IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When I got the game, I found the side drains to be a real joy kill, so I moved the posts into the lowest position. Ended up getting to RTU about 2-3 times, and recently decided that I wanted to put it back to the default position and see how I'd do. Definitely brought my average ball time and score down a lot!
But tonight, for the first time, I got RTU and it felt like I really earned it!

I've had the game for about 3 months and put maybe 100 plays on it and it kicking my %$^ big time. It's so fast there is very little time to react. Ball control is a real challenge too. How much of a pitch should I be looking for? Maybe reducing the flipper coil strength? Moving down the side posts? Adjusting the flipper so they're a bit higher in the up position? Do dimples make much of a difference after a while? I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I should.

#5960 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pitch 6.5 degrees
Flippers at -2
Lower the sling power at first a bit until you are used to them.
Close the outlanes all the way at least until you learn the game.
30 sec ball times are normal
My average ball time is 77 secs.
But still I manage to RTU once in awhile.
Leave the flippers at the proper droop.
I got pretty good at the game at about 250 plays.
It will make you a better player.
The joy of the game is its simplicity vs its toughness.
Yes it can play very fast.
Ball control is key.
It's way harder than Houdini which is also challenging until you learn it.
I love this game.

Thanks for the pointers. I lowered the flipper strength to -10 earlier today and it's already a bit better!

2 weeks later
#6008 5 years ago

Normal is the way they come from the factory.
Most of the games I have seen are the factory setup.
It's easier to hit the side Martian targets with the factory setup.
Raising them would be a custom approach. The game will play differently than intended.
But it's your game do whatever makes you happy.

I made a slight adjustment to the flipper. Right is factory, left is after adjustment. It makes a big difference to me when it comes to ball control - particularly when it comes to stopping and cradling a ball.

fullsizeoutput_833 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_833 (resized).jpeg
#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

As I was playing tonight this post mysteriously appeared in my left outlane. For the life of me I can't figure out where it came from. I tried looking at pics on ipdb but no luck. Can anyone help?
[quoted image]

93FA029C-E2E9-4638-BA46-2387C42A803D (resized).jpeg93FA029C-E2E9-4638-BA46-2387C42A803D (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion) is there anymore wizard modes to this or did I just finish the game? Its beautiful, I love it, but afraid this might be way to easy if you are a decent pinball player right?

It seems like it won't be much of a challenge for you relative to the newer games. How easy is it relative to MBr?

1 week later
#6238 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Have my father-in-law here visiting, and he wanted to check out the pins this evening. He probably hasn't seen or played a pinball machine in 30 years, but after his first game, I could see he was hooked!
He bounced around from game to game, but ended up spending a solid hour or so on AFMR.
I actually left the room to spend time with the rest of the family, and he just kept playing.
When everyone was heading to bed, he came over and said "how do you turn the machines on?". I think he'll be on this forum soon haha!

His next question will be "can you help me load this extra MM you have in my truck?".

#6242 5 years ago

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha!
He actually played a few more re games tonight, but he mainly stuck to AFM. Definitely a great game for all levels. True classic!
Then my wife got 1 catapult shot away from BFTK! Was pretty cool since she barely plays. I set up my MMR on easy with some EBs handed out, so definitely makes it more enjoyable for casual players.
I personally can't play it because it's almost a guaranteed BFTK every time, so I'll just wait until she finishes it one day, and I'll put the settings back to default.
In the interim, I have TWD to finish!

You have a really nice lineup - MMr and TSPP are next on my list. Your father-in-law is a lucky guy!

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

No.
I have the same issue with my machine and opened a ticket with CGC. Their reply: "In regards to the ramp issue, we have seen this in the original AFM as well. The ball guide and rubber post are the same. A good question would be is the game level left to right?"
I replied back that it is leveled correctly. Their reply: "I get the same results on the original AFM as well, the ball hits the rubber black post and shifts right. But it doesn't do it all the time. On your machine does it continuously?"
I replied: "It will shift right continuously, but doesn't always drain down the right outlane. As you saw in the video, it's a bit of chance, but it does drain roughly 5-10% of the time. It sounds like it's a defect since the original- How it's laid out you would assume it would follow the curve and land on the right flipper. Maybe with future machines produced, the ramp wall can be extended all the way to the post." Asked them to let me know if their engineers ever came up with a better fix and they said they would.

That's good background info. The balls hits the rubber so it's not a guide related issue. I can see how mastering the nudge is the way to counteract this but I might try a couple different homemade remedies and see how they work.

#6262 5 years ago

A failed lock ramp shot on AFM is risky, its part of the game.
Powerfully nudging the game to bounce it off the outlane rubber has always been the solution.
Part of fun of AFM is the discrete nudging here and there to keep the ball in control.

I hear you!

1 week later
#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Anyone run into a problem with the eat at eddy's mod that the UFO is touching the building? It is like my ufo is slightly off center but there is not really a good way in the mechanism to adjust that. The holes for the UFO bracket are where they are. I've always thought that one alien was closer to the ship than the other, but it never mattered until now!

I had a related issue whereby the UFO knocker wasn't hitting the UFO. I used a couple of vinyl washers that I filed on one side and installed them where the spring connects to the base to tilt the UFO.

2 months later
#6537 5 years ago

What's the secret to winning the Video Mode? I have never been able to finish it.

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Can only speak for myself.
I don’t watch the ships, just sweep fire back and forth changing direction as the fire tip hits about 45 degrees from the ground. Get ready with the bomb but if you sweep well shouldn’t need it most times. That should get you to the main ship. Attacking the main ship don’t aim very far from centre and the ship will collect the fire.

Thanks, will try tonight!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=lb1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.