IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

If you figure something out, please let me know!
On a related topic, my drop bank stopped dropping. During normal play, it would register hits, but never drop.
It failed the startup test, as well as the motor test (test 19).

I lifted the playfield and wiggled some stuff, and got it back for a while. Sadly it was only a temporary solution. Since I've got a fancy new warranty, I figured I'd open a ticket, not expecting that I would get a response before Monday morning. Whatever they're paying LTG, it isn't enough. On a Sunday night, I got a response back about 10 minutes after submitting the ticket, suggesting I completely re-seat the connector for the down switch:
It's the lower connector in this picture:

One of the crimp connections to one of the sockets felt a bit loose compared to the other ones, but a full disconnect-and-reconnect seemed to do the trick.
If it happens again, I'll replace that crimp connection.

As always, a big "Thank You!" to Lloyd!

Stories like these are making me even more excited to own one of their machines! This is what customer support is all about. They didn't just guess and throw parts at the situation, like St...I mean, I won't mention names, but they came up with a REAL and very solid solution to the problem.

Kudos to the guys at CGC! Can't wait to pick up my machine from Automated Services!

1 week later
#1261 6 years ago

Next Saturday I will be picking up my green LE!

1 week later
#1378 6 years ago

Tomorrow morning I'm picking up.

Can't wait!!!

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

OMG our LE is simply the most amazing Pin we have owned! I told Doug at CGC while at IAAPA that their price points are perfect along with what they offer as upgrades between the 3 models and I’ll keep being a customer if they can keep them there.
After lowering the flipper strength to -8 we still get balls flying off the return wire form from the lock shot. Some are lucky and jump to the shooter lane but All of mine jump down the outlane. Is the best fix to lower flipper strength even more? I swear I had it happen on a ball that wasn’t even moving very fast once. Also, would love to know if there is a way to install a headphone jack easily to the game. It is a feature we love and have installed them on almost every game game we own that is doable.

I'm at -20. Shoots perfect now

#1468 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's an average score on this game? Really good? Great?

IMG_4523 (resized).PNGIMG_4523 (resized).PNG

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just turned it on and played. Not dialed in or adjusted yet but holy crap, this is reminding me of my obsession with TWD.
I'd say CGC has a great future if AFMR is any indication. It kind of dwarfs everything else out there in a lot of ways from what I've seen and own.
The shots and flow is amazing IF you aren't clunking the F out of it, again, just like TWD.

The remake is just as brutal as my TWDLE. If you miss your shot, instant punishment

#1474 6 years ago

#510 in the house!

IMG_4542 (resized).JPGIMG_4542 (resized).JPG

IMG_4545 (resized).JPGIMG_4545 (resized).JPG

IMG_4554 (resized).JPGIMG_4554 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You started this thread to discuss issues with AFMr. Hearing you defend AFMr with "well my AFMr has been perfect from day 1" and "Stern NIB pins are the worst" doesn't seem like the best approach for encouraging folks to discuss their issues.
I have nothing but respect for what CG has accomplished with AFMr. Doug, Lloyd and the other CG folks have been incredibly supportive. It's my first CG pin and I couldn't be more impressed with the way they have engaged with me. The ticket system is efficient and we had a quick video chat last night so they could see my pin first hand.
snaroff

They are all incredible over there! Communication is second to none. CGC does understand the meaning of customer support. Stern on the other hand, is apparently too big to care.

BUY WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE!

1 week later
#2087 6 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Anybody's topper not working? Brought AFM LE home a week ago and the topper is not fully functioning. His eyes light up and the front light stays on but no further lighting or interactivity. Yes, I immediately opened a support ticket, but so far its been little more than requesting I check that the pins are seated and that it's turned on in the menu. There are only so many ways I can seat and re-seat the same connectors. Has anybody else had a similar issue?
Also new out of the box the cabinet directly behind the glass channel / under the back box is flaking. Note flakes of paint on the playfield glass in this image.

For the hell of it, have you performed a factory reset?

#2207 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

All look on the CGC thread but Doug just advised everyone with AFMr to put their flipper rating back to default...
AFMR ONLY:
As I mentioned to a customer on the phone today, when it comes to service, we don’t necessarily have all the answers. As we move forward, it takes a collection of service tickets before we can piece together a trend that then leads to a resolution. In all cases, we at CGC are committed to correcting these concerns. We discovered a software glitch in the PIC that controls our solenoid driver board. While you might try setting down the power on your flippers, the fact remains that these settings are currently having little to no change on the flippers. Our software team has already corrected the problem, and we are testing the new software with a few select customers. Before we do any massive distribution, we want to thoroughly test the update. This might take a few more weeks, and we ask that you be patient as we start to distribute the PIC’s. In the meantime, there will be NO need for you to enter a service ticket at this time in order to obtain the update. Please wait for further instructions. However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.

So, in essence the flippers are over powering the driver boards?

#2211 6 years ago

Not this dimple crap again.....

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Let's face it, the fact that so many owners were forced to dial down the flipper strength is highly unusual, and I'm surprised it doesn't get more airplay.
I've owned many machines and I've never had to fiddle with the flipper strength software settings. Having settings to fine-tune the pinball is one thing...being forced to use them to keep the ball on the PF/ramps is another thing. Hopefully CGC can dial in the default flipper setting so it actually works for most games.
snaroff

What CGC is saying, the common denominator in all of these failures were people setting their games flippers down deep in negative territory; IE -17 through -21. What they feel may be causing these boards to fry is a software glitch essentially causing the solenoid driver board to become overpowered by the flippers (locking up the transistors and popping the fuses). These machines are having issues in conjunction with the adjustment

I'm not really that technical...but that's what I've gathered from CGCs post on the matter. There are some peoples games where the flipper power adjustment is working properly, and others are causing shorts.

Someone feel free to comment on my interpretation on their post

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hi Marc, so based on your comments, can I assume you would have no problem if the cool topper was sold to SE owners? That's really how some of the chatter started. Like you, I buy games to enjoy them and don't consider them investments...
snaroff

I justify buying games due to the simple fact that the money is not spent until it is sold. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your savings. Or, if you're the kind of guy that buys them to keep and considers the money gone, resale should not matter to you. Figure when you are ready to sell a game, losing $.50-$.75 , sometimes even $1 a game isn't terrible. You're getting value out of it no matter how you slice and dice it. No travel to the arcade. No punks to deal with. No beating on the games...and you can play in your undies should you choose!

That's what I call bang for your buck

#2376 6 years ago

The tech thread is helpful. Thanks for creating that thread.

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

fwiw, I've never received any "defect/recall" info from the 3 distributors I've purchased from over the years.
If it weren't for Pinside, I'd be out-of-the-loop. Considering most dealers aren't around the corner and often don't get involved in implementing the fixes, it's kind of sad they can't even reach out on issues like this. I'm sure some do, but it hasn't been my experience. I think in many cases, the manufacturers keep the distributors in the dark as well...so it's unclear whose "fault" this is.
Hopefully the manufacturers contribute to Pinside, since it obviously helps their cause
snaroff

From a distributor stand point, you'd be creating panic for those who aren't experiencing problems. Im sure everyone who's had an issue, the distributor you've done business with will disclose this as a potential fix. Also, to clarify, the distributor above had stated they're preparing packages for distributors to give out: "CGC will be sending all the dealers a kit for us to distribute to our customers to address this. Below is a copy of the note that Doug Skor send out."

#2551 6 years ago

There's no way he has 300 in stock.

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

My new board seems to have sorted out all my flipper power issues. Before nothing happened when I lowered the power in the flippers they stayed really strong and I lowered it so much it blew the board.
Now there’s a big noticeable difference between -2, -4, -6, -8 , -10 etc and after a few other tweaks the game is now playing 100%!
No flying off the wireform, no ball launch issues and far better flipper strength.

I hope everyone posts up their experience after install. Hope this clears it up, and we can all enjoy our games again!

#2626 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The guys at CGC are extremely responsive. As long as you have your ticket completed they will contact you.
The original was the same, air balls everywhere when new! We have the new PIC V2.0. Do not expect the new firmware to resolve all your air balls, it does go a long way to helping as the default flipper strength on the new firmware is weaker than 1.0. The new firmware is untested in the field so we have left our CGC menu strength settings to default for now.

From what I've read, and asked multiple times, you should be able to now adjust your flippers without being in fear of destroying the board. If you adjust a couple notches down, you should see a noticeable difference

#2687 6 years ago

It's always something. Since we've moved on from the flipper/topper and shooter lane issues, immediately something else pops up

#2799 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

I want everyone to know that I got the PIC 2.0 and the game is playing great now. What a blast - I love it.

Awesome! Any prior issues?

1 week later
#3120 6 years ago

Pic received from automated today

IMG_5345 (resized).JPGIMG_5345 (resized).JPG

#3232 6 years ago

Irrespective of concerns surrounding this game, I haven't seen the market flooded with people getting out of their AFMRs. Honestly, I was waiting for an influx of machines to hit the market once it was deemed the chip solved the problems. Maybe in the last several weeks I've seen 2 hit the market maybe? To me, it either says one of two things. 1) They're finally fixed and people are enjoying their games, or 2) There is still a watch and wait stance to see if people are going to start posting theirs for sale.

#3233 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

He only posts official updates and doesn’t really ever come here to chit chat. If you wanted an official channel to CGC for relevant info, that’s it as far as I can tell.

Dollars to donuts theyre lurking and watching everything going on. Because they may not post doesn't mean they're not aware of what's being spoken of on the boards.

The "eye" in the internet sky sees all

#3390 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apologies if I mistakenly drew that conclusion, but it does come across like that. I've never heard of a single game from any supplier of any era that did not have a single issue.

My TWDLE had zero issues. 2k plays. Ghostbusters had minor wear at 2k in the shooter lane...and I mean REAL MINOR. My DILE has ZERO wear at around 700 plays

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eventually everyone loses at Russian Roulette. Don't play it.

Solid as a rock.

IMG_5073 (resized).JPGIMG_5073 (resized).JPG

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I’ll be in Ottawa next week. Cant wait to see some good comedy And hopefully some poutine!

The poutine was incredible in Montreal! Walked 3 miles to get to this one place. SO WORTH IT

#3540 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ooookay....but that's not where the cracking/chipping will show up first on a Dialed In...

IMG_5426 (resized).JPGIMG_5426 (resized).JPG

IMG_5428 (resized).JPGIMG_5428 (resized).JPG

IMG_5429 (resized).JPGIMG_5429 (resized).JPG

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

Holy fuck!!!! That's absurd!!!!

#3672 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

That is what made me so mad the more I have thought on it the last few days. Wanting to silent customers has never worked in any industry. The beauty of the internet. I am not stupid as I have 27 games currently and have sold around 75 others to get the games I like and want. I have bought new games from all major manufactures and have encountered issues. I bought the MMR LE and the AFM LE as an orginal owner with matching numbers. I also own both of these in originals which I have been comparing.

One of two things will happen: You'll be exposed as a liar and be called out on it, or, if everything you're saying is true...someone is going to lose a lot of customers. I believe I've said it before that stern will never get another NIB game out of me again. My wallet will also speak out against CGC for future purchases.

#3704 6 years ago

Ignore. Posted in wrong thread

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I was super excited to grab a classic early on but usually im the guy that waits for them to be made awhile so CGC could work out the bugs. So i get the nude color instead of orange and was told on phone thats just how it goes so i guess im lucky no planking or chipping yet. Its not worth pressing the issue and will just play my fun game. They did get me some plastics to replace the crazed ones. Going forward on any NIB game from any company i will have the distro open the box to set the game up for inspection .If the playfield sucks guess what they wont get my check and just walk out . Now its just getting a box of cracker jacks you dont know what the surprise will be

Wow. I'm at a complete and utter loss for words!! Someone needs to record their conversation with them and post it up.

