Topic Stats

• 8,544 posts
  • 532 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 255 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,634 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD2E6D3C-84F4-4C7B-A68A-AAD6194B9CD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3954.JPG
IMG_3955.JPG
cable (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00480 (resized).JPG
DSC00481 (resized).JPG
72D34C0F-AE2F-4E18-A4F1-AF46E888FBC1 (resized).jpeg
8AB2926C-7A00-459B-B22C-3B1E0FB5A81F.png
020F260B-079E-417B-A5BF-2E272AF0A795.jpeg
337E3514-95E4-4766-B9B5-FDD3D5CDA4C5.jpeg
IMG_20200510_134243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200510_134318 (resized).jpg
Shooter Lane Ramp.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (2 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (2 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sataneatscheese.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5572 1 year ago

So jealous of you owners. I got to play this on location today and had a blast except for one blaring problem that I'm assuming could be fixed, but wanted to confirm. The machine I was playing on was driving me bonkers because unlike on every other machine I have played, the flipper caused the ball to "bounce" when the ball rolled across it at the point depicted in the image below. This made it very difficult to make certain shots without completely catching the ball.

Is this normal? If not, is this something I could (easily) fix if it was my own personal machine?

afm (resized).png
3 months later
#6048 1 year ago

Unexepectedly joined the club last night. Is there a list of needed fixes or things to check for on these? This is my second pin and my first modern one. But damn... this thing is fun and it beats the crap out of my old World Cup Soccer. It's going to take me a long time to master this thing.

20181119_202507 (resized).jpg
#6052 1 year ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Yep, just play it and you'll find any potential issues quickly. But check out the technical thread. The first post has some initial things to check out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread
Most important are to make sure you have the v2.0 SOL PIC and the non-cracking plastics. Most machines will probably be trouble-free besides those common issues.

Mine has a manufacture date of June 2018. I am assuming the 2.0 SOL PIC is written on a chip in the backbox and will check when I get home. How do I check plastics?

#6060 1 year ago

What type of mirror blades should I get for my SE? I'm ready for my first pinball mod as I really like the look of the mirror blades in the LE. If somebody could post a link to the exact type you purchased it would be most helpful. I can find Bally/Williams ones online but don't see any specific to Chicago Gaming remakes.

Also. After mirror blades are installed are they removable? I'd take them out of the machine to put in another down the road when I trade it out in a year or so if I could do it without them looking like garbage.

The second mod is going to be a pincup!

Hoping I can find a Black Friday deal on these as I am ordering tomorrow.

Thanks!

#6061 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Either on it, or no label. If it has any number lower than 2.0 on it, don't alter coil settings until you get 2.0 in it. Contact your distributor to get it. Or chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the help desk under Support.
LTG : )

Okay, my pin clearly has the 2.0 chip. How do you fine tune coil settings? I see standard settings from the menu in the coin door. Are there advanced settings someplace? Thanks!

#6065 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have the ones from cointaker on mine. They are the same for any bw game, doesn’t matter if it’s a remake.
You can get regular pincups from pinball life or if you want a more custom cup, we have them.
https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-pinball-machine-pingulp-cupholder-b25b604a-00ca-4f7e-b631-b4e377fff0f9

Ordered from cointaker and Lemrod. Thanks!

#6085 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Quoted from Lermods:I have the ones from cointaker on mine. They are the same for any bw game, doesn’t matter if it’s a remake.
You can get regular pincups from pinball life or if you want a more custom cup, we have them.
https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-pinball-machine-pingulp-cupholder-b25b604a-00ca-4f7e-b631-b4e377fff0f9
Ordered from cointaker and Lemrod. Thanks!

I got my side mirrors in and either they don't fit, I'm doing something wrong, or Cointaker sent me a bum set. I ordered the Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades and they look like they should fit, but when you take the side bolts out of the cabinet and try and install the mirrors the hole doesn't line up right. They are like a quarter of an inch off. If I try and move the hole up the top of the mirror hits the top of the backbox and it just does not fit. If there is something easy I am messing up please let me know. Bad pictures attached.

I am trying to put these in an AFMr SE.

Order Summary

Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades
SKU: B/W Mirror Blades

20181127_201902 (resized).jpg20181127_203315 (resized).jpg
#6087 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's very hard to see what's going on from your pics. If you line the hole up, where is it off? Is it at the glass channel where it is too high or is it hitting the back area? Are the blades touching the back area so you have no play at all? My blades came from cointaker and were a direct fit, no modification needed.

It's hard to take pictures of mirrors. I can't raise the blade up because it will hit the top of the playfield back box. It also looks like the blades would stick up a little above the channel where the glass goes. I think I'm going to have to email cointaker.

#6092 1 year ago
Quoted from amkirk:

I have a quick question. When installing the backboard, the screws were very tight. I certainly could have turned them more but wasn't sure if this was as far as they should go (pic attached). Should I screw them in all the way?

It's not just you... I couldn't get min screwed in all the way either.

#6107 1 year ago

Just successfully installed my first pinball mod. Thanks Lermods! Now my beer can stay close!

Now if only Cointaker would respond to my email about the misfit mirror blades they sold me.

20181129_181300 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6156 1 year ago

How do I keep blowing up the saucer with "Dirty Pool"? I keep dropping it in the multi ball lock an it seems the ship will sometimes randomly explode when I do this and I cannot figure out why. Loving the game! Still haven't gotten to Mars but I've gotten all the other jewels lit.

2 weeks later
#6211 1 year ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I do not know AFM as well as I should - can someone clue me in on how a diner named Eddy's is related to the game? Is it a nod to Brian?

Look at the translite.

2 weeks later
#6291 1 year ago

Finally got my Pingraffix side art in. I think it makes a huge difference. I am a little disappointed in that I got my first credit dot on this machine this morning. I got it HUO with only 89 plays on it. I'm about 500 plays it and I already have to fix something on the drop target (will look tonight). If NIB still has problems after less than a year of use I am going to be on the secondary market forever because I don't think it's worth the price. I still can't get more than 5 Jewels lit at once, but I will Rule the Universe someday. I just have to make it to Mars first.

20190112_091218 (resized).jpg
#6296 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Finally got my Pingraffix side art in. I think it makes a huge difference. I am a little disappointed in that I got my first credit dot on this machine this morning. I got it HUO with only 89 plays on it. I'm about 500 plays it and I already have to fix something on the drop target (will look tonight). If NIB still has problems after less than a year of use I am going to be on the secondary market forever because I don't think it's worth the price. I still can't get more than 5 Jewels lit at once, but I will Rule the Universe someday. I just have to make it to Mars first.

Good News! Credit dot fixed itself. Apparently if you suck bad enough and don't hit the target for a few games in a row the game thinks the target is broken.

#6312 1 year ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Is there a way to cancel/exit out in the middle of a game (short of turning machine off/on or running through the remaining balls)? Home game, so free play. Haven't found much in search.
Lots of scenarios, but this happens often in our house - 2 Players are on ball 1 or 2, and a 3rd player hears the action and comes to the game wanting to play. All 3 players agree to start over. Or 2 players start, and soon after 1 player leaves unexpectedly. Or 1 player has a frustrated short ball 1 and wants to start over......the list goes on.

Not sure on a multiplayer game, but if you hold down the Start Button while the ball is in the shooter lane for ball 2 it automatically starts over to ball 1.

1 week later
#6355 1 year ago

Remake NIB owners. Did all versions of the game come with the manual?

1 week later
#6382 1 year ago
Quoted from jclass:

Looking at AFMR new pricing and doesn’t make a lot of sense. As far as I can see, only have lowered price of CE to $6000. I think I would prefer the SE with upgraded display, sound, an shaker motor. But looks like SE is still at $7,300. Guess I’ll wait until SE goes down to $6,800. Can’t justify $1300 more than base price.

$6800 is about what a low use AFMrSE is going for these days.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

3 weeks later
#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Where are flipper settings in menu?

Open the coin door and hold down the green button by the coin mechs. Press the black button until you see an option for flipper strength. Press the red buttons until flipper setting is highlighted. Press the black button to select, press the red buttons to adjust to desired strength, press the black button to make selection, wait 5 seconds. Press the green button repeatedly to exit menu. Done!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 79.00
6,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sherwood Park, AB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sataneatscheese.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside