pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrWol64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2966 6 years ago

I just joined the AFMR LE club today.... 305 is now in the house, out in the west of Brisbane!! First NIB pin for me,. and it was 1) very exciting and 2) very nerve racking. Getting the Topper connections all done was a little trickier than I thought, as the labelling wasn't as clear as I had expected. No matter though,.. under test it all works,.. game is adjusted to my low skills for high enjoyment factor. First day in and my bloody wife has already beaten me,.. she's more of a natural at this hobby. Now I have to read through the remaining 46 pages of this thread to catch up with all the minor issues and solution ie I have glass vibration, and the power to the topper motor seems to like popping enough to disable it every now and then. I now also have to wait for the flipper adjustment fix to arrive, and do that maintenance. Pic included is my new pin, alongside my Pinbot and BoP,.. which may now see a little less play until I get the desire for some more of that late 80's/early 90's pinball play.

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

#3007 6 years ago

Holy blinking spots in front my eyes BatMan,... the Wife and I managed to enjoy a couple of Strobe Multiball sessions while playing ourselves in to the rules of the game. Whoever dreamed that up is a maniac and a genius!!

#3015 6 years ago

Anyone know if the Australian delivered AFMR-LE’s are meant to have coin mechs included ?
I have zippity doo da in that spot, whereas I’m reading the folks in the US had them included.
Doesn’t detract from having a great game, but if it should have one, I want it

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

only in the US - overseas dont.

Thx folks,.. kinda thought that may be the case,.. but was worth asking the q,...

1 week later
#3278 6 years ago

Q on the Jet Bumper setting,.. I really want them to bump the ball around as much as possible. I'm a sucker for the sound effects when the jet bumpers fire,.. and I want to get those Super Jets!! Yeah, I know, improve skills, make the shots,.. but fun is important too.

I thought Max would be the right setting for this,.. but I'm now not sure if that is the best approach .. any thoughts? Is it is case of less is more?

2 weeks later
#4329 6 years ago

AFMR LE 305 is doing well in Brisbane and in constant use,.. had one issue that CGC and my distro sorted out in very quickly, no mucking about.... which I was impressed with and very appreciative of. For my money this is an excellent game, great build, and hours of exhausting fun. Hope the thread goes back to being focused on owning, enjoying and helping. Looking forward to seeing what "actually" gets revealed at TPF.

#4400 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We love it! And, we live in Australia.

Snap,.. that is at least 2 LE’s in Australia being loved and played!! Got hooked by the SE at Pincadia

#4425 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

So you don’t know exactly how many but you know they are all loved and played. How you even know 60 or 70 people with this game is beyond me but the last part I don’t know how you could possibly know if all those games are played and loved. It’s comments like this that make you seem suspicious.

Thats Australia dude,.. its Pinball with benefits!!

#4426 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think that there are 60 or 70 in Aus! All loved and played.

Now thats a good number!! Imagine a themed event with them all in play,.. with the beers flowing and a mass chant Germany is Victorious,.. Oi Oi

#4472 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And it will pass. AFM is such a fantastic machine. Everyone who comes to play loves it.
Be the hange you wish to see. Let’s kee this thread positive. AFM rocks.

As per my post,.. in Australia AFMR 305 is going great,.. and being played and loved,.. little niggles for a physical machine as expected and sorted out,.. hope that helps get the positive vibe going

2 weeks later
#4691 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here you go - the connections for the pingraffix AfM lit/animated art blades. The third pic is probably the one you're looking for (where the wires inside the insulation are split out and connected to the power supply, but the other two show the placement of the adapter (laying in the cabinet).

Now this is where this forum really pays off. I just bought a pair of these at TPF today,.. now I have the instructions in picture form. Thx PinMonk !!

2 weeks later
#4840 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

So, do I basically suck, or just need more patience to advance in the gameplay? Any suggestions or tips on game play is much appreciated.
Thanks Guys.

My 2 cents... I switched to 3ball on all my pins a few months back,.. and I play my Pinbot before my AFMR LE to ensure some patience.. and Pinbot is major drain hell!! Slowly progressing,.. due to a lack of talent still at about 12b but have attacked mars successfully,.. and will get to rule the universe one day,.... just keep at it,.. and dont get suckered in to soft shots off the flippers

1 week later
#4873 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just thinking out loud here. I have a few games on my radar, AFMr being one. Think it’s too similar to SMVE in a small lineup? And what’s the consensus of the SE version? Is the light show and missing extra saucers worth upgrading to LE? Not much of a topper guy even though it’s a bad ass topper.

The Topper makes for a lot if fun when others are watching,.. my grand daughter is fascinated by it moving and “talking”..

2 weeks later
#5001 5 years ago

As I understand it the LE has a board for the topper to connect to,.. and the SE doesnt have it (could be wrong),.. so it may only be able to sit inert on top for an SE,... still looks pretty cool though

1 week later
#5074 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We must build an Atomic Blaster!

Ah,.. now that looks cool,.. how do I get one ?

#5079 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Don't bother, "It'll never work."

Revealed,... a Martian is in our midst!! Now,.. how can I connect this to my Hadron Collider power source???

2 months later
#5417 5 years ago

anyone done the Mezel mod scoop illumination mod, and/or the Atomic Blaster ?
I have them coming, and they both look bonehead easy to install.
Eat at Eddies not being available already is a pain - hope they get more on the site soon

#5424 5 years ago

Before I report a software bug to CGC and look like a possible idiot,.. just want to see if anyone else gets this particular glitch.
I have my game set to Extra Ball on achieving fixed points, and 3 Balls per game. If on ball 3 I hit a shot that takes the score over the 4th total,... but the ball drains straight away (usually a quick SDTM return), the "Extra Ball" call is made, (I think it also displays it as well,.. never looking up that often), the shoot again lights up above the trough,.. but the game fails to actually go to the "Shoot Again" call,.. and does NOT award an extra ball. The shoot again light just goes out, and it just moves on to the next player.

Is this something others get?,.. and/or has already been reported?,.. or is it one of those things inherited from the original. Bloody annoying, ... coz just as I think I have saved the game from ending, it seems to be slipping me the bird and saying "SUCKA!!!".

Still love this game tho.

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Isn't there a setting for maximum extra balls (per game)? Maybe that's causing the issue you are seeing.

Interesting theory,.. I feel an isolation test coming on next weekend ,.. mind you, I still think that when someone’s says “Extra ball!!”... they owe me that ball.

#5437 5 years ago
I would suggest seeing one on a machine. I saw a couple (TPF I think) as was considering for my AFMR,.. but I actually found them a distracting let down (I really really wanted to like them),.. it will be personal preference I suspect.

2 weeks later
#5585 5 years ago

#305 reporting in from Brisbane in glorious Queensland , and just about to get an Atomic Blaster mod,.. even though they say “it will never work”..

39F28091-2A37-471D-99A4-1220883AD94D (resized).jpeg39F28091-2A37-471D-99A4-1220883AD94D (resized).jpeg
#5590 5 years ago
hmmm,.. so,.. how many pics of LE serial nbr badges, with location, can we get posted on this thread,... ready,.. set go,...

2 weeks later
#5673 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Mostly...the mothership hole will still be open while the force field starts to come up so you have to kind of rattle a ball up there so that it doesn't also go into the hole. Once a ball comes to rest behind the forcefield you have to shoot a ball into the forcefield and get the force to knock the ball behind it into the opened mothership hole, once my ball landed in there with the forcefield up I got dirty pool.

So,.. Dirty Pool is a genuine play?? I have had this twice, and thought it was a code bug where the ball got lost, and the force field wasn't dropped as the code didn't know it was trapped. So I did the cannon thing against the force field to get the ball in the mothership hole, as was too lazy to take the glass off

1 week later
#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Eat at Eddy’s back in stock (for now

Ordered mine immediately,.. given how quickly the first run went,.. looks like a great mod to have

#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

That's for originals not remakes just a heads up .
Not sure there is a difference but they have them listed separately

Sooooo,.. I just checked my order... in a bit of a panic,.. AFMR x1.
Phew!! I got it right..

2 weeks later
#5806 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The white glove treatment for my precious
[quoted image]

305 says Hi.. (just had the Eat at Eddy’s mod treatment)

1 week later
#5871 5 years ago

Anyone got any instructions on installing the animated power panels for the sides of the backbox,.. particularly if installing in Australia,.. I bought some at TPF and really need to get my act together and install them

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

When you install the eat at Eddie's mod is there a particular light socket to connect to or just any one will do.???
The instructions are pretty vague ???

The instructions on the Mezelmods site provide a choice of 2 connections... I just went with exactly the one they have in the photos. Aside from the fiddly bit of getting the wire to come through playfield side, the mod is a breeze to install.

3 weeks later
#5937 5 years ago

I have had an interesting thing happen. After hitting the 3 bank target and starting an attack waive, the centre target does not pop up (in the manual I think this is the one bank drop target?)... I checked for anything blocking it coming up, but can't see anything obvious. So far as running a test goes, I tries T.18 but that said the test passed,.. although I'm not totally sure that is the correct test.

Any suggestions,.. is this one of those ones where some spring may have flicked loose, or broken ?

Fortunately the game still plays and scores without the target popping up.

#5939 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its a drop target. probably the return spring is broken off or its jammed somehow. Just bend another loop off the existing spring if the end has broken off.

Spring is all good,.. I worked the mechanism, and it goes up, locks, springs down, in fact moves smoothly when moved (nothing catches that shouldn't)..no broken connections or wires hanging free,.. very odd .. so I think time for a ticket with CGC,.. see how this one goes

#5941 5 years ago

Does the side switch actuate and make the click sound?
Does the switch show as working in test?

Yes and yes (T.18) ,.. its almost like the coil isn’t firing,.. to raise the target,.. but i will re re chk this arvo to make sure

#5950 5 years ago

Trace the wires from the coil see if there is a problem.
Also test if there is voltage at the coil.
Is anything else down? Check fuses.

Trace the wires from the coil see if there is a problem.
Also test if there is voltage at the coil.
Is anything else down? Check fuses.

Soooooo,.. raised the ticket with CGC, and fast response as usual. It just turns out a wire to the switch has snapped,.. I must have my shaker and volume set to earthquake levels My original very careful checking first time around obviously suffered from 54 year old poor eyesight. Pushed the wire back in and the switch now responds. Hopefully they'll send me a replacement for the cable assembly.

1 month later
#6077 5 years ago

A shout out to my AFMr LE distributor here in Aus.. Mr Pinball ... drop target stopped popping up, .. and turns out a wire was broken, and soldering fix was beyond my meagre skills,.. (a tricky one),.. I think CGC were a bit surprised that not everyone is a gun at soldering.

Wayne and crew at Mr Pinball managed to get it all sorted out, .. no fuss. I am now,.. returning too battle.

Btw, happily the way this game is designed, if the drop target doesn't work and stays down,.. the game is still very playable.

3 weeks later
#6174 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

had two issues recently:
Anyone have a problem with the drop target not coming back up? If I reset it manually it comes up for a bit then after a while it doesn't come back up again? anyone seen this?

I had this issue, but rather more permanently,.. turned out one of the wires for the switch fractured clean off (eventually).. so I would chk both the wires are firm as well,.. my distributor sorted it all out as I am crap at soldering

1 week later
#6217 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Just became a member. AFMLE #343 - black trim all the way!
Thanks Sara and PPS!
Already had the Mezel Eat at Eddy’s mod, Cliffy’s on the way.... what else do I need to know?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#305 says welcome aboard, now just play it play it play it ,.. I put Eat at Eddys and an Atomic Blaster on,.. great mods

2 months later
#6513 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Anyone fitted one and do you like it.

I have, and you bet,.. it is an easy mod with one minor fiddly bit,.. but it looks great on the playfield, and fits in as if it should always have been there. The Eat at Eddies sign on the top has fallen off twice, so I have gone for a stronger method of keeping it in place. I also went with a green VUK scoop mod, and the Atomic Blaster,.. easy and looks great.

2 weeks later
#6544 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Well no shit. Lol. Thanks man, I swear I. never even knew that!

+1 that sentiment,.. all this time earning one and never knowing how/where/what to do with it. Doh!!

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

There's always one bomb that you can use against the saucers in video mode, you don't have to earn it. The Martian Bomb that you can earn is to credit a hit against the martians when they are bouncing if you hit the launch button.

Wait !?!? What !?!? (Nearly spills his beer),... this is even better news ,... excuse please,.. I think I need to go play a game or two

<sound in distance “what?. you again…!!”>

3 weeks later
#6631 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
I'm new to this thread and pretty new in general.
I just very recently acquired my FIRST pin - JJP POTC CE.
I'm considering an LE AFMr to pair with it.
(Two drastically different games ... and that's what I'm shooting for (see what I did there ))
Are you guys still loving it after X months of owning/playing and what do you think about the pairing?
Thanks!

Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
I'm new to this thread and pretty new in general.
I just very recently acquired my FIRST pin - JJP POTC CE.
I'm considering an LE AFMr to pair with it.
(Two drastically different games ... and that's what I'm shooting for (see what I did there ))
Are you guys still loving it after X months of owning/playing and what do you think about the pairing?
Thanks!

You can't go wrong with an AFMr LE... with the shaker and the topper in action, and the callouts, it's very interactive,.. and a blast to play and play and play. Even when I think I am familiar with the rules,.. something I never knew pops up ... mines a keeper for sure!! Yet to get tired of it,.. and gets played most nights.

9 months later
#8233 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

No doubt a biased thread here, but I’m hoping for some relatively objective commentary on why AFMLE is definitively the better game over MBRLE, especially in relation to my collection.
I purchased the MB NIB and loved it (very nostalgic pin for me), but since picking up a JP have barely played it. And only will when mates come around. The gameplay just isn’t catching my attention as much as JP. That said, last night I had a ball on it. It seems a very all or nothing kinda pin. Lining everything up can be extremely lucrative and fun, but typically (maybe it’s my skill set) it’s a bit of a let down.
I’ve got a fairly small collection:
1x Classic Stern - Quicksilver
1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP
For variety’s sake I like different eras so I want a DMD, but I want a game that has that “one more game feeling” something that doesn’t get old (yeah I know that’s not completely possible). I could play either of QS, WW, FH & JP all day. MB I’d struggle.
So last weekend I picked up a AFMLE thinking it may fill the DMD era void. It fills the fast paced genre that I typically go for, but fear it’s honeymoon period may also be limited.
I’ve given myself a month to decide as financially having 2 LE remakes isn’t viable.
Which will stay and why?? Please be objective where possible

I'm late to your post, but here's another Aussies perspective..
my Collection is almost about the same size, and spread of era's as yours,.. PinBot, BOP, AFMr LE, BM66, TAG,... all have their attractions (and detractors),.. I played AFMr at Pincadia over several months,. and walked out feeling I just had to have it,.. so it was a buy ,... played MB there several times as well,.. and,.. no love ,.. looks great,.. but I moved on to play a JP, and the BK,.. which was fantastic,... AFMR just assaults and harrasses you with clever ideas and callouts, and that "just one more go" layout coz you know you can do better than the last game. The LE Topper is effectively a 2nd shaker motor when everything gets going. Bottom line,.. when the missus and I discussed going back to live in NZ,.. she said the AFMr and BM66 had to come with us,.. everything else she could live without (I can't tho),.. may be the answer is..which one springs to mind first when you think about which one you'd miss if it wasn't there,.. likely that first thought is your answer... go AFM !!

11 months later
#9203 3 years ago

Well here's a story that may just be unique to me,..Playing a monster game,.. having started an attack waive,.. every time I shoot the ball and hit the back target,.. I get a Tilt warning,.. every single ball,.. game off/on,.. run tests,.. not a problem shows up,.. yet Tilt on every attack waive shot. Just about to post a "help".. but thought,.. maybe check the tilt bob.

Sure enough,.. there's a simple stoopid reason ,.. in a fit of tidying up I had decided to put my manual inside the pin on top of the coin box. And there's the manual leaning over pressing the bob to within a whisker of the contact edge,... so each shot shock the machine just enough,.. doh!! simple fix.. and back to slamming some good games

oh boy do I luv this game

Btw,.. NZ,.. I'm on my way over soon for 5 months,.. gonna need to out find where the pinball is at

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrWol64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=mrWol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.