#3874 6 years ago

For those who haven't sought refuge in their response from Doug, just know that your stories have already cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential, and actual sales. This thread has changed the minds of at least a few dozen people who have skin in the game.

It's so sad. I really wanted this to work out. Mostly, I wanted them to kick sterns ass!

#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I would like to thank everyone that has shared their experiences in this thread. I've lurked in the background devastated while I've watched everyone describe their issues from the flipper problem to the playfield issues. Not only did I sell my original AFM in anticipation of buying my 1st NIB LE but I also recently let my CCC go in a trade because I planned on buying the remake one day. Is there an award for the dumbest move in pinball?
When I 1st saw my friend Pete's AFMLE I was blown away and decided that night I would offer up my AFM for sale. I had the money in hand to pick up the game but this thread kept unfolding and kept me on the sideline. Then Pete told me his playfield has the planking as well and that killed it for me. Congrats to those of you who were lucky enough to score a game without issues. If CGC will not stand by their product and replace the wrong colors and planking playfields they will not be getting my money for both AFM and CC when made.

His game has planking?!

#3903 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well I'm happy it worked for your oven, but something tells me the process wouldn't be as smooth for a pinball machine (small vs. large company, hand-built vs. machine produced, shipping cost, etc.). I'd also be surprised if many pinball distributors even accepted a CC payment for 8K (considering costly transaction fees). Most car companies limit a charge to 2-3k.
I think the suggestion recently put forth (regarding buying/verifying from a reputable/local distributor) makes the most sense. The only problem is convenience, since pinball distributors are fairly small in numbers (i.e. not on every street corner
snaroff

Plus the added stress of a buyer backing out after unboxing. Not fun, and I wouldn't put myself at risk as a distributor.

#3944 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That doesn't sound very honest. You could use the picture to argue a point, not open a ticket because it is not an issue with your game.

It's to test their reaction.

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Really? Comparing a pinball machine with a Seadoo? and baseball bat? Please...probably the worst comparisons I've ever heard.
For good or bad, MANY pinball owners consider their games "kinetic, playable art". If the PF art weren't considered important, there would be 0 reason to apply clearcoat. The clear is applied to protect the paint/art...hello! Cabinet art is also carefully scrutinized...as it should be. Took years for companies to figure out how to avoid messing up decals with ink that doesn't fade and leg brackets that avoid tearing up the decals. Please.
snaroff

This.

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Inserting a data point:
I wanted to chime in and say that our AFMr SE hit the floor on June 30th and has around 18,000 plays (We purchased from cointaker who we love). Between it and Addams Family make up two of the best earners. Since AFMr has been on the floor it has never been down. We've had to perform regular maintenance, flipper rebuilds, replace balls and rubbers etc.. but are extremely happy with the game.

On location it's an entirely different story. You're more interested in it performing rather than the esthetics. From a collector standpoint, there are certain qualities that matter more than pure performance.

#3981 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I don't consider it hysterical to be concerned about something that might continue to get worse, it's my 8k. Hysterical would be my reaction to opening a box and finding I had to eat the playfield with the nude color and ribbed look under the clear.

I'd absolutely lose my shit if that happened. Which is why I still haven't decided what to do.

#4176 6 years ago

CGC replaced a play field due to crazing, but not planking or chipping? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Does anyone remember recently a LE listed for 7200 with an unpopulated play field? I messaged him and that's what he claimed; the play field was provided by them due to crazing.

#4206 6 years ago

I'm hoping they address the problems. I truly want to continue supporting them.

Let us know that you will stand behind your customers. That's all anyone here truly wants to see.

#4332 6 years ago

I am an owner myself. I'd like to see more proof as some have requested. Nothing has come forward in the last couple of weeks. Just the same shit harping on a concern that no one can elaborate on, or show more pics of.

Is it possible that more proof hasn't come forth out of fear? Possibly. Then again, the cats already out of the bag if the pics depicted are from an AFMRLE, and do indeed represent a true defect.

I'll wait right here.

#4360 6 years ago

Obligated to post this 35-40 min game extra difficult settings.

IMG_5554 (resized).PNGIMG_5554 (resized).PNG

#4394 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Where do you have the outlane posts set If open 100%, I'm impressed...
snaroff

That was on location at Silverball in Jersey. I'd have to assume it was all stock.

#4505 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone installed pinstadium lights on their AFMr?

Mod bug bites again lol! Your lighting in the room is so fantastic that none of the games really need it. Plus, they all have PDI glass

#4601 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Maybe Doug can bring some key fobs to TPF and pass them out at the show.

When the discussion has degenerated to key fobs, everyone has officially ran out of shit to talk.

1 week later
#4641 6 years ago

My experiences have been mixed. Although, that being said, I will say my most recent encounter with Arturo was exceptional. Luckily, my play field is spotless.

At 200 or so plays at the moment these pics were taken

IMG_5656 (resized).JPGIMG_5656 (resized).JPG

IMG_5663 (resized).JPGIMG_5663 (resized).JPG

IMG_5659 (resized).JPGIMG_5659 (resized).JPG

#4695 6 years ago

Im going to be documenting the wear progression every 100 plays on the mechs, tech, and play field. For now, I'm leaving Cliffies out of the equation until I see real reason to install them. Every 500 or so plays, I'll post the progression of the areas of concern.

1 week later
#4792 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If anyone is looking to leave the club im interested in purchasing an LE. Thought id ask before i purchase a new( if available). Also how would i find out if a specific number is still available. Im looking for #999

I may look to buy an Iron Maiden, and get out of my AFMRLE. The ruleset and flow really impressed me

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the ruleset published already?? I mean, SOME stuff was on the live feed, but not anything like an actual ruleset.
It looks like Iron Maiden has flow to spare, but AfM is extremely flowy and more open, too. I doubt you'll get MORE flow. Looks like a lateral or maybe a little less.

He essentially went over everything during the video. Jack hasn't posted the video to his past broadcasts yet; I was going to watch again last night and couldn't find it. I'm sure they're going to add more to it...still from what I saw, I loved it

1 week later
#4859 5 years ago

It needs some dialing in out of the box in order to reach those higher scores. Being the masochist I am, I decided to leave it alone. I've maxed out at 58B on an original AFM. This one, I'm sitting at 9.3B in over 200 games.

This game does hate me. I'm convinced. I've had some stupid cheap drains with the ball returning on the left wireform. It'll come down, hit the sling rubber, and bounce to the left out lane. :::shrugs::: Lots of yelling and cursing commences

#4878 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I bought the standard for the classic look. Hardware has year warrenty and beagle boards are cheap

Beagle?

2 weeks later
#4987 5 years ago

After many, many plays, this game is going nowhere.

IMG_6426 (resized).JPGIMG_6426 (resized).JPG

#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What's your top score so far? I know you blew up your DI!

25B so far. Haven't even ruled the universe yet! Settings right now are extra difficult. No ball save. My best ever was 59B at silverball in jersey

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

IMG_5554 (resized).PNGIMG_5554 (resized).PNG

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aren't the toppers LE-exclusive? Pretty sure you can't get them except on the LE, even as an additional purchase.

Yes they are. My god are they gorgeous!

Took some pics tonight. Very, VERY photogenic!

IMG_6454 (resized).JPGIMG_6454 (resized).JPG

IMG_6455 (resized).JPGIMG_6455 (resized).JPG

IMG_6456 (resized).JPGIMG_6456 (resized).JPG

IMG_6457 (resized).JPGIMG_6457 (resized).JPG

IMG_6459 (resized).JPGIMG_6459 (resized).JPG

#5039 5 years ago

Hey guys - recorded some game play action tonight with my son. Figured I'd share here!

#5048 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Great video!
You have a credit on the screen.
A switch needs to be actuated or needs adjusting.
Your switch behind the drop target needs to be tightened and adjusted so that it's a little more sensitive and works 100% when you hit the mothership hole.
Twist it a little higher in the subway.

I keep getting a left gate stuck open. Everything works in test mode

#5051 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Error messages start on page 1-57 in the manual . This explains what you need to do so you don't get an error. If everything is working.
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd. I'll look at it and get it done

1 week later
#5086 5 years ago

Play field condition update: Anyone care to guess how many plays to date? The machine was opened march 13, this year. No protective Cliffys.

IMG_6554 (resized).JPGIMG_6554 (resized).JPG

IMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6555 (resized).JPG

IMG_6556 (resized).JPGIMG_6556 (resized).JPG

IMG_6557 (resized).JPGIMG_6557 (resized).JPG

IMG_6558 (resized).JPGIMG_6558 (resized).JPG

IMG_6559 (resized).JPGIMG_6559 (resized).JPG

IMG_6560 (resized).JPGIMG_6560 (resized).JPG

IMG_6561 (resized).JPGIMG_6561 (resized).JPG

IMG_6562 (resized).JPGIMG_6562 (resized).JPG

IMG_6563 (resized).JPGIMG_6563 (resized).JPG

IMG_6564 (resized).JPGIMG_6564 (resized).JPG

IMG_6565 (resized).JPGIMG_6565 (resized).JPG

IMG_6566 (resized).JPGIMG_6566 (resized).JPG

IMG_6567 (resized).JPGIMG_6567 (resized).JPG

IMG_6568 (resized).JPGIMG_6568 (resized).JPG

IMG_6570 (resized).JPGIMG_6570 (resized).JPG

IMG_6571 (resized).JPGIMG_6571 (resized).JPG

#5104 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

1600? What wax you using? Clear looks flawless.

1017 at the moment. In my home only, no less. Wife and son are in love with it! It's holding up damn near flawlessly! Some chipping at the ball drain that I mylared once I began to notice is. That's about it

I use meguires cleaner wax, and liquid paste wax rubbed on by hand, every 100 plays MAX

2 weeks later
#5190 5 years ago

Having an interesting issue with the ball hopping out of the Inlane after ejecting from the ship/lock VUK. See pic below for an explanation. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

IMG_6771 (resized).JPGIMG_6771 (resized).JPG

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

CGC Menu, Adjust your Incandescent Emulation. I believe the game defaults to "slow". I found this to change the "blink rate". I believe this setting is intended to emulate the incandescent bulbs fading in and out slowly, instead of the instant on/off. Problem is that the fading in and out on the flashing insert can be so slow you don't notice that it is blinking.

If you want pure emulation without having the inserts seem like they're not blinking, use these settings in the CGC menu.

Here's a video:

IMG_6772 (resized).JPGIMG_6772 (resized).JPG

#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen locknut a little ( white circle ) push wireform to the right a little, direction of blue arrow. Retighten locknut ( white circle )

Thanks Lloyd!

#5200 5 years ago

All of my lights flash properly in attract mode it's only in game that I'm concerned with and really all of them work exceptionally well except the ramp lights differentiating between what has been made and what has not been made.

You've got me on that one. Mine works well both ways.

#5207 5 years ago

Back to my diverter chattering or activating during slings or Flippers it might be a loose connection it might be the solenoid driver board I'll have to investigate it further but definitely it's the diverter moving while the slings are running something is amiss.
I guess it's possible that during the vibration of the slingshots in flippers running that diverter is losing power I'll have to investigate further.

Ball search starts in that area fast. I know after bricking several shots and hitting nothing it will start to open and close looking for a ball.

3 weeks later
#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I have to say.. I've been keeping track of an LE thats been on location since the end of February, and the thing has been working great. when we checked on Sunday, it was at 18,400ish plays. The shooter lane looks amazing and the SOL scoop is perfect still (mylar was put down in that area). Flippers rebuilt once, and the small spring on the diverter gave out... other than that, no issues! It needs some small adjustments occasionally but has been pretty rock solid for a location machine!

Would love to see pics if you’d snap a few! My PF still looks like it came out of the box at almost 1200 plays.

54BC4895-A892-49A1-BE18-AB885EBB3E87 (resized).jpeg54BC4895-A892-49A1-BE18-AB885EBB3E87 (resized).jpeg6630AAF8-AC59-445E-BFCF-2540E1A41B36 (resized).jpeg6630AAF8-AC59-445E-BFCF-2540E1A41B36 (resized).jpeg
#5323 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Where did you get that?
So last night I was able to hit all 4 hurry-ups at once for 1 billion points. I never thought I would be able to pull this off, but at one point I realized I had all the final shots ready and hadn't yet started any of them. Up until this point I wasn't really trying for this, it just worked out. I was able to start each one within the hurry-up time, though I almost lost it on the atomic blaster shot, got it with the last remaining few seconds on the clock. Pretty cool. Now I'm curious how many others have pulled this off?

It’s much easier than most think to pull this off: Hit each shot twice lining up the last shot to enable hurry up. After the second hurry up, take your time! Cradle after every recovery shot, focus, and start knockin them down.

I had one game recently over 80B where I pulled it off several times in that one game. It’ll never happen again! Most I’ve ever done it in a single game prior to that is 3 times.

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Installed my new ball guide last night to fix the hang ups on the right orbit on plunge. Played 5 games and not 1 ball got hung up. Part and detailed instructions arrived in 4 days. I’m impressed with the customer service of CGC.

A ball guide fixed the plunge issue?!

Quoted from Damien:

On default settings? Outlane posts at default? If so, you really need to go play with the best in the world.
Are you recording your games?

Settings were not factory. It was set to difficult (a loop had to be made for each ball lock, even initially when beginning the game). I pulled off the score at Allentown this year. The guy I was playing with walked away after I had 15 billion LOL. I wish I had recorded the game because that’ll probably never happen again. And had I not been interrupted, I probably would’ve pushed 100 billion. Posts were stock.
6AD12706-9233-415C-B13E-32498E115550 (resized).jpeg6AD12706-9233-415C-B13E-32498E115550 (resized).jpegB1DAE468-1E6C-48A3-9019-8B2D7A8B4EED (resized).jpegB1DAE468-1E6C-48A3-9019-8B2D7A8B4EED (resized).jpeg

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Lenny you are unreal! Another friend has an le & we were playing at his house when Lenny crushes a high score of idk like 35 billion ! The outlanes were set at 1/2 way I’m still trying on mine for RTU and haven’t gone above 20 billion but getting closer

Thank you my good sir

My best on my remake is 28b. Still haven’t ruled the universe yet (Just to show you how brutal my machine is)! My goal has been to beat It on extra difficult settings the whole time. I’m always three shots away and fuck it all up LOL! When are we getting together man!?

#5384 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t look now but AFM currently number one pin all time in Pinside 100.
I’ve ordered my AFM LE somewhat impulsively, sure I’ve played AFM a good little bit, but not a lot. I’m going by the reviews and such, plus I don’t have any older pins and thought adding one of the better/best of the B/W pins would be good for my collection balance.
I think (from reviews) AFM is fairly/very shallow and seems to be a lot of hit the saucer shot, I’m curious to hear from the owners why such a simple pin seems to have pushed up past such others like TZ or TAF, TS which are around the same era but seem to have much more in the way of toys and maybe rules.

Great choice. I decided to keep mine after posting it recently for a DILE trade. Couldn't let go of one grail game for another! Will find a way to get and keep both

2 weeks later
#5524 5 years ago

Off topic...but are all of the LE’s sold out? Anyone know?

