pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 weeks later
#1527 6 years ago

Have all the AFMr's had mylar added in front of the scoop and saucer target area. Just saw a LE with this from the factory.

#1605 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not that much of topper guy, but if all toppers were designed/built like this, I'd become one pretty quickly
The attention to detail on the topper AND the packaging were a pleasant surprise. Wow.

Nice shoes snaroff!!!
?

#1666 6 years ago

LE#646 made it unharmed! Setting up after the holidays.
AFM (14) (resized).JPGAFM (14) (resized).JPG

#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just installed pinstadium on my afmr le and all i can say is with the UV flasher what an awesome light show. I set mine to keep with the warm glow of the stock lighting

This is one game that doesn't need any extra lighting. It's one of the brightest games I have in my collection. I do like the UV flasher option. I have that with my RZLE. Enjoy either way.

#1835 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Now it looks perfect

snaroff

Let us know the results of this fix. Thanks Snaroff.

#1885 6 years ago

Changing mine to Titans GITD. Didn't care for black either.

1 week later
#2165 6 years ago

Upgraded to Titan rubber, fluorescent green plastic protectors, black flipper bats. Waiting for my Cliffy's!
IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPG

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Joe where did you get the plastic protectors from and do you have a nice pic of them in the dark .

Pibits sells them. Clear, green or red. No pics right now. Have the game apart for install of cliffys.

2 weeks later
#2567 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Overall, I'm very impressed with the customer service I have received and now that the topper is working...WOW! That alone makes the LE worth the money in my opinion.

Did you request the new chip or was it sent to you for the topper issue. Sounds like this is what everyone with issues needs.

1 week later
#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So my wife was vacuuming and she accidentally hit the cab. What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

Get rid of her

2 weeks later
#3088 6 years ago

No chipping on mine. I did put cliffy's on as I did with my 2 originals I previous had. This game was known for damage in certain area's and I would expect the same on the remakes. I also put mylar down to cover the inserts in front of the SOL hole. The clear on mine is excellent. Purchased last month #646. Not sure about the time line for newer vs. older and if this is even any reason for issues.
IMG_1389 (resized).JPGIMG_1389 (resized).JPG

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I love those target decals! Where did you get those?

Pinball Decals, Inc.

#3132 6 years ago

Putting cliffys on isn't feeding the problem. If you didn't put cliffys on a original afm playfield, guess what happens. One of my original afms was restored by a top restorer. 8 coats of clear, long drying times. He told me to install cliffys because sooner or later it will get damaged at the usual areas. You or the manufacturer can't stop this type of damage. Look at monster bash and other games. My BSD was restored by HEP. I had wear starting at the bat hole after 100 plays. I needed to put a cliffy there. It happens. It's pinball. Putting cliffys helps to eliminate the damaged that can happen.

#3193 6 years ago

My new lucky T-shirt arrived today. I'll never wash it!
IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPG

#3341 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So ive been following this thread for a good while and i was interested in picking any of the remakes up in may(fingers crossed). Frankly im a bit concerned about some of the issues people are having less than a year after they've dropped 7K+. I'm not trying to throw salt in no wounds but is anything being done about these issues?

So if you are concerned about chipping and don't want to use Clifffy's then don't buy it. 2 issues most had were the shooter lane issue and problem controlling coil default values along with blowing the board. Both issues have been addressed by CGC with directions on how to fix the shooter ramp and a new chip for the coil values/board blown issue. I had Cliffy's on my game from day 1. I have no chipping. CGC fixes worked and I have no more shooter lane issues and I set my default flipper strength is -5. My game has no planking, insert wear, cabinet issues or any other problems. I did have a chipped lock-down bar upon delivery which CGC took all of 6 days to get me a new one. I hope those with issues will have CGC be able to resolve them for you. I think CGC customer service is excellent. It's such an amazing game. The graphics are over the top and the light show blows you away. Good luck in deciding!

AFM (13) (resized).JPGAFM (13) (resized).JPG
IMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1361 (resized).JPG
IMG_1384 (resized).JPGIMG_1384 (resized).JPG

#3420 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I’ve probably posted too much on this subject so I’m just going to leave it be. I’m good with my game and appreciate that you will make different decisions with yours.

Agreed. Reading these posts is tiresome. Enough is enough. Enjoy your game, sell your game, don't buy the game. Let the chipping posts go away.

#3429 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There aren’t a lot of problems. There are the same old problems, metal being harder than wood and all of the issues that come along with that. Principals or not, if you want to be fully protected, it’s a small price to pay given what you pay for the game to have your piece of mind.

How many times can you say the same thing. Some people dont want to hear the truth.

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Issue is if you get one of those bad playfeilds you are on your own. Warranty is very discretionary. CGC warranty system is awesome on minor issues with quick shipping. Bigger items not so good.

I'm sorry about your playfield and I agree it should be replaced since it's not screened correctly. Instead of posting vague information about your issue over and over, could you be more specific about what CGC is or isn't going to do for you. I assume you put a ticket in for replacement. Has CGC given you a direct response yet on resolving the issue and any time frame. I apologize if I missed any of your posts with that information. That would be more helpful to owners and possible future owners. I would be upset if they didn't replace it. I couldn't have that playfield in my game and would do whatever I had to get it replaced. I wish you good luck and hope CGC does the right thing for you.

#3724 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

As a prospective AFMr buyer, this thread has been bringin' me down somewhat lately. Just sayin' (I realize how important this info is to share and I appreciate it as such).

How about a happy post or two to change things up though? Any AFMr buyers still overjoyed with their game and experience with Chicago Gaming?

So I received a LE this past December. #646. I've had no problems except for the shooter lane issue, which CGC resolved with a home fix and not able to adjust my coil strength which CGC put out a chip to fix. I have no cabinet or playfield issues. I did put Cliffy's on my game before playing it. I do that with all my games including high end restores to protect them. So I can't speak on any excessive chipping more than expected if you don't use Cliffy's. I'm not liking the posts about others having major issues and not getting the problem solved by CGC. This can determine if I will buy another NIB from CGC or if it's a title I want, wait for it on the secondary market so I can inspect it. I would hate to get a problem game and be told you're stuck with it. I hope CGC is on Pinside and starts posting what they can do for the people with major issues.

#3799 6 years ago

So how many 'nude' playfields are out there. They should be replaced asap. 1,2,???.

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It may even be possible to get a dealer to unbox one before you take it given the concerns that have popped up. For the record, my table and the few that I have seen have NOT had any of the troubling PF issues. Good Luck!

I think that is a great idea. If you're close to dealership, get game shipped to them and then have it setup to give it a full inspection before taking it home. I will do this for MBr.

#4102 6 years ago

Only PDI glass left to go. Man, this game rocks "ALOT" with the powered sub!

IMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1395 (resized).JPG
IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG

#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Something clearly went wrong with the last batch of afmr

Not sure how you can say this and what #'s you are using for description of latch batch. Many people including myself have a late number and recent delivery without any issues described. I think there are some known bad playfields whether screening issues or putty problems but I don't believe it's the norm or a "last bad batch". And I don't work for CGC or get paid by CGC to post here. The playfields in question should be resolved period. I will not order #3 as I would hate to be caught up in trying to resolve a major issue such as a defective playfield. If I want the next game produced, I'll wait on the secondary market so I can inspect the game. I hope CGC can make these customers whole. I want to continue to support them.

1 week later
#4572 6 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I am thinking about titan rings for my AFMLE does anyone have any photos of the glow in the dark rings installed on a game???

Excellent choice. I tried red, green and Titan gray but ended up with gitd. I think the gitd looks best with all the different playfield colors. It kinda casts an eerie light greenish hue.

1 week later
#4682 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

On a different note, does anyone have plastics protectors on their afmr? Is that literally not necessary? I note the washers at the bottom of the slings, but I’d rather have something translucent there to show the art better.

Been shown before by me and others. You can always search pictures in this thread. Here you go to to help you save time.

IMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPG

#4684 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Those look great! I was mostly wondering on colored ones if they wash out the art when the lights are on under them.

No, all art looks as is.

1 month later
#4942 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I love mine in the black trim.
To me it seems to outline the artwork and match the lines of the game better.

I saw both in person. I agree that the black matches better to the artwork and lines. I didn't care for the green but it is much higher in sales than black per CGC. Amazing game with either color. GET 1!!!!!

1 month later
#5251 5 years ago

I have mirror blades on almost all my games. Some fit tighter than others. Never had a problem getting scratched but you do need to be careful working on your machine and or raising the playfield.

2 weeks later
#5321 5 years ago

Little extra love for my LE!

IMG_1524 (resized).JPGIMG_1524 (resized).JPG

#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Haven’t read too much about the remake, is there anything that’s is not great about the remake?

Have u read this thread at all. All u need to know is right here!

#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I ended up playing one and man - not to put anyone down as it's a gorgeous machine but that large display and speaker lights (but especially the large display) - something just doesn't seem right.

Good thing they made more than 1 version so everyone could purchase what suits them. I personally went for the LE because of the display and the topper. I love the speaker lights and have them on all my Stern games. People who come over and play AFMRLE are blown away by the graphics. But in the end it's all just based on what's your taste. The game play is still what makes this a top tier game no matter which model you buy. Enjoy your game.

#5399 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Love how it ties in the eat at eddys like on the backglass.

See ya all at EDDY'S!!!!

IMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPG
IMG_1547 (resized).JPGIMG_1547 (resized).JPG
IMG_1548 (resized).JPGIMG_1548 (resized).JPG

#5440 5 years ago

Congrats! Correct trim color choice as a bonus.

#5465 5 years ago

You worry too much. Just enjoy your new LE!

Quoted from rai:

I saw someone comment in another thread, he got a MM (no remake for me don’t want a future potential paperweight) .

Is that a real concern or is it just a rationalization by somone who prefers original pin not remakes?

#5500 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing some more AFMR SE I've learned to adjust to the bigger screen as the redone color looks great on it. I'll have to live with the blown up pixels I guess...the new color parts looks really good. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the smaller speakers but again, the new color parts (redrawn to not look like pixels) looks very good. They look good on classic too. Great game.

Why not put up a wanted add for a LE!

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I absolutely love this game and decided i just want it all! haha

Very cool! Good luck with the hunt....

1 week later
#5567 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Eat at Eddy's, Atomic Blaster, plastic protectors installed. Also, that's Lermod's backboard and trough lighting strips.

Thank you Mezel Mods for some great add-ons! Installation was pretty easy.

Very nice. I'm not a fan of the Atomic Blaster. It seems out of place. How does it look in person. Maybe the pictures make it look funny. Mezel Mods rock. Love my Eat at Eddy's!!!

3 weeks later
#5685 5 years ago

Didn't sound like a joke. Maybe a would help you next time.

4 months later
#6219 5 years ago

I don't care for the atomic blaster and I love mods.

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I've got an "Eat At Eddy's" mod that I pulled from my game before I sold it.

$100 plus shipping if you're interested. Thanks.

Looks used!

2 weeks later
#6334 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

Have it on mine and it makes a huge difference. One of the best upgrades to purchase almost for any pin.

#6351 5 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Is there a connection for a subwoofer on AFMr? If not, how would one hook it up?

Use can use alligator clips to easily remove if wanted. I solder my connectors to make them a little more secure. Very easy either way.

3 weeks later
#6432 5 years ago

As a newbie and based on the questions your asking, I wouldn't suggest hooking that up by yourself. You can damage your game fairly easily if you do it incorrectly. Do you have anybody with knowledge that could help you. Even after another pinsider mentioned the power taps as a way to hook up, you moved on to that connector. Please be careful as LTG stated you can avoid the warranty.

#6433 5 years ago

Sorry, void the warranty.

#6437 5 years ago

I have a Polk external sub on mine and never had a problem. I would try your sub only on the afmr and see if that solves it.

3 weeks later
#6529 5 years ago

GITD Titans in mine also. Tried red, green and each looked off. The GITD create a cool effect. I also changed the flipper bats to black to make them stand out even more.

1 month later
#6669 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Secured one of the very remaining LEs in Black. I can live with this...

You got the best trim color-congrats!!!!

1 month later
#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Any pics of what it looks like?

Pics already here including mine with the fluorescent green. It does create a cool glow. Just click on pictures at top of thread and you’ll see many different shots.

1 month later
#7238 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Had the same problem with the ones I ordered from Mezel Mods. Ending up returning them

Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for the comment. Curious how others have actually installed these? I've seen them on several machines, but without ordering longer posts/screws as well, I don't see how it is possible.

I have them installed on my game and they look amazing. There isn't a lot of extra 'post' to screw down the stock nuts. So what you can do is purchase low profile nuts which is about half the size of the originals and allow you to get the nut to lock without a issue. I had extra from a previous restore but places like Pinball Life and others sell them-very common part. They also have color versions of the nuts to match any looks you want to create.

2 months later
#7429 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

ust got these in the mail. Oh man, I'm getting excited. Only 3 more days before I pickup my game.

I had these installed on my game from day 1 and changed the flipper bats to enhance the color. Great color choice-you'll love the look! Don't forget your Eat At Eddy's!!!

IMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1547 (resized).JPGIMG_1547 (resized).JPG
#7451 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks for your perspective. I've played Titans on both of my other pins since I've owned them, and personally really like the look and the feel.

Same for me. Every game in my collection has Titans and I have no dead feel. So far I haven't replaced any of them for damage or splitting. I think for home use they hold up as well as any other replacement rubber. Can't beat the color choices and top notch service!

2 weeks later
1 week later
#7659 4 years ago

UV light show!
IMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPG
IMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPG

#7671 4 years ago

I guess you didnt see my recent pic. Yes the paint glows big time under uv lamps. And yes the titans gitd rubbers do not glow alot. I bought them more for the color which ties in well to the playfield. Also the uv effect drops when all the gi and insert lights are on. Just as it drops in your gameroom with lights on.

2 weeks later
#7836 4 years ago

Have you had time to play your new game at all?

2 months later
#8220 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:Which will stay and why?? Please be objective where possible

No one can answer except you. I never understood the premise of asking this question. How can I or anyone else tell you what only you can know. Many people own both and love them. Many people own one or the other and love the game. You have both of them in front of you. Some people don't have that luxury. Play your games and decide on your own. Enjoy!!!!

1 month later
#8384 4 years ago

Not rare, defective. Those playfields should never have been installed. Many posts about it.

#8412 4 years ago

Titan's GITD is the way to go!

#8429 4 years ago

I'm on the other end of this and I'm not a old schooler or a hater of pinstadiums. I had them on my RZ due to how dark the playfield was and they worked well. I just dont find any reason to brighten any other games I have I'm my collection including AFMR. I know you can adjust pinstadiums but I just dont see any issues with these games being under lighted. My gameroom has normal lighting and also a UV setup. Even in UV mode, the game is bright to me. Enjoy a great game either way!

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

As far as UV lighting in the game room, I'd love to see that. AFMr lights up well under UV, especially with Titan GITD rings, the green plastic protectors, and the florescent green posts I've added to mine. I don't have a UV setup, but when I hit it with a UV flashlight it looks awesome.

The best game I have for UV by far! Pics for UV are hard to take to get the complete look. Everyone loves the room compared to normal lighting. Completely different feel when playing!

IMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#8504 3 years ago

You must be reading the same posts over and over for playfield issues. Only issue as mentioned in last post was some playfields went out without the orange layer - nude. Check to make sure yours is not one of them. Clear is really good on these. Yes you will get dimples but that seems to be on all new playfields regardless of manufacturer. All other issues are minor if you have them at all. I have both afmr and mbr and on order mmr. By far CGC is the best right now. Good luck!

2 months later
#8615 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

Just ordered my AFM SE (which will be my first pin) and I am trying to gather up some parts for when it arrives. Already ordered my cliffy protectors... who is the go to vendor for the plastic protector kit... preferably the colored versions?

Pinbits makes a great set!

IMG_2607 (resized).JPGIMG_2607 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#8718 3 years ago

Congrats! Your game just increased in value. Your seller, not so much... One of the best features of the LE is also probably the best topper ever for a pin. Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#8819 3 years ago

Blankets are cool! Been doing this for years. Keeps the dust off and damn cat from scratching the PDI glass.

IMG_2275 (resized).JPGIMG_2275 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

but if I put pinstadium lights on my machine will you really be able to see the PowerBladez? At that point should I just go with some other art package for the inside and put in the pinstadium lights? Thoughts?

Quoted from sizzler747:

I'm surprised you want to add pinstadium lights to this game. Its so bright as it is!

Pinstadiums are not needed on most games including all CGC remakes. I just don't see the need to brighten up these already very bright games.
I'm not a hater for this product as I owned a set for my Rob Zombie which is a very dark game. I would not own this product for any other game in my collection. Btw, I think AFMr is the brightest of all 3 CGC remakes!

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is a side by side, and I only run mine at about 50% brightness.

Sorry but my game without pinstadiums does not look like the picture on the left.

3 months later
#9508 2 years ago

Leave the nut on at the end of the post and then just gently tap with a hammer or plastic mallet. It doesn't take much to get the post to start moving.

#9512 2 years ago

The nut is left on not to damage the threads of the post. Once the post moves off course you would take the nut off to get the post thru the the hole. Sorry that had to even be explained

10 months later
#10027 1 year ago

I wouldn't buy a le without the topper unless the price was real low. It's probably one of the best toppers ever.

10 months later
#10254 1 year ago

I've found the best UV setup is to use a overhead or angled overhead UV light set up.. No matter what you use, as soon as you turn the game on you will lose most of what you're trying to accomplish. The AFM playfield is one of the most UV reactive playfields so as you can see it looks amazing. Once on-not so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=neverahighscore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.