pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 6 years ago

Beautiful machine WackyBrakke!

3 months later
#1582 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I thought I had read AFMr code version used was prior to the AFM version that brought Dirty Pool. Certainly could have been bad info.

AFMr is running the last official code released by Bally-Williams, Version 1.1, which includes the “Dirty Pool” feature.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/9#post-3935388

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi All - I am looking to purchase the LE and unfortunately there are none of the AFMr in my area to actually play. I currently have MET and AC/DC. I was going to purchase an AS for Xmas but then I saw the AFMr and thought it would be different and a better buy. Looking for some feedback before I drop 10K
Thx

As other have said buy this game with confidence. It is truly great.

1 week later
#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I went with self adhesive felt under saucer. Works like a charm and takes 1 minute to install

Great idea! Can you post a photo of that? I would like to do the same for my game.

#2151 6 years ago

Number 687 is in the home. This game rocks!

3249EF3E-EA88-4675-AECC-484A98AA0504 (resized).jpeg3249EF3E-EA88-4675-AECC-484A98AA0504 (resized).jpeg

#2180 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

For those that are having problems with the topper, is the problem not being able to connect all the wires? The reason I ask is that on mine, a couple of the connectors had a piece of plastic (like a plastic pin) blocking one of the holes. I have no idea why they came like this. I was hesitant to try and remove the plastic pin but it was obvious that the only way to connect the wires was to remove those pins. I used needle nose pliers and they didn't exactly come out easily but once out I connected everything and the topper works fine. Anybody else have these plastic pins blocking holes on their connectors?

I had a plastic pin blocking one hole on a four-pin connector. It was the last one I connected (the same one Dodgey took a photo of a few posts ago) so I was sure it needed to be removed, especially after reading multiple posts here. I used my fingernail and it slid out very easily. Plugged it in and everything works fine.

#2183 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Goofy side question: what's with people flagging the reviews rated with a 10 as bogus in the Top100 rankings?

They don't want the greatest game ever to be rated that highly. Just my opinion of course but hard to explain it otherwise.

#2210 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So this was one of my complaints with the flipper power and did not seem that it was being adjusted when I even put it to min flipper power. I just recently noticed that i have tons of ball dimples all over the playfield due to the air balls non stop. Even with the flipper setting set to min. And leveled at 7.2 degrees I still get the air balls. So I will be setting the flipper strength back to default like told by cgc but my question is now that my playfield has dimples/damage all over the place what/How will this be fixed. New playfield probably not. Kinda disappointed that I paid this kind of money and I have dimples all over the playfield.

Dimples are completely normal. All playfields have dimples. If there are enough they start to merge together so the playfield actually looks smooth.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Never owned a nib pin so good to know and this is a great read. I just get a crap load of airballs and noticed the dimples so o kinda was like wow. Thanks for posting this bc it make me feel better knowing that I got my money worth and on a side note cgc has been awesome to deal with.

No problem. Vid’s post made me feel better as well. Dimples are a non-issue and completely normal. Vid posted this photo of an original AFM playfield with a sea of 1,000,000 dimples. Nothing to be concerned about.

AF906F5F-24BF-4386-9F40-A6F6B5AA07DF (resized).jpegAF906F5F-24BF-4386-9F40-A6F6B5AA07DF (resized).jpeg

Quoted from MrTilt:

Is it just my game or all have the same issue?

All the games have this issue. I think it’s normal. I bought 3 nib games last year before my AFMr and it was the same with them as well.

#2291 6 years ago

I agree with the others. CGC specifically stated that the topper (which is pure awesome!) will only be available for the LE’s. Their communication has been outstanding so I don’t see them going back on their word. I personally like having a distinction between the various models. There are still some nib LE’s available for those that are interested.

#2296 6 years ago

The wooden box they made specifically for the topper is very impressive. No cardboard box for that beauty.

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. Very cool that today was the first time! It's one example of why AFM is one of the all time greats...the code is elegant, clever and the rules are straightforward. It's challenging and entertaining. One of my problems with some of the newer games is they can be overly complex, brutal, and take themselves a bit too seriously (i.e. no humor). I've always found B/W titles more entertaining in general...
snaroff

I agree completely! There is a certain charm to AFM and other classic B/W titles like MM and MB. There is a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor that is very appealing. The games don’t take themselves too seriously (look at all the cow humor) and are easy to understand and pure fun. It’s almost as if you can tell the design teams were confident and enjoying their work. Modern games are nice but in my opinion don’t have that same vibe.

1 week later
#2508 6 years ago

Has CGC actually started sending out the new PICs to their distributors?

#2609 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

If someone wants a 4 pin collection, does it make sense to get AFMr, MMr and Monsterbash, since those are all very similar in playfied ( fan ) Would it make sense to get more of a variety for the 4?

It would absolutely make sense to get AFMr, MMr, and MBr in a 4 pin collection. Those machines are the top 3 because they are arguably the most fun games ever made. I only have room for 2 machines so it will be AFMr and probably MBr, but I’d love an MMr as well. I really don’t think you can do better in my opinion. The themes are all very different as well. Whthrs166’s suggestion is excellent.

#2693 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm speaking from firsthand experience. For example, according to them, can't get the updated pic chip that fixes a pretty serious potential electrical problem with the flippers under warranty unless I'm the first owner. Extremely lame of CGC.

I agree also. If there is a flaw in the software everyone should get the fix, first owner or not. Did you ask them for the PIC chip and they refused? That doesn’t sound like them.

#2703 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was denied by the distributor (not one I've ever used, the one that sold this to this original owner), citing CGC policy. However, I've now been told to contact CGC directly since this PIC thing is more like a recall and they'll handle it. I'll report back.

OK. That makes more sense. I was under the impression that CGC was the one that denied you. I would be shocked if they don’t help you. Let us know.

#2720 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

My very first pinball machine and I must say I don’t think I could have picked a better one to start with. 658 of 1000

Congratulations! You’ve made a great choice. Enjoy your new machine!

#2755 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

So today I realize on I’m getting a lot of dimples on my play field. Pissing me off. Is this normal? Anybody else having problems with the play field bubbling up? To me it’s making the game look ugly. Anyway to fix this? Help!

Dimples are completely normal. All playfields have dimples. If there are enough they start to merge together so the playfield actually looks smooth.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

Here is a photo of an original AFM showing a sea of dimples. Again, perfectly normal.

IMG_2531 (resized).JPGIMG_2531 (resized).JPG

#2788 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Improved cabinet....that's first i heard that? I much perfer the silkscreened cab over the decals tho.

I think he’s referring to the plywood bottom on the remake vs MDF on the original. The remake also uses melamine covered plywood.

“The game's cabinetry has been greatly improved. Both the cabinet and backbox are manufactured with melamine clad plywood. Melamine is 10 times more scratch resistant than traditional lacquer finishes. The original fiberboard cabinet bottom has been replaced with a ½" plywood bottom - significantly improving the strength of the cabinet and providing added protection for the cashbox.”

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

#2874 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2016/11/04/churchill-cabinet-company-tour/
Read article and look at picture captions as mentions ghost buster playfeilds they are making.

That article is dated Oct 2016. Most of the ghosting issues were resolved by September 2016, so it appears that the Churchill playfields solved the issue. I followed this pretty closely since I bought a nib GB Premium in 2016. It was built in Dec 2016 and I never had any ghosting issues with it.

Stern apparently used a different playfield vendor initially because CGC was going to start building their own games and were therefore a direct competitor. At least that's my understanding of what happened, but I could be wrong.

3 weeks later
#4039 6 years ago

I’ve been very pleased with my AFMr LE purchase, #687. I probably have a minor shooter ramp issue with the ball not making it around the orbit on the super skill shot occasionally, but I’ve been too lazy to unscrew the metal ramp and make the bend adjustment fix since I’ve been obsessed with playing Zelda on my Nintendo Switch (which is awesome by the way!). I’ve purchased 4 nib machines and AFMr in my experience has been at the top of the list so far in regards to quality, although the others were good too. It’s unfortunate that some people are having problems but most of these appear to be relatively cosmetic in nature now that the PIC 2.0 has been released. My sincere advice, which I need to remind myself to heed at times, is to try and not let that kill your enjoyment of this fun hobby. If you search hard enough you can find flaws with almost everything to one degree or another, and that is certainly true of pinball machines.

1D38B8FD-05B3-4B90-BFBC-2EDC66A91AD8.jpeg1D38B8FD-05B3-4B90-BFBC-2EDC66A91AD8.jpeg
3EAEFD20-8DA1-4DB6-A44A-F210DBF7BA71.jpeg3EAEFD20-8DA1-4DB6-A44A-F210DBF7BA71.jpeg
FA5B86F5-C4C1-4F3B-B8C9-AE9DE5566A73.jpegFA5B86F5-C4C1-4F3B-B8C9-AE9DE5566A73.jpeg
D105C1EA-DFA3-4365-B867-3EE99D74F36B.jpegD105C1EA-DFA3-4365-B867-3EE99D74F36B.jpeg
C8FF3EF2-3F07-4E41-891B-E49224D87F4E.jpegC8FF3EF2-3F07-4E41-891B-E49224D87F4E.jpeg

#4055 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Just saw a Denver CL ad for an original AFM and the colors in question look yellow.
denver.craigslist.org link

They sure do which goes to show there is color variability in the original AFM playfields as well, which shouldn’t be a big surprise. Can’t believe he is asking $6500 for a machine in such rough condition. You can get a new AFMr Classic for that.

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

I just got no.926. colors, clear coat, and cab look great. the sound is awesome and play is fast, once and a while too fast as ball drains down right out lane or has hopped back to shooter lane from wire form at high speeds. I really love the color display and am looking at the plain amber ones on my SPP and TAF differently now.

Welcome to the forum!

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have 8k burning a hole in my safe waiting for MMr LE

I feel the same way in regards to MBr. Hopefully that will be the next remake revealed at TPF. But I’d like an MMr too haha. Only have room for 2 games though so tough choice.

#4184 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It was a typo. I have MMr LE and AFMr LE already. Eagerly awaiting MBr LE

Perfect! I wish I had room for all 3. If MBr isn’t the next game I’ll get an MMr instead.

#4203 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

What will be better to get, the MMr or MBrLE? Tough choice...

I’m in the same position. Very tough decision. I’m leaning towards MBrLE though. Hopeful that will be the game revealed at TPF. Awesome theme, lots of toys, and great code by Lyman. So much fun to play and can’t wait to see the modern enhancements on it. Which way are you leaning? Can’t believe it’s almost TPF time again. The organizers do an amazing job with that show. Their hard work definitely pays off!

#4208 6 years ago

I hope they offer trim in orange or purple for MBrLE, like they did with Martian Green for AFMrLE. I think that would look sweet.

#4300 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To the two main poster of “all the problems” (not calling you out by name, that’s bad form): CGC has fully addressed my major issue. Do you understand? My issue is resolved. I’m saying it. Done.
To the dude with the weird knot in your shooter lane: is your problem resolved? If you don’t reply, we will assume yes.
Why is it that the ONLY people harping on the “issues” are the people without them? Or not even owners of the game! Drop it. For real. I had real and serious issues JUST LIKE THE KNOT. They are resolved!!! 100%. CGC took care of me and it was simple and quick. Personal contact with excellent customer service. They like to keep stuff personal and not blab all over. It’s how they choose to do business.
If anyone still has actual unresolved problems, feel free to post. But this thread has completely been ruined by a few people who won’t drop this discussion despite a complete lack of evidence of unaddressed issues. Take it elsewhere.

I couldn’t agree more. The poster who is the most vocal complainer on this Owner’s thread - 80 posts all negative - doesn’t even own an AFMr, he owns 38 Sterns as he admitted himself earlier in this thread.

Thank you for letting us know that CGC fully addressed your issues. Great to hear!

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yes. Doug was great. Classic personal touch.
And before either negative poster asks: I live in idaho and have no connection with CGC. Just hate to see any business being beaten up for no reason.

Doug is terrific. I talked to him extensively last year at TPF. We played a game of Dialed In together since JPP was located right next to CGC at the show. I asked Doug his opinion of Dialed In and he said it was great, even though he knew I was thinking of buying an AFMr and it was a competitor. That impressed me and I remembered it.

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I do not own an AFM or MB, only late model Sterns.
My agenda? I would just like to see CGC honor their warranty and repair the defective games of Pinsiders.
Shill on, CGC dealers and employees.

You aren’t an owner but you continually come on this thread and repeatedly bad mouth CGC. 82 posts now, all negative. Several owners, people who actually spent hard-earned money on the game unlike you, have politely asked you to stop. Instead you insult them by saying they must be shills, dealers, or employees of CGC since they praise the game and company. That’s not right. It violates the spirit of Pinside.

I would ask the Moderators to consider banning you from this thread. Rule #1 on Pinside is be nice. You’ve violated that repeatedly.

Quoted from Mike_J:

He's either on the payroll or has family that has a stake in the company.
In fairness, he's been like this going back to the diffuser garbage with MMR.
You only paid 8K for a product which is clearly defective, but Happy Flipping!

Quoted from Mike_J:

Are you a CGC dealer/reseller?

#4474 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep those three mods are definitely going on the game. The Shaker today and the color dmd and cliffys as soon as I get them.

I had a Met Premium. In my opinion the one “must have” mod is the Snake Fangs. Without it the snake looks more like a turtle. Enjoy your new game!

#4475 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I came into this thread to see how people were liking their games, I've flirted with eventually moving my Metallica LE for one, but maybe I should just sell it and get out of this hobby before it's nothing but rich douchebags suing each other.

AFMr is a great game - my personal favorite. I think you would really enjoy it.

#4592 6 years ago

That is a real bummer. That was the game I was looking forward to for a year.

#4596 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Lots of options at TPF this year (Iron Maiden, Houdini, POTC, Alice Cooper, etc). May not be horrible to delay the reveal for another time when CGC has the stage to themselves?

No, TPF is the best place to make a reveal if you want to make a big splash in my opinion, given all the attention the show draws. CGC are probably as bummed as we are. They likely found some problems with the game that they didn’t anticipate.

1 week later
#4662 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I was wondering when the peanut gallery would make their return.

The "peanut gallery" you derogatorily refer to are actual owners, unlike you. You've now made 87 posts in this owners thread, all of it negative. Trolling at its finest. This is one of the reasons I'm losing interest in Pinside.

#4677 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Was wondering when the fire would flare back up. Like it or not, there are multiple examples on this forum of PFs from every manufacturer with minor imperfections that have not been warrantied for replacement. CGC is obviously no different and this has been long known, beginning from the MMR insert issues. Again, minor imperfections are nothing new and are typically not warrantied. It includes Stern with minor (some would say moderate) pf cc chipping and color/alignment differences as well as JJP with sending out mylar for PF cc chipping (even when the PF art went with the chip). When Onwallst posted his PF pictures a 40 days ago, based on this history it was fairly obvious that cosmetic and relatively minor imperfections probably were not going result in a replacement. And regardless the post bombing, lawsuit threats and a small Pinside gallery pile-on. Again, just look at the history from all the manufacturers. I've only been around on the forum for a few years and even I know about it. Nothing New.
Take a look at Onwallst's PF and descriptions. Calling it planking was the first potential issue. I had no idea if it was actually planking so I did a quick forum search for the definition of planking... and found it in seconds from a reputable source (Kruzman).

Onwallst's PF looks to be a textbook definition ribbing as per Kruzman's descriptions, not planking fwiw.
How about Onwallst's "strong" beliefs about this issue being from from climate or clearcoat drying issues? Again, from that expert (Kruzman) and other pinside discussions they say that typical post purchase humidity and temps changes are not a factor in ribbing and planking. Some have posted that maybe wild swings in humidity are an issue, but nothing that normal-use post purchase environments entail. So the forum typically does not call this artifact planking, nor is it from climate or clearcoat drying issues as per Onwallst's "strong" beliefs. That's three strikes against this and from the first posts of the entire soap opera. What a waste of time and misplaced extreme umbrage. CGC's PF warranty experience is well known. As the forum has noted many times, if minor imperfections such as these are major problems to you, don't buy NIB pinball machines. It's a bummer, but in the grand scheme of life these pictures are only relatively minor cosmetic imperfections at this time. It's like dimple gate.
Whether people like it or not, these are not substandard games as per the way every big pinball manufacturer has worked and acted up to this day. It's still called commercial equipment, and sold/warrantied as such. People expecting perfection have big time misplaced expectations with pinball machines. That's the buyer's fault. If you want perfection simply don't buy NIB. Vote with your wallet . Maybe the manufacturers should raise prices another 20% to stringently permit only "perfect" components in every way.
And it appears there hasn't been much of a downward price/resale for such games with these minor imperfections. A clean AFMRLE with 100 plays was recently advertised on Pinside and went for $7250. ~$7000 for minor imperfections isn't much of a loss. If one is upset over a $250 loss, even $500-$1000, I'd recommend staying away from pinball machines. The market has been crazy for recent years, but it won't always be that way.
I thought the five year offer of extended warranty was nice. If a machine eventually gets to planking which is the cracking of paint and clear (as per Kruzman), then that's the time to definitely expect a new PF.
The odd post(s) showing minor PF issues are great information. They help remind us there is often no perfection in pinball. Post experiences up and vote with your wallets; trying to raise the bar is always a good thing . The broken record post bombing, lawsuit threats and haters piling on over and over and over are much of what make Pinside such a toxic place.
All this umbrage and drama over visible wood grain. Sigh. It isn't perfect and it's unfortunate, but in the grand scheme of things the ribbing pictures posted are pretty minor and only cosmetic imo. Play and enjoy pinball, don't sweat the small stuff. If a buyer is burned/PO'd by minor imperfections they only have themselves to blame; it's all well known history on the forum and it includes all the major manufacturers. Don't shoot the messenger; I have no skin in the game. I think CGC/PPS makes some great games and it's the same thing with JJP and Stern. People have reported similar experiences with "minor" issues from all the major pinball manufactures (and some potentially not so minor issues). Take it or leave it for what it is, and act accordingly.
Sorry for your bad experience Onwallst.

Great post! Very informative, balanced, and well thought out. I agree completely with everything you say. I was ignorant regarding the difference between planking and ribbing until you pointed it out, and it appears my ignorance is shared by many others based on lots of comments on this thread. Posts like yours which actually teach me something are why I keep coming back. Thank you.

#4709 6 years ago

Finally managed to get the high score on my AFMr since I’m not a very good player. Only a few shots away from completing Attack Mars for the first time. Man I love this game, so much fun!

BD312006-CFFB-4048-BE51-5F92E2F597BB (resized).jpegBD312006-CFFB-4048-BE51-5F92E2F597BB (resized).jpeg

#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Yea that don't look right. Can one of the classic owners take a look for the Bally logo on theres or post a pic .My lower panel is just blacken out in that area

The Classic model uses a smaller display, similar in size to regular DMD games as well as to MMr. I don’t think it’s supposed to show the Bally logo, just like MMr doesn’t have the Williams logo. The LE and SE models use a display that is almost twice as big. Part of the bottom is uncovered and can be used to show the Bally name or something else you can program there yourself.

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I know on MMR there is no speaker bar logo since Williams didn't allow their logo be put on the remake machines; this is clearly not the case for the Bally logo, and even though I don't own a classic machine, I question the why there is no Bally logo on the classic machine, as there is clearly room for it.

Where is there room for it on the Classic display? Or do you mean putting a Bally logo plaque in that area below the LCD?

0DA7D663-545E-4CE1-AC94-7D27DB895572 (resized).jpeg0DA7D663-545E-4CE1-AC94-7D27DB895572 (resized).jpeg
9CAF2D40-EF74-485B-9532-29C0A09D3F65 (resized).jpeg9CAF2D40-EF74-485B-9532-29C0A09D3F65 (resized).jpeg

#4751 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

1) I have the machine leveled at 6.5 degrees (used a meter) this seems like it's not enough pitch to me. The game plays slower than when I had it out of the box, so I am thinking of upping it. However...I haven't had the ball fly off the capture return rail since I did this adjustment. What is your playfield angle?

Damagio

6.5 degrees is what is recommended in the manual so that should be perfect. I have mine set to that and it plays fast. Have you tried waxing the playfield? That should increase the speed some as well as help protect the clearcoat.

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from MANOLIKI:

Hi everybody. I have been reading this post for a long time because I am in love with attack from mars pinball and I decided to buy a L.E.
Yesterday I recived the number 943 and it could not be more impressive. I live in Spain (sorry for my english) and I think is the only one in this country. I show you some pictures. The place where the pinball is in the pictures is not de definitive. Thank you for all of your help in this forum and enjoy with your pinballs.

Awesome and congratulations! Welcome to the club and to the forum!

#4787 6 years ago

Over 20,000 plays in less than 9 months?! That’s incredible. It must be in near constant use at your location. How’s it holding up?

#4805 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

BEST. TOPPER. EVER. Can’t wait to see how they manage to make the MBr topper top this one.

Agree! I can definitely see them making another great topper, maybe something to do with Frankenstein’s monster (or his Bride) and electricity.

#4813 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Curious to know what flipper strength you guys have settled on since the PIC 2.0 update.
Also, put the game at 6.5 (measured at flippers) with the outlane posts in the middle of each slot, and I can barely keep the ball alive. That sound about right for this game?

Flippers set to -3, outlane posts at factory setting, 6.5 degree pitch measured between the flippers. It’s a fast game for sure, particularly after being waxed. Lots of side drains but I’m not a good player so it seems normal to me.

1 week later
#4862 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Exact same set up and I feel the exact same way. I am not that good a player, but I feel like I have a lot of control now. I get lots of side drains, but feel I am really really getting better at “digging” the ball out down the middle. I do t know if that is the right term but I am sure you know what I mean. It is fat and fun...very satisfying to play.

I couldn’t agree more! CGC did an amazing job with this game. So much fun to play.

#4897 6 years ago

You can’t go wrong with any of them. The Martian Green trim on the LE surprised me with how much I like it. Beautiful powder coating.

#4914 6 years ago

Our local distributor here in the Metroplex also appears to be sold out of the LE's. They have Classics and SE's listed for sale on their website, but no LE.

#4922 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Is that true for all distributors?

I think so too. Not sure whether or not there could be some wiggle room on shipping. You might look into that possibility.

#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm mulling this purchase vs a GotG Pro. GotG is more of a gamble pending more code. BUT, it's also $2300 less. I want AFM, but $2300 is a lot of dough.

It may be cheaper in the long run to buy the game you really want, as opposed to buying another and having to sell it later to fund the game you prefered initially. AFMr is truly great. I love mine. Good luck no matter what you decide!

#4931 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I think you are probably right.... The SE will be available for a while right?

Yes. The SE will be available indefinitely since there is no license (other than the Bally-Williams license that PPS owns). It will be made in runs based on demand, like the MMr Standard currently is. No need to rush to get one.

#4934 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone have a picture of the LE in black trim. Deciding between Black and Green Trim

7F7A20BA-BA9C-4CE7-BEF6-3751EB2ADEE7 (resized).jpeg7F7A20BA-BA9C-4CE7-BEF6-3751EB2ADEE7 (resized).jpeg

#4937 6 years ago

All the colors look sharp. You really can’t go wrong with any of them. Most ended up choosing Martian Green according to Doug. I went that way as well after seeing it in person at TPF and really like it.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

• So here is the REAL breakdown. Of AFMR orders, 73% have chosen Martian Green, 20% Black, and 7% Stainless.

Doug Skor

#4953 6 years ago

Just installed Pinstadium lights in my machine. I’m now enjoying my all-time favorite game more than ever!

989E9944-46EC-419C-A4E6-38236C880EFA (resized).jpeg989E9944-46EC-419C-A4E6-38236C880EFA (resized).jpeg

85D58334-02FC-45D2-A82E-7F42F5CCD979 (resized).jpeg85D58334-02FC-45D2-A82E-7F42F5CCD979 (resized).jpeg

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Nice, when did you buy your pin stadium lights?

I bought them at TPF. Do you have some?

#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Do they dim and turn off with the GI?

They are connected to the GI and turn on and off with it. I’m not sure if they dim, but I don’t think they do. Could be wrong about that though. They are also connected to a flasher so there is an additional UV flash that occurs when the game flashes. It’s so much fun to play in the dark like this.

The game is blinged out to begin with and now it’s really blinged, haha!

#4966 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Looks magnificent!!
Now that I have MMR and AFMR LE I don't think I need anymore games right!?

Thanks! I'm in the same position. MMr and AFMr LE are my only 2 games and I'm tempted to stop there, but probably won't be able to resist MBr if that is remake #3.

#4967 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That looks awesome. What do the pinstadium lights do when you are playing strobe multiball? Are the pinstadium lights on or off?

During Strobe Multiball the GI portion of the Pinstadium lights turn off (just like the game’s GI) and the UV flashers come on whenever the strobe flashes. But it may vary depending on what flasher you connect to.

#4995 5 years ago

Best Topper on any machine ever!

Definitely! And created by the original artist of the game, Doug Watson, which is very cool.

#4996 5 years ago

That looks awesome. What do the pinstadium lights do when you are playing strobe multiball? Are the pinstadium lights on or off?

I was wrong in my reply earlier. I just had Strobe Multiball again and the GI and Flashers for the Pinstadium lights remained off during this mode. The only lights that were lit were the game strobe on the mothership, the 3 red inserts in front of the force field, and the “Return to Battle” insert. In my opinion this is actually good since that is the way the game designers envisioned it. The darkness during this mode is what makes it so cool and different. Sorry for the incorrect information before.

#5011 5 years ago

The topper won't be offered separately according to Doug at CGC.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

4. There are no plans to sell the LE topper separately. The topper will be held to only those that buy LE’s We are looking at the possibility offering the mini saucer LED as an upgrade, but this will not be for several months.

Best Regards,
Doug

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Hey guys - recorded some game play action tonight with my son. Figured I'd share here!
» YouTube video

You were so close to the 1 Billion Hurry-Up!

1 week later
#5095 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Play field condition update: Anyone care to guess how many plays to date? The machine was opened march 13, this year. No protective Cliffys.

Your game looks beautiful!

Quoted from whitey:

Attack club ? Need some help
I just got a Black Attack LE # 339
Born on nov 2017 ? Game is flawless,clearcoat looks amazing
Before turning on the switch
What are my biggest concerns.

Congratulations! There shouldn’t be any big concerns. You may need to make a quick and easy adjustment to your shooter ramp if the ball doesn’t exit the lane cleanly. That’s been the only issue I’ve encountered so far on mine, and it now works fine. Wax it and enjoy!

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Joined the club finally on the weekend when I took delivery of a black AFM-r LE that's been waiting for me for since Jan. I can say after a bit of play, that I can finally put the mistake of selling my original owned from new AFM years ago behind me . I absolutely love this thing, forgotten how much fun it was.

Awesome!

Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Joined the AFMR LE club! When family and friends visit, there is a line to play it - they all love it.

Congratulations and welcome to Pinside!

#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

BentleyBear, it really is easy, and it makes a HUGE difference. I would say it took me less than 2 minutes. It's just like LTG described above. Literally loosen, slide, tighten. on both outlanes. I will post a pic from the underside when I get home later. You won't be disappointed if you try this.

Quoted from BentleyBear:

Wow,BIG difference.Now i can finally enjoy the game to the fullest

I agree completely! I just did this to my machine and it made an enormous difference. Now it’s more fun than ever! Thanks for the suggestion.

1 week later
#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I got a HUO AFMr-LE about a week ago; the original owner mentioned his distributor gave him a new rom chip (rev1.1 I believe). It is installed on the game, but what did that upgrade fix/change? just curious; and is 1.1 the current version?

Congratulations on the game. There should be a new PIC chip installed on the big board in the backbox labeled “AFM SOL V2.0”. It corrects a software bug that could potentially lead to a problem with the Solenoid Driver Board when the flipper coils were placed on a setting other than default. Better explained in Doug’s post below.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Service Update:
Previously, I mentioned that we will be providing a firmware update that applies to the Solenoid Driver Board. We had asked both our dealers and the people on Pinside to spread the word to return their flipper coil settings to "default" until such time that you have updated your games. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation. Both internally and externally, we have been testing the firmware to make sure that it is right. The feedback we got back from a few of our testing subjects is very positive and that it will actually improve the quality of the game. The update will provide you much better control of the flipper coils. PIC’s will start to be programed soon. They will be placed in an envelope in a protective shield, a PIC puller, and some brief instructions. I am anticipating to start shipping our dealers early next week. We will start with overseas dealers first. It will be up to our dealer to distribute the update to their customers. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN SERVICE TICKETS FOR THIS UPDATE, FOR THEY WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED DIRECTLY BY CGC.
This issue came to light on the week between Christmas and New Year’s holidays. We quickly responded in isolating the problem and correcting the code, but the testing process took a little longer. Please stay in touch with your dealer on this update. We appreciate your patience.
Thank you.
Doug Skor

16FFC65D-F0A7-411D-99D1-CA3C64E37DD6 (resized).jpeg16FFC65D-F0A7-411D-99D1-CA3C64E37DD6 (resized).jpeg

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Thinking about a couple of mods for LE #186, I'd love to hear what peoples' experience has been:
1) Invisiglass - Seems like a pretty nice upgrade.
2) Pingraffix Powerblades.

I have PDI glass and Pinstadium lights on my LE and highly recommend both. Such an awesome game!

1 month later
#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m so excited about my new AFM it’s on the truck just in Kentucky now. Hopefully it’ll be arriving Friday but I’ve got no delivery notice yet.

Congratulations! AFMr is as good as pinball gets in my opinion.

3 months later
#5912 5 years ago

Just had my all-time best game of pinball. Actually completed Attack Mars. Unfortunately I only had 3 of the blue inserts lit so I wasn’t even close to Ruling the Universe haha. I love this game! It’s as good as pinball gets.

0BAF5943-74A7-44DD-B83B-22F1F2B9A92A (resized).jpeg0BAF5943-74A7-44DD-B83B-22F1F2B9A92A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.