pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kredmore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6067 5 years ago

Hello -

I finally purchased my new SE, and this 122 page topic has been very helpful. As I learn the game, etc. it's been great to have a place here to search as well as google, Manual, etc. However some things I can't find that I'm hoping are just simple for folks here:

How do I change (or not possible?) the messages in between games? I have the custom message set, but what about:

Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed
Ruler of the Universe TEX Inaugurated
Attack from Mars Questions? Comments? email...
So No to Drugs?
Grand Champion? It always says SLL 7.5B, even after reset (enter button for 5 sec. and cleared the backup).

Keith

#6069 5 years ago

Thank you - seems like a good group!

Yes, I have the high scores, but can the grand champion be reset?

#6071 5 years ago

I think I have it - A.4 03 Champion H.S.T.D. - Set this to Off should do it. I must have overlooked that setting.

What's up with the Just Say No to Drugs? Looks like that might be permanent, but then I saw someone deleted the "No" in a screen shot here, so it must be able to be changed somewhere?

#6080 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Years ago somebody came up with a hacked ROM replacing some of that message with an equal number of letters. No idea who or how.
And since your game doesn't have ROMs, no changing it.
LTG : )

Thank you.

I was unable to find that info via Google when I searched, so maybe you could share your search criteria that found it for you so we all can learn?

Is there any way to clear TEX as the default Ruler of the Universe, or do you just have to become the Ruler though play?

#6084 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lloyd's search criteria is his mind. Like a lot if us, he lived it.
No Google necessary lol.
The default game scores are there for you to aspire to.
It's fun to finally beat all of the preset high scres.
The TEX score for RTU seems impossible until you beat it lol.

oh, I see, makes sense. Thank you. I'm really enjoying the new remake so far - will get the high scores eventually.

#6111 5 years ago

If the default is "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" and the only way to clear it is to beat it, why is there a setting (A.4 19) for adjusting the Alien Champion minimum down to 5?

#6115 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's in the H.S.T.D. section. Try lowering it. Go back to attract mode, and then follow the directions on the side of your diagnostic switches to reset high scores.
LTG : )

The score to become the new Alien Champion setting in A.4 19 can be lowered to 5. The display "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" starts at 20. Say you beat it 25, then 30, 40. But It will never go below 20 because as far as I can tell, there is no way to reset it. So, why have a setting that sets it to lower than 20? I hope I'm missing something.

#6132 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

The score to become the new Alien Champion setting in A.4 19 can be lowered to 5. The display "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" starts at 20. Say you beat it 25, then 30, 40. But It will never go below 20 because as far as I can tell, there is no way to reset it. So, why have a setting that sets it to lower than 20? I hope I'm missing something.

per CGC, if you reset the H.S.T.D. in U.3, the Martian Champion default displayed will become whatever number you set in A.4 19. So if you made it 5, the display will now show LFS = 5. Verified, and just following up to close this one.

4 weeks later
#6249 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Spoke with Doug and he emailed me again that they are working big on a fix
With mine centered and moved up a 1/4 inch it’s still 100%.
I willleave as is mounted with double sided tape till I get an answer

Was there ever a final answer to this? I'm at the end of all the adjustments (plunger alignment, new ball guide, CGC ramp bend check) with the ramp as the problem, even have a ticket with CGC, and now stalled. I can easily bend the ramp more, use tape to move it, etc. But in reading all the old posts, thought I would ask if CGC had done anything more?

2 weeks later
#6311 5 years ago

Is there a way to cancel/exit out in the middle of a game (short of turning machine off/on or running through the remaining balls)? Home game, so free play. Haven't found much in search.

Lots of scenarios, but this happens often in our house - 2 Players are on ball 1 or 2, and a 3rd player hears the action and comes to the game wanting to play. All 3 players agree to start over. Or 2 players start, and soon after 1 player leaves unexpectedly. Or 1 player has a frustrated short ball 1 and wants to start over......the list goes on.

#6313 5 years ago

yes, there are settings to restart the game on ball 2+ with the Start Button. On ball 1, looks like you can add players with the Start Button. Anyone know if there is a way to cancel/stop a game?

4 months later
#7064 4 years ago

Posting an update to the ball launch issues in case it helps others.

For the ball launch not making it to the top or all the way around, I went through it all - read all the posts, CGC tickets, ball guide updates, ramp bending, launch strength, launch angle, etc. and the overall launch was much better. It would make it to the top almost all the time, and all the way around about 8-9 out of 10 times. However, I noticed that ball would still sometimes hit the upper wire frame (slow motion camera), and of course this can be raised up slightly, but not enough to always clear it.
So, this is pretty much how it is on all games as far as I can tell. The launch ramp angle usually just barely clears the upper wireframe. Launch strength can be decreased too. However, the only way I see to keep the ball from flying too high at default launch strength all the time, is to lower the ramp slope angle to ensure the ball rolls along at the surface and doesn't fly up any higher. This was accomplished by bending the ramp at a lower point (closer to the start) just slightly so the slope is more gradual. Now it works perfectly, with slow motion camera verifying.

#7067 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Very, very nice.
Yea it just doesn’t happen consistently enough to bother me anymore. I think the CGC ball replacement guide likely makes the most difference?

Yes, the ball guide replacement allows the ball to reach the top consistently, even when the ball hits the wireframe ramp slightly. For this issue, it's easy to test, as you can just launch ball after ball in test mode while putting your finger on the wireframe to feel the ball hit from time to time. If you prop the top diverter open, you will see that the ball will not make it all the way around when it hits. Then you can lift (or remove) the wireframe and no longer feel the ball hit, allowing the ball to go all the way around.

But agreed, it doesn't happen enough consistently to cause too much trouble, and probably why CGC didn't really bother during game testing.

#7093 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Searched for this cannot find it. In the last couple of months now and again the skill shot launch stops at the top left gate and goes to the pops. I have inspected the left flipper and swapped opto boards. Also done the flipper binding fix. Still does on a rare occasion. Trying to work out if I have a problem with left flipper or not.
Anyone had similar?
Thanks.

From my earlier post, this happened with me as well. I found when the ball hit the wireframe above the launch path, it stopped at the pops. Lower the autolaunch power will help, as it lowers the ball velocity off the launch ramp, so less chance of hitting the wireframe above, thus goes all the way around. To help you troubleshoot, you could hold open the top diverter with string/ziptie, then see if the same problem exists. If it does, you know's it's autolaunch, etc. we are discussing here. If the ball goes thorough 100% of time, then you know it's in the diverter/left flipper. Good Luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kredmore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=kredmore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.