pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lethal_inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6856 4 years ago

I was thinking about selling a game to get AFMr CE. Seems like a pretty good value considering Stern pros are almost the same amount. Just wondering how the game is playing and holding up to all you CE owners. This remake is basically the same as the original right? I would definitely have to spend the extra to get the color display tho. Any persistent problems or tweaks that need to be done? I’ve played the LE on location but have no experience with the CE so any help is appreciated.

6 months later
#7852 4 years ago

There are hardly any personnel/stock pictures of the CE in this thread, does someone have a link to better pictures of the CE?

#7854 4 years ago

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?

DE8E7611-87B1-483A-9C98-E7D11C56422E (resized).jpegDE8E7611-87B1-483A-9C98-E7D11C56422E (resized).jpeg
#7862 4 years ago

I’m in the club! Purchased it today and just waiting for shipment. Got the color upgrade chip too. This game is gonna be a blast to play. I’m exited as all heck. The location games I’ve played all played like shit so being at home is gonna be epic! Time to rule the universe I hope.

#7871 4 years ago

Was wanting to protect the SOL kickout hole with some mylar instead of the cliffy. Would it suffice? Installing that cliffy looks to be a PITA.

#7882 4 years ago

So here’s the full cliffy set but if you look on his website he also has a set of 3 ramp protectors. Why aren’t those part of the set? Why is there only 3 instead of 4? 2 for each side of each ramp? Has anybody installed the ramp protectors? Are they needed?

13C72BD8-F307-4681-84F3-25B44A2600A4 (resized).jpeg13C72BD8-F307-4681-84F3-25B44A2600A4 (resized).jpeg997D261B-FEE7-4375-80E1-DF894BED4C70 (resized).jpeg997D261B-FEE7-4375-80E1-DF894BED4C70 (resized).jpeg31BA969A-7CCB-4D67-BFDB-17857C6F68C2 (resized).jpeg31BA969A-7CCB-4D67-BFDB-17857C6F68C2 (resized).jpeg
#7885 4 years ago

I don’t have my game yet but hopefully next week. I didn’t know that the ramp protectors come stock from CGC. Thanks LTG.

#7886 4 years ago

How are the balls these games come with from CGC? Good enough or plan on replacing?

#7889 4 years ago

This must be the mantis protector in the SOL hole right? Have most of you removed this and put the cliffy on instead?

#7896 4 years ago

For those that went with the glow in the dark Titan rings, do you have a list of what size and quantity you ordered please. Also, did you keep the stock GI lamps or did you change those too? Thanks.

#7898 4 years ago

Thanks LTG. Do you know if the CE comes with apron card art/rules instead of the pricing cards?

#7907 4 years ago

My game should be delivered this afternoon. Can’t wait to set this bad boy up and play! Shout out to Melissa and Cointaker, awesome service.

#7912 4 years ago

Received the game but I must have gotten a earlier build, November 24th 2017, and it does not have the V2.0 chip. Also game did not come with a coin box, balls, power cord, and goodie bag. All I received once opened and set up we’re the legs, a operations manual, and a warranty card. Could someone please tell me what’s suppose to be included with the game? At this point I have to borrow a cord and balls from another game to get this game going. What am I not suppose to do when I have the V1.0 chip?

#7917 4 years ago

Used another power cord and installed 4 balls, started game up and started a game. No coils are firing? Checked all fuses in backbox with a meter and checked ok. Go into test mode and check all solenoids, they fire fine. Start a game and no ball is kicked out and flippers don’t work. What’s going on here?

#7919 4 years ago

Nope when closing the door it doesn’t close the high power switch. How do I adjust that as the metal plate is stationary? Edit. I just bent it out at that was it.

#7922 4 years ago

My ball launch is still a little questionable making the top loop most of the time but not 100%. I’m going to try several of the tips in this thread to get that working but does CGC send out replacement ball launch ramps with the correct bend or should I just bend it myself? The right screw that secures that ramp to the playfield is stripped too.

#7924 4 years ago

LTG, yes I did open a ticket but I would like to play the game too and not just have it sit around until I get these parts. Since I shouldn't be lowering the flipper power I'm also trying to figure out how the right ramp wireworm needs to be "tweaked" to stop getting balls flying off the end and into the outline when hitting the lock ball shot.

#7928 4 years ago

I put a little piece of dead foam on the right ramp right a little before it transitions to the wire form and that seems to have done the trick.DFAF47CB-AE99-4F66-893A-B03317D363C2 (resized).jpegDFAF47CB-AE99-4F66-893A-B03317D363C2 (resized).jpeg

#7929 4 years ago

Anybody know how to get rid of these bubbles in the translite? It looks like the glass is partially sticking to the artwork and don’t know the best way to get rid of it.
53DC3F38-8130-4D5B-9822-89F8E7A4F141 (resized).jpeg53DC3F38-8130-4D5B-9822-89F8E7A4F141 (resized).jpeg8628500D-E099-43C2-9DFF-A5A249141B3C (resized).jpeg8628500D-E099-43C2-9DFF-A5A249141B3C (resized).jpeg3DF586DF-BB15-42F8-9670-61B19A1703DE (resized).jpeg3DF586DF-BB15-42F8-9670-61B19A1703DE (resized).jpeg

#7933 4 years ago

How about CGC sending me a new one instead?

#7936 4 years ago

Understood. I’ll have to take that apart and correct it I guess. Awesome game!

1 week later
#7961 4 years ago

I received the V2.0 chip and just want to know if it’s plug and play. Pull the old chip out, install the new one, turn the game on and play? I think the only thing I want to adjust right now is the flipper strength, lower it just a bit.

#7982 4 years ago

DE5EFB8A-4A3D-407E-9380-854482B59389 (resized).jpegDE5EFB8A-4A3D-407E-9380-854482B59389 (resized).jpegI installed the V2.0 chip and now the game has no sound and won’t eject ball into play when starting a game. I lined chip up properly and is inserted all the way.
Edit: the game goes in and out on the sound and coils working.

#7984 4 years ago

Put old chip in and it works fine.

#7986 4 years ago

I put a request for a new V2.0 chip in my existing ticket. Every once in a while after destroying a saucer the ball stays there instead of going to the VUK. I have to push the machine from the right side to get it to go to the VUK and continue play. Is there an adjustment in there that will make the ball consistently go to the VUK?

#7988 4 years ago

It doesn’t do it all the time so it must just need an adjustment, more slope or downhill but I guess I need to remove it and check, which I would rather not do.

#8004 4 years ago

I’m confused on how to get dirty pool. I have the saucer opened up and start a multiball, bash it until the next shot destroys it, drop target down, and try to cradle both balls. I shoot one ball up to destroy the saucer and when I try to shoot the second ball up before the bank target raises it just goes in the hole too. Once you destroy the saucer should the drop target raise or do I just have to hit the side targets so it ricochets and doesn’t drop in the hole with the first ball?

#8016 4 years ago

Anybody know where to get an AFM key fob?

#8023 4 years ago

I’m trying to install the mirror blades and just wondering how the back part of the blade should look around the hinge bolt. The hole in blade is bigger than the bolt so I’m not sure how this holds it in place other than the 3 screws or sticky tape that attach the whole blade. Should this hole be centered on the hinge bolt or slightly catching an edge to hold it in place? If it’s centered the blade will be right below the glass surface barely.

C0AC2791-F206-4E87-86FB-00FCEF5D2E9D (resized).jpegC0AC2791-F206-4E87-86FB-00FCEF5D2E9D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8081 4 years ago

I’m still not getting persistent launches from the shooter lane. I bent the metal ramp a little past the angle the bulletin CGC released (so it’s less angle and jump) but I still think the shooter is not hitting the ball straight all the time. When I think it’s dead on center of the ball several launches later it looks off. It’s like when the plunger returns it doesn’t always return in the same position and the next strike will be off center sending the ball flailing to a side. Why is that shooter assembly so touchy and what else can I do?

#8085 4 years ago

No the shooter is not loose. I’ll keep messing with the positioning to hopefully get a consistent center of ball hit. Just wondering if there is something wrong with my shooter assembly not retracting the plunger back to the same position every time?

2 weeks later
#8161 4 years ago

Have a new never installed “Eat At Eddy’s” building mod for sale. Bought it but changed my mind about installing it. $110 shipped in the US, save over $20 from Mezel or Cointaker. Can be used on the remake or the original from my understanding.
E2E8219F-F818-4F25-99D0-3D198E1198DB (resized).jpegE2E8219F-F818-4F25-99D0-3D198E1198DB (resized).jpeg

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: sold

#8166 4 years ago

What’s the difference between 1.0 and 1.1?

#8168 4 years ago

Ha ha! Nice one!

#8172 4 years ago

Who sells the GI lamps for these remakes and what are they called? I think I’d like to see what cool white GI looks like instead of the warm white.

#8176 4 years ago

Well that’s a bummer. I think cool white would look better. Eat at Eddy’s mod is still available if anyone is looking for one.

#8178 4 years ago

Someone needs to make these lamps. I asked CGC in a help desk ticket and I’ll see what they respond back with. I installed the speaker light kit from LER mods and it looks frickin awesome. I like the always green look instead of color changing. Does anybody sell some speaker acrylic designs for AFM? That would be pretty cool to see an outlined martian or ufo in the speaker with the light kit.

#8181 4 years ago

My 3- bank drop target sits slightly higher on the right side and not flush with the playfield when in the down position opposed to the left side. How do you adjust this?

#8214 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What’s a good place to order plastic protectors from?

Pinbits has the clear and fluorescent colored plastic protectors.

#8229 4 years ago

You have to complete super pops first, so many hits on the bumpers, then it will be awarded at the SOL scoop.

1 week later
#8272 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't you ask Joe at Pinball Star for a free one ?
LTG : )

Shouldn’t most dealers have some of these?

#8280 4 years ago

I was talking about the pinball flyer only. I think all the distributors should include a flyer with each game that is bought NIB.

1 month later
#8358 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’ll give the nut adjustment a try. If that fails, on to flipper strength and weather stripping.
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll let you know how it goes.

This little strip of dead foam did the trick for me. Flipper strength at default and it slows the ball down enough so it doesn’t jump out of the wire form.

16905C61-8200-4A9A-8998-A92480EA9F09 (resized).jpeg16905C61-8200-4A9A-8998-A92480EA9F09 (resized).jpeg
#8372 4 years ago

Installing both of those cliffys there and at the saucer looks to be a real pain in the ass, probably why I haven’t done it yet.

#8393 4 years ago

Looks pretty awesome! Looking forward to the kit/s for the CE remake. Any timeline on the availability?

2 weeks later
#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So the SOL hole DOES come from the factory with a protector? Interesting. Thank you.

I don’t think it does, it just comes fully mylared around the SOL but not the actual cliffy protector.

1 month later
#8544 3 years ago

Flipper alignment question. I stuck a toothpick in the holes and aligned the flippers so the bottom of the rubber is just touching the toothpick when straight up. Is this correct or is it done without the rubber on the flipper?

CD2E6D3C-84F4-4C7B-A68A-AAD6194B9CD2 (resized).jpegCD2E6D3C-84F4-4C7B-A68A-AAD6194B9CD2 (resized).jpeg
#8552 3 years ago

That’s the same as taking the rubber off and aligning the bottom of the flipper to the toothpick. I guess it’s preference but what is the correct factory alignment. I got 2 different opinions. LTG, care to set the record straight please.

#8557 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I prefer this alignment as the entire edge of the flipper will be in direct alignment with the inlane ball guide and my game seems to shoot better with this flipper alignment.

I’ll have to agree, I think I found my sweet spots. 1 shot away from ruling the universe since I aligned them this way, Damn! Tweaked the SOL eject just right and the game plays sweet right now.

218568B3-6D8E-476E-A73D-51EACAC45F26 (resized).jpeg218568B3-6D8E-476E-A73D-51EACAC45F26 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8580 3 years ago

I was finally able to play cow mania in video mode where your shooting cows instead of saucers. I have read about this in the Easter eggs for this game and your suppose to hit the right launch button repeatedly when you shoot either the left or the right ramps and you see the cow being beamed up. Funny thing is I have yet to get it this way and the other day when I was playing I guess I got it randomly because i was not hitting the launch button on ramp shots. Is it truly a random event and if so can you increase the odds in the settings somewhere?

#8584 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You only have to push the launch button when you shoot the ramp and get the cow video, you will get a "mooo" sound everytime you hit the button while the cow is active. You need BOTH left and right ramps to register the cows so if you shoot either of these ramps during skill shot to complete the ramp, you cannot qualify the cow video mode.

Yep, makes sense, but the other day I didn’t do any of that and I still played the cow video mode as if it were random. Explain that. Lol.

1 month later
#8663 3 years ago

Who’s carries if anybody the lamps CGC uses in the GI? I’d really like to change from warm white to cool white and last I know no body has these.

#8668 3 years ago

Have a part number by chance? I can’t find them on their website.

1 month later
#8816 3 years ago

I posted this earlier but the falling cows video mode for me was purely random. I did not hit the launch button when hitting the ramps. Is this truly a random event?

1 month later
#9006 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Curious if any of the classic owners would be interested in something like this. I ran the “classic” text as a test cut, but can do any word. Showing the “Bally” as an example of what it looks like on the machine. Obviously I can’t sell that wording as I don’t have the rights, but wanted to see if there was interest out there before going making any more.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been looking for one for a while, can I get one? Edit. I thought you were gonna make a “Bally” one not the actual work classic.

#9024 3 years ago

This game never gets boring. The shots and progression are perfect, yet just hard enough to kick your ass and make you keep coming back. Waaaay better than TMNT unless that’s your gig.

#9031 3 years ago

Yep, no offense to your art work, but wish the alternate translight had the blond girl character to match the original better. Really like the new blade artwork but I have mirror blades already. Good luck!

3 months later
#9231 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm kicking around the idea of getting the classic version of AFMr. Seems like the extra LEDs could be modded into the saucers, and I'm not super concerned about the fancy screen or topper, although it is incredible (owned the LE for a while). How are people liking the base model? Seems pretty close to the original, which I owned years ago.

The CE kicks ass. Never owned the original but IMO the remake it just as good if not better. Had to make a few adjustment as with any game but mine plays great and don’t regret getting it at all. Color DMD chip is a must.

4 weeks later
#9285 3 years ago

Was playing last night and the sound was cutting out fairly often during a game. Checked most of the connections to the boards in the back box, especially the ones connecting the speakers and it still happened when playing another game. What else should I be checking?

#9289 3 years ago

No, I will do that next. Thanks!

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you unplug them and reseat them ?
LTG : )

I reseated most of the connections, was told specifically J6 from CGC support, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

#9312 3 years ago

Congrats! Your gonna love it. I think you have everything covered as far as mods go. I have the mirror blades and it is awesome but I do like the side blade art as well. If you like the fly land designs art, consider the alternate translite, it looks great too.

1 month later
#9362 2 years ago

If you see my post #7928 I put a piece of dead foam on the ramp to slow the ball down. Works for me and doesn’t look that bad.

4 months later
#9588 2 years ago

I have an extra set of green fluorescent protectors but was hoping to change the GI color from warm white to cool white before installing them. No word on any of those GI lamps in CW from PPS.

2 months later
#9725 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the CPR mirrored back glass on their remake? Will it fit and how does it look? I already have the alternate art translight but was thinking the mirrored one might be pretty awesome. I have the classic edition.

1 month later
#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I installed some black lights for my new carpet and this was a surprise, I has no idea. I need to get some black spotlights in there now or led strips.
[quoted image]

Do you think one could mount a black light on the ceiling above the playfield and get these lighting effects? Too cool!

#9763 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There is a spare USB port in the head. I ran a led UV down like in the photo. It lights up the uv paint just subtly. Strobe multiball however is quite an experience. I don’t tell people about it. Strobe multiball knocks their socks off. Cost about $20
[quoted image]

Care to share where you got the LED UV strips please.

2 years later
#10553 13 days ago

Anybody ever get a response from Jim Thornton about the XL displays and speaker kit from CGC? Email sent weeks ago and no response.

1 week later
#10558 2 days ago

Make sure your auto launch is hitting the center of the ball. You can adjust the mech from below, even if you have to make the mounting holes a little larger to move left or right a little more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lethal_inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=lethal_inc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.