pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9132 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Howdy again martian haters! After about 3 months of ownership a "dirty pool" came up that had something to do with the left ramp and destroyed the martian ship. Anyone know what I did. Also "martian bomb" ,what does that do?
Any other stuff I should know about other than holding left
Flipper when you launch?

Dirty Pool occurs when you end up with a ball inside the three bank target after the target bank rises up. Then when you hit the target bank, it rebounds the trapped ball into the the saucer.

If you have a martian bomb, during Martian Attack, hit the launch button and it will award you a martian hit. It's helpful when you hit only three targets and drain your ball. A quick button push will resurrect the ball with another, for the two ball multiball.

Also, during video mode, hit the launch button to clear all saucers if you're about to fail. It will clear the screen when you're in trouble.

#9136 3 years ago

On my LE, the mini saucer led's only flash red, not red and green. The game is new to me and I just realized this isn't right.

In the diagnostics test, there is a setting to check the saucer led's (although this might just be for the main saucer). When I checked it during test, none of the pf saucer led's are illuminated or flashing, but the display shows which LED should be flashing on a corresponding screen image.

During gameplay, the main saucer looks good with all colors, while the mini saucers are only showing red.

Anybody familiar with this?

#9142 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Page 1-13 of the manual. You configure these in the CGC system menu (not the traditional service menu). To enter the System Menu, press and hold the Service Credits button (far left one) for 4 seconds. Then navigate to the LIGHTING MENU where you will find the mini-saucer setting.
Personally, I prefer "INTERACTIVE" which is default.
[quoted image]

Thank you!! That was it.

#9143 3 years ago

Installed a saucer with a tiny cow suspended in a tractor beam. Fits perfectly on a bumper cap. Ideal when 7 playfield saucers aren't enough.

20210101_112501 (resized).jpg20210101_112501 (resized).jpg
#9145 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

That's awesome.
Where did you find that?

It was on etsy from a guy called UFO king. Currently out of stock, but he'll probably do more.

#9147 3 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

How does it mount to the pop bumper?
Tina

It's not an official pinball mod. I just thought it matched the AFM theme when I saw it. I used a hot glue gun. Kinda hoaky, but it is pretty strong.. it can be removed without causing damage.

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

When was the game manufactured?

July 13, 2017 is the Build Date from his screen shot. And his ROM is not labeled V2.0.

He needs to upgrade.

1 week later
#9202 3 years ago

Had a friendly competition with a buddy on AFMLE last night. Embarrassingly, I was player one.

It's really hard to get in a rhythm when you have to wait 20 minutes between each ball. We only played a few games on it, but he was able to reach RTU twice that night. And the game has an active tilt setting.

He successfully beat RTU the second time. He scored 6 Super jackpots during the regular multiball along the way. Apparently, the SJ's max out at a billion points once you score your 4th one.

He's a top tournament player so it was not a total surprise.

I recently switched the flipper rubbers to Titans, and he said it made the ball much easier to control, allowing him to double his previous best score. I might have to switch back.

20210118_103249 (resized).jpg20210118_103249 (resized).jpg
#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

If anyone could expand on this, it would be appreciated. This machine was the newest collection to my lineup. When I started playing, I noticed that the balls have A LOT of spin during play. Far more than any of my other games and noticeable to my novice observations.
Is this something mostly caused by flipper rubbers, or is it just the nature of this game?

I can't speak for your specific game, but the Titan rings are silicone, not rubber. I think the silicone is more durable than the original rubber, and seem slightly less bouncy and a bit more controllable.

Here is a link to a thread on the topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings

There is also similar product called Super Bands made of urethane. These are less stretchy, and a bitch to install.

1 month later
#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Sorry but my game without pinstadiums does not look like the picture on the left.

Pinstadiums are not needed for remakes.

However, it's a great option for original AFM games to brighten them to look more like the modern versions.

#9307 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I respectfully disagree on the "not needed" part. In reality, it's not a function of need, but of preference. If you don't like dark areas and what to brighten up the obvious lighting dead zone in the center of the playfield then alternate lighting is a must. As others have shown, there is more than one way to illuminate a pin and as I stated above I've used both Pinstadium lighting on some pins and various spotlights, LED strips/pads/etc. on others.
There's nothing wrong with preferring the darker ambiance that most pins come stock with (especially if you typically play in well lit areas), but I typically play at night in a dark room and like the playfield to be well illuminated in order to better appreciate all of the artwork, as well as being able to better follow the ball on darker pins.

Honestly, I thought in that side by side comparison pic, those pins were originals not remakes.

My remake is much brighter than the dark playfield pic.

3 months later
#9427 2 years ago

I have a similar lit drop target kit made by indypinhead that is not 3D printed. I can't recall the process, but it is extremely strong and has absolutely zero give (no bending) at all.

It is transparent and illuminates well. There is an embossed pattern (no decal) so light glows through. I have had it on TS, but he made a design for AFM as well.

Not sure if he still makes it, but I've had it for over 5 years and it is an excellent product. I had a 3D printed target in the past that did not hold up. It became too malleable from repeated hits. Not saying all 3D targets will get too bendy, but that was my experience.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-roll-over-drop-target

3 months later
#9615 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Does AFMr come with coin mechanics?

Yes.

2 months later
#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Kids allways starting four player games!!!

And walking away with a ball still sitting in the shooter lane.

1 month later
#9806 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

For those they do not have these Big O Jiggly Martians, with or without the LED eyes, you are missing a great enhancement for your playfield.

https://www.mickspinball.com/

AFM & AFMr Big O Jiggly LED Martians, Red or Multi Colored Eyes
Big O Jiggly Martians, no LEDs, Just Bigger and Jiggly
Thank you all for the continuing support of my products,
Mick

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Mick for providing great customer support.

A tiny led went out on one of my Big O Jiggly Martians and Mick immediately provided a replacement without any hassle.

For those who haven't upgraded their original martians, the Big O jiggly Martians are a nice improvement. And you can have confidence knowing the seller stands by his product. Thanks Mick!

1 month later
#9883 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Strategy question. The most difficult objective for me to complete is the 5 way combo. I believe that means you need to hit 5 consecutive shots (e.g. left ramp, right ramp, left orbit, right orbit, left ramp - or any 5 consecutive shots). So is there a specific combo that is more achievable for some? What shots are excluded from the 5 way combo - the mothership? Thx.

I find making repeated consecutive orbits to be the easiest and most frequent 5- way combo for me (once the upper gate opens.)

The most difficult objective for me is destroying all the saucers. I get to Mars very rarely. (But I also never focus on saucers beyond getting the EB.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.