#5538 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Noticed quite a bit of rattle with my glass.
Just replaced it with PDI and the problem is gone.
After comparing the two glasses side by side I noticed that the original glass has more of a bevel on it.
Could be the problem for some of you guys.
Just thought I'd share.

Never thought The glass was the problem. Anyone care to verify this?

2 weeks later
#5647 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

This happens to me occasionally. Since the multi-ball diverter and the saucer hole both end up at the VUK, occasionally the game will think the saucer shot came from the diverter. My guess is that the saucer hole switch misses the ball so the game thinks it must have come from the diverter.
This usually happens to me when I need one more shot to conquer Mars. I hit the last shot, the game thinks it came from the diverter, ball kicks out and then I manage to drain it before I hit the saucer shot again

I’ve had a dozen games like this lol

1 week later
#5682 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The original translite and the 3D one are the same size.
S O N O A L T E R A T I O N N E E D E D

I thought no was fairly direct jkashani lol

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

You guys take yourself too seriously and cannot perceive a joke. I have a suggestion: less pinball more alcohol and all will be OK.

Oh, we’ve gotta bust your chops!

#5722 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I want to get Titan rubbers but am confused which will look the best. I have an AFMR LE with green trim. I am thinking red will pop nicely, any suggestions?

Red is classic. I’d do it. The green is played out

1 week later
#5781 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do if your wife called you in for dinner with the family right as you lit RTU for the first time?
[quoted image]

Yell at the top of my lungs “PINBALL ETIQUETTE!!!!”

#5782 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Fantastic score! Dinner would have to wait, as getting RTU could be a once in the lifetime event for me personally. Someone is going to have to be in peril for me to walk away from a lit RTU.

I’ve lit and started RTU numerous times on my current machine. Only once have I finished. Every other time I kept bricking every single shot to keep me from scoring 5billion. 3 times I was 200m away lol

2 weeks later
1 year later
#8142 4 years ago

RETURN TO BATTLE SOLDIER!!!

Re-joined the club after a 16 month Hiatus. Repurchased my original AFMRLE from @strummy! Bought it nib, and asked him if he ever decided to part with it to give me a holler. We’ve kept in touch over the last year or so, and he’s nothing short of a complete gentleman. So, when I got a text asking me if I wanted it back, I JUMPED at the opportunity! Very rare that you also get a game back cosmetically as perfect, and BETTER (Eat at Eddys mod, and full cliffies) than you originally sold it!

Super happy to be back. My son was ECSTATIC as well (he was removing the wrapping in the car on the way home LOL)! If Strummy ever has a game for sale, deal with absolute confidence!
69547A50-8872-4AE1-8AB6-0015E5F7F4B5 (resized).jpeg69547A50-8872-4AE1-8AB6-0015E5F7F4B5 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Here is an inexpensive mod that I’m really happy with the results. I ordered a metal glass channel from Mantis Pinball and had robertstone0407 powdercoat it to match the le color scheme.[quoted image][quoted image]

Was this done to Eliminate the rattling?

#8284 4 years ago

Anyone have a fix to keep the glass from rattling? The side rails appear to be the culprit. It’s annoying as all hell

#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hi PinLen83. I had huge issues with rattles with my NIB AFM ‘Special’ and in the end worked out they were coming from the plastic trims the glass slides into. Those plastic trims slot into ‘slots’ that run along each side of the cabinet. I ended up removing the staples holding the plastic trim, running a slightly rubberised adhesive tape along the edge of the cabinet, both sides, then cutting the middle of tape with a craft knife so the trim could still slot back in but being held firmly. I then drilled thru the trim creating pilot holes into the cabinet, screwing the trim down at 100mm intervals. Then ran the same tape along the top of the plastic trim so there is no possibility of vibration between it and the underside of the stainless trim. Finally some electrical tape along the top edge of the glass and all is finally quiet! Here are some photos...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the instructions! It’s been killing me for the longest time

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=pinlen83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.