pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8191 4 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. I typically would go for the classic/pro model of a game, but was fortunate enough to find a SE for a reasonable price close by so I jumped on it. I knew I’d like the game, but the extras on the SE are blowing me away. Very pleasantly surprised and as with all the remakes, the game feels so solid. Extremely happy with the purchase.

2FF45430-7F67-48DB-9C93-5223A5D1E84A (resized).jpeg2FF45430-7F67-48DB-9C93-5223A5D1E84A (resized).jpeg
#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I've had my AFM SE for 6 months and there is hardly any dimpling at all. Did I get lucky? I'm just curious if this is the norm. My new Sterns are just the opposite.

I have a 1 year old SE and it has a normal amount of dimples. Nothing that stands out or bothers me.

#8223 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

No doubt a biased thread here, but I’m hoping for some relatively objective commentary on why AFMLE is definitively the better game over MBRLE, especially in relation to my collection.
I purchased the MB NIB and loved it (very nostalgic pin for me), but since picking up a JP have barely played it. And only will when mates come around. The gameplay just isn’t catching my attention as much as JP. That said, last night I had a ball on it. It seems a very all or nothing kinda pin. Lining everything up can be extremely lucrative and fun, but typically (maybe it’s my skill set) it’s a bit of a let down.
I’ve got a fairly small collection:
1x Classic Stern - Quicksilver
1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP
For variety’s sake I like different eras so I want a DMD, but I want a game that has that “one more game feeling” something that doesn’t get old (yeah I know that’s not completely possible). I could play either of QS, WW, FH & JP all day. MB I’d struggle.
So last weekend I picked up a AFMLE thinking it may fill the DMD era void. It fills the fast paced genre that I typically go for, but fear it’s honeymoon period may also be limited.
I’ve given myself a month to decide as financially having 2 LE remakes isn’t viable.
Which will stay and why?? Please be objective where possible

I bought a MB CE NiB last year and it didn’t click at all, with anyone in the house. It’s gone.

I bought an AFMr SE a few weeks ago and it is clicking with everyone so far.

Take it for what it’s worth.

1 month later
#8347 4 years ago

Lately every time I play Attack From Mars I feel like I’m playing Attack from Corona Virus. Especially when I get to Italy, “get out of here you stinking Martians”.

Just feels right for the situation.

2 months later
#8546 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Flipper alignment question. I stuck a toothpick in the holes and aligned the flippers so the bottom of the rubber is just touching the toothpick when straight up. Is this correct or is it done without the rubber on the flipper?[quoted image]

I do it the same way you did it, but I always check to make sure the top of my flipper is in a straight line with the guide that feeds the flipper. I will typically use a straight edge of some sort to check it.

1 month later
#8634 3 years ago

I bought an MBr CE and sold it after about 6 months. I have an AFMr SE and have no plans to let it go. My pick is AFMr over MBr.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 210.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.