pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hop721.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6576 5 years ago

AFMr LE #721 is on the way! Stoked to be joining the club soon! Delivery early next week. Super excited!

#6579 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Number LE#541 inbound, also coming in with a MM. Sara was awesome at Planetary, call her.

That’s where I got mine. Couldn’t agree more that she was awesome

1 week later
#6606 5 years ago

LE #721 Reporting for battle!
My first pin, and I can’t imagine that there’s a better looking one to start my collection. No plastic crackling or play field planking that i can see. The auto plunger was quite far out of alignment in relation to the ball but, after following the cgc pdf instructions for that and the ramp adjustment, ball seems to be launching just fine. Field at 6.5° and flippers at -3 seems to be the sweet spot. I am still getting the occasional jump off the wireform with a clean lock ramp shot, so I may add some weatherstripping on the ramp corner like I’ve seen suggested here.
Thanks everyone for your posts on here-they’ve really helped me get dialed in quickly (and playing sooner)!

5CD4DB6C-BAAC-4560-9BE6-25DF39CDFDC1 (resized).jpeg5CD4DB6C-BAAC-4560-9BE6-25DF39CDFDC1 (resized).jpeg9FE19EEE-4E78-433D-81DE-73FBF86058DF (resized).jpeg9FE19EEE-4E78-433D-81DE-73FBF86058DF (resized).jpegB05A55FF-F26F-417C-B507-2C3AD2A2BA83 (resized).jpegB05A55FF-F26F-417C-B507-2C3AD2A2BA83 (resized).jpeg
#6608 5 years ago

Gogdog Thank you! It was in the key posts. Post #2401 has the link.
I do have the droopy target as well. There’s another key post with the workaround....if I can stop playing long enough.

#6621 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Happy to be joining the club.
Sara at PPS told me I bought THE LAST AFMrLE in Black today. I think she has just ONE MORE...a stainless steel....and then they're all gone!
I got my MBrLE delivered last week, and just couldn't bare the thought of missing out on AFMrLE with that amazing topper. They're gonna look so great next to each other!

Congrats!! I got the black with the green trim kit. Delivered, set up and....the green trim sits in the box because I love the black so much

#6624 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

hop721, you wouldn't want to part with that green trim, would you? Got a SE that would love a little color.

EasternBloc Going to hold onto it for now (thinking I’ll want a change at some point) but I’ll PM you if I change my mind!

1 week later
#6695 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice. I didn't know about that mod. That's cool. What are the plastic protectors for exactly? And I'll have to get on the Cliffy's thing...
Looking forward to it for sure.
Maybe I'll have it THIS Friday if I'm lucky!

I ordered plastic protectors after reading another response to your post. I looked at my plastics and noticed some minor chipping of the paint already (150ish games in). Glad you asked this question.

#6749 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I get mine tomorrow!
I'm hoping for good things!!!
Just wanna make sure my flippers are tight and then hit the start button! Anything outside of the obvious that I should "absolutely" take a look at before hitting that start button?
Anyone!?

Make sure to repeatedly try the super skill shot to ensure that the ball gets around that top loop consistently. I had to adjust my launch solenoid angle, as well as the shooter ramp and open a ticket for the orbit lane guide(?) replacement (which not all games needed, apparently). All relatively easy fixes and CGC was quick to respond with help and advice.

2 weeks later
#6945 4 years ago

Anyone have an issue where, when the mothership/destroy the saucer shot is made, it registers as a locked ball? Probably happens only one in 15 or 20 times but I’m wondering if there’s a small tweak that can be made.

#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check that the subway switch under the playfield isn't sticking or the plunger on the left VUK isn't occasionally blocking the optos, sticking up or not going down far enough.
LTG : )

Will do. Thanks LTG!

3 weeks later
#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys ... Update!
The ball replacement guide from CGC has completely solved the issue. Every single time, the ball is able to make it up to the pop bumpers now.
However... holding the left flipper down does not always guarantee the ball is able to orbit around to the left flipper. Might this suggest a separate issue or is it that you cannot always successfully get an opportunity at the super skill shot?

I found that, on mine, I had to adjust the Launch plunger angle (in relation to the ball). Take the apron off and check the angle. Think of it in relation to a pool cue hitting the ball. Mine was lined up to hit the ball on top and a little right. You want it square in the center. I actually had to shim under the back of the plunger solenoid to get it right. Made a huge difference. Between that, the guide replacement and the launch ramp angle adjustment, I haven’t had a failed orbit launch in a couple of hundred games.

1 week later
#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Ah. My fault! “Plastic” protectors...
Do most install these?

I did and I’m glad I went that route. I noticed chipping on plastics artwork from air balls and such after only a couple of months. I personally think they enhance the GI lighting as well.

3 weeks later
#7192 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Personally, my "floor" is destroying the first 2 saucers. That usually means I've hit around 2 billion, and I won't be mad at myself.
A "decent" game is around 4-5 billion.
A "good" game is 8-10 billion.
A "breakout" game is anything above 10 billion. At the moment, it takes about 11-12 to get on the leaderboard.
My PB is 17 billion. I managed to light RTU, then got so excited and distracted by that blue insert next to the SOL scoop that I promptly drained my last ball after horribly misreading a dead bounce, so TEX is still The Man on my machine.

This mirrors my experience almost exactly as far as scoring. I managed 17b at some point (not sure how, exactly) though that was a fluke. Someday, Tex. Some. Damn. DAY!

#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

What setting do most use?

After reading through this entire forum while waiting for my LE to arrive, it seems like -2 is the most common setting. Balls were flying off the ramps at default power. I agree that the saucer shot is pretty weak if it’s going straight in. Seems to be a result of the hole placement and the “droopy” design position of the flippers. I feel like It has made me a better player, however.

3 weeks later
#7301 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I am sure this has been discussed before. However, just wanting fresh feedback. I played an original WMS/Bally AFM on location recently. The feel it had was remarkably different. Just a ROCK SOLID feeling compared to the remake which in my opinion feels hollow. Basically, my AFMr feels like a Stern. You know what I mean.
I have an old WCS 94 next to it that also feels like so much more of a quality cabinet in comparison.
The cabinets for the remakes, are they made by the same company that makes them for Stern perhaps?

I’m with the majority here in that I feel exactly the opposite. My AFMr is the first game I’ve owned and now when I go out and play various sterns on location, they feel kind of cheap and clunky to me. Even the premiums. Could be the HUO vs routed machines, but I’m not sure I’d ever purchase an NIB stern, considering.

3 weeks later
#7321 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have owned this machine for about 4 months. I can't seem to break much about 2 billion and have yet to get a high score.
Need some point scoring strategies

I’ve found that, for me, the best opportunity to rack up points is to get super jets activated, go for total annihilation and concentrate on Getting as many shots as possible into the orbits/pop bumpers while looking for an opportunity to hit that center orbit/ball lock shot to collect the annihilation jackpot. Seems like I can get at least a billion nearly every time if I don’t choke. 3 billion is my best with that strategy.

2 weeks later
#7363 4 years ago

Ahhhh Tex...you have mocked me for far too long sir! But tonight your rule has ended.
Embarrassed to say how many games it took so I won’t but, damn, it felt good!

AB510AC4-5457-4BD0-9A40-B87195782563 (resized).jpegAB510AC4-5457-4BD0-9A40-B87195782563 (resized).jpeg
#7365 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Tex can suck it...There's a new king in town!

Thanks pinballinreno! It’s good to (finally!) be king.

1 month later
#7759 4 years ago

Since the day my machine arrived, and through all the mods I’ve added, I couldn’t help but think that something, or someone, was missing. Today, the TRUE master of the attack finally showed his face...

A1478444-D2C4-494E-98E4-40E6DC70E981 (resized).jpegA1478444-D2C4-494E-98E4-40E6DC70E981 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 79.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hop721.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.