Topic Stats

• 8,557 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 257 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,636 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

218568B3-6D8E-476E-A73D-51EACAC45F26 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3998.JPG
CD2E6D3C-84F4-4C7B-A68A-AAD6194B9CD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3954.JPG
IMG_3955.JPG
cable (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00480 (resized).JPG
DSC00481 (resized).JPG
72D34C0F-AE2F-4E18-A4F1-AF46E888FBC1 (resized).jpeg
8AB2926C-7A00-459B-B22C-3B1E0FB5A81F.png
020F260B-079E-417B-A5BF-2E272AF0A795.jpeg
337E3514-95E4-4766-B9B5-FDD3D5CDA4C5.jpeg
IMG_20200510_134243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200510_134318 (resized).jpg
Shooter Lane Ramp.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (2 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (2 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ausretrogamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5102 2 years ago

Joined the AFMR LE club! When family and friends visit, there is a line to play it - they all love it.

AFMRLE (resized).png

2 months later
#5574 1 year ago

Wondering how many of you AFMR owners have changed to a custom logo (instead of the default Bally)?

01F2CE57-72A0-4C04-8B0D-FF7E857C013B (resized).jpeg
#5582 1 year ago

Now that is class! Simply beautiful!

#5583 1 year ago

Thank you to all on here for suggesting settings changes (you guys seriously all rock!) - I have adjusted the flipper strength to -3 and the incandescent lighting to medium on our AFMR LE and I reckon it's just about right. Was thinking to up the Shaker Motor and Strobe to MAX, but I don't want to scare away the kiddies - they love the machine. Oh yeah, TWD next to it is getting almost zero love.

IMG_9697 (resized).jpg
#5584 1 year ago

Just out of interest, who here has AFMR LE # 305 and # 307? I have # 306 (Melbourne, Aus). I think 305 may also be in Aus (Brisbane I think)? Interesting to see where these LEs end up around the world.

E7F28758-5D1D-4026-B0C5-9BB9D407598A (resized).jpeg
#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

#305 reporting in from Brisbane in glorious Queensland , and just about to get an Atomic Blaster mod,.. even though they say “it will never work”..

What a beauty!

#5593 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had this issue on my LE, left flipper too; it was driving me nuts. Almost stopped playing and selling the game altogether cause of it. I tried adjusting the flipper alignment, I tried 10 different pitch settings, I tried adjusting the lane guide and tightening screws while giving pressure to one direction. In the end...I found that one of the lane guide posts (top one of the 3) was too tight. The first few times I loosened it I didn't even notice. Loosening all 3 dramatically one day budged the post free, the little lip of it was caught under the lane guide. It's 99% good now so I'd recommend checking those lane guide posts. If you need a pic or further understanding let me know.
On another note; am I the only one who has flipper strength in the positive? I usually run it at +2 or +3 strength; then again, I am at 7.6 dig pitch so that may have something to do with it. Couldn't imagine playing it slower - game is brutal and I love it

Even at 7.6 degrees that some powerful flipper settings. Mine is at 6.5 deg and was getting contestant air balls (when flippers were set to default) making it hard to slow down the play & aim my shots. Since adjusting to -3 my play is quite consistent with better (higher) scores.

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#5805 1 year ago

The white glove treatment for my precious

06E89895-0258-491A-941E-687758BF1DDB (resized).jpeg
#5809 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

305 says Hi.. (just had the Eat at Eddy’s mod treatment)

*waves* hi!

Kudos on the EAE mod

1 week later
#5851 1 year ago
Quoted from Edster:

Joined the club last weekend. Got Martian Green. Owned an original years ago and I must say, this remake rocks. I think its better than the original. Never thought I would ever say that.

Welcome to the club (and you chose wisely re: trim colour )

3 weeks later
#5906 1 year ago
Quoted from New_England:

I don’t think it does. Is that something I can replace myself, or does the original owner need to do so under warranty?

The original owner would have had PIC 2.0 sent to them by their distro. All (original) owners of AFMR had this sent to them.

1 week later
#5953 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Soooooo,.. raised the ticket with CGC, and fast response as usual. It just turns out a wire to the switch has snapped,.. I must have my shaker and volume set to earthquake levels My original very careful checking first time around obviously suffered from 54 year old poor eyesight. Pushed the wire back in and the switch now responds. Hopefully they'll send me a replacement for the cable assembly.

Great outcome. I feel confident in a product when the manufacturer backs it with great support. Can't speak highly enough of CGC's customer support.

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just placed an order for a Classic Edition with the Color upgrade chip. The price drop put me over the edge. Looking forward to joining the club!

Congrats! You won't regret it

1 week later
#5967 1 year ago

A total noob question: how easy/difficult is it to move the posts down so I can stop it being a drain monster? Are there any little gotchas? All tips will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere here.

#5970 1 year ago

Thank you pinballinreno and LTG - you guys rock!

3 weeks later
#6079 1 year ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

A shout out to my AFMr LE distributor here in Aus.. Mr Pinball ... drop target stopped popping up, .. and turns out a wire was broken, and soldering fix was beyond my meagre skills,.. (a tricky one),.. I think CGC were a bit surprised that not everyone is a gun at soldering.
Wayne and crew at Mr Pinball managed to get it all sorted out, .. no fuss. I am now,.. returning too battle.
Btw, happily the way this game is designed, if the drop target doesn't work and stays down,.. the game is still very playable.

I’m rubbish at soldering too, so this is good to know

1 week later
#6136 1 year ago

I am not at my AFMR game right now, so I am hoping someone can let know how many balls AFMR has? I was about to put an order in for some Ball Baron Ninja balls, but couldn't recall if it was 4 (or more) balls. Thank you

2 weeks later
#6194 1 year ago

Since my younger nephew loves playing our AFMRLE, he gave us this awesome framed artwork for Christmas!

C68ACA0E-B8FD-42B7-9E73-B30481DB115A (resized).jpegCF3E80EE-BF2E-4149-8717-27432737A6AD (resized).jpeg
#6231 1 year ago

Time magazine needs to put ltg on its front cover!

1 week later
#6277 1 year ago

Finally moved the outlane posts down and wow, hardly any drains on those outlanes. About to install some new Ninja balls. Hope they help to get me to RTU

7AB79212-537D-4B15-A25B-A9D7884EB87C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

How many other “industries” have a service expert who supports their customers/owners via their company support line and through just about all days/hours of the week on a global enthusiast website?
Lloyd really helps keeping many of these machines working!!!

+1,000,000,000 for ltg - an absolute legend. Can't thank him enough to be honest.

1 week later
#6367 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Remake NIB owners. Did all versions of the game come with the manual?

Mine did, but it was version 1.4. I downloaded v1.5 and threw out the old one.

#6378 1 year ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Stopped by abarigamebar today. June 30th will mark two year anniversary and we should surpass 40,000 way before then.
[quoted image]

A great Return On Investment (minus any parts + labour)! At this rate my AFMRLE will outlast me

#6379 1 year ago

Whoa, love those flipper caps @pinballcaps

1 month later
#6500 1 year ago

PPS still have some in stock. But check with your local (Canadian) distributor.

3 weeks later
#6553 1 year ago
Quoted from Chappie101:

OK So I went to TPF my first show btw, it was awesome and I bought a full set of glow in the dark rubbers from Titan for my AFMr LE, I was thinking it would be fairly easy for a novice like me to install, but after taking a careful look at the manual and looking at where they all go (especially at the top) I'm left a little scared. It looks like I would basically have to take off everything on the play-field (ramps, plastics and even the main saucer!) to get to all the spots. Could somebody maybe help guide me or point to a YouTube video that would show how this is done. I'm now afraid I've bit off more than I can chew. Thanks for any help or advice you could give me it will be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.

In the same boat, so I’ll eagerly read what tips / references people will provide.

#6561 1 year ago
Quoted from Chappie101:

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys I really appreciate it! Modding is done for the day, I changed all the rubbers except under the rear ramp plastic like way2wyrd said, I also added Lermods under-cab lighting and backboard/trough combo lights, flipper decals and the decal for the force field. I feel proud of myself even though it took me all day. Next up will be the pingraffix powerbladez which I also picked up from TPF, I love this machine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely love it! Well done

#6563 1 year ago

Thanks heaps chappie101. This is why this forum is the best - people helping others on the other side of the planet

3 weeks later
#6629 1 year ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
I'm new to this thread and pretty new in general.
I just very recently acquired my FIRST pin - JJP POTC CE.
I'm considering an LE AFMr to pair with it.
(Two drastically different games ... and that's what I'm shooting for (see what I did there ))
Are you guys still loving it after X months of owning/playing and what do you think about the pairing?
Thanks!

Have had our AFMR LE since new (Dec 2017). It ain’t going anywhere - never gets old. It’s paired with my wife’s TWD Pro (which is set to brutal).

A pairing with JJP POTC CE would be pretty damn sweet.

#6655 1 year ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I played this game onsite. Managed to hit that crazy hyper loop thing. That is cool. The game was NOT level and leaned to the right which was super annoying...
EDIT: It currently ranks 33...
And AFM has dropped to #2! Oh no!

AFM/AFMR always tussles with MM/MMR for top spot. Brian Eddy is a pinball design genius.

#6670 1 year ago

Even though we went with Martian Green, all trim colours are awesome on this brilliant Remake LE

#6681 1 year ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Anything to look for when I get this NIB?
Probably right..
Like, you should definitely mylar these areas that didn't come pre-mylared, etc ..

I’m assuming the NIBs will have the new PIC2.0 chip, but just in case, open the back box and check - see photo.

9C5726F3-1C80-47B6-8CCD-FEBB5C54D341 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So anyway... From reading, it appears the PIC 2.0 actually fixed the topper issue for some so I guess that is my next best move.
Disappointing...
Back to my other game.

I don’t recall having to cut anything. The topper connection should plug in without the need of cutting pins etc.

#6845 1 year ago

Silly question: is there any CR (cell) batteries that need replacing on this machine?

#6852 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

A little round one on the board in the backbox. I wouldn't worry about it.Like on a motherboard, they last a long time.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Fantastic! Thank you

#6901 1 year ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

The worst part is often getting the old one out. I'll look for my chip puller tonight...... even that can be difficult for the larger ICs.

No need for the chip puller, the PIC 2.0 comes with a chip puller. Pulling out the old chip with the supplied chip puller is pretty easy. Aligning 2.0 is a bit more tricky - I was one of those people that broke the leg and had to order another 2.0 chip. Don't rush it like I did and you should be a ok.

1 month later
#7053 11 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

LE is nice. Aren't they sold out though?
So CE no with color $6000, CE with color for $6400 or SE with larger color screen, better sound, tri color led main saucer, shaker with slightly longer warranty for $900 more at $7300 or find a huo LE. Hmmm toss up for me. All good IMHO

it's a great dilemma to be in - you can't loose!

2 months later
#7318 8 months ago

I noticed (in a split second) some colour blending when the score is shown after each ball (when bonuses are added to the score). Anyone else notice this? It’s only happened once, but it was enough to get my attention. Will keep an eye on it to see if it’s a regular thing or a one off.

#7320 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's apparently due to the crappy way they're colorizing the video (compared to ColorDMD's way). If you slow-mo the video, the shifting and blending is all over the place. But be warned, once you can see it in slo-mo, you'll never UN-SEE it in regular speed. Bugs me all the time now because I was dumb enough to slo-mo it and accidentally train my brain what to see.

I need a MIB mind wipe wand now

PS: Thank you for your explanation. I thought I was going nuts. Never noticed till now.

3 months later
#7906 5 months ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hmmm... ok so I have just joined the AFM remake club and have a couple of questions.
1. There seems to alot of chat re cliffys and protectors. I have ordered a AFM ‘Special’ edition, what is the definitive list of stuff I need?
2. Ok, not very good at this one. There is also some chat about an old production microchip and a newer version. What do I need to look out for and why?
Merry Christmas all you pinball heads!
Craig

Open backbox and ensure you have PIC 2.0 installed

3C6FB755-2ECC-44F1-830B-409E2F5CAEAC (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7974 5 months ago

Still getting air balls even with the flippers turned down to -3 and pitch at 6.5 degrees. Thinking of making it steeper (7 degrees or 7.5). Anyone else run their machine at a steeper pitch/angle?

#7976 5 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I play mine at 7.2ish with the flippers on normal power. I don't have an issue with airballs.

Thank you for your confirmation. Time to steepen the gradient and get flipping

#7985 5 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Put old chip in and it works fine.

Your 2.0 chip is cactus. Get onto CGC (raise a support ticket for a replacement).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ausretrogamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside