pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonambulo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8502 3 years ago

Hi mates!

I am studying whether I should join the AFMR club, since I have the possibility of buying an LE.

I read there is a lot of issues with the playfields and other problems.

The machine that maybe I will buy is number 65 of 1000... I understand that it's an early edition, so does that represent any added problem?

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Hi mates!
I am studying whether I should join the AFMR club, since I have the possibility of buying an LE.
I read there is a lot of issues with the playfields and other problems.
The machine that maybe I will buy is number 65 of 1000... I understand that it's an early edition, so does that represent any added problem?

Thank you guys for the explanations and information, much clear for me now. Deal done, so in the next days hopefully I will join the club with my AFMr LE!

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Thank you guys for the explanations and information, much clear for me now. Deal done, so in the next days hopefully I will join the club with my AFMr LE!

Joined the club today! So happy, looks badass!

Today I only had time to plug it and make a quick game. There is a couple of things that I would like to ask:

- I noticed the music and effects don't sound "bright" or "clear". I tried balancing the subwoofer/speaker in the CGC menu but still not very happy. Is there any other place where I can adjust treble, bass or something like that?

- A lot of rattling... So I removed the glass, and the rattling continues but still very noticeable, even if I set the subwoofer down enough. The pin have sidemirrors too, IDK if they are rattling too. I have to investigate this, I will look for some solutions already discussed in this thread.

- The strength of the flippers seems very strong to me, the ball is fast as hell. How do you set the flipper's strength in your pin?

- I have some crazed plastics. Anybody knows if I can contact CGC for that, even if I'm the second owner?

Thanks for helping the newbie with his new toy!

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

- I noticed the music and effects don't sound "bright" or "clear". I tried balancing the subwoofer/speaker in the CGC menu but still not very happy. Is there any other place where I can adjust treble, bass or something like that?
- A lot of rattling... <b>So I removed the glass, and the rattling continues</b>and still very noticeable, even if I set the subwoofer down enough. The pin have sidemirrors too, IDK if they are rattling too.

I raised the playfield to see if is there anything that can vibrate, and I found that my subwoofer cone was bend in, like if someone pressed it.

I fixed it by pulling out with some tape and tried how the pin plays, but still A LOT of rattling.

Maybe my subwoofer is broken?

Can I just disconnect it?

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

I noticed the music and effects don't sound "bright" or "clear". I tried balancing the subwoofer/speaker in the CGC menu but still not very happy. Is there any other place where I can adjust treble, bass or something like that?
- A lot of rattling... <b>So I removed the glass, and the rattling continues

Finally found it!

A speaker cable was disconnected, so I had no sound on the backbox speakers, I only had sound from the subwoofer... that's why everything was vibrating and sounded like shit.

Now sounds great and no rattling
cable (resized).jpgcable (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#8567 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just received the custom backglass (real printed glass, not a translite) I had made, so thought I would share with the group. I kept with the original theme, with just a couple of changes. First, I got rid of the credits at lower left, and second I integrated my son's name into the game. Instead of "Eat at Eddy's" the sign now says "Zane's Arcade". I then customized the sign on my building to say "Play at Zane's". Something fun to do, and he got a real kick out of it.

Loving it!

1 week later
#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My project last night, custom painted Martians!
Before: boring green Martians. They look sad.
[quoted image]
After: Exciting, much happier Martians!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool work, they rock!

CGC should have done something like that with the AFM remake, at least in the LE's

Ps: would you paint my aliens if i send you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonambulo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=sonambulo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.