pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

While I'm waiting for my LE ( Green trim of course! ) I got great unexpected news last week, My MMR was picked up from CGC! They ran some and I was one of the lucky ones, with the holiday and my schedule I cant take delivery until July 7th. My Color DMD, under cabinet lighting, Speaker Upgrade, Topper and BriteButtons are ready to go! I'm hearing late summer before I get my Le, I hope its sooner. Now I'm really excited about what the ReMake for 2018 will be, Crossing fingers for MB or CC

2 months later
#761 6 years ago

LE 224 has shown up and we love it!!! Only issue is 50% of the time when the ball kicks out of the right drop ( stroke of luck ) it drains down the center. Is there a coil setting to change the strength or do I need to adjust this from underneath?? Thanks guys! I can't wait to purchase whatever remake is next.

15060429777481318792901 (resized).jpg15060429777481318792901 (resized).jpg

#764 6 years ago

Oh No! I just noticed that my topper only half works, the Aliens wyd don't light up and he does not move. The saucers work and the lighting up top. I went into the Menus and ran the test, hold down launch button and nothing. Any ideas Brand new and he is broken. I checked the wiring and it looks ok.

#766 6 years ago

Thanks it's working!!!!! The cable on the top left was loose, i think it could back itself out so I m8ght put a little electrical tape to keep it in place!

#774 6 years ago

Speaking of the lockdown bar I can't get my arm to lock it In Like it should, i gave up. I still can't get my SOL adjusted right, on the kickouts 50% of the time it goes right down the middle.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two brass screws on top of lockdown bar receiver, you can turn them up or down to tighten or loosen the bar that slides back and forth and locks the lockdown bar.

Loosen the whole assembly and see if you can turn it a tiny bit.
LTG : )

Thanks! I'm on it!!!

Will you be at Expo? I'll buy you a drink if you are!

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Adjusting the SOL scoop mech isnt too hard:
Turn the power all the way to the max. It should hit high up on the left flipper.
See if it changes throughout the day as power from the wall affects this greatly.
You can also elongate the mounting holes slightly in the mech sideways by side cutting with a drill bit.
This will allow you to turn and adjust the mech as needed.
It only needs a tiny adjustment in most cases, 1/16" is a lot.
Sometimes you can just loosen the mounting screws, twist it firmly and re-tighten the screws while holding pressure on it.

Which power setting? What coil is it under to adjust?

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper.

Thanks! This seems to be working, if it acts up I'll adjust it from underneath like you suggested earlier

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper.

Okay so it was still STDM randomly so I tried to make a adjustment from underneath. After loosening the screws it just appears that when it was screwed in it is just aligned poorly. The right fix would be to unscrew it and repositionand screw back in but that's not a option. So now I'm at -1 coil strength and it limps over to the Right Flipper, I guess better then draining.

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try loosening the screws. And between the bracket and underside of the playfield. Stick a washer on the left side. So the whole assembly leans to the left a little. See if that helps aim it.

That was my next thought Man last game I just played I was at 4.6 billion on ball 3 with a extra ball in the bank. 2 center drains ended up 4.8 billion doh!!! Lol, I'll get the right size washers tommorrow. I'm sure that will give it plenty of angle.

#810 6 years ago

how does it do at full srength?
Is the mech hitting the wood of the playfield twisted all the way to the left?
How does it play plugged into a different outlet?
On my game it will sdtm if I have low power on my street.

It's all in the angle and spacing, even after loosening and trying to get it moved it won't twist enough. I'm going to try washers on one side. It was at Max strength from the factory, -3 ( balls don't eject) -2 the balls usually go to the right flipper, -1 almost random, Max usually down the center.

#815 6 years ago

Agreed, I tried to play Ghostbusters last night and It was agonizing. 2 games then right back to AFMR

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper.

Ok so this is how off to the right it is, needs to move to the left but only possible way is to redrill the holes. I've tried to shim it and adjust the coil strength but it may work for 1 ball in play then randomly drain. When it's a multiball or the Martians are vibrating it seems that it lacks the power to get it to the flipper. I've had 2 balls on a multiball STDM constantly when this occurs. Not sure what fix to try next, should I put a ticket in? You can see the gap on the left and the angle is pretty much aimed STDM.

20170926_204416 (resized).jpg20170926_204416 (resized).jpg

#848 6 years ago

Remove the mech, sidecut the mounting holes with a drill bit that matches the hole size or slightly smaller, twist to the left upon re-installation.
Also it could be a slightly crooked weldment (it happens). Contact CGC for a replacement.
While waiting for the new part do as above.

Ill need to get my buddy over to SOLDER it back up, I also tried with a few more washers but it got really our of alignment. I got my drill bits ready. Ill report back this weekend when I get to it. Thanks guys.

#851 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I would open a ticket; more than likely the scoop itself was positioned poorly when the part was welded and to fix it right it should be replaced.

Ya I think you are right! I wont physically mess with it yet. Ill open a ticket and report back.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Have you got one of these in your toolkit?

That's what I used to enlarge the the holes in my GoT mounting bracket to fix the left orbit issue. Permits a nicely incremental enlargement of the mtg holes. No guessing. On GoT, the bracket metal was soft like butter, an easy task.
Caution - if you don't actually take the assy out of the cabinet, lay down some towels (or whatever) to catch the metal filings.
Good luck!

I just submitted a ticket. Ill see what they they. Id take out since its only a couple of screws.

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And two connectors.
Your ticket came to me, I kicked it up to engineers/CGC where any parts will come from.

Thanks, I think it did make sense to submit it just to be safe. Thanks for all your help!!

#856 6 years ago

The SOL scoop is pretty easy to remove. CGC did an awsome job of modularising the game.
Im afraid replacing the assembly wont fix it. Unless you get them to dremmel out the upper holes for you.
The screws that would affect the angle of the scoop were applied via pre-dimpled locations.
The assemblers just applied them with a screw gun as needed.
With the screws in place now there is only one option. Widen the 2 upper holes in the mech about 1/16" to the right and twist it to the left when re-installing it. Use a dremmel (faster) or sidecut with a drill bit (slower). The lower machine screw holes have enough play that they probably dont need adjusting.
No solder needed, 2 machine screws, 2 wood screws, 2 connectors.
The scoop removes in 3 mins. 2 mins to reinstall.
Take the balls out first to be safe.

Yep I just got off the phone with CGC.he said if I mess anything up they will send me another one. It should take 10 minutes tops. Gonna do it Friday night and report back. Great customer service and support! I can't wait to buy all the remakes! I am buying T.N.A thou, spooky did a great job with Scott getting that to market.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Is anybody else having issues with the ball not always kicking out of the ball lock VUK? about half the time it will take 2 -3 attempts for the ball to come out. and about once a game it gives up and the game goes into ball search mode to kick it out? just wondering if i should take it apart from the top or the bottom... both seem like a lot of work.

My Ghostbusters starting doing that, i had to teplace the VUK. Luckily it was only to screws from underneath the playfield.

#864 6 years ago

It got warped and I tried to Bend it back, It worked for a couple days then same issues. Just ordered a couple of switches from Pinball Life and BOOM! Problem gone.

5 months later
#4377 6 years ago

I own a Mmr and AFMR Le and have zero issues with my playfields/chipping/planking, maybe I'm lucky. I have had a few switch issues and Lloyd and CGC helped me thru them promptly. I can't wait to buy more remakes, is also add Stern had been pretty standup with me as well.

1 week later
#4593 6 years ago

So it looks like The Big Lebowski might be out before game number 3?!?....

2 weeks later
#4768 6 years ago

Guys my diverter shoots it STDM almost 50% of the time, it does this on all strength settings. Before I put the new chip in the strength settings seemed to actually do something. I tried to manually adjust the diverter but even after removing some of the screws a can't get enough movement on it without the screws being able to still screw back in. Maybe washers on one side between the Playfield and plate??

#4770 6 years ago

Ok so I needed to change the Popper strength to -2 to get it to not shoot STDM when exiting the SOL and it only woll go to the right flipper. I need to get it to shoot to the left flipper, maybe washer underneath?

#4772 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Do you mean the SOL scoop? There is a diverter, but it’s on the multiball lock shot and it shouldn’t do what you’re describing.

I meant SOL .

Ok so I needed to change the Popper strength to -2 to get it to not shoot STDM when exiting the SOL and it only woll go to the right flipper. I need to get it to shoot to the left flipper, maybe washer underneath?

#4774 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Try increasing the strength and see if you can get it to the left flipper.

Max either hits the tip of the left Flipper or STDM 50%. Underneath hits held by 5 screws, I can't pivot it at all because just the slightest movement cause 4 of the screws to be off to far to go in. Maybe washers underneath some of them on 1 side? So as of now the ball dribbles out to the left Flipper on -2. I'd rather play like that then the 50% drain. I need to figure it out thou. 1 problem it look like it's shifted to the right from up top. If it was centered or to the left it probably would be fine.

#4775 6 years ago

Gap on the left, tight on the right.

1522015246378150299310 (resized).jpg1522015246378150299310 (resized).jpg

1522015276879949964826 (resized).jpg1522015276879949964826 (resized).jpg

#4777 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That does look skewed to the right.

Ya it is, underneath I can take 4 screws out and pivot it so it will shoot out more to the left but I can't get the screws back in without drilling into the Playfield ( no way I trust myself to do that) maybe washers on right side? I think I'm done messing with it today thou.

#4778 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ya it is, underneath I can take 4 screws out and pivot it so it will shoot out more to the left but I can't get the screws back in without drilling into the Playfield ( no way I trust myself to do that) maybe washers on right side? I think I'm done messing with it today thou.

Or take it out completely and drill out the holes on the bracket maybe to create some wiggle room?

3 weeks later
#4940 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I made this exact same mistake by buying a SW Pro last fall because it was cheaper. I really liked the game, but every time I played it I kept thinking "this isn't AFM".

LOL I have a Star Wars Premium sitting next to my AFMR LE and we play Star Wars a ton more... Star Wars I always feel like I'm 1 more shot away from doing something great, AFMR is more of a grind at times.

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Since I also love my SW Premium, I’m curious what else is on your list of favorite games.

Well I own Ghostbusters Premium, Star Wars Premium, AFMR Le, MMR, Jurassic Park and I have a Maiden Prem on order. My other favorites are Batman 66, GnR, White Water and Fish Tales.

1 week later
#4997 5 years ago

Guys what flipper strength are you playing on? I can't seem to find a setting that makes it seem to shoot well. I'm updated and it seems like the shots are just off, I'm still having that stdm when ejecting from the sol ( need to send a support ticket again ) on any strength setting.

#4999 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen screws and turn the bracket a little. Or loosen the screws and put a washer between the bracket and playfield on the left side.

You have the 2.0 PIC on the driver board ?

I tried loosening the screws but I can't get enough play, I need to still try the washer trick, I submitted a ticket and ultimately a fix was to widen out the holes so I could get more movement. Washers sound a lot easier. I do have 2.0 installed, it seems like my flippers are just off since I installed it.

#5014 5 years ago

After a lot of testing and adjusting my flippers are on default setting.
I had to side drill out the holes on the scoop 3/32" each to get it in the correct position to fire consistently on to the left flipper.
I had to twist it firmly so that it's tight against the sides while tightening the screws.
The whole adjustment took 10 mins.
It's well worth it.
My pitch is at 6.6 degrees.
The game plays perfectly.
Making the shots takes practice.
It's a feeling of shooting a little late compared to other games due to the slight downward angle of the flippers.
I wouldn't adjust the flippers up as it will be harder to hit the side Martian targets.

THANKS for the response in such detail. My MMR played perfectly out of the box and I guess that's pinball if your not tweaking something. Ill try the washer trick first since its the least invasive.

#5016 5 years ago

Which setting decreases the power of the kickout from the Saucer, it seems like it flies halfway to the flippers lol.

#5018 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-15 in the manual. Step through the CGC menu to the part with Game Features Menu, Left Popper, Right Popper, Martian, strengths. Lower your right popper power.

So the Right popper strength controls the SOL eject and the saucer kickout?

#5026 5 years ago

Pinball machines are "Hand Made".
When they are assembled on the line, tiny variations occur in spite of the use of jigs and alignment tools.
Kickout scoops are one of these items that are impossible to get exactly right off the line.
Only through numerous plays does one find out what needs adjustment once the game is settling in on a location.
Since the scoops are set squarely with screws and a drill gun on the line, the installer has only a limited view of how it functions "In-Play".
I havent "Not" had to adjust one in any game I have come across.
Drop target assemblies and stand-up targets can also be adjusted if they are not exactly straight and deflect the ball in an undesired angle.
I see this alot in location games. There will be a stand-up or another target that continually bounces to a "cheap drain" instead of going to the tip of a flipper.
Side drilling the holes on the mounting brackets is the acceptable way of correcting misaligned screws.
There is no easy way to move the screws once they are installed, there is just no room.

Well holes are side drilled but to the point of close to no metal left and its still not centered. Its not draining constantly, problem is it was drilled over to the far right side leaving a huge gap on the left, ball is horribly angled. I side drilled the holes but it really needs to be moved and drilled properly into the playfield which will not work at this point. I may still try a washer if I need to but its currently playable.

AFMR fix (resized).jpgAFMR fix (resized).jpg

#5027 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper is the SOL. By saucer kickout do you mean when you go in the hole behind the drop target and the ball kicks out the chute to the left onto the wireform ? Is so, that would be the Left Popper.

Thanks Loyld!!!!!!!!

#5029 5 years ago

Mine barely hits the flipper let alone a sling, feels like its underpowered coming out of mine .

#5033 5 years ago

Max out the pop coil setting?

Ya, Max just gets it to the left flipper.-1 stdm,-2 stdm or tip of right flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=marcdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.