pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6547 5 years ago

Picked up an AFMR Classic from TPF this weekend, been playing fine but noticed something new tonight. When the force field has been down for a while during an attack wave, sometimes the martians will start jumping and the forcefield will go up. It will go right back down, the martians will stop jumping and the attack wave will continue like nothing happened. Any idea what's going on there?

#6550 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

That sounds like a ball search.

Ok, now that you mention it bet that’s what it was. We were testing lower flipper power at the time and cradling longer than usual to do so but were shooting at just the right time to make it look like it was an intermittent thing, thanks!

#6566 5 years ago

Got my AFMr CE w/ color home from TPF last week and the family is loving it. I get now why this is such a highly rated pin. Had several friends over this weekend and a bunch of them wanted to play. Same crew didn’t have much interest in the other games I’ve had, this one is just so easy to explain and understand and is a great time to play once you do. I think this will be a keeper just for it’s ability to be a great gateway pin.

So far I’ve added Titan GITD rubber, side mirrors, and BriteCaps to the pops. No real issues so far, the play field has the proper orange, there’s no wear at the scoop or under the saucer after ~700 games now but have Cliffy’s on order anyhow. Balls stay on the ramps/wire forms, though I bumped flipper strength down to -8. Has the 2.0 SOL ROM. Build date on it was 5/2018.

Thanks to Chris KingPinGames for the great deal and helping get packed up. And finally thanks to Butch Peele of JJP for helping me load that sucker into the truck, even though it wasn’t a JJP machine.

1 week later
#6593 5 years ago

Mezelmods Eat at Eddy's mod is back in stock, picked one up last night, in case anyone is looking.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building

1 week later
#6684 5 years ago

My CE had the new PIC 2.0 chip, manufacture date of May 2018.

#6719 4 years ago

On mine at stock power the ball goes flying off the wireform about half the time when making a clean inner loop shot. I set flipper power anywhere from -2 to -6 and it stays on the rails, also fewer air balls in general.

1 week later
#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just wondering how the game is playing and holding up to all you CE owners.

Mine played great straight out of the box, it already had the SOL 2.0 chip and came with the color chip which is a must have upgrade IMO due to the enhanced / higher rez graphics as much as the color conversion. It's held up well, hasn't had any problems so far (~900 plays), I did have to turn down the flipper power to reduce air balls.

Since getting it I've installed shaker, external sub, upgraded backbox speakers, mirror blades, titan GITD rubber, brite caps on the pops and Pinstadium fusion, which really enhances the light shows.

Going to keep this one for a while, the game is just so much fun and so approachable to new players.

#6861 4 years ago

If you have the LE or SE you already have this. It’s an upgrade on the CE. Without it you get the monochrome original graphics on the display.

#6919 4 years ago

The ball, when launched from the shooter lane, should reach the pops or orbit around, if left button is held, 100% of the time.

I've put around 400 games on mine and it has never failed to do this.

#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How do you stop side rail rattle?

If you have some standard size electrical tape lying around try wrapping the left and right edges of the glass. That usually does the trick for me.

#6925 4 years ago

Looks cool, but yeah, that price.

Speaking of saucer mods anyone seen something to light the saucers on the classic edition yet? I see Bill Ung has a 'notify' list for something, but not much more advertised on his site for that.

1 month later
#7141 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

The plan is to have mine on play for a show (SFGE) in Atlanta.

Mine was a show deal game so was played for 3 days and about a total of 540 games. It still looked brand new at the end of the show.

I did buy the cliffy set but I see no need to install at the moment, after 1200 games still looks perfect. Will keep the cliffys for insurance.

#7170 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Lol. This is why I'm asking. I've seen on some threads that people have mentioned that it does change the main saucer led output.

It did for me. Multi-color main saucer on the CE once chip installed.

4 weeks later
#7269 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey CE owners. What are you doing with the blank area below the DMD? I'd like to put a Bally logo badge there, but can't find one that fits correctly. I tried the one from Bay Area Amusements, but it's too large. Any other thoughts?

I asked my wife to print me one on her vinyl cutter/printer (Cameo?) thing. I bought some mirror finish material. If you know someone with one of those, it was a pretty easy print. Let me see if I can find a pic...
IMG-2098 (resized).JPGIMG-2098 (resized).JPG

8 months later
#8430 4 years ago

I was very happy with what the pinstadium fusion did on my AFMR. Here's a video that shows the general lighting and strobe effects, much more dramatic in-person. Strobe multiball is particularly impressive with the red strobes on hits.

#8436 4 years ago

When I had an AFMR I hooked mine up to one of the Martian flashers and set it to red. The effect was a red strobe on a saucer hit during that mode which I thought was pretty cool looking. You can see it in the vid I posted above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/169#post-5579048

1 month later
#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from Glangas:

I just got my first pin - AFMR. I got it set up, but I'm having a problem with the backbox. I can't get the glass to come out. I unlock the box and go to slide the glass up, but it won't go high enough to get past the display. It seems really stupid, but I can't figure out how to get it up and out. Any thoughts???

My AFMR was like this, but I was able to squeeze the bottom of the back glass out when needed, but it was real snug. It didn’t just clear the speaker panel when lifted like all my other machines. This was with the speaker panel fully seated in its groove. I never thought to troubleshoot it since I could get it out when needed, and I no longer have the machine. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=jarozi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.