MMr and AFMr as well as a bunch of other original Bally/Williams titles. I notice no absolutely no difference among the machines in terms of flipper delay.

#564 6 years ago

To get rid of the rattling you need to put tape on either side of the glass. I used a painters tape in Martian green . I also Dremmeled the lockbar receiver so that the playfield is perfectly centered in the cabinet. It was a bit tight on the one side and gappy on the other. Now it's perfect.

#565 6 years ago

20170903_090339_resized (resized).jpg20170903_090339_resized (resized).jpg

20170903_090428_resized (resized).jpg20170903_090428_resized (resized).jpg

1 month later
#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Got the Hinges back from Powder Coat today

What color did you get? Was it a prismatic powder color?

1 month later
#1246 6 years ago

Can someone who has installed the powerblades tell me where they connected the two black horseshoe wires for power? Thanks

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So nobody has purchased these?

I bought the power blades but It seems to be dead on arrival.It didnt ship with any instructions and the AFMr one is different than the the other Bally/Williams ones. The horseshoe connector is too wide for the powerbar slots and the PSU is may be defective. So I'm waiting until Pingraffix has a solution.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi Everybody. Hey, my wife bought me the PinGraffix power blades for my AFMr SE as a birthday present. I got them on Friday and tried to install them today. The blades were easy to put in, but the power supply that came with the blades will not power up. I have the wires correct (kind of hard to screw this one up) but no dice. I double checked the connections with my Fluke to ensure the contacts were touching. I contacted PinGraffix and the reply was to switch the wires in case they were "mislabeled." The color code was correct, but I tried the suggestion anyway and again, no luck. Has anyone else bought the power blades for AFM and if so any issues? I can't see how I could have missed a step. It was pretty plug and play. Suspecting faulty power supply. Sort of bummed because I blew my afternoon trying to get this to work.

Yup I had the same problem, I am waiting for them to give me a solution but it sounds like the PSUs are defective. My advice is to hold off buying any powerblades for AFMr until this issue gets resolved. I will keep you guys posted when I get a response.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Somehow i missed your email , please send me another email to [email protected]
I will make sure you are taken care of properly

Thanks, joeraptor2003 got back to me last night and will be shipping me a new PSU. Do I still need to follow up with you as well?

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

HI Guys
We have been busy in the Pingraffix Bunker and sorry I didn't get to this earlier.
Dennis..Thanks for posting up in here. .Just to clarify..We do perform a test here before we send them out.. And like any other electronic device..sometimes things happen. We work very closely with our customers to make sure if there are any issues..get up and running. Dennis is one of the best I have ever met in the business and helped me develop them so if anyone knows ..It's him.
All of our units have been through QA and all are good to go. No worries moving forward.
Best!
-JR

Remember that the horseshoe connectors needs to be a bit narrower to fit.

1 week later
#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from abetterway:

Do you really think there are people with such limited skills that they cannot use a screwdriver and add a washer?

I service a guy's pin that is exactly that type of person. I get called to get a ball unstuck because he doesn't want to learn how to take the glass off.

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I thought I was bad!

I didn't mention the other calls I got from that same guy. One was to put a bulb back into the spotlight and my personal favorite was a call I got at 11 pm asking me how to turn off his Ghostbusters.

2 months later
#4633 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The lit UFO art blades that animate are pretty sweet. I recommend those for sure.

Can you please post a pic of how you connected them. I still couldn't get mine to work.

#4689 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here you go - the connections for the pingraffix AfM lit/animated art blades. The third pic is probably the one you're looking for (where the wires inside the insulation are split out and connected to the power supply, but the other two show the placement of the adapter (laying in the cabinet).

Thanks, I guess I was hooking it up wrong to the V+ and V- on the far right but you hooked it up to the furthest left 2 spots, blue and brown in that order. No instructions came with the product so if you got it to work then yours must be correct. The issue I have is that the PSU says 85V-120V going in and is not grounded at all. Thanks again for posting the pics.

#4698 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does yours work now?

I took mine apart and began bench testing it, one of the components wasn't soldered on properly. I will try again once I complete it and will try installing in the spots you pictured.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=superpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.