pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eagleeyemma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1664 6 years ago

Joining the club with number 596 with black trim. Been reading everything you guys have been putting and I noticed that some of my plastic have those cracks. How do I go about obtaining new ones? Awesome pin. Fyi they had put Mylar in problem area on this one. I ordered cliffys just in case.

15131214538371670612901 (resized).jpg15131214538371670612901 (resized).jpg

#1687 6 years ago

Im actually having the same problem. Hope taking that washer away helps. It stops before reaching the drop area for the bumpers more than half the time.

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

So my AFMR is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.
Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.
Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

I leveled mine at 7.2 degrees and left everything else the way it was. Its probaly set up to play alittle faster but my 4 year old daughter has no problems playing it. Congrats on the puechase.

#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

So I found the solution for my problem about failed launches. I hope this isn't prior knowledge that I am repeating but after getting my game that was plagued with the problem almost half the time I started a ball, my searches were pretty skimpy. I hope this may help someone in here who receives their game and runs into the same problem. This is a video link that shows my original issue. Keep in mind I ramble on throwing out ideas and thoughts on why its doing it. However, if you watch the first minute, you will see my first two launches fail and get the gist of what is going on.
» YouTube video
I created a support ticket through the CGC website and was quickly contacted. After watching the video the tech insisted that the ball was hitting the wireform and thought it was a combination of a misaligned auto launch kicker and a wireform/habitrail that sat too low. I skeptically adjusted the kicker, which helped some and then shimmed the connector for the habitrail ever so slightly higher. I have since played 25 games without one failed launch.
Below shows a photo of the screw that can be shimmed. I used a couple of #8 washers but a nylon spacer in black or white would probably look the best. I am so thankful it was such a simple fix. I'm loving the game and am very thankful for the help offered.

Thank God I read though all the posts again and saw this because this is exactly what happening on mine. I must have slipped number 25 in the posts. Crossing my fingers this works

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

No, But I think I have finally got what was causing my issue. After getting the alignment vertically with the plunger on the ball (by Bending slightly on the bracket), I was still getting an erratic ball launch (ball seemed to just wobble off the top of the shooter ramp). I removed the metal ramp at the end of the shooter lane (yes the one with the rivets). I determined that my ball wasn't hitting the rivets it was jumping too high off of that metal ramp. My ramp has a small crease about three quarters up where the ramp goes from an angle to flat. That crease was acting like a speed bump making the ball jump off the ramp instead of rolling off causing the erratic ball behavior entering the top of the playfield. I just smoothed that out with counter bend (opposite way as the crease)
Now the ball rolls off the ramp like should when its shot. IMHO I would try this before redrilling any holes and repositioning that ramp. My balls are launching correctly now at high setting.

Well I looked at mine and it was defiantly the ramp was bent. Used a socket attention and pushed down a couple times in that crease and now it work 100 percent. However before and after I did this the ramp is off the playfield at top of the ramp that's under the metal guide and sticks out under the guide ramp too. Thanks for you update because I think it finally fixed it.

20171219_091432 (resized).jpg20171219_091432 (resized).jpg

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

No, But I think I have finally got what was causing my issue. After getting the alignment vertically with the plunger on the ball (by Bending slightly on the bracket), I was still getting an erratic ball launch (ball seemed to just wobble off the top of the shooter ramp). I removed the metal ramp at the end of the shooter lane (yes the one with the rivets). I determined that my ball wasn't hitting the rivets it was jumping too high off of that metal ramp. My ramp has a small crease about three quarters up where the ramp goes from an angle to flat. That crease was acting like a speed bump making the ball jump off the ramp instead of rolling off causing the erratic ball behavior entering the top of the playfield. I just smoothed that out with counter bend (opposite way as the crease)
Now the ball rolls off the ramp like should when its shot. IMHO I would try this before redrilling any holes and repositioning that ramp. My balls are launching correctly now at high setting.

Good find. After looking at my ramp that hump was drastic. I used 1/4 inch extention and pushed down on it to level it out some. Now it works 100 percent. However before and after I did this I noticed at the front of this ramp that it can be pushed down and it comes back up. Dont think it supposed to move at all.
The ramp also....in my opinion... sticks out too far in the right out lane and might be affecting peoples right lane shots (See pic). Does anyone elses do this? Either way mine is fixed for now..

20171219_091432 (resized).jpg20171219_091432 (resized).jpg

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from OldRon:

Does anyone know if Pinbits plastic protectors for afm fit the Attack From Mars Remake.

I was told they do. Also is anyone has these can someone post a pic. Been wanting to buy the green ones and-or possibly the green and red combo

1 week later
#2145 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lower the flipper strength.
LTG : )

I have a question. I have my afmr leveled and set to 7.2 degrees with min flipped power and I'm still getting air balls non stop. I kinda like the air balls but the playfield is taking too much abuse. Is there something I can do to fix this?

#2208 6 years ago

So this was one of my complaints with the flipper power and did not seem that it was being adjusted when I even put it to min flipper power. I just recently noticed that i have tons of ball dimples all over the playfield due to the air balls non stop. Even with the flipper setting set to min. And leveled at 7.2 degrees I still get the air balls. So I will be setting the flipper strength back to default like told by cgc but my question is now that my playfield has dimples/damage all over the place what/How will this be fixed. New playfield probably not. Kinda disappointed that I paid this kind of money and I have dimples all over the playfield.

#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Dimples are completely normal. All playfields have dimples. If there are enough they start to merge together so the playfield actually looks smooth.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

Never owned a nib pin so good to know and this is a great read. I just get a crap load of airballs and noticed the dimples so o kinda was like wow. Thanks for posting this bc it make me feel better knowing that I got my money worth and on a side note cgc has been awesome to deal with.

1 week later
#2570 6 years ago

Has anyone of you ever bought a new vehicle? I have and there were recalls and etc. It's expected and afm le had some problems but cgc was right on the ball. Totally pleased with cgc and the pin.

1 week later
#2730 6 years ago

So my wife was vacuuming and she accidentally hit the cab. What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

20180120_165601 (resized).jpg20180120_165601 (resized).jpg

7 months later
#5757 5 years ago

So i have been checking every day, for the last 2 months, for the eat at eddys mod and I saw it was avaliable for the original but not the remake. Of course I didn't not buy it because I figured it would it fit. Then I was told I could have bought it and it would have worked because mezel includes both connectors. I went back and they were sold out. Dope......(Homer Simpson)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eagleeyemma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=eagleeyemma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.