pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkfanz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8878 3 years ago

Getting my AFMr from the newest run hopefully this week. Distributer only got a handful to sell and they’re sold as SEs. That would be a nice surprise but I highly doubt it’s different without telling anyone.

#8886 3 years ago

Wanted to follow up that the new batch they just made is the same. Just got mine a few days ago. My only complaint is that my 10 year old is a lot better at it than I am!

IMG-3788 (resized).jpgIMG-3788 (resized).jpg
#8891 3 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with the Cointaker Bally/Williams Remake mirror blades? Was about to install these but the OCD in me is having a hard time with how the holes just don't seem like they're cut in the right spot (too low) for this machine. Also, it's bolt doesn't have to be tightened over the mirror to support it does it? Hole seems much bigger and off center from what I was hoping for.

61797 (resized).jpg61797 (resized).jpg
#8893 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have them on my AFMr, mmr and had them on my mbR. I had no issues with fit. The bolt doesn’t support it, the screws in the lower portion of the blades do.

Thanks. I saw in an earlier post your mirror blades fit perfectly (no gap) not like how mine would look installed. Where’d you buy yours?

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't remember who I bought them from, but I had a similar issues with the first set of mirror blades I got for my first AFMr. Ended up getting a refund.
Edit: Yep... From cointaker.
See post 6085.

Thanks I think I'll return and get a better fitting set.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think planetary pinball sells the actual blades used on the LE. They look a little different to the cointaker ones I think. Not sure they will fit an SE/CE but I assume they will fit better.

Agreed. I don't see a reason the LE blades wouldn't fit on the SE or CE. I'll order these. Thanks!
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-MIRBLDR
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-MIRBLDL

1 week later
#8933 3 years ago

Get the Planetray Pinball mirror blades! They fit absolutely perfect. Glad I returned the others from Cointaker. Picked up 3/8” flat head #4 screws and spent about an hour on something that should have taken me 15 minutes but that’s the cost of my OCD.

JPEG image (resized).jpegJPEG image (resized).jpeg
#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did they not come with screws?

They did not. Probably my only complaint.

#8946 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Left the AFMLE club today, and my football team lost in the finals... sad sad day.

I’m sorry for your loss.

1 week later
#8989 3 years ago

Having issues where the ball goes in the air immediately after hitting the metal on launch. This causes the ball to not always make it to the pop bumpers. The metal is not perfectly flush with the wood and there is some give to push down. Do I simply tighten the screws on top or do I need to take the ramp off to adjust this. Why are there two pieces of metal combined here? Thanks for any help!

JPEG image 2 (resized).jpegJPEG image 2 (resized).jpeg

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd do that and gently bend it down a little.
LTG : )

Just wanted to say thanks for the help! Bending that piece down seemed to be all it needed to have a nice consistent launch. Easy fix until the screw fell in a spot that was tough to get

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Curious if any of the classic owners would be interested in something like this. I ran the “classic” text as a test cut, but can do any word. Showing the “Bally” as an example of what it looks like on the machine. Obviously I can’t sell that wording as I don’t have the rights, but wanted to see if there was interest out there before going making any more.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You probably can’t sell Bally but maybe you could sell ally that comes with a free B?!

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone, I wanted to share this set of Attack From Mars Side Art Blades I hand-drew and have available in my shop.

Check them out here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork
Officially licensed from Williams/Bally

Fits ALL Attack From Mars pinball machines.

– Attack From Mars Remake (Chicago Gaming – Classic, Special, and Limited Editions)

– Attack From Mars Original (Williams)
• Printed on thick Matte White Opaque Air Egress/Perm, high-quality vinyl.
• 
The Air-Egress vinyl adhesive we use makes for easy and forgiving installation, even if you have never installed them before.

• Printed with vibrant, fade-resistant colors.
• 
The textured, matte laminate will also minimize the number of reflections from the Playfield lights.
• Die-Cut hole in each blade to accommodate backbox hinge bolt for easy installation.
Set of two pre-cut decals (one for each side).

• Customers have reported being able to install these in less than 15 minutes.
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ON THESE! Already shipped out a large batch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! I wonder how the girl found time to change during the alien invasion

*edit: after closer inspection I now realize the side blades depict the original translite girl while your alternate translite introduced a redhead!

#9034 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yep, no offense to your art work, but wish the alternate translight had the blond girl character to match the original better. Really like the new blade artwork but I have mirror blades already. Good luck!

When I replaced the original with the alternate translite my 7 year old daughter was really sad because she thought the original girl was prettier. I also wish he kept the original girl but I really love the work compared to the 90s photoshop original.

4 months later
#9316 3 years ago

Is there a way to reset the game after my youngest kid presses start 4 times then runs away after a minute?!

#9320 3 years ago

Thank you both!

#9322 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cycle the power.

Probably the easiest option. I love how this machine really has a quick startup.

3 months later
#9441 2 years ago

I used small electrical tape on the glass but like your clever way to do this!

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Stick a 1" piece of nylon tie under the plastic glass channel that holds the glass, mid way up the playfield.
Maybe put it in 2 locations.
This works really well.
Experiment with small or large thicknesses.
Ive had good results with just a piece of a tiny one with the head cut off.
Lift the channel a little, Poke it in with a toothpick or a nylon razor blade.
Nothing too aggressive.
When done you cant see it at all.

1 month later
#9556 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Mickspinball.com is now offering a limited edition Topper Kit for both the Classic or Special Edition CGC AFMr remakes. The Topper is a Big O Jiggly Martian with Red LED eyes flying his own flying saucer. The saucer has multi-colored flashing porthole lighting on both the top and bottom. It comes fully assembled, is plug & play and installs in just a couple of minutes.
Details can be found on my website at: https://www.mickspinball.com/afm-saucer-topper-kit
[quoted image]
The Kit size is 4" by 4" by 4" (H/W/D). This topper is perfect for those that have a low ceiling.
If you are interested in installing the Kit on the Original Bally AFM or another machine, contact me for special instructions on how to install.
As mentioned, this is a limited edition Kit and will be discontinued once it is sold out.

Have any pics from further away where we could see how it looks on the machine? Looks awesome btw!

2 months later
#9682 2 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

What a super fun and awesome way to join the AFMr owner's club. Got my LE delivered this morning. Thanks so much STI. I appreciate you using forks directly under my game and treating it with such care. After I've done 70+ transactions with you in a year, thanks for taking great care of my special game. I'm not angry at all. I love the new look of the leg. It's fantastic.... I love paying $600 for such a well cared for delivery.............
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On the upside it will be very easy to tilt/nudge!

#9687 2 years ago

Anyone ever had any issues with their motor bank down switch? I got an alert a month or so ago and I fixed it by manually pressing a few times. Just got the alert again and wondering if I can get away with adjusting it or if I need to replace the switch entirely. I've got extra switches on hand but I've never soldered before...

#9693 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Buy an affordable soldering iron and a roll of soldering core and watch a couple YouTube vids on basic soldering. I was in the same situation, and was hesitant to solder my own pins. I practiced on some extra wire, just twisting two pieces together and then soldering them. After a few of those I felt pretty good about it. Soon I was soldering new optos and switches and other basic repairs. Later learned to reflow and other things. It’s fun once you learn it!

I'm definitely going to have to do this! I love working with electronics. I ended up taking the switch out but didn't see anything obviously wrong with it so put it back in and it's working again but we'll see how long that holds up this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkfanz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=hawkfanz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.