pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8730 3 years ago

Do you recommend target decals for this game? If yes, what are the best ones to get?

Also, does the scoop come with a cliffy installed from the factory? I know MBr does.

#8732 3 years ago

^ thanks I’ll check those out

Can anyone let me know what protectors come installed from factory and what I should get before my game arrives? Thanks again

#8735 3 years ago

Thanks Good to know I’ll just add a cliffy to the shooter lane

One more question, what is the idea pitch for this game?

#8736 3 years ago

Another question... is there a way to add the mini saucer light show to the CE?

#8751 3 years ago

Any idea where I can get the Bally decal to go in the speaker panel of the CE? Can’t find this anywhere.

All I could find was this.... seems pricey just to yet a logo on there- would it even work/fit on a remake?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10374-7A

#8754 3 years ago

Hi guys more noobie questions in anticipation of my game arriving Thursday

Are there any recommended settings in terms of ball save/extra ball/features/etc to maximize the lastability of the game? Or do you just play it stock?

#8755 3 years ago

hi me, again.

Does the color chip upgrade for classic also enable green/blue in the main saucer?

#8757 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. It's for display colors.
LTG : )

is there a different upgrade for that? i saw a pinside market listing that said it had a "full" color upgrade that did.

edit: looking through the market archive im seeing a lot of CEs with color upgrade where you can see in the photos displaying colors other than red...

example: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/87517

video from listing:

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Looks like a Pinstadium upgrade

yea on the side lighting, not the saucer- right?

more examples...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/79018
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90018

anyway, ill find out in a few days and will report back

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I believe you can connect the side lighting to the main saucer. Pretty cool. It was posted on this thread awhile back with some information.

Wouldn’t that just be to drive the pinstadium colors?

#8764 3 years ago

Ah, does that work with the remakes?

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

The CE has the tri-colored lights on the main saucer. They can be enabled if you add the color chip.
You can disable this in the CGC menu, if you just want one color. I think you can even chose which single color to use, if I remember correctly.
I've got mine set to use all the colors and it's a nice effect.

Boom, thanks. CGC needs to update their website

#8767 3 years ago

Anyone have a 3D translite they’d be willing to part with? Send me a pm

#8780 3 years ago

Just got my CE with a July 2020 build date.

The saucer has the 3 color interactive lights even without the color chip (yes I checked to make sure they hadn't accidentally given it to me).

#8782 3 years ago

So I've had my game for a few days now, here as some of my initial impressions

1. The outlanes are brutal in this game. I am just an average player, so I had to close them a little to take some of the frustration out of the game. Plays much better with them close a bit IMO (unless I truly suck).

2. I've heard everything say this is a high scoring game.... but to me it feels very low scoring. Yes you are in the "billions" but you are really only advancing the first digit by increments of 1-10 so it feels like you aren't really blowing up the score.

3. The right ramp is tough. It's the only shot in the game that I feel like I don't really have much control if it goes in or rattles out.

4. I know people say the game is less center toy dependent than MM for scoring, but I am still struggling to find big points in Multiball/super jackpot/TA- I am sure there are some stacking opportunities I am not aware and taking advantage of yet...

5. I can't stop playing this game. I'm pretty sure I've put 100+ games in over 3 days...

Question- what is your average score in this game? What is considered a decent/good/great score?

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Good score 30 billion
Better score RTU 50-60 billion
Excellent score RTU twice 90-120 billion

average score?

#8796 3 years ago

Not yet, trying to figure things out on my own. Sometimes when I watch a strategy videos it's hard for me to do anything other than the optimal strategy so it takes some of the fun out. Eventually I will, thanks

1 week later
#8844 3 years ago

Ball started getting stuck in the saucer hole, need to open the glass and push the ball with a stick to get it to drop into the vuk kicker. I’m guessing it’s an easy fix but wanted to ask about it before I fiddle with it tomorrow. Thanks

#8848 3 years ago

Can anyone help me find the correct rubbers for this game? I want to replace the black rubbers with white ones, including the posts, and red flipper rubbers as well.. thank you

#8850 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll check that out

Any difference between the planetary pinball and coin taker mirror blades?

#8851 3 years ago

If anyone has the cool white gi LEDS please send me a pm

#8855 3 years ago

in theory, is this all you need to add the additional lights to the mini saucers in the se/ce or is there another controller board that is required?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-PCB-SAUCER8

#8863 3 years ago

Looks pale man. I could be wrong though, still an awesome game.

Edit: eh you might be good, right to tell with your lighting/white balance on that picture

#8865 3 years ago

A lightish orange. Some early playfields had a more pale almost skin color orange. Neither is what I would call dark so it’s hard to tell from you pictures because they aren’t great photos. Though I’m like 80% sure yours is good.

#8879 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hearing the new run of AFMr’s will have a Martian Edition with all the features of the LE new powder coat and the new RGB GI and a topper (not sure if the same as the LE topper hope to hell not!). Anyone else heard this?

Where did you hear that?

#8889 3 years ago

Shout out to Mr_Tantrum for his amazing version of the Eat At Eddys mod. The build quality is top notch and the lighting is just awesome with its fire flickering effect and built in light for the sign. 10/10

5D327620-B2D0-449A-B877-2C1DBA3C4B76 (resized).jpeg5D327620-B2D0-449A-B877-2C1DBA3C4B76 (resized).jpeg
#8898 3 years ago

I think planetary pinball sells the actual blades used on the LE. They look a little different to the cointaker ones I think. Not sure they will fit an SE/CE but I assume they will fit better.

#8910 3 years ago

Question about pinstadiums

Do They use alligator clips or is there an adapter/connector to plug in?

How are they attached to the cabinet? I want these to be fully reversible and don’t want sticky tape to leave marks or pull paint off the inside of the cabinet

Thanks !

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Question about pinstadiums
Do They use alligator clips or is there an adapter/connector to plug in?
How are they attached to the cabinet? I want these to be fully reversible and don’t want sticky tape to leave marks or pull paint off the inside of the cabinet
Thanks !

Bumping this hoping someone can help, thanks

#8924 3 years ago

Got my custom painted saucers from back alley
581BDF51-1B6F-440A-B1E1-E1283A404ECC (resized).jpeg581BDF51-1B6F-440A-B1E1-E1283A404ECC (resized).jpeg

#8926 3 years ago

Would you recommend the backboard illumination kit from Mezel? I don’t want it to flash or do anything other than light up with the GI. I saw a poster a while back had an issue with it Always reseting to flash mode.

#8928 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Personally, no. But if you want to DIY your own it's fairly simple with Comet Matrix parts and a GI wire harness (I make them, and I believe you might still be able to buy them from Mezel). Would cost a few dollars less and you can choose your own light color(s), but you might find it easier just to buy the kit.

This one?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips?variant=30701513998438

#8932 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Didn’t u sell this?

Decided to keep it

#8934 3 years ago

Did they not come with screws?

#8937 3 years ago

Green mini saucer domes, wadaya think?

D9617328-BD5E-4A7A-ABB3-A9C22C3B37DC (resized).jpegD9617328-BD5E-4A7A-ABB3-A9C22C3B37DC (resized).jpeg

Video

EF7DFF70-D8C7-4C56-AA8C-F1B335821FA1 (resized).jpegEF7DFF70-D8C7-4C56-AA8C-F1B335821FA1 (resized).jpeg
#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think I like them. I also might like 2 red and 2 green.

Bingo! Two red 4 green is the way to go, looks amazing

5EE01314-015C-43B9-9B45-C93233BC280A (resized).jpeg5EE01314-015C-43B9-9B45-C93233BC280A (resized).jpeg
#8940 3 years ago

Wow just turned up the flipper strength back to default now that the game has settled in and it’s great. It’s not quite as fast as fresh out of the box so the ball isn’t flying off the center ramp anymore. Love it

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe time to wax the playfield.
If any of my games get slower, its a good indication thay they need wax.
I wax and change or polish the balls every 350 to 450 games.

Or I can just play it with default flipper strength lol. Like I said, out of the box the ball was flying off the ramp.

#8956 3 years ago

Added a couple of spotlights near the slings. I think they go well with the 50s theme (kind of look like atomic blasters). They really light up the martians with a moon like light that I think adds a lot to the space invasion vibe.

5DD6553D-FED9-4CC2-BE2B-3B36DF35B7F8 (resized).jpeg5DD6553D-FED9-4CC2-BE2B-3B36DF35B7F8 (resized).jpeg
#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So with all this hubbub of gnr coming out, I decided to contact my distributor and order myself....
An afm remake. Lol.
Got the CE with a color chip. I debated between that and the SE, but dammit it I couldnt justify the price. I dont care about the color speakers and didnt really want the huge screen (yet oddly enough like the huge screen on mb). The chip gets me the triple colored space ship and if I want to add a shaker later I can.
I've only kicked this idea around for literally years. Hell.... I posted in this very thread debating on getting one and finally got off my ass and did it.
When I told my wife, I came into the room and said, "so, my son finished the lawn. Here is your mail.... and... Imighthaveorderedapinballmachine. Okay goodbye!"

Congrats CE is awesome. Can’t beat the classic look IMO

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Sorry for brining up gnr, but after the stream I just watched, I feel I definitely made a good choice!
I ordered a color chip and am confused. Is there not a color chip specific to each game? Flippinout gives you the option to buy it but gave the impression they were almost universal??

Pretty sure there is a unique chip for each game. I’m sure flipnout will send you the correct one.

#8978 3 years ago

Yea I got them on macro, it said they were for stern but they are the same as the red ones

I ordered new mini saucers from planetary pinball because I got them painted

To remove them you just twist and pull them off (hold from the dome)

If you use your current saucers you have to remove some glue to separate the dome from the saucer

I didn’t glue the domes to my new saucers, doesn’t really need it

#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I replaced the battery.... didnt work. Just gives me a random odd time of day from around abouts the actual time, but off. Today it just said it was 5 something AM when I just set it at 10:30. Wasnt even on at 5 am and have bo clue why it would be so far off. What exactly is going on?
Any other suggestions?

contact CGC support on their site they are quick to respond.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoy3k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.