pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdx_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4356 6 years ago

I'm really excited to order an AFMr SE, but at the same time I'm worried about the color and planking issues. I'll get cliffy's so not too worried about the chipping. Finding a used one in my area takes way more patience then I have. I feel like I'm rolling the dice by ordering NIB. Odds are I won't crap out, but I don't really want to put $7200 on the Pass Line (craps reference for those who don't gamble).

#4478 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Martians are here, now the Aliens have landed. Both absolutely great games and totally different. Don’t forget for a second how lucky every one of us are to be having this discussion.

Ain't that the truth. Some people don't know where their next meal is coming from and we are bitching about our $8000 pinball machines. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be mad, but big picture we are all lucky.

#4576 6 years ago

My SE was delivered today. Thanks to JJ for super fast shipping. Cosmetically no issues, what a beautiful game. I do have the shooter issue where balls don't always get to the top but I'll fix that tomorrow.

My cliffy's are on back order, apparently he has been slammed with AFMr orders. I'm also going to order titan rings, I'm thinking gitd.

#4597 6 years ago

Maybe having issues with the moving basket assembly on Shaq Attaq Remake?

#4604 6 years ago

Can someone add post #2401 to the key post index? It provides a link to the "fix your shooter lane" pdf from CGC. Maybe there's a better post somewhere in this thread, but I think this deserves to be a key post

#4619 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I joined the club. Bought the last LE in green from Game Exchange. Any must haves? I will start reading the thread but it is 90 pages long.

Congrats! In my opinion, cliffy's are a must to prevent chipping. But he's on back order right now.

1 week later
#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from Jayg1981:

Joined the club!

Congrats. If I were you, I would swap the No Fear with the AFMr away from the door. You don't want someone coming into the door carrying something and scratching up the cabinet. I'd rather a cab gouge on the No Fear

#4757 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My game is set at 6.8 degrees and plays perfect. Definitely not too fast, but that being said its sitting next to my SW, which is over the top fast

Is your pitch even throughout? When I measure mine I get different slope at the flippers, middle pf and up top by the 3 bank target. It seems to have more slope down by the flippers and get lower as I move up the pf (e.g. 7 degrees at the flippers, 6.5 mid pf and 6 degrees up by bank target). Since the PF should be flat, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me and perhaps my measurement tool isn't super precise? I have it set to ~6.8 at the flippers and it seems slow.

2 weeks later
#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

My#873 LE was delivered last Sunday by Curly from Little Shop of Games. Outstanding distributor, great customer support. Won't hesitate to purchase my second pinball from him.
Machine plays fantastic. Lights, graphics and sounds are mesmerizing, however, I'm getting murdered by this game! It's a serious drain monster, especially the two outlanes. The ball constantly swings over into these two lanes. No amount of nudging can change the trajectory. Other drains from Stroke of Luck VUK or SDTM are manageable.
Having played GB many times, I really feel AFMr is a hell-of-a-lot more challenging in terms of ball-time longevity.
Since last Sunday, I registered 289 games and cannot obtain a score higher than 7.2B.
Spending my childhood and adolescent summer years (60's-70's) at the various pinball arcades in Seaside Heights NJ, I've always considered myself a better than average player, but man, this pin is frustrating.
Achieving annihilation, super skill shots, Martian multi-ball, etc. is not terribly difficult, and consistently obtained, but getting past four countries has not been achieved. The sad part is I set the game up for 5 balls. How these Guy's are getting mega-high scores and Attack Mars mode on 3 ball is beyond me.
Playfield level is set at 6.8 degrees, horizontal level is 0, flipper strength set to default (minimal airballs). Tilt is disabled.
I did notice the outposts are off-center (see pic) favoring the outlanes, but I'm not about to take a Dremel to enlarge the hole in order to shift position. I also re-centered both slingshots.
So, do I basically suck, or just need more patience to advance in the gameplay? Any suggestions or tips on game play is much appreciated.
Thanks Guys.

I know this is heresy to some people but here's what I did:

1. Move outlane guides all the way down
2. Install 5 ball
3. Change the extra ball for destroying cities back to 2 (it goes to 3 when you install 5 ball)
4. Change the extra ball for SOL down to 4
5. Change the extra ball during Strobe Multiball down to 8 (I think that's the lowest)
6. Crank all the timers up to max (ball save, martian attack, etc...). Anything that times out, move it to max
7. Drill a hole in the pf and install a post between the flippers (ok, that was a joke)

This makes the game more fun for me as it allows me to get close to ruling the universe. I got to RTU the other night for the first time ever although I didn't get the 5 billion needed to RTU. Don't be embarrassed about doing this. It's your $8000 and you can do whatever you want with the game. Make it fun.

I'm getting better at this game and will start dialing all this back over time. Someday I hope to be back to 3 ball default settings and be able to light RTU.

#4875 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Quick question guys on my AFM I notice when I play and I hit the left sling it sometimes makes it kick like 2 or three times. It’s not every time I hit bit but it’s alit during a game. Annoying as shit. Any ideas how I can do a quick fix on this problem? Also have rattling on my glass. Tape? Thanks in advance

Rattling on the glass, do you have a loose side rail? When you hear the rattle press the side rail in and see if it stops.

#4926 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Unfortunately the LE is out of my price range. The SE wil cause enough spousal discontent if it truly is MSRP. Would I regret getting the Standard? I think I would miss that color display...

I was going to get the standard because I didn't *need* the color display. When it came time to order I got the SE because I was thinking it would help if I ever wanted to sell it. Now that I've had the SE in my home for a few weeks I'm kicking myself for not getting the LE. Buy what you can afford, but if you can swing the SE I'd highly recommend it.

And to echo others, I don't think anyone is able to offer discounts off the MSRP.

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm mulling this purchase vs a GotG Pro. GotG is more of a gamble pending more code. BUT, it's also $2300 less. I want AFM, but $2300 is a lot of dough.

I made this exact same mistake by buying a SW Pro last fall because it was cheaper. I really liked the game, but every time I played it I kept thinking "this isn't AFM".

1 week later
#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys im gonna be ordering a new Afmr in a day or so. What are some things(Add-ons, Cliffies etc)that i should purchase for the game. Does a nib come with leg protectors?

It comes with leg protectors. Order your Cliffy's now, he's two months behind due to a flood of AFMr orders.

1 week later
#5067 5 years ago

Has anyone else had a problem with the ball not triggering the pop bumpers consistently? When the ball bangs around above the roll over lanes and comes thru slowly, often times it hits the pop bumper skirt but the coil doesn't fire. Is this a pf pitch issue? It's all 3 of them so I don't think its misaligned switches. My guess is that I need to increase the pitch so the ball has more momentum and will trigger the switch, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue first.

Thanks,
Bob

#5070 5 years ago

Thank you Vic and Lloyd. I'll take a look tonight.

#5075 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Ah,.. now that looks cool,.. how do I get one ?

Don't bother, "It'll never work."

2 weeks later
#5167 5 years ago

I have a bug report too. When you RTU for the 9th time on ball one, the flashers seem a bit off. Anyone else notice this?

2 months later
#5646 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone tell me if this is normal??
I was playing a city mode and the final shot seemed to start the main multiball. I already had 2 balls locked and the multiball started from the shot to the saucer not the ball lock. That doesn’t seem right but I thought maybe there was some circumstances that it may be or could it be a switch contamination leading the game to think it was a lock shot?
Only happened one time.

This happens to me occasionally. Since the multi-ball diverter and the saucer hole both end up at the VUK, occasionally the game will think the saucer shot came from the diverter. My guess is that the saucer hole switch misses the ball so the game thinks it must have come from the diverter.

This usually happens to me when I need one more shot to conquer Mars. I hit the last shot, the game thinks it came from the diverter, ball kicks out and then I manage to drain it before I hit the saucer shot again

2 months later
#5911 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Been looking at an AFMr SE that I think I will end up buying.
What are some obvious questions I should ask that I might not think of? Any critical updates or parts replaced that I should look in to?

Make sure the ball reaches the rollover lanes every time when plunging, some games have a bent metal guide which blocks the ball ~50% of the time. CGC will send a new part, but good to know before buying.

3 weeks later
#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Perhaps a more efficient way to ask my question is, "What is the difference in 'Award Lock' and "Light Lock'?"
I understand that Light Lock will light the ball lock and then after sending three balls into that lane, multi ball begins.
I understand that without these SOL awards, I will have to send one ball into that lane to light the lock and three successive to begin multi ball.
What I do not understand is what change is made when award lock is granted by the SOL. I see no change to the ball lock light or number of balls already locked.
Apologies for the dogged line of questioning, it just seems like a hollow award that doesn't do anything. Appreciate the instruction; quite new to this!

The award lock should award another ball lock? Let's say you lite the lock and then shot 1 of 3 balls into the diverter. With the award lock, the second insert should light up as you know have 2 of 3 balls sent to the diverter. You aren't seeing the second insert light up after getting award lock? I'll check tonight to see if I'm seeing what you're seeing.

#6010 5 years ago

As I was playing tonight this post mysteriously appeared in my left outlane. For the life of me I can't figure out where it came from. I tried looking at pics on ipdb but no luck. Can anyone help?

20181112_215108 (resized).jpg20181112_215108 (resized).jpg
#6013 5 years ago

Thank you both, that's it.

Any bets on how long it takes me to get the motivation to remove the wire ramp so I can get this fixed?

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do hope you throw it in the cash box for the next owner.
LTG : )

Of course. Along with a few random parts from another game in the bottom of the cabinet just to mess with then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
5,400 (OBO)
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdx_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=pdx_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.