20211007_080549 (resized).jpg
20211007_080539 (resized).jpg
20211007_080557 (resized).jpg
IMG_1982 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1989 (resized).JPEG
20211004_141404 (resized).jpg
0B4A9E7C-7E4D-42C1-912D-2294E312E2A2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (4 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (4 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (4 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (4 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (4 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (4 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (4 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Its crazy how many havent played afm after being in the hobby for 3,4 and 5 years. Such a great game that everyone sld own at least once.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

You won't regret it I got my Se set up today it is fantastic. Plays identical to the original but with better lighting and sound. The XL DMD is beautiful. Got to say Chicago gaming has it together great communication great product and the warranties are longer than any other maker. Awesome game I am loving it.

The lighting is basically the same if the original has been upgraded with leds (most have) . Only real difference is the strobe between them which in case the original is much brighter . I love the upgraded graphics tho and they did a good job on the remake for sure. Enjoy it as its a great game....

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

curious what's the going rate for LE and SE pins? Do you need to pay for shipping or is that included like most Stern pins?

I believe the se is around 7600 shipped and le is around 8300 shipped.....

#68 4 years ago

sunlight with a few reds in the back work really well in afm gi.... cool white didnt fit real well imo bc afm uses alot of warmer color in the art.

2 weeks later
#147 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Got the Cliffy's installed today on my AFMr SE.
In order to install the Cliffy SOL front/back protector, I had to remove/relocate the cow ramp, ramp protectors, posts, and a mini-saucer cap. Also, the SOL ball guide had to be removed and to do so, you've got to temporarily disconnect a couple wire harnesses (no big deal). Lastly, I had to hammer/chisel out the Mantis protector from the SOL. The Mantis protector popped right out with a couple light taps. In my opinion, the Cliffy offers just a bit more protection above the lips of the SOL. The Mantis protector only protects around the inside of the SOL. Don't get me wrong, they mylar'd the heck out of the playfield in these areas, but why not bulletproof it, right?
The 3-bank drop target Cliffy installed with no issues, as did the shooter lane, and rollovers.
The mothership Cliffy had one hole on the front right that did NOT quite line up with the metal ball guide (above the playfield) which guides the ball downward on a shot intended to destroy the saucer. The hole in the Cliffy was about 1/4" too far forward from the actual hole in the playfield. And after the 3-bank drop target was installed, I had to raise the 3-bank drop target a bit so the ball doesn't ever get stuck on the small width of the Cliffy (now above the playfield) whenever the 3-bank recesses into the playfield per regular play.
In review, I would absolutely recommend Cliffy protectors for the 3-bank and the mothership if you really want to protect those areas from abuse.
You can still follow most of the install instructions on Cliffy's site, so not much has changed there.
Be advised, you're going to need to temporarily remove ramps, martians, the mothership, plastics, posts, and there is some disconnecting of harnesses in order to access what you need to get at to do the install of all pieces. It was about a 3-hour job (by myself) to install while taking a lot of pictures along the way.

Definitely a must if u want to keep the playfield perfect.....nice write up.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's just the strobe, which doesn't happen all that often.

It sld go off when ship is hit and when it blows up also.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

OK folks. I want to put this whole strobe thing to rest. I just played a game in the dark, with the strobe at Max brightness on my new LE. It was so bright and so disorienting that I’m actually dizzy right now. I’m going back to default for my own health
It’s literally the brightest thing I’ve ever experienced and strobe multiball was so disorienting that I basically drained all of the balls within seconds it was so bright.
The setting is there if you need it, but I really cannot imagine how you’d ever want it that bright!
Marc

Thats what makes it awesome..... if it isnt bright u can't see the balls.

#196 4 years ago

Still have one question.... does the backbox gi only go out during strobe mb? Or does it go out every time the playfield gi goes out ?

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s crazy. Fun mode.

Yea in a completely dark environment it csn really mess with you.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all,
Just unboxed. I am not particularly picky but had a question about a couple little blemishes on my playfield. I don't think there're ball marks (I have a few, but these spots look like they're in the clearcoat). I didn't have time to take the glass off but I'll try to tomorrow. Normal?
I otherwise love the game and can't imagine opening a ticket over this. Just wondering though. I took the pictures with the light just right. You usually can't even notice them.

Did a screw start to push threw? Or is just a small bubble in the clear?

#286 4 years ago

Xpo damaged my nib jjp also

2 weeks later
#421 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you hit "ENTER" and go into Williams stuff ? 1.0 is the last Williams update.
Or hold the "ESCAPE" button down for five seconds or more to get into the CGC menu ? First page has what version is in your game.
Just wanted to check to save updating if you didn't have to.
LTG : )

How about 1.13 code with all the fixes?

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Current on their website is 1.0.0.
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

Sorry i meant the original afm 1.13 with all the fixes ?

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No way to put that in AFMR.

O ok.... i was wondering.

#426 4 years ago

So bc its using the original 1.0 is it missing all these fixes from 1.1?

Version 1.1 Date: June 10, 1996 G11: Checksum: 4E11 Changes from revision 1.0: The Loop/Gate has been modified to kick balls out of the trough immediately, and to kick balls out of the shooter lane immediately. Completing the MARTIAN targets when they are available but when the Martian Attack feature cannot be enabled (i.e. when Rule The Universe is lit) now awards 1 Martian Bomb instead of nothing. The five way combo was being audited for every combo past the fifth (i.e. 6, 7, 8, ..., etc). This has been corrected. Fixed the Ball Save adjustment to enable turning off ball saves. Modified some display and lamp effects. 100 billion scores and higher now display properly in high score to date, status report, and attract mode. The maximum shot value during Total Annihilation was changed from 500 million to 250 million. Total bonus is now displayed in the status report. In version 1.0, if super jets was running and a loop shot was completed (i.e. all three lights solid), a shot to the loop would divert the ball to the jets. This is not a bug, rather, a feature. This behavior has been changed so that a ball shot to a completed loop will not be diverted to the jets (thus making the 5-way combo a bit easier to obtain). A "dirty pool" feature was added. If an attack wave is not running, and the motorized 3-bank is up, and the center trough switch (behind the drop target) is made, the player is credited with the next attack wave. This feature is awarded only once per player, per game. Stroke of Luck is now enabled via the bottom lanes even when it cannot be collected (i.e. during multiball). It still can't be collected during multiball, of course, but when multiball ends, Stroke of Luck will be lit if enabled in this way. If Super Jets was running when Rule the Universe was started, there was no way to start Rule the Universe again on the same ball (since super jets is a "until end of ball" feature). If this case is detected, the super jets light is now spotted.

#427 4 years ago

Also is it missing all these from 1.13?

Version 1.13: This beta ROM is a version of software released from Williams for testing purposes. It is "free play only". It will not take money to do pay-for-play.Version 1.13B: This is the same as 1.13, but allows for "coin play" (not free-play only).Changes since version 1.1:Addition: Some lamp effects have been added.Bug fix: "Light Extra Ball" random award was being counted in the "Random EB Lit" audit twice. This has been fixed.Bug fix: Coin door open display message no longer interferes with bonus.Bug fix: When the timed super jackpot in the main multiball mode was running when Rule The Universe mode was started, the super jackpot was being forgotten, which resulted in no super jackpot being lit during the Rule the Universe mode. This has now been fixed.Change: A larger 8mb ROM chip is now required for this software version.Change: The video mode extra ball is now no longer being percentaged. If extra ball(s) are available, it should now always come out on, or about, the 30th saucer during the mode.Change: Ball search has been sped up.Change: Firing strength of the jet bumpers has been decreased, which will help preserve the condition and lifespan of the red pop bumper skirts (often damaged on this game

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not an official Williams release for all games.
So their license agreements probably limited them to 1.0

O wow thats not good.... lots missing especially from 1.1. . .... but a fair amount of changes between the 2 missing updates. Big ones are dirty pool and lighting effects but all very important imo.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And maybe lots not working. There must have been a reason Williams never released it beyond beta testing.

Never heard any complaints on 1.13 and mine plays perfect. Cant believe dirty pool isnt even in there. Plus its lots of bug fixes missing. O well another reason to keep what i have i guess. Im guessing its the same thing with mm also and all remakes from here on out .

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry, I did make a mistake.
AFMR has 1.1 for the Williams software, not 1.0
I confused it with MMR.

Awesome ... that makes a huge difference.....

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sounds like plastic protectors will me a must....are these the same as original AFM? Best source?

Dont believe plastic protectors will help this issue as it looks to be a printing issue with the plastics.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Love this game, Need club advice...
I already have MMR, IM and Met.
Can help but notice some of you do too!
The game room won't fit much more cap'n ..did you consider AFMr too similar or just go for it?

Had all them as well and then some .... sold im and just sold mb as well. They all do play similar especially met, mm , and afm but i have many other different pins to keep things changed up. Not sure id want to have mm, afm, met and im all in one collection tho bc they play fairly similar imo.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

Man I really want one. Why must this hobby be so expensive?

Plenty of pins for everyone....... im not a wealthy person at all but i have accumulated a nice collection over the years. Ive bought .... fixed up and sold alot of pins to get what i want.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Set up at 6.6 degrees, and this thing is a drain monster! What are you guys dialed in at?

Thats just afm.... its much more difficult than mm especially the outlanes..... mine are still at factory in the middle and you really have to nudge alot.... or make your shots lol.

#506 4 years ago

I have my original set around 7-7.2 degrees
... it plays mean for sure

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Had to walk away from the game today... Maybe I got to used to MM... Maybe I just flat out suck at pinball... But the drains in this game are absolutely punishing!
My average score is like 2-3 billion... Get my ass handed to me haha!

Its definitely more difficult and punishing when u miss shots compared to mm ..... that's y i like it lol . The code and difficulty are better imo.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey guys,
I'm jacked to be joining the club, possibly later today if things work out.
Around extra protection, whats the consensus?
I was thinking moving target and mothership and ramps?
Do I need SOL and switch protection in the outholes or lanes?
Thanks!

No need for ramp ones as they are protected from factory on original and remake. I wld defenitly add all the others .

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im getting some random firing of the diverter when the slings are fully engaged during a game.
Maybe the switch is set too close in the diverter?
Ill try pounding on the PF during a game to see if I can replicate the behavior.
I hope its not a short...

Dont believe there is a switch in the diverter? Sld be computer controlled i believe?

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the "lock" hole.
LTG to confirm, is that what you meant?

No protection for the lock hole bc the original never had issues there. Mine is perfect and has a shit ton of plays. This new clearcoat tho seems to chip much easier no matter the maker. U have any pics?

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just curious to know how you guys aligned your flippers. I know the rule of thumb is to put the back (without rubber) against a toothpick in the flipper alignment hole. However, when I do that on this game, it's sort of droopy. Curious to know how you guys did it.
Also, at 6.8 degrees I'm getting a lot of air balls, and the side drains are almost constant.
Any advice?

Turn the flipper strength down? Set up to 7- 7.2 degrees?

#701 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And after posting that, I was itching for game, so went and played one quickie.
What a game! 21mil, beat Mars, and only needed Martian Attack to finish (which I missed by one shot earlier).
Sooooooo sooooooo close! Is it like Medieval Madness where after completing all tasks you start Battle for the Kingdom, or do you RTU once you do all objectives?

U closed up the outlanes? That definitely makes things easier to accomplish huh?

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Don't feel bad...right there with you....just walked away from the damn thing...a definite love hate relationship at the moment. My timing on this game just sucks right now.....machine is awesome, however...very, very glad I grabbed one..

Have had my afm over a year with thousands of plays and i have yet to rtu or even beat mars for that matter . Factory settings with 7.1 angle. Game is fast and brutal . Anyone that has played mine has failed horribly lol.

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good to know others are getting slayed, as well!!!....started a thread about most brutal game out there, mentioned AFMRLE, and got smacked down. I know I'm an average player at best, but this thing is currently kicking the crap out of me!!!

Nope everyone that has played mine has said its crazy difficult and fast. I just tried again after that last post and well .... 5 games in 10 min lol. Very frustrating but thats why its mu favorite pin of all time. I do have mine set up pretty difficult with the outlanes and very very sensitive slings.... also waxed regularly.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Changing the flipper angle makes it easier to trap the ball but you can still make all of the shots.
All it really does is alter the game to play differently than intended from the designer.
The classic game has the flippers set centered.
However, Its your game and you should set them however you want. Its one of the benefits of owning the game.
On my WOZ I have the flippers set 3/64" up from factory to allow for better ramp shots from the right flipper.
Its part of the dialling in process as well as setting the game pitch. Each game plays slightly different.

On my original afm its very difficult to trap the ball which is the way its supposed to be if flippers are adjusted correctly.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Question for y'all...
This has happened once in a while, but just now happened about six times in a row:
The force field is down, the callouts indicate that the saucer is one shot from being destroyed. A shot goes right up the middle and disappears... And I get awarded a lock. Twice just now I managed to actually get awarded the multiball for three successive shots to the saucer. Before I open a ticket, is this normal behavior?

There's a wire gate in the lock/ saucer subway that can get stuck up or bent ... which can cause this issue. Check it out...

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The factory setting (bat aligned on toothpick) seems droopy, but I'm starting to think it might play better than raising the flippers (rubber on toothpick) like I have it now.
I'm at about 6.8 degrees, but I think I need to raise it up more.

The game is designed to use lower set flippers. so u can make shots better and not trap up as easily.....

1 week later
#875 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I can't imaging getting a score like that (especially now that we have that flipper delay). I would be tickled to get a 4rth of that score.

Set your pin up eaiser like others have and its much easier to get higher scores.

3 weeks later
#1027 3 years ago

Rock custom kit ties into different flashers for a great interactive experience.

4 weeks later
#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Any clue where this piece came from? Found it under my right martian on the playfield.....can't seem to find it's home.....thanks...mark

a better pic:

Top of right ramp i believe....where it screws into wireform.. not sure how ot wld come out unless the screws also came out..

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll turn the lights on and pull the glass....tommorrow......playing fine right now..looks important, but man , not seeing anything missing..

Lol. ..who knows ... looks like the piece i mentioned tho

#1271 3 years ago

Still pretty sure it goes on the right ramp....i dont think its a huge deal but it is there for some reason.

#1273 3 years ago

20171123_190454 (resized).png

#1289 3 years ago

Glad to help.....

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pic 2:
Mystery metal installed after removing the (2x) TIGHT screws, in between plastic and threaded metal base. Snugged the screws back

Crazy.... wonder how and where it was ....

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone have any info on what changes have been made to the clear coating in present day machines versus what was being used in the 90s.
I've seen countless posts where people have complained about brand new games showing signs up chipping almost right out of the box. This is not just AFM. I've recently seen posts on JJP games and others.
I have Cliffy's on my MMR and AFMR now, but I have to order two drain protectors as I was getting chipping on both sides. My AFMR has less than 200 plays.

Unfortunately its just how it is with the new thick clearcoat used now.

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Silly question - How are the Solenoid Tests supposed to work on AMFr?
From Menu, I select "T.4 Solenoid Test"
I can flip thru the various coils, but NO COILS actually fire, except 33 & 34 (Right & Left Gates). Is this typical; I kind of expected the coils to individually fire when selected?
Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Need to pull high voltage door switch out....

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My game came from the factory with a mantis type protector in the sol hole. Is more protection there really needed?

The area behind mothership drop target takes a beating and starts to chip quickly. Also in front of drop bank can chip over time. Apparently few people have had chipping in ball lock scoop and drain area but on my original i have no issues in those 2 areas.

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

AFMR is 2017 game of the year!

Its from 1995 tho.... only new pins sld be eligible for game of the year imo.

#1512 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If they do the MBr, wonder how they are going to: address the scoop issue (ball bashing the shit out of the edge of the scoop) and the Drac Trac (balls just pounding on that open cut) I guess you could protect the Drac Trac with Mylar... and maybe put a post along the side of the scoop to take the hits....

Had a restored one and as long as there is mantis type protector and mylar then it will be fine.

1 week later
#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's why B/W redesigned it It was a poor design. The stars need to align for it to work 100%. This is why the high-end restorers make the big bucks when restoring pinball machines.
My GNR has a similar awful design. In GNR's case, the precise location of the switch can be problematic (triggering the plunger too soon or too late). That's yet another benefit of the redesign...they unified the switch, plunger, and bracket.
snaroff

I have basically a huo afm and plunger works perfectly every time.... wonder what is different on afmr....

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

whthrs166, do you have a picture of how it looks now?

Pictures really dont do it justice or give the 3d effect.

#1961 3 years ago

Don't forget the launch button is used during video mode(kills everything on screen) and also Martian bombs.....

#1965 3 years ago

Yep if u can get to the mothership with your launch button bomb left.... it kills it .

#1966 3 years ago

Sometimes when you shoot the Big-O-Beam, a cow is displayed and a female voice says: "Would you look at the size of that cow?!" and a moo is heard. 
Sometimes when you shoot the Tractor Beam, a cow is beamed up. (View animation).DOHO is also seen in this animation. 
Whenever one of these animations appears, hit the Launch button repeatedly for lots of mooing sounds. Do this for both of the ramps and then the next Video mode will be Cow Attack Video mode, where the 
saucers has been replaced with mooing cows.

At very rare occasions one of the saucers in Saucer Attack Video mode will be replaced with the number 3. The smart bomb (see below) has no effect on the "3" and nothing happens when it reaches the ground, it just disappears below the horizon. The programmers added this easter egg as a "homage" to a bug in the ST:TNG video mode which replaces the items in the tunnels with a "3".

Shoot the same Martian during Martian Multiball five times consecutively. Skull from No Fear appears saying "Again!"

Smart bomb: Press Launch button during Video mode to clear screen (works only once).

Tournament mode: Insert credits and hold both flipperbuttons for a couple of  seconds before you press Start. The display will confirm that the next game will be in Tournament mode (Stroke of Luck award
will always be 50M).

"Eat at Eddy´s" can be seen on the backglass (designer Brian Eddy).

One of the default names in the Buy-In Score list is MOO.

The woman on the backglass is the secretary who worked in the reception at the WMS factory.

In the DMD animation for the Atomic Blaster Hurry Up there is a road sign passing by. This sign reads DOHO.

During Attract mode, press the following sequence:
B, 18L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 6L, 1R. That spells RCF and shows the credits for Attack from Mars

AFM 1.13: 
2L + 1R + 18L + 1R + 5L + 1R ; Moo sound, replaces video mode (ball in lane) 
12L + 1R + 6L + 1R + 19L + 1R 
1L + 1R + 2L + 1R + 3L + 1R 
6L + 1R + 13L + 1R + 3L + 1R ; "18" (attract mode)

Enter the tag MOO in the high score list and a nice "moo" will be heard.

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Only cliffs needed is the SOL hole and 3 bank target imo

Mothership one is important as that area takes a beating and some people have reported chipping after 50 or so games on afmr. If the original can look like this , id definitely put it on these newer playfields that tend to chip very easy at edges....06-Ready-repair (resized).jpg

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

My game has been kicking my ass the last few days and I noticed the right outlane was almost all the way open. I know it was not that way to begin with. I pushed on it and the post is loose. Can some one post or send me a picture of the factory locations? Would like to see both sides please.

Factory is in the middle....

1 week later
#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its only causing issues to those in the second batch, first batch was problem free from what I can see.

The prototype ones had the ball launch issue also....

1 week later
#2610 3 years ago

All 3 get old in a small collection....trust me. I had all 3 and 6 other pins and now only afm remains. Variety is a good thing imo . Reason y i only have 1 stern pin is bc they all feel basically the same imo.

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more on AFM/MM/MB...shit, I had all of them in a large collection and they got old
Sounds like you haven't played enough Sterns...Tron, AC/DC, and LOTR are all classics and very "different" games.
snaroff

Sorry meant most strens after 2011 feel very similar imo....

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Noticed decal starting to peel. Should I put some sort of glue or something over it so it doesn't get worse?

Looks like cab is starting to separate also at the joint like some stern pins were?

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

My splitting cabinet. The legs weren’t that tight so I wonder what caused that. Are all pinball cabinets put together with glue?

Crap construction /lack of glue. It sld not get much worse bc of the heavy duty leg brackets

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have no idea, but I've owned 40+ machines over the years and I've *never* had to glue a cabinet seam. Newly constructed cabinets shouldn't separate and adding glue to "fix" the separation doesn't sound right. Crazy.
snaroff

Agreed.... something has changed. Every b/w pin ive owned has been solid. Also this new stuff dont get near the abuse that the 90s pins had.

#2732 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So my wife was vacuuming and she accidentally hit the cab. What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

Dam decals......

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Ouch. It’s hard to tell from that image; is the decal ripped?

Unfortunately it dont take much to damage some decals ....

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

So yeah this just happened
My left wire ramp broke looks like it snapped off on the weld. Don’t know how that happened. Probably the way the ball flies around so damn fast. (Turned down coil to -5) Now my ball gets stuck when I shoot the lane. Opened up a ticket. Barely week old machine. Just my luck

From vuk /lock return

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This is an opinion. I have several "Finely Tuned" originals that I have owned for over 12 years. I don't agree. My AFMr LE will play just as good and it has improved cabinet and lighting just to name a few. There have been several people that have both the AFM original and the remake and say they cannot tell the difference between the game play. All my games play uniquely different so you can only compare them to each other so much...

Improved cabinet....that's first i heard that? I much perfer the silkscreened cab over the decals tho. Also lighting can be changed to leds on the original so not much difference there and i even can customize the original lighting even more so.

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I haven't seen any well restored MMs for $8500. I've seen one for $10,500 but with a Mirco pf which I'm not interested in.
If anyone hears of any nicely restored MMs, please let me know.

Sold mine few months ago for 9250... beautiful restored playfield and cab with tons of expensive mods including new lighted apron. Color dmd. Plexy lighted backboard. Upgraded sound. Lighted troll and dragon. Lighted pop up trolls and eyes. Lighted moat. All cliffys and mantis and many other smaller things.

#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'll have to keep my ear to the ground.

Did your have an original pf or Mirco?

Restored original playfield.... it was beautiful.

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just got strobe pinball with new LEDs as above. Had to share. Picture doesn’t do justice but shows the idea.

Thats not strobe mb with all that extra lighting... defeats the purpose .

3 weeks later
#4015 3 years ago

Heres my all original low play afm20180220_232104 (resized).jpg

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Orginal vs Remake

Wow thats way different

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Just saw a Denver CL ad for an original AFM and the colors in question look yellow.
denver.craigslist.org link

6500 lmao.... i paid that for my low play unfaded very modded afm years ago before the remake.

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Is it possible MB goes up in the pinside top 100 if the remake comes out? I'm trying to decide if I'll plan on getting MMr or MBrLE. AFMr, MMr and MBr are all similar in game layout ( fan ) and I don't think I have room for all 3, only 2.

Had all 3 at same time and only afm is left and it was here way before the other's. Afm is the best for flow, speed and code imo.

#4094 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Does anyone have a scan of the original epilepsy sticker . I would like to print one out.

I wld like to have this also

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are the saucer decals on the backboard standard on all models? I have them on my se, but I've seen pics of the LE without them.

Yes... early sanples didnt have them

#4285 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm not sure why everyone is assuming Monster Bash is going to be the next remake, I'm just wondering if I missed something. Personally, I have 0 interest in Monster Bash, while it does have an outstanding sound track (for the time) I just didn't find it a fun game to play, perhaps I'm missing something here as well.

No your not.... owned it for a while.... glad its gone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside