Topic Stats

• 7,570 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,299 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JP (resized).jpg
IMG_2871 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
15D7D503-2098-4ED4-862D-A6CD02C3B2C2.jpeg
E88C5746-21AA-4E80-8AA5-2C112166F607.jpeg
48200C27-701D-460A-95BC-2FE2201164C1.jpeg
4A8371BF-5D4A-41EE-BE9E-ED489ABDF9E8.jpeg
IMG_2847 (resized).JPG
IMG_2846 (resized).JPG
IMG_2848 (resized).JPG
britemod.gif
IMG_2845 (resized).JPG
E3B824AE-3E46-41CB-B47A-248B089F54E8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7980.jpg
IMG_7979.jpg
IMG_7978.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (2 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (2 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #494 LCD screen info Posted by spazzman90 (2 years ago)

Post #639 workaround - to drooping shield targets Posted by markp99 (2 years ago)

Post #1966 Info on Easter eggs Posted by bigd1979 (1 year ago)

Post #2062 cliffy saucer install. Posted by PDFVT (1 year ago)

Post #2201 Urgent attention to flipper strength rates message from CGC Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #2952 speaker lights for AFMR classic Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #3001 SOL PIC Posted by Damien (1 year ago)

Post #3167 Picture of crazed plastics defect on AfMr Posted by Onwallst (1 year ago)

Post #3174 list of issues Posted by Onwallst (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjthompson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5641 1 year ago

I'm the second owner of an AFMrSE. The machine has the problem with the shooter lane. I assume the guide isn't covered by the warranty? If not, is there somewhere I can purchase the corrected guide?

#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I'm the second owner of an AFMrSE. The machine has the problem with the shooter lane. I assume the guide isn't covered by the warranty? If not, is there somewhere I can purchase the corrected guide?

Quoted from pintechev:

Contact CGC. They should help you since it’s a manufacturers defect.

I contacted CGC. As you expected, they did take care of me. Great service!

2 months later
#5935 11 months ago

I'm looking to upgrade my SE to an LE. Anybody in MN/WI/IA looking to downgrade from an LE with green trim to an SE with a shaker + cash?

3 months later
#6390 8 months ago

I recently put Cliffy's on my new AFMrLE, including the exit for the left VUK. I started having issues with the left VUK misfiring when trying to kick a ball up to the left wireform. The ball seems to be hitting the edge of the VUK scoop. I think I may have reinstalled the VUK incorrectly. Can someone tell me if the tab the green arrow is pointing to should be on top (the other side) of the transition from the mothership?

AFM Left VUK with arrow (resized).jpg
#6392 8 months ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I recently put Cliffy's on my new AFMrLE, including the exit for the left VUK. I started having issues with the left VUK misfiring when trying to kick a ball up to the left wireform. The ball seems to be hitting the edge of the VUK scoop. I think I may have reinstalled the VUK incorrectly. Can someone tell me if the tab the green arrow is pointing to should be on top (the other side) of the transition from the mothership?[quoted image]

Yours looks right. Balls roll down hill. If the tab were on top, the balls would hit it rather than onto it.
LTG : )

Thanks for the input Lloyd. I thought the same thing, that's exactly why I reassembled it the way I did...

When the VUK tries to kick the ball up to the wireform the ball seems to hit on the edge of the open side of the scoop so it doesn't even reach the "elbow" in the scoop. It seems like the VUK is firing the ball at an angle so I thought that might be caused by the misplacement of the that tab. I've tried adjusting the coil strength, making it stronger actually seems to make the problem worse. I'm sure it's an adjustment issue but I'd rather not start bending things, it doesn't seem like that should be necessary.

#6395 8 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Could it be hitting the Cliffy? I just installed my Cliffy set 4 days ago. Do you need pics?

I don't think it's hitting the Cliffy. I think it's hitting the scoop, I stick a finger down the mothership hole and deflect the ball up through the scoop and it works fine.

Quoted from hollywood:

Actually, where is the Cliffy on that VUK anyway??

The Cliffy is on the playfield edge where the ball enters the VUK when the ball lock diverter is open.

#6400 8 months ago

Thanks for the pictures hollywood. That where my Cliffy is as well.

I'm heading out of town this morning so I'll have to mess with the VUK when I get back Sunday.

#6404 8 months ago
Quoted from crank:

You’re old original AFM is working perfectly Marty.

That's cool... I assume Nolan's scores still make up most of the high score list... Oh wait, I sure the batteries were changed with the power off.

1 week later
#6435 7 months ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I recently put Cliffy's on my new AFMrLE, including the exit for the left VUK. I started having issues with the left VUK misfiring when trying to kick a ball up to the left wireform. The ball seems to be hitting the edge of the VUK scoop. I think I may have reinstalled the VUK incorrectly. Can someone tell me if the tab the green arrow is pointing to should be on top (the other side) of the transition from the mothership?[quoted image]

Quoted from mjthompson:

Thanks for the pictures hollywood. That where my Cliffy is as well.
I'm heading out of town this morning so I'll have to mess with the VUK when I get back Sunday.

For future reference... I think I figured the left VUK problem out. The ball seat on the coil assembly wasn't square and I think it was causing the ball to rattle around inside the scoop. You can see that the seat is tilted toward the backside of the coil assembly (opposite the entry point of the assembly). I squared the seat up using a pair of pliers (ie. made the gaps at the arrows the same) and I haven't had any misfires since... Time will tell!

AFM Left VUK coil adjustment (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6514 7 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Joined the club today, love it. Do have a question for some help, the left upkicker sometimes takes multiple attempts to make it up. My pitch is 7.0 and perfectly level, the settings are default with flippers -3 and jets max. Is there a setting for the large left vuk?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was having the same problem with the left VUK, I fixed it by bending the seat on the coil bracket...

Quoted from mjthompson:

For future reference... I think I figured the left VUK problem out. The ball seat on the coil assembly wasn't square and I think it was causing the ball to rattle around inside the scoop. You can see that the seat is tilted toward the backside of the coil assembly (opposite the entry point of the assembly). I squared the seat up using a pair of pliers (ie. made the gaps at the arrows the same) and I haven't had any misfires since... Time will tell![quoted image]

6 months later
#7334 33 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I have bent my VUK like in the video till I can't bend it no more and still not always popping out. Some times even takes 3 to 4 pops . Also power set to max.
Anything else to try. I have put a ticket in and they told me to bend it more. It has no where to go!

I had a similar situation and fixed it like...

Quoted from mjthompson:

For future reference... I think I figured the left VUK problem out. The ball seat on the coil assembly wasn't square and I think it was causing the ball to rattle around inside the scoop. You can see that the seat is tilted toward the backside of the coil assembly (opposite the entry point of the assembly). I squared the seat up using a pair of pliers (ie. made the gaps at the arrows the same) and I haven't had any misfires since... Time will tell![quoted image]

ffee0e8cbb52f3bb196630c8a266a67b73e1bb6e (resized).jpg
#7337 33 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does the assebly needs to be removed to do this?
Is the video from chicago gaming bending ot straightening the bracket. Because mine looks a bit crooked after their procedure..
Thanks

I removed the assembly to square the seat on mine, I think it would be difficult to do without taking it out. Before this fix it would misfire many times before eventually kicking out. I rarely have misfires after doing this.

I don't think the CGC fix helped mine because the ball would still rattle around in the VUK instead of kicking up/out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjthompson